AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-14, 09:09   Link #7701
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Though Ichika would have a plasma torch himself in Sacred Twins (SHINING FINGAAAA!)
Karon gets a glowing fist thanks to Invent System. However, the device doesn't even last 1 strike.

Quote:
I've feeling some Dejavu....

Oh right this is my argument that is disproved by Eratas and Agetreme. I still use it however.
Why was it disproved? Isn't what Tabane said about how Byakushiki was closest to White Knight? Wasn't the implication that all other IS were very far away? Then elements in the Alaska Treaty banning weapons that bypass the shields in tournaments?

Quote:
Why Tabane even care? The fact that White Knight Incident cost no live is borderline miraculous! Were talking about destruction of 2000+ ballistic missile and a shitload of naval force here.
Wait a minute. I thot it was:

[White Knight destroyed 2389 missiles and no aircraft or ship could stop it.]

White Knight didn't destroy ships and fighters IIRC. While I'm not sure of the specifics, the machine could well just evade or shoot down all the missiles armies threw at it.
Old 2011-11-14, 09:11   Link #7702
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
@zero: Can't I just say they have a lot of back-ups to take over representative status? I was thinking of introducing another one too.
I don't see why you can't have an oc to be paired off with Rong though. With the fact that you leaked out that he is a terrorist attacking public places, I really find on the believability scale that it would be impossible for a canon character to pair up with your character, unless you bring in some random girl from class 1A-D, that we haven't thought up of. Even so, I think as soon as the fact that his terrorism is revealed, even that girl will leave him. The character type that should be paired with Rong should be the childhood friend type.

I brought back my review, in case you didn't read it. Take this as a critic rather than flaming.

"I read Astro Exodus, first of all, the synopsis needs work because the fact that the author says that another machine for males to RIVAL the IS is already going to set off Red Stu possible flags.

Suggestion, change it to "a new machine has been developed, will this change the balance of power of the genders once more?" or something like that, something that doesn't indicate it HAS to be a male that pilots it.

Next, Rong is ringing in that he is practically close to omniscient in terms of personality and IS knowledge which does not bode well with me. And next, nobody even knows if Chifuyu has got a bro-con tendency for the canon characters (other than Maya MAYBE)."

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 09:16   Link #7703
agetreme
Just another Idiot

back-ups representative = Uchigane users.

Have fun with that....

*Age is having a ball of a time working on Custom Uchigane unit*
Old 2011-11-14, 09:17   Link #7704
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@agetreme: The Arke-Progenita comes with a special system that automatically links the individual equalizers with each other. So if the pilot just calls one of the equalizers then the whole package is swapped with the current one. Kinda like a specialized software. The equalizer slots are specially added on. Adaptor so to speak.

@blitz: I have been contemplating this but I want to see how much I can mess around with the characters before finalizing a pairing.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 09:22   Link #7705
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Still need time to equip.... (which is why Fourth gen is considered superior compared to Equalizer-Package-Users)

edit: Still Plan to troll IS-fanfic writers with a female OC using original Machine..... after exam.
Old 2011-11-14, 09:22   Link #7706
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Fact check:

No lives were lost simply because of the old rules of engagement in air combat: missiles from BVR. 2341 missiles were fired at it; White Knight knocked them all down. SAMs fired at it, WK shot them down. Guns fired at it, it evaded. When fighters came at it, it accelerated beyond the capacity of the fighters sent against it. Pilots end up 'losing' the WK rather than browning out from trying to keep up, because pros aren't idiots, and their planes just couldn't keep up. So the remainder lucky to get a lock would engage with air-to-air missiles... which the WK then shoots down with the rest of the ordnance being flung at it. And the White Knight ignores all the weapon platforms firing at her because she can.

This is what it means to come up against God... As Irish would testify in another timeline.

I'm pretty sure all other ISes (the G2 and G1 IS) pale in comparison to the original White Knight. G3s are beginning to get close, while G4 will be very close. G5 will probably exceed White Knight. The latter 3 however are all prototypes, so fortunately for armed forces everywhere, they still have a job.
Old 2011-11-14, 09:26   Link #7707
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@age: that's why it's a test unit. Feasibility and refinement are being studied. If it looks like it has absolutely no place on the field or the arena, then it will get scraped. For the uchigane thing, I'm sure this works in conventional rules of IS academy but Fillia was assigned as a test pilot by her government, not like ISA said anything about it. Think of it like a company sponsored machine.

EDIT: well I'm off. I'll defend myself tomorrow then
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 09:33   Link #7708
Eratas123

@ Meister - The missiles aren't the problem, its more on the fact that

1. The IS really tipped the scale in favor of females to the point where you can see a female beating up a guy with no repurcussions

2. The fact that she launched the missiles at a populated city! I don't care if she knew what was going to happen, she still gambled away peoples lives and tried to play God.

3. The after effects of the IS. In canon it created PT and made the gender inequality. In our multiple fanons, many people (Irish, Inami, other OC's) got their lives screwed over because of the IS.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:02   Link #7709
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

@Eras:

1. This was the effect of a distortion in the world unvealed by IS. Because in our world, this distortion does not exist, and therefore the unvealing of IS in our world would not have this effect on our world. (Also, a cornerstone of my fanon )

2. Never doubted that. Even in my take, Tabane is just a sister obsessed with building the perfect gift for her little sister. Everyone else is expendable.

3. It waits to be seen, but I'm fairly certain PT is Tabane's doing, though it has begun to take a life of its own. Its a pet theory of mine, so I'm not going to hammer it home just yet. Instead, I'm focusing on [Ea], called "Unknowns" by the Foundation. They are a paramilitary organization that somehow manages to have crack forces and ISes like a small country would, and claims to seek the recreation of eternal utopia, hence their name [Ea], the Kingdom of Gilgamesh.

And as my prologue continues, they continue to progress towards their Debut...

Infinite Stratos バンダム II

Spoiler for Scene 6:
The 3rd loli appears...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-11-14 at 19:47.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:40   Link #7710
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Meister - The missiles aren't the problem, its more on the fact that

1. The IS really tipped the scale in favor of females to the point where you can see a female beating up a guy with no repurcussions

2. The fact that she launched the missiles at a populated city! I don't care if she knew what was going to happen, she still gambled away peoples lives and tried to play God.

3. The after effects of the IS. In canon it created PT and made the gender inequality. In our multiple fanons, many people (Irish, Inami, other OC's) got their lives screwed over because of the IS.
Yeah, and you can see #1 for sure with mine.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 18:48   Link #7711
Eratas123

@ Jak - This is downplayed in the anime and manga, but the way Ichika remarks on the situation, it seems like it's been happening for a while now.

They probably wouldn't mention the fact that women basically lord over their status to men in the IS world since then they'd actually have to put a plot in the anime and make other than generi-harem #123.

Tabane actually seems like an antagonist from an outsiders POV: Launched missiles, made a machine that destroyed most of the balance to ridiculous levels (there's sexism nowadays, but not to the level where one gender is screwed out of their education), and then just disappears whenever she pleases.

If we look at it from the POV of an average joe in the IS world, Tabane isn't very heroic.
Old 2011-11-14, 18:53   Link #7712
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Fact check:

No lives were lost simply because of the old rules of engagement in air combat: missiles from BVR. 2341 missiles were fired at it; White Knight knocked them all down. SAMs fired at it, WK shot them down. Guns fired at it, it evaded. When fighters came at it, it accelerated beyond the capacity of the fighters sent against it. Pilots end up 'losing' the WK rather than browning out from trying to keep up, because pros aren't idiots, and their planes just couldn't keep up. So the remainder lucky to get a lock would engage with air-to-air missiles... which the WK then shoots down with the rest of the ordnance being flung at it. And the White Knight ignores all the weapon platforms firing at her because she can.

This is what it means to come up against God... As Irish would testify in another timeline.

I'm pretty sure all other ISes (the G2 and G1 IS) pale in comparison to the original White Knight. G3s are beginning to get close, while G4 will be very close. G5 will probably exceed White Knight. The latter 3 however are all prototypes, so fortunately for armed forces everywhere, they still have a job.
Yeah, tell that to my guys...
Old 2011-11-14, 18:58   Link #7713
Eratas123

@ Jak - You forget the main advantage the army has over the G1-G3: Sheer numbers. Most IS are only used for testingnso there's only a limited number on the field at a time, the army however has the ultimate technique; the zerg rush. They can literally overwhelm the units by piling body upon body to keep fighting it. Your OC group is only, at most, 200. Not enough to make them valuable. Hell, there's more than 200 in every small base that an army has.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:42   Link #7714
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Yeah, tell that to my guys...
You decided not to include your guys in my world, so they aren't included in that statement.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:43   Link #7715
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Fact check:

Not True, White Knight as LN depicted taking on the Jet fighters by SLICING them up with heer BFS (granted, the cockpit is what's left but the pilot will survive), also point defense (assume it's unmanned) are all but obliterated, as for naval battlegroup? The propulsion, the propeller to be specific (because attacking the engine compartment will kill at the least few dozens...)

Also, AAM is fast enough ti hit white Knight at lower altitude (where Missiles are faster) but they're too weak do do jack, the same goes with autocannon (assumes to be 20mm vulcan). This is from Tabane's report.

(not sure if she exaggerated the useless missile part, but makes sense considering the warhead used in those missile is not designed to pierce strong resistance)

Quote:
Silver Karon will own ShiroKishi 100 times and done with it.

Quote:
Uh? In mine, Akatsubaki and Byakushiki can surpass it if not for flaws (not counting pilot factor of course), Gospel is the only one has comparable performance.

As Hirameki, ShiroKishi is 60% weaker due to power source problem.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:45   Link #7716
DarkJak2050

Quote:
You decided not to include your guys in my world, so they aren't included in that statement.
Well, either way, their mercenary group got disbanded because of the IS.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:47   Link #7717
Eratas123

@ Zero - The point is that the White Knight didn't kill a single person. That alone should tell you how strong she is compared to the other IS which cause a crapload of collateral damage all the time.

Side note - Silver Karon is a literal physical God, we can't have any of the characters fighting her amd expect to win.
Old 2011-11-14, 19:49   Link #7718
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - The point is that the White Knight didn't kill a single person. That alone should tell you how strong she is compared to the other IS which cause a crapload of collateral damage all the time.

Side note - Silver Karon is a literal physical God, we can't have any of the characters fighting her amd expect to win.
It was piloted by Chifuyu, I said pilot factor not included!
Old 2011-11-14, 19:53   Link #7719
Eratas123

Quote:
It was piloted by Chifuyu, I said pilot factor not included!
Oh sorry, I guess I missed it *Prepares to hang himself in shame*

@ Meister and Zero - Are Ichika/The St@rs ever gonna kill people willingly (not accidentally) in Sacred twins/Vandam?
Old 2011-11-14, 19:58   Link #7720
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Meister and Zero - Are Ichika/The St@rs ever gonna kill people willingly (not accidentally) in Sacred twins/Vandam?
There's no St@rs in my fic, though Luiose is there. She's smug, and MIGHT not hesistate to kill given chance (She won't have it).

She refused to kill innocent/ weak people or even using them as a shield/ hostage however, because it's cowardice, shameful and not worth the effort. Deceiving innocent for her benefit however is her breakfast.

Anyway, I'm going to school for second day of exam, wish me luck.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest