AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 20:01   Link #241
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm still on the edge for checking this out. If only because it's been so long since I've seen anything from this series and thus can barely remember it .
Old 2012-04-02, 20:46   Link #242
gsilver

So, uh, when's this going to show up on Crunchyroll?

I don't watch fansubs of things available streaming on principle, but I'm getting kinda antsy, given that there's no mention of a start date even though the show has started airing.
Old 2012-04-02, 22:49   Link #243
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Well, for sure Shiryuu can't wear his (or at least, not for long) cause his son is getting it.

I would be pleased with an arc about finding people who may fit the role of gold saint (and thus, having old characters back)
I guess the OP is avoiding to spoil the fate of the old characters .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 22:53   Link #244
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Gosh... I hate when an OP does that.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 02:42   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm still on the edge for checking this out. If only because it's been so long since I've seen anything from this series and thus can barely remember it .
Like a few have said already in this thread, you shouldn't have any problems enjoying Omega.
Old 2012-04-03, 08:45   Link #246
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
well that's weird coz TOEI usually like to spoil the contents in the opening or even worse terebii magazines months before the actual contents showed up in the anime
Old 2012-04-03, 13:41   Link #247
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Well I'm happy about seiyuu of Omega. I think Koga' seiyuu was cool especially when he get of the ground and he said "I will protect Saori san!" .

About the OP of Omega, I don't think it's already out. I don't have a date...
By the way, I'm happy to see a shonen OP which doesn't spoil anything cause there are too much shonen today with a megaspoil opening like Fairy Tail .
Old 2012-04-03, 14:30   Link #248
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I
By the way, do you think we will see other Gold Saints? Yeah Mars said that Athena wasn't protected by a gold saint, but it can mean different things.
As you know, all of the gold saints died during the hades arc, and the only remaining silver saints are Marin and Shaina

This means, you only have a handful for Bronze saints and them to fill in the shoes of gold saints. Unless they find exceptional new blood, they don't have much to work with. We know Shaina didn't make it to gold, so we can use that as a minimum litmus test.

The story so far seems to suggest that Seiya was the only one out of the old generation that made it to gold saint

Shiryu probably followed his old master and retired to be a trainer

Ikki is probably too proud of being anything another than Phoenix. His cloth is just that awesome.

No sure about the others.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 18:36   Link #249
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I think at the minimum we would see Shiryu and Hyoga as the Libra and Aquarius Gold Saint - both of them wore the gold clothes nearly as much as Seiya in the original and has an even closer connection to the original gold saints, them NOT become Gold Saints is almost blasphemy.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 20:08   Link #250
n0m@n
C-Z

I checked the OP but apart from Seiya other guys seems to have their old cloth. But like many of you said they probably don't want to spoil us or something.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...Man/Saints.png
Old 2012-04-03, 22:05   Link #251
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Another Gold Saint possibility is Kiki as the Aries Gold Saint.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if the lore explanation for the Gems instead of Boxes was his doing. He never seemed to like carrying those Boxes everytime Mu sent him out on errands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Shiryu probably followed his old master and retired to be a trainer.
Retired as Dohko was, it didn't change the fact that he held the position of Libra Gold Saint.

Gold Saints didn't have to be Athena's full-time guardians to be a Gold Saint.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:10   Link #252
LKK

Crunchyroll finally put up episode 1 for its premium members.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:51   Link #253
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
I checked the OP but apart from Seiya other guys seems to have their old cloth. But like many of you said they probably don't want to spoil us or something.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/...Man/Saints.png
It's the very first version of their cloths too. So yeah, it doesn't mean anything. We know Shiryu's son inherited his father's cloth anyway, so clearly, Shiryu isn't the Dragon saint anymore. I'd like to know what the heck he's doing though... meditating in front of that damn waterfall?
Old 2012-04-04, 20:15   Link #254
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's the very first version of their cloths too. So yeah, it doesn't mean anything. We know Shiryu's son inherited his father's cloth anyway, so clearly, Shiryu isn't the Dragon saint anymore. I'd like to know what the heck he's doing though... meditating in front of that damn waterfall?
LOL. Well, at least Dohko Roshi had a reason to stay at that waterfall. He had to keep an eye on the hill that sealed the Spectres. Shiryuu has no reason to do that unless he is practicing more Rozan Dragon techniques. I’d prefer he became a good husband for Shunrei. She deserves it after waiting for him for so long . *Sigh*, I suddenly remember the poor Shaina again.
Old 2012-04-04, 20:46   Link #255
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I’d prefer he became a good husband for Shunrei. She deserves it after waiting for him for so long
It's not really that long considering that Shiryu was only 14 years old back in the original series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
*Sigh*, I suddenly remember the poor Shaina again.
Now this one is a different story altogether.

I mean, Seiya took away her...

- pride ( mask )
- best student ( Cassius )
- heart (her love-hate feelings for Seiya )

And in Omega? Nevermind that she obviously still holds strong feelings towards Seiya after so so many years, she's taking care of Seiya 2.0, and is Saori's closest Saint guardian... whom even from a non-romantic perspective, holds a far far more important place in Seiya's heart than she will ever.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 13:45   Link #256
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Saint Seiya Omega Pia: http://www.cavzodiaco.com.br/saint_seiya_pia
Old 2012-04-06, 15:43   Link #257
ShiroiRyu

In english ?
It's some artbook ?
Yuna have a staff ? O_o
Old 2012-04-07, 08:36   Link #258
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Having watched the first episode, I can say a few things:

- I don't mind the loss of armor boxes, I can handwave it with "Athena getting on with the changes of time and miniaturization, etc..." I know two people who may not like this change. But as far as I am concerned, I am fine.

- I enjoyed the cover of Pegasus Fantasy, even tho it lacks the "punch" that the original had. But tbh, I liked Soldier Dream, the second OP of the original series, more.

- I don't mind the modernized aesthetics.

- I am not immediately sold on Kouga; maybe it is his relunctant attitude regarding his status as a Saint. I have watched the first episode of the original series out of curiosity, and I liked Seiya a little more. (even tho he was not my most favorite of the five original Bronze Saints, I am more a fan of Hyoga).

How long this series is going to be? It would be an interesting experiment to watch this, alongside the original series.

PS: I am waiting for Wolf Saint, being a fan of Junichi Suwabe's work since X TV. He is to me the closest equivalent to a modern day Kaneto Shiozawa.

PPS: By "watching" the original series. I meant the original in subbed version. My main exposition to Saint Seiya, like many frenchmen of my age range, had been the french dub brought by Club Dorothée. Out of all Big Shounen of that time period, Saint Seiya had been the one leaving me wanting for more after the conclusion of Poseidon arc, especially when I heard about the Hades part back in the day.

Last edited by Sheba; 2012-04-07 at 09:09.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:28   Link #259
Key Board
Carbon

Episode 2

Kouga meets Lionet Souma
Learns about the basics of Cosmo
it kinda reminds me of HunterxHunter at the moment
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 22:52   Link #260
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Spoiler for Episode 2 + preview:
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen