AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-14, 14:12   Link #261
Zefyris
図書館狼

That second episode was far more to my taste than the first one that made me cringe quite a bit. It's lucky because I would have probably dropped it soon, that was barely bearable from time to time.

That little sister makes me cringe every times she talks tho. So I hope she doesn't talk that much or get developed properly. What's with her changing her gobi at every sentence? Did the anime studio thought that was cute or something? Becuse that's not and it's terribly annoying after the first 15 second she appeared. For 15 seconds I was surprised, then completely annoyed. On top of this her gobi are all absolutely weird, what's up with the samurai-like de gozaru or or the wannabe-moe-loli-kyara "na no desu". Are you a ninja hybrid version of Hanyuu or something? Stick with one already.... Or at least explain why she does that :/. Not even talking about the over the top acting every times she talk.
I hope that at least she isn't going to have a romance with the mc. That would be the killing blow for me >_<".

Anyway, nice story in this episode. So that's why they were so adamant to have him transfering school and helping them at the council. If they can lose the sister somewhere in an isolated mountain, I'll be quite happy.
Old 2015-07-14, 14:22   Link #262
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Are you a ninja hybrid version of Hanyuu or something?
I approve of this idea.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 15:02   Link #263
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
Are you a ninja hybrid version of Hanyuu or something?
I consider this a compliment .
Old 2015-07-14, 15:40   Link #264
Zefyris
図書館狼

If she was really, yes. And if her seiyuu was Horie Yui, then by all means, yes. But if she's just a pretender of being a ninja hybrid version of Hanyuu, then no. :]
Old 2015-07-14, 16:54   Link #265
Yamada II

Quote:
That little sister makes me cringe every times she talks tho. So I hope she doesn't talk that much or get developed properly. What's with her changing her gobi at every sentence? Did the anime studio thought that was cute or something? Becuse that's not and it's terribly annoying after the first 15 second she appeared. For 15 seconds I was surprised, then completely annoyed. On top of this her gobi are all absolutely weird, what's up with the samurai-like de gozaru or or the wannabe-moe-loli-kyara "na no desu". Are you a ninja hybrid version of Hanyuu or something? Stick with one already.... Or at least explain why she does that :/. Not even talking about the over the top acting every times she talk.
I hope that at least she isn't going to have a romance with the mc. That would be the killing blow for me >_<".

Anyway, nice story in this episode. So that's why they were so adamant to have him transfering school and helping them at the council. If they can lose the sister somewhere in an isolated mountain, I'll be quite happy.
My thoughts exactly. I've never quite seen the appeal in characters like her. People think that they are "so kawaiiiiiiiiii moe 8/3 hnnng", whereas I find them to be extremely annoying. So yeah, Tomori should take her on a trip to a faraway place and then turn invisible and run away and never return. That'll be good.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 17:18   Link #266
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
My thoughts exactly. I've never quite seen the appeal in characters like her. People think that they are "so kawaiiiiiiiiii moe 8/3 hnnng", whereas I find them to be extremely annoying. So yeah, Tomori should take her on a trip to a faraway place and then turn invisible and run away and never return. That'll be good.
So you want to do something bad to an innocent child character just because you find their way of speaking and behaviour annoying even though the said character never offend anybody? Jeez, I hope you don’t apply that kind of attitude in real life (or worse, to your own children or nieces or nephews).
Old 2015-07-14, 18:21   Link #267
Yamada II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So you want to do something bad to an innocent child character just because you find their way of speaking and behaviour annoying even though the said character never offend anybody? Jeez, I hope you don’t apply that kind of attitude in real life (or worse, to your own children or nieces or nephews).
Well, it's not our fault she's annoying as hell. If she weren't so annoying we wouldn't be saying such stuff.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 18:29   Link #268
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
My thoughts exactly. I've never quite seen the appeal in characters like her. People think that they are "so kawaiiiiiiiiii moe 8/3 hnnng", whereas I find them to be extremely annoying.
There's a few characters like her that I found very endearing, but there's also some I found annoying. They tend to be hit-and-miss for me, and she's mostly a miss so far. She's louder than I'd like, and she also doesn't showcase much emotional range (she's very emotional, but it's almost pure cheer so far, so more variation would be nice).

However, I don't particularly care given the minimal screen-time she had in Episode 2. If that keeps up, no big deal. If she does get more focus later on, though, I really hope her character isn't static and can show different sides of herself.
Old 2015-07-14, 19:35   Link #269
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I liked episode two as well. I'm really starting to like Nao she's very different than the usual kind of girl you'd expect. The scientist thing didn't bother me I think people are over reacting and are nitpicking. The battery analogy I can get. Though people were taking it too literally. It's only meant they use the people and dispose of them after their use. Has nothing to do with AA and AAA -_-

I did find the sister a bit grating as some others have mentioned I hope she gets toned down or has some kind of adjustment later.

The pacing is much better than Angel Beats and I think a less crowded cast really helps the story. I just hope we don't have an issue of the week for too long. I want some more meat to the story.

Overall enjoyable and I loved the opening as expected of Lia, her songs are always godly!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 19:35   Link #270
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Come on now. There is no one talking like this in real life to begin with.
Old 2015-07-14, 19:47   Link #271
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post

Overall enjoyable and I loved the opening as expected of Lia, her songs are always godly!
I loved your post. You might be the first person I agreed with completely on Charlotte Episode 2, and the characters it showcased.

It's particularly nice to be in agreement with another Canadian on this show.
Old 2015-07-15, 01:21   Link #272
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Those sudden tone shifts annoyed me
Can't take it seriously
And since this power issue is well known by scientists I suppose other organizations are well aware of this as well students aren't the only ones handling this as well
Old 2015-07-15, 15:38   Link #273
chaos_animagic

ep 2... so... it's basically sorta like X-Men...

Where in the past power users were exploited and experimented on, and now someone step up and tried to save the power users before the government finds and turn them into guinea pigs again.

the government, always the bad guys
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 18:54   Link #274
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Again guys, we should not be generalizing anything. There are always "evil" scientists IRL. There were "evil scientists" in this anime. It's nothing big. I wouldn't doubt that there's "good scientists" out therem but Nao is simply being ... cautious and all.

In quotes because it's too early to judge someone as black or white until we actually get their POV.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 23:48   Link #275
chaos_animagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Again guys, we should not be generalizing anything. There are always "evil" scientists IRL. There were "evil scientists" in this anime. It's nothing big. I wouldn't doubt that there's "good scientists" out therem but Nao is simply being ... cautious and all.

In quotes because it's too early to judge someone as black or white until we actually get their POV.
mindbreaking someone doesn't count as black(evil)?.... lol
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 00:23   Link #276
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I'm suspecting little sister will awaken her powers and then go through what band brother went through, all without main character or anybody else noticing.
Old 2015-07-16, 01:33   Link #277
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
mindbreaking someone doesn't count as black(evil)?.... lol
who's to say if THEY wanted it, or that Nao's lying. I'd say to leave the matter alone until after the series ends, or if we can confirm how her story is true. Because as is, Nao's story has a lot of holes to be filled.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 02:17   Link #278
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post

they are not even monitoring their environment while trying to find someone with special powers.
and some students were taken by scientists shouldn't this a be a big case for society in general? students missing and all assuming some parents dislike their children being subject of experients and evil scientists kidnapping them if they oppose
Old 2015-07-16, 03:27   Link #279
cyth
Banned

I just love how confident people are in saying there are "evil" scientists out there, almost as if they met them. Fantasy can stem from reality, but I think something is wrong when people try to fit fantasy this boldly back to real life.

The closest people can be to having a super power in real life that I can think of is having an unusually high IQ. You can say some of these people are being experimented on, as in people test their abilities, but never to extreme points like the scientists did to Nao's bro. Society values these people, nurtures their talents and shields them. They even have their own exclusive little clubs to feel all special and stuff.

On the other hand, the U.S. does waterboarding, which is close to human experimentation. People are largely against it, repulsed by the idea that a democratic country does torture, not to mention twisting of laws et cetera. Navigating that legal framework is so messy the U.S. rather exports torturing to its more vulgar allies.

Sure, people have done and justified terrible things in the name of science and progress, such as human hormones experimentation during WW2. But usually, in saner and existentially less troubling settings, there is a world of moral and legal questions that need to be addressed first, by individuals and institutions alike. That's why I can't agree to users nonchalantly thinking being experimented on is a natural consequence of having special abilities, even in progressive countries. It's probably fair to imagine that super humans are desirable targets for exploitation, but this is all a would-be, fantasy scenario and far too vulnerable for projection to real life.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 08:58   Link #280
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
I just love how confident people are in saying there are "evil" scientists out there, almost as if they met them.
And I just love how confident some people are in getting worked up over a fictional depiction of "evil" scientists, as though scientists were inherently morally superior to the rest of us.

Would people get this worked up over politicians being portrayed like this? Or police officers? Or soldiers? Or businessmen? Or lawyers?

There's plenty of villainous and/or evil-seeming characters in fiction that fall in one or more of the above professions. So what makes scientists so special that they deserve the level of defense that you and others have brought to this thread? Honestly, it's like some of you think that scientists are just flat-out better human beings than the rest of us and are somehow incapable of evil.

No. They're just humans just like the rest of us. They're no less capable of making moral compromises than the rest of us are.

As for your "world of moral and legal questions", what do you think of warrantless wiretapping? What do you think of the USA PATRIOT Act? There's a lot of "moral and legal questions" that get broken or ignored or "reinterpreted" when "national security" is involved. If America does this, then why can't Japan?

Nao's brother was harshly experimented on because they saw potential national security benefits to learning more about his powers and tapping into them to do things like signal jamming. However morally upsetting this may be, it still makes all the practical sense in the world, and it's hardly out of line with the sort of very ethically questionable things that are frequently done in the name of "national security".

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers