AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Maria-sama

Notices

View Poll Results: Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 25.86%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 15.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-03, 02:50   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th - Episode 1 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Maria-sama ga Miteru 4th, Episode 1.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2009-01-03, 04:20   Link #2
Blaat

It's back! w00t!

Although I do hope that new users won't confuse this sub forum with Maria holic.
Old 2009-01-03, 04:53   Link #3
Molenir

Well, some definite changes to series in this incarnation. The OP and ED are... different. I like the new music. The OP was playful and fun, the ED was, er much more suggestive of Yuri then I'm used to seeing in this series.

Spoiler:

Definitely looking forward to the subs so I can catch what I missed. And to next week.

Just realized there are apparently supposed to be 13 episodes this time. Very happy about this!
Old 2009-01-03, 06:17   Link #4
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Wahhh~ It's back!!! I didn't watch it yet (waiting for the subs), but I did watch the opening and ending themes.

The opening was how do you say it.....not Marimite. It didn't give the same feel of the anime like the other series, but then again...maybe it's cause the same opening was used for 3 seasons..... . But yeah, watching the opening, especially the random time warping scenes gave off the impression that Marimite is "just another" school girl anime.

The ending was, how do you say it..... just full of

Gahhh I've always loved the ending pictures as they were beautifully done (the yuri was just a very nice bonus), but this...this ending just blew my mind. The pictures were amazing and just beautiful. Although Marimite was always known for it's high yuri subtext, and even though the endings just kept on becoming more suggestive, I'd have to say that this ending even made me go (in a positive sense of course.) Blahhh I just can't help but go gaga over the Shimako/Noriko one. Just looking at it makes my heart turn to mush.

Musically, there wasn't anything that stood out to me. They were nice songs, but nothing very special. However, I'll probably end up liking them by the end of the season as what usually happens with songs I don't initially like.

Anyway looking forward to the subs and horray for the revival of Marimite!
Old 2009-01-03, 07:44   Link #5
SidVicious
Anime addict

Finally!
Old 2009-01-03, 09:28   Link #6
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like. The story gave me some of the emotional depth and tension I haven't felt since Natsu no Sora and true tears. Ueda Kana (Yumi), Itou Miki (Sachiko), Koshimizu Ami (Kanako), and Kugimiya Rie (Touko) were all excellent.

I liked the way Ueda (?) spoke the "garden of young ladies" lines at the beginning. And of course I loved the ending illustrations,

Touko and Kanako are both flawed, but interesting. I see that Touko still has a chance to be chosen by Yumi. Yumi is wonderful.

Perhaps the look was ever so slightly different, but still good and actually them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-01-03, 10:07   Link #7
Lesca

I'd actually forgotten when the first episode was coming out >_>
Not sure what I think about the OP...it's not bad just suppose compared to the others, it's quite different, so will probably take a little bit of getting used too. The ED though was great, similar to the OVA's but with even nicer art.

Spoiler for :

A good episode for sure and for the next one...

Spoiler for :
Old 2009-01-03, 10:37   Link #8
ashe
くぽ!

gyaahh! tis back! maria-sama! still waiting for subs to be out.. Gokigenyou!
Old 2009-01-03, 11:08   Link #9
Dop
Mmmm....

Hurrah! Wonderful stuff.
Old 2009-01-03, 13:07   Link #10
lilgumba
mad scientist

So far I liked it but I can't give a full vote until I see the subs.

I have enjoyed this opening sequence because it brings out the playful side of Yumi, Yoshino, and Shimako.

I agree that Yumi's faces are still priceless but now I have to watch out for Touko's cause she had some just as funny moments.

Compared to the pacing of the novels, I think this could have been split into two episodes around the 14 min mark and fleshed it out a bit more. It felt a tad rushed. First they were discussing the play and now the next episode is the festival. They might as well have thrown in a huge montage.

The ending was following suit and getting bolder and bolder. Though it's reminding me of You're Under Arrest Full Throttle's ending more. Loved Shimako's hair in it.

Overall, I'm glad it's back. Hopefully it'll slow down with events to come.
Old 2009-01-03, 13:16   Link #11
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
havent watched it yet but god am i excited its been so long. One of my favorite all time series give me more Yumi and Touko moments this is what i have been waiting for.
Old 2009-01-03, 15:18   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Like a lot of people here, having Marimite back is quite possible the best thing i could ever ask for. Can't wait to watch the first episode later tonight.
Old 2009-01-04, 01:07   Link #13
Stahlwolf
Doujinshi Traffiker

Location: The Drought-ridden Atlanta fending off water pirates
Send a message via AIM to Stahlwolf
Ah, good~

I was afraid they were going to cram the whole Festival into one episode.
I wasn't going to vote at first as with lilgumba, but the story does follow along with the novels so there's some interpretation for those who have read the translations. Most parts have been cut; others shortened. But the anime does well with Touko and her emotions. She may even steal the show.
BTW- The opening was GREAT! It was fun to see the world of Marimite veer off into a different gendre.
Just can't wait for next week to see Youko and Sei do the choco dance.

-Jya
Old 2009-01-04, 04:16   Link #14
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Subs are out, AT-X raws suck ass though.

9/10 episode. Interesting buildup of drama coupled with a background of the school festival.

The two seniors come back! Woohoo!

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2009-01-04, 05:00   Link #15
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Just saw the op. Whatever happened to "walking slowly is preferred"? Though it was nice to see them happy and laughing.
Old 2009-01-04, 05:04   Link #16
Zippicus

Well that made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I've been impatiently waiting for this ever since this season was announced. It was really nice seeing a side of Touko that we don't normally get to see.
Old 2009-01-04, 05:31   Link #17
Molenir

Thanks for the subs! Fun episode. Rewatching the scene between Touko-chan and Yumi with the subs, was a lot of fun. Loved Touko-chans reaction to Yumi's expression. Definitely feel sorry for Kanoko, who is obviously having trouble deciding what to do with her tickets.

Bring on episode 2!
Old 2009-01-04, 07:36   Link #18
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The OP is pretty out of place, though it's fun to watch so i'm not all that bothered. The only thing on my mind at the moment is the return of the best character ever Sei next week. She is going to rock the universe yet again with her awesomeness.

I'm all set for juicy Kanako and her "i don't like boys" development.

Just how many silly Yumi facial expressions did we see in this episode? I lost count completely.
Old 2009-01-04, 09:21   Link #19
Rukaister
Deshou?

Send a message via Yahoo to Rukaister
It's definitely worth waiting.

Well, the OP is pretty nice. It has a different feeling.. I really like Touko expression, the look when she saw Yumi blocking her. Kugumiya Rie did a great job in this episode. I think my favorite this season will be Touko <3

The ending pictures is also awesome. The best is Shimako/Noriko picture, made my heart jumpy. Touko/Yumi picture is also great. The song, it's nice.. I prefer the ED than the OP.

After seeing the first episode, it seems like they will make one volume into 2 episodes? Somehow i don't get the feeling 'it's too fast' or something like that. I have to reread the novel again >.<
Old 2009-01-04, 12:45   Link #20
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Yay. Ueda Kana returns in all her Yumi goodness. My favorite VA in her best role, coupled by one of my favorite settings and a very good supporting cast. What else could I ask for?
Closed Thread