AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-03-20, 03:51   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

[Anime-Only] Shippuden Episode 51-52 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 10:28   Link #2
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
if it sucks like the last double espisode then narutos dead for me....
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 11:23   Link #3
BlackShinobi07

Sasuke haters, prepare to hate like you've never hated before! Our favorite Uchiha looks even more badass than I thought was possible for even him. Oh man, what a debut. He makes not only Naruto look pathetic, but Sai and Yamato as well without much effort! What a guy. Oh yea, and one more thing about Naruto. He's more useless than ever now that his one and only edge has been rendered useless by those sinister eyes. Oh, did I mention Sasuke looked spectacular when using his chidori powers!!!!

Last edited by BlackShinobi07; 2008-03-20 at 11:58.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 11:27   Link #4
pac2is
Shinsengumi captain

Great, we'll finally be able to see that spoiler from the beginning of shippuuden
(i guess it'll be the end of this special when they meet each other, and next week they'll actually speak to each other if you ask me X__X)
Not sure though! But if you see how slow naruto goes then its a high probability...
pac2is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 11:35   Link #5
ILikeSquiReLz
<ˆ>(`;´)<ˆ>

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Sasuke haters , prepare to hate like you've never hated before! Our favorite Uchiha looks even more badass than I thought was possible for even him. Oh man, what a debut. He makes not only Naruto look pathetic, but Sai and Yamato as well with out much effort! What a guy. Oh yea, and one more thing about Naruto. He's more useless than ever now that his one ad only edge has been rendered useless by those eyes. Just wait and see. Sasuke looked spetacular!!!!
I for one don't hate him, nor do I like him as a character. But I do hate his hax0r I am the author’s favorite skills. But eh it can't be helped it's the only way they are going to ever be able to contend with the evildoers. I hope this ep is worth the waiting and waiting for previous episodes to end and that the pacing picks up from here as I do have like 3-4 episodes to catch up on for this one.
ILikeSquiReLz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 12:03   Link #6
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Sasuke haters, prepare to hate like you've never hated before! Our favorite Uchiha looks even more badass than I thought was possible for even him. Oh man, what a debut. He makes not only Naruto look pathetic, but Sai and Yamato as well without much effort! What a guy. Oh yea, and one more thing about Naruto. He's more useless than ever now that his one and only edge has been rendered useless by those sinister eyes. Oh, did I mention Sasuke looked spectacular when using his chidori powers!!!!
yep sasuke is da man
Old 2008-03-20, 13:30   Link #7
Fyria

Quote:
Aah SASUKE! . About time we get this show running...I was getting majorly pissed at that blonde brat with orange jumpsuit, arrogant and annoying.

Omg Sasuke is so godlike awesome this episode...

Finally this show is getting good again after ep 134
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 16:50   Link #8
Irkalla
I asked for this

I already hear the fangirls screaming XD
Nothing special about this ep, unless ur really a Sasuke fan and a non manga reader.
It was funny how he wiped everybody out with just one chidori like they were some flies or something...well whatever.
Old 2008-03-20, 17:38   Link #9
Heavy

Flashback galore!
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 18:09   Link #10
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Flashbacks AGAIN!! we haven't seen the fight actually just again a lot of staring and flashbacks...but i have to say, that Sasuke is one big badass but this episode was also heartbreaking for Sakura and Naruto... I feel so sorry for them
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 18:17   Link #11
BlackShinobi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
It was funny how he wiped everybody out with just one chidori like they were some flies or something...well whatever.
Yep. Thats Sasuke for you.
BlackShinobi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 18:28   Link #12
Sasuke_Bateman
No

It's weird, Sasuke is far more attractive than Sakura
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 18:43   Link #13
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
It's weird, Sasuke is far more attractive than Sakura

You've just noticed? Why else do you think we have such a die-hard group of Sasuke-fans out there? Sasuke is so seriously good looking that it isn't unusual to have improper thoughts about him without raising question about ones sexual orientation. *looks sideways*

I also need to apologize to my fellow Sakura-fans, but let's face it.... we can't bend the obvious forever.

I'll be watching this episode just because fans are telling me I'll get to ogle Sasuke-kun's dashing good looks.
Old 2008-03-20, 19:20   Link #14
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

You've just noticed? Why else do you think we have such a die-hard group of Sasuke-fans out there? Sasuke is so seriously good looking that it isn't unusual to have improper thoughts about him without raising question about ones sexual orientation. *looks sideways*

I also need to apologize to my fellow Sakura-fans, but let's face it.... we can't bend the obvious forever.

