AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 44 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 31.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.14%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 19:53   Link #41
Calawain
Gaijin

Wow, really great episode here once again. Second week in a row we've had no major Haruhi references, and the riot over episode 16 seems to have calmed down ;x

I loved the animal scene, especially Kagami's reaction to Kona-chan's suggestion that she would be a rabbit, I think she likes the idea =) I also enjoyed when Kagami asked Kona-chan to read that light novel and sat there staring at her. I'm one of those people that can't concentrate when people are hovering over me. I'm often asked at work to come over and fix people's computers (since there is no IT there and I'm the only one who knows anything) and it irritates me when they sit there hovering over me.

The scene with Kona-chan talking to Yu-chan's classmate who assumed by her height that she was a first year made me laugh. Her emphasis on being a third year and his changing tone was great.

The secondary characters really shined in this episode. Minami was good, although yet another episode with her patting her chest due to her lack of bust was a bit much, I think she has other traits that can be used for comedy. I really don't like Kagami's classmates as much as the first years, I find their antics funnier and I enjoy their characters more (Patty especially).

Hiyori's yuri of Yu-chan and Minami was great, I laughed for a good long time there, they didn't get it at all and thought it was cute. Finally, Patty's "holy sites" of otakuness and Yuri cracked me up. Yu-chan's idea of Otome-chan as some sort of wonderful theme park was cute.

Overall 10/10 from me, and I'm looking forward to a list of cultural references once again!
Old 2007-08-06, 20:17   Link #42
Deathwing
what do i know

i liked this episode
i didn't know they had the 3 second rule in japan thought that was just an American thing
also i laughed when Minami was figuring out how she was going to hit Yutaka in dodge ball without causing major damage
and kagami's staring scene was funny as well
today's lucky channel was pretty bad though
Old 2007-08-06, 20:28   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
To answer the question AVPlaya posed about the A-Team theme thing. If you heard it (which is strange as the default battle theme's should be Tautaku M9, Sorega Ai Deshou, which sounds better in the game without lyrics Shisshou and that bleh opening theme from Second Raid, which also sounds better in the game without lyrics), it's because that's the theme used for Bonta Kun in the game. You hear it whenever he attacks (or you can select it for any unit once you've heard it once), and yeah it's a complete rip-off of the A-Team theme.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-08-06 at 20:41.
Old 2007-08-06, 20:33   Link #44
Panzer Bandit
Serfectly Pober

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
Hidden for now...

Spoiler for Spoilers galore!:
Spoiler for just in case:

I just watched Guerrand's sub, and I'm really impressed by the quality of their work considering how quick they got the sub out. Kudos to them.
Old 2007-08-06, 20:33   Link #45
krln99

I like how Patricia is more of an otaku than all of the Japanese characters except for Hiyorin and Kona.
Old 2007-08-06, 20:41   Link #46
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
I just watched Guerrand's sub, and I'm really impressed by the quality of their work considering how quick they got the sub out. Kudos to them.
Wow, a sub is already out for 18?? Damn.. I guess I have to do my ref list early this week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krln99 View Post
I like how Patricia is more of an otaku than all of the Japanese characters except for Hiyorin and Kona.
Yeah she is, and if any of you folks ever attend a Japanese school, so will all of you! It's so cool they've showed that scene... so many American anime fans goto Japan thinking everyone knows about anime and otaku things... but they don't! Most of the them will just look at you in complete and utter awe.
Old 2007-08-06, 21:01   Link #47
Meophist

Quote:
Yeah she is, and if any of you folks ever attend a Japanese school, so will all of you! It's so cool they've showed that scene... so many American anime fans goto Japan thinking everyone knows about anime and otaku things... but they don't! Most of the them will just look at you in complete and utter awe.
…*has attended a Japanese school before*

I don't think I was the biggest otaku there though…

In any case, I wonder if that'll really be awe…
Old 2007-08-06, 21:07   Link #48
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
…*has attended a Japanese school before*

I don't think I was the biggest otaku there though…

In any case, I wonder if that'll really be awe…
Not the biggest, but you're not supposed to know anything about the otaku world...

It's not really (just) we, but I'm being polite and exaggerating a bit. The Japanese won't stare.
Old 2007-08-06, 21:33   Link #49
Calawain
Gaijin

Quote:
Not the biggest, but you're not supposed to know anything about the otaku world...

It's not really (just) we, but I'm being polite and exaggerating a bit. The Japanese won't stare.
Jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ ;x

Edit: And I also like Guerrand's subs so far watching episode 17 and 18 from them. They are pretty quick on the releases for a show that is probably difficult to translate. Although I don't speak more than 50 words in Japanese so I couldn't really say for sure
Old 2007-08-06, 22:01   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

argh... downloading 17 and 18 by Guerrand just to see since everyone else seems to be AWOL (Look!!!!! Its Summer!!! <scamper>)
Old 2007-08-06, 22:23   Link #51
SatanicZero

a 10 for me...

yeah Iwasaki got more screen time in this episode....Minori Chihara....
Old 2007-08-06, 22:30   Link #52
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Eto, I don't really get it. Summer, subs slow down. I know people take trips during the summer (I *hella* do, I'm sure some have noticed O_o), but I would think summer is when subbers release full blast. With no school work to take care of, I would be able to churn out a lot more and a lot faster than usual during summer. I have a lot more time for everything, really.

So... Why does it slow down *so* much, it seems like for all groups?
Old 2007-08-06, 22:32   Link #53
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I loved the animal referances.

Simply LOVED it.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:33   Link #54
GoldAlchemist
Yamada...

Does anybody know who is that Suzune girl running in the rain?

From character designs, i'm guessing that if there exists such characters in some other works, it must be some time ago.
Old 2007-08-06, 22:41   Link #55
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldAlchemist View Post
Does anybody know who is that Suzune girl running in the rain?

From character designs, i'm guessing that if there exists such characters in some other works, it must be some time ago.
Suzume and Ichiko from Munto 2: Beyond the Walls of Time OVA.
Old 2007-08-06, 23:32   Link #56
Maveric
Aimai 3 cm

Send a message via AIM to Maveric
Now there's a switch, 18 came out before 17...

Nice to finally meet all those other girls from the opening sequence. And Akira got a cameo!

Best part of the ep tho is when Konata goes "tell her that THIRD YEAR Konata is here" :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzer Bandit View Post
Spoiler for just in case:
Actually, that's not the A-team theme, but music from the FMP soundtrack, which may or may not be based on the A-team theme. The mechs were also from FMP.
Old 2007-08-07, 00:06   Link #57
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
nice ep...
loved the animals part...
koanta should have told tsukasa to look at a mirror when she was asked waht was moe...
i may be over thinking this but could tsukasa's question be related to the upcoming start of the main round of saimoe 2007?
Old 2007-08-07, 01:19   Link #58
Luminisk

Quote:
Hidden for now...

Spoiler for Spoilers galore!:
Ugh, what possessed me to delete my first post.

Anyways, I loved Lagoon Engine by Yukiru Sugisaki.

I was sorta disappointed when I found out that author suddenly stopped working on it awhile ago, I thought it was just slow translation, but now I just noticed recently that she started releasing new chapters again; I hope it'll get translated soon so I can buy it over here.
Now if she can just start working on D.N. Angel again.

Last edited by Luminisk; 2007-08-07 at 01:31.
Old 2007-08-07, 01:29   Link #59
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Cultural References: EP18

Man, I thought I just did this yesterday.... But here goes... The fansub's out, so it's all out in the open.

Spoiler for Hidden due to fansub uncertainties:

===
That was kinda short! Not a lot of cultural ref in a show dominated by BL. I just realized that I watch a LOT of Japanese TV, even ones involving people breaking each other's noses. Still a ton of fun. I'll post my otaku ref tomorrow I think.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-08-08 at 13:01.
Old 2007-08-07, 01:51   Link #60
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
The clip with Pan-kun was awesome. (His doggie reminds me of Densuke from Dennou Coil... shameless promotion.) I can't help but think it was staged though to make him look smarter than he already is though, for example maybe he actually took a much longer time to figure out how to get through the ticket-eating machine and had to watch many people instead of just the one lady.

When I was younger, I used to be afraid those things would eat my fingers... much in the same way escalators would suck you in if you didn't step off. o_o
Closed Thread