Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-04, 18:13   Link #121
ShinAkuma135
King of Beasts

Send a message via AIM to ShinAkuma135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Of course Orihime could. But she's in HM right now.
ooooooh...dang i completely forgot about that. she recently helped in ripping off ishidas arm and for indirectly killing ulquiorra...how could i forget???? guess we'll have to rely on mayuri sama...
Old 2009-06-04, 18:16   Link #122
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinAkuma135 View Post
guess we'll have to rely on mayuri sama...
For repairing Soifon? lol he's in HM too
Old 2009-06-04, 18:23   Link #123
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I don't get the reason why he and Halibel had released either
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
^ If u can answer why Ulq do the second release then u can answer the question...
The answer is simple....who the hell wants to kill someone with a pistol when you blow them up with a grenade or get a headshot. Looking cool when you kill is a MUST

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2009-06-04, 18:37   Link #124
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
The answer is simple....who the hell wants to kill someone with a pistol when you blow them up with a grenade or get a headshot. Looking cool when you kill is a MUST
This is a manga... they need spectacle...
Old 2009-06-04, 18:38   Link #125
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
so her Bankai is a Kamehameha blast? /sigh...
No its a bfg 9000
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-06-04, 20:42   Link #126
Justin Kim
*Artist

You guys are forgetting the Orihime factor.
Old 2009-06-04, 22:20   Link #127
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
You guys are forgetting the Orihime factor.
But she is in HM right now, Unohana also... i dont know how capable the 3rd seat is (the guy with glasses who fell for Orihime in SS Arc )
Old 2009-06-04, 22:37   Link #128
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

In regard to Barragan and Harribel releasing early, or at least, when compared to some of the other Espada we have seen, I don't see it as much of a concern; there is nothing stopping Kubo from giving them a second release which they develop under stress (i.e., Ichigo) or which they had hidden up until now (i.e., Ulquiorra).

As for Soi Fon's bankai, truth be told, I'm not really feeling it. It doesn't seem to be as bad as I had expected, however, it still doesn't suit her character. Moreover, the concept seems to be a product of creative laziness on the part of the author. I mean, when it comes down to it, her bankai is basically a gun (or a bazooka for that matter).

I'm not a fan of Tosen's bankai either, for example, but at least his is creative and rather unique. It corresponds to his very being (albeit, in somewhat of a tacky fashion). With Soi Fon, on the other hand, Kubo saw fit to give his ninja-style captain a gun--could there be anything more ironic, nonsensical, and foremost, unsuitable?
Old 2009-06-04, 23:20   Link #129
Sythychan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
As for Soi Fon's bankai, truth be told, I'm not really feeling it.
I agree, it's just... wrong fitting? I gave it some chance before I could see it a bit easier and it's, too me, something that was thrown together at the last second because A. he didn't care or B. it really won't matter in the long run.
Old 2009-06-04, 23:28   Link #130
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
I agree, it's just... wrong fitting? I gave it some chance before I could see it a bit easier and it's, too me, something that was thrown together at the last second because A. he didn't care or B. it really won't matter in the long run.
Yeah, in regard to what you were saying about how it might not matter in the long run (which is upsetting because she is one of my favorite characters), that might be the reason her bankai is so bland.

Problem is, Bleach has so many characters that some of them are bound to get short shifted. For example, given how many bankai are yet to be revealed, a character like Komamura is probably used up. Bankai has already been seen twice, would Kubo even bother with him anymore? Regrettably, this might also be Soi Fon's fate as well.
Old 2009-06-05, 02:28   Link #131
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

All i have to say is that bleach has gotten real ugly these past few weeks
Old 2009-06-05, 03:22   Link #132
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
All i have to say is that bleach has gotten real ugly these past few weeks
Bleach should really quit wasting an entire eposide over some random people's bankai if it wants to survive...I know the author is gaining money from huge amounts of fanboy database that can be pleased with just one bankai hitsugaya picture but there are others that gets bored to hell from those cheapshots
Old 2009-06-05, 07:26   Link #133
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
I'm not a fan of Tosen's bankai either, for example, but at least his is creative and rather unique. It corresponds to his very being (albeit, in somewhat of a tacky fashion). With Soi Fon, on the other hand, Kubo saw fit to give his ninja-style captain a gun--could there be anything more ironic, nonsensical, and foremost, unsuitable?
I think her bankai is supposed to be intentionally ironic, as Soifon explains those are the very reasons she doesn't like to use it.

Anyways, Omaeda surprisingly shows some cunning again by creating a smoke screen to hide from Barragan. But it looks like Barragan wasn't really interested anyway, he was just waiting for Soifon to reveal herself.

And Utitake's still toying with Lilnette. I'm really curious to see where Kubo's taking that fight.

Old 2009-06-05, 08:17   Link #134
Casshern

Go go Soi Fon, the Humanoid Typhoon.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:25   Link #135
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

What the hell makes Ukitake instantly a pedophile because of this chapter? Where does it mention that he loves kids or are interested in them sexually? And if he is, do you think that will be explored in the manga? Either way, I don't really care. Lolicons are common in Japan.

/offtopic
Old 2009-06-05, 08:26   Link #136
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Soi Fon's BanKai: IMMA CHARGIN MAH.....oh nevermind.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:42   Link #137
BaltazarDZ
Lazy Bum

Send a message via MSN to BaltazarDZ Send a message via Yahoo to BaltazarDZ
I think that actually Soi Fon's bankai does fit her. She wants to be the same as Yoruichi the hax assasin but her ambition was too big and it spawned that arm.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:47   Link #138
karthak
Baruk Khazad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythychan View Post
Thrown together at the last second? I kinda doubt that. I think Kubo knew what her bankai was going to be at her first appearance. The reason she hasn't used it until now is that she doesn't like that it's such an unsubtle weapon. Those occasions where she could have released bankai but instead settled for shikai all make sense now.
Old 2009-06-05, 08:52   Link #139
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthak View Post
Thrown together at the last second? I kinda doubt that. I think Kubo knew what her bankai was going to be at her first appearance. The reason she hasn't used it until now is that she doesn't like that it's such an unsubtle weapon. Those occasions where she could have released bankai but instead settled for shikai all make sense now.
No it doesn't. What kind of idiot captain limits themselves in such dire situations just because they don't like the 'style'. She had to lose a freaking ARM before she released.

As soon as the fight started she should've just released immediately, tell Barragan she likes to call it the "fuck you gun" and blasted him to other side of the world.
Old 2009-06-05, 09:00   Link #140
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Soi fon's bankai is actually War Machine's Proton Cannon
lol

Closed Thread

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, manga