AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS+ plus - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 9 26.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 11.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 29.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 14.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 11.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-23, 00:05   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Amagami SS+ plus - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (Kaoru After 2)

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS+ plus, Episode 8 (Kaoru After 2).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-02-23, 05:38   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

Oh, the joys of youth, of being able to be alone with the one you love. If only things went smoothly, that is.....
Old 2012-02-23, 22:32   Link #3
Somnus
Eh?

I found this to be a very tame conclusion to a very fiery first half.

It wasn't bad...just anti-climactic. The explanation is as simple as "it's just the way they've always been", and will most likely stay that way since that's how their relationship works best. Unfortunately what that means for us viewers is that what we were introduced to with Kaoru is pretty much all we get with her, since the two of them didn't really need to develop their relationship past what it already was. Honestly, the only difference now is that they're kissing.

Again, nothing bad and I still really like Kaoru. This arc just didn't have the impact Ai's did, as we were able to see a major shift between relationship status for that.

My current ranking for the arcs goes:

Ai > Tsukasa > Kaoru

I skipped Rihoko's, so I'm not able to rank it.

EDIT: Also I think Ai's arc spoiled me. This show is much more enjoyable when Junichi's not hopeless. It's actually really interesting to see what effect the women have on how he ends up developing.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-02-23 at 22:57.
Old 2012-02-23, 22:43   Link #4
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

For all the troubles they had, they had some pretty good moments. Another one of Junichi's became reality at the hot spring. Umehara to the rescue! My favorite scene was them kissing on the beach.
Old 2012-02-23, 23:22   Link #5
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah, I'm with Somnus on this. It all felt too "normal" and not enough like the finisher it should have been, like the Tsukasa, Ai, and Rihoko arcs.

Hopefully they can bring back the high peaking of the previous arcs for Sae and Haruka's arcs. (they'd definitely better bring it back for Haruka's arc ) The way things kept spiking in their arcs (especially with the moe-overdose fainting in Sae's arc and the.......fetishes of Haruka's ), it would be incredibly disappointing to see their arcs plateau like in Kaoru's.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:05   Link #6
Kyuu
=^^=

I will have to ask: Is this a relationship or a friendship? 'cause seriously... ... the awkwardness should not even exist. Quite frankly... it's nearing the end stages with all this arguing, etc.

===

Alright. Nevermind. Whatever. I gave up on these two, but there's still some hope left. XD
Old 2012-02-24, 02:08   Link #7
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Freaking terrible.

"BOSS! Hows your man training going?!"

"It's going AWESOME!" <--- fucking lie.

Junichi was a bitch the entire episode, can't help but face palm frequently throughout the whole thing.
Old 2012-02-24, 02:16   Link #8
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Junichi was a bitch the entire episode, can't help but face palm frequently throughout the whole thing.
Judging on my post -- Yea, I was rage quitting. Too many times I wanted to beat him up.
Old 2012-02-24, 03:24   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Once again Umehara saves the day. God that guy deserves something good to happen before this is all over. The man just keeps on helping Junichi out.

I didn't think it was that bad. I mean at least it focused on the couple instead of an election. Sure there was some whining in this second part, but that only brought it down a bit for me.

Could really feel sympathy regarding calling home. Sometimes a younger sibling needs to be quiet and let you explain what's up. Of course in that kind of situation just called collect and the issue was getting them to answer at all .
Old 2012-02-24, 05:47   Link #10
Sumeragi
Banned

I don't know about most of you, but having been in a relation for over three years (almost two years engaged), I can see what kind of relationship the two has. I give this episode the same score as I gave the Ai episode: If Ai is still in the flowery love-love stage, Kaoru is in the very advanced stage of partner-friend. While this may be boring to those wanting action, I find warm satisfaction.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:09   Link #11
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Slightly preferred the the previous episode compared to this, nonetheless, the ending scene of the picture of both of them was perfect. And it seems like no matter which girl Junichi goes out with, Umehara will end up helping them in a way at some point, what a bro that is, one that everyone will be proud of. Now, if only he could get the love he desires by the end of the series...
Old 2012-02-24, 09:08   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah I don't see what the complaint is about, I was too busy falling in love with Kaoru all over again with all the dere faces that she's showing. The bickering part was a different and a somewhat arguably realistic touch because l have never seen a couple that never fight over the little things and blaming each other for it, the most important thing is that they don't like it weight them down. This shows the uniquely different dynamics that Junichi has with Kaoru.

And damn that last kiss was hot It's like the ending of a Bond movie
Old 2012-02-24, 10:09   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The episode was highly enjoyable, but I was also slightly disappointed their relationship didn't evolve. They even decided to leave it as it was for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't know about most of you, but having been in a relation for over three years (almost two years engaged), I can see what kind of relationship the two has. I give this episode the same score as I gave the Ai episode: If Ai is still in the flowery love-love stage, Kaoru is in the very advanced stage of partner-friend. While this may be boring to those wanting action, I find warm satisfaction.
We're just seeing things differently. In my opinion, Kaoru and Junichi are still stuck in the initial stage rather than a very advanced stage (which implies they have moved past other stages). They are not that much closer now than they were at the beginning of her arc in the first season. They're still just (very close) friends trying to become lovers. The partner (<- that's where they fail)-friend relationship you're talking about is still a long way off for them.
Old 2012-02-24, 12:20   Link #14
Freeter
beyond

Umehara steals the show once again. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up with someone when Haruka's final episode airs.

Rather disappointing conclusion to Kaoru's arc, despite the increase in ecchi and cute reactions from Kaoru. It could have used less bickering and more intimate moments between the two (that innkeeper definitely tried to get the ball rolling with the room setup). The other arcs have raised the bar quite considerably, so capping off with 'still friends, not quite lovers' doesn't make for a satisfying finish.

Surprisingly, the preview didn't show much of Sae, so either they're saving some juicy stuff for her arc or it's going to be tamer than before (given what Sae's done for Junichi already, I doubt that). It'll be hilarious if they have random characters chiming in for the narration like a play-by-play. Maybe Umehara can call the action when Junichi and Sae get intimate
Old 2012-02-24, 12:21   Link #15
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The episode was highly enjoyable, but I was also slightly disappointed their relationship didn't evolve. They even decided to leave it as it was for now.

We're just seeing things differently. In my opinion, Kaoru and Junichi are still stuck in the initial stage rather than a very advanced stage (which implies they have moved past other stages). They are not that much closer now than they were at the beginning of her arc in the first season. They're still just (very close) friends trying to become lovers. The partner (<- that's where they fail)-friend relationship you're talking about is still a long way off for them.
Friends? For friends, they sure are intimate.
Old 2012-02-24, 13:26   Link #16
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Whiners just want to see Junichi get it on with Kaoru LOL

Well I guess the only characters that Junichi had sex with (before the 10 year time skip) are Haruka and probably Ai....
Old 2012-02-24, 13:51   Link #17
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Well I guess the only characters that Junichi had sex with (before the 10 year time skip) are Haruka and probably Ai....
It's been gone over in the Ai episode thread, but no. Junichi does not have the guts, nor the girls that loose a personality, to be making love while still going to high school. I mean, jeez, why do people assuming acts would be done as if it's natural?
Old 2012-02-24, 15:48   Link #18
justavisitor

pretty good episode...

next week is Sae's arc!! Wonder whether the infamous narrator would make a return XD (actually, in the preview, if I am not mistaken, one of the characters also mentions that narrator )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2012-02-24, 15:52   Link #19
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It's been gone over in the Ai episode thread, but no. Junichi does not have the guts, nor the girls that loose a personality, to be making love while still going to high school. I mean, jeez, why do people assuming acts would be done as if it's natural?
Premarital sex is pretty normal in this modern times. Anyway I said "probably" in Ai's case. In Haruka's case the writers followed her Best Ending in the game. This is from her MAL profile
Spoiler for game:
So its safe to assume that something happened.

Sheesh this is just a show. There is no need to get serious.
Old 2012-02-24, 16:10   Link #20
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
pretty good episode...

next week is Sae's arc!! Wonder whether the infamous narrator would make a return XD (actually, in the preview, if I am not mistaken, one of the characters also mentions that narrator )
Spoiler:

(No wait, no chance in hell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah I don't see what the complaint is about, I was too busy falling in love with Kaoru all over again with all the dere faces that she's showing. The bickering part was a different and a somewhat arguably realistic touch because l have never seen a couple that never fight over the little things and blaming each other for it, the most important thing is that they don't like it weight them down. This shows the uniquely different dynamics that Junichi has with Kaoru.
Indeed. The bickering. That's natural. But it goes to show you what men really shouldn't do: blame his woman over the little things, and just let it go. When they were fighting over the way money was spent -- oh boy. Many divorces have resulted from fights like that; although, they were much more intense and involved higher amounts of money. In this episode, it was merely pocket change.

Nevertheless, eventually, they did managed to just let by-gones be by-gones. And in the end, OK. That's fine. I'll take it. Many relationships can survive this kind of in-fighting by being able to patch things up. Likewise, good memories are very important. This is why "moments" are just as important.
Closed Thread