I'll be watching this episode just because fans are telling me I'll get to ogle Sasuke-kun's dashing good looks.
When the wind was blowing in his hair i got butterflies it was weird. I'm so confused
Sasuke_Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 20:06   Link #15
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darn it! Well I should have known better. I've seen the episode and now I regret it. It was a compilation of flashbacks from some of the most memorable moments in Naruto. The original moments in the episode is just s---l---o---w---l---y recited dialogues with maximum pause and effect to generate the utmost of... anti-climax. Yamamoto-sensei, Narutard, and Sakura-chan took every opportunity to prolong the discovery of Sai's original intention which is to assassinate Sasuke-kun. After that merciful conclusion of the obvious that was stated in the Bingo book Yamamoto-sensei was browsing (which took about 15 minutes), Sai delves into the grand speeches of why he has changed his original intention to kill Sasuke-kun and now wants to bring back Sasuke-kun to Konoha. Sai doesn't forget to give credit to where it is due... so he recollects all the flashback concerning Naruto for our benefit. That took about another 10 minutes. Another merciful conclusion. Capturing devices assume position to get Sasuke-kun. Big bang. And we do a re-do of episode 1 (Shippuuden) from the scene where Sasuke stands on the ledge of that depression created by that uber explosion. Oh dear!

Upon facing Naruto, Sasuke-kun recalls some past scenes such as his little skirmish with Itachi. Sasuke-kun, then, moves on to recollect the memory of that glorious battle fought in episode 133-134. And after that, we get ourselves the replay of that very well animated scene from episode 1 where Sasuke-kun enters Naruto's head to have a one on one session with Kiyubi.

The sad part is that the animators didn't hesitate to point out their own shameless lack of effort by giving us a comparison as they brought back those very well done scenes in flashback. The difference in quality of Naruto between "now" and "then" made me cringe. I'm so sad.

Episode preview for 53 promises staring contest between Naruto and Sasuke-kun. Sasuke-kun will also stab the ground at some point in the episode. I promise I'll not watch it.
Old 2008-03-20, 20:33   Link #16
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

man this is absolutely depressing...i told myself that i would just wait for the anime to come out and stop reading the manga...but at this cr@p snail pace that naruto is going at...i don't see a point in waiting for the anime anymore. i can pretty much animate the whole frigging manga in my head...i sometimes get confused and actually remember certain manga scenes in animated versions lol >.< (it's pretty sick though)

anyway...if the pace does not pick up i think i might have to go back to the manga !
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 21:13   Link #17
EoT
~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
man this is absolutely depressing...i told myself that i would just wait for the anime to come out and stop reading the manga...but at this cr@p snail pace that naruto is going at...i don't see a point in waiting for the anime anymore. i can pretty much animate the whole frigging manga in my head...i sometimes get confused and actually remember certain manga scenes in animated versions lol >.< (it's pretty sick though)

anyway...if the pace does not pick up i think i might have to go back to the manga !
What do you mean? the pace has been the same since the first episode

Go read the Manga now

Havn't actually watched Naruto since episode 43. I have held out well
EoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 21:28   Link #18
NocturnalArcadia

Havent watched it yet, but I knew (just like most knew) that they would flesh this out. The movie should be out in APRIL, so they need to hold off on the good stuff to drum up sales of the DVD. Lets bask in the show and appreciate that we all love it... Once the DVD for the movie is released the show should go into hyperdrive....after all, w/o these reflection shows, they would easy catch up to the manga.....
NocturnalArcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 21:28   Link #19
KyuubiRocks
What?!

Gees..from what i've read..i'm not looking forward to watching
from episode 34 where i left off to hopefully see if watching all the
episodes back to back would change the slow pace of the seires...
WHO CARES!!....lol..I'm a NARUTARD.
Old 2008-03-20, 22:06   Link #20
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

After reading the quick reviews of this double header, I think I'll save my download quota and skip this episode.

It'd be nice if someone at TV Tokyo or Studio Pierrot had some integrity and animated Naruto properly as it originally was. The appeal of Naruto is quickly fading and the legacy of what was Naruto is being sullied by poor story telling for the sake of milking the franchise for all it is worth.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote