AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Characters in Code Geass R2
Zero/Lelouch Lamperouge 664 62.64%
Suzaku Kururugi 229 21.60%
C.C. 621 58.58%
Kallen Stadtfeld 367 34.62%
Rolo Lamperouge 109 10.28%
Nunnally Lamperouge 156 14.72%
Milly Ashford 120 11.32%
Shirley Fenette 191 18.02%
Li Xingke 164 15.47%
V.V. 36 3.40%
Gino Weinberg 116 10.94%
Anya Alstreim 220 20.75%
Jeremiah Gottwald 226 21.32%
Villetta Nu 76 7.17%
Lloyd Asplund 159 15.00%
Kaguya Sumeragi 145 13.68%
Charles di Britannia 62 5.85%
Schneizel el Britannia 119 11.23%
Cornelia li Britannia 225 21.23%
Other (please list) 101 9.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1060. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-12-31, 06:05   Link #581
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

It's natural for GEASS characters to be losing ground; they can't stay there forever. Though, I still cannot believe they have SEED characters in the top 10. There are many other good shows going on. For example, I see many D. Gray Man characters, whereas not a single Soul Eater character, which I think is strange, seeing as the shows have similar premise, but Soul Eater is newer.

Other than that is seems like the vote numbers for Animage and Animedia are not very high - in the 400s for the top spots and the 100s for the top 10. They seem pretty much in the same league as the number of votes in Animesuki. Thus, I don't think they hold as much "weight" as for example the Newtype ones.

Another interesting thing is that in mixed-gender popularity polls almost all of the top 10 are guys. It seems totally contrary to the views in Animesuki, where almost all the top 10 are girls. See for yourself:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=72602

Any idea why this is the case?
Old 2008-12-31, 18:47   Link #582
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

*Sigh* Goodbye Geass characters D:. At least C.C. and Lelouch are the highest ranked male and female <3. Now the only question is which one to watch...Gundam Seed or Gundam 00. Mind you I've never watched a gundam show before =P
Shadowcatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 21:56   Link #583
Nobodyman9
Banned

^Well, I've seen Gundam Seed so I would definitely recommend it. But from what I've heard Gundam 00 isn't as good, but then again I haven't seen it so I can't really say.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 14:22   Link #584
Destiny1027
LelouchxCC is Love <3

It's no big surprise CC was ranked #1 in favorite CG girls in this poll... it's the same in the magazine. CC is simply awesome ^_^

1) Lelouch
2) C.C.
3) Suzaku
4) Other (Mao) ~~
5) Jeremiah (ORANGE-KUN!)
6) Lloyd
Destiny1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 10:43   Link #585
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
^Well, I've seen Gundam Seed so I would definitely recommend it. But from what I've heard Gundam 00 isn't as good, but then again I haven't seen it so I can't really say.
depends on the audience IMO. I prefer 00 because it's more mature than Seed, and also the way the characters are portrayed, the multiple backstabbing and most of the time, it's not as straightforward as it seems. That's why it's just a bit better than Geass R2 this season for me.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 03:58   Link #586
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
depends on the audience IMO. I prefer 00 because it's more mature than Seed, and also the way the characters are portrayed, the multiple backstabbing and most of the time, it's not as straightforward as it seems. That's why it's just a bit better than Geass R2 this season for me.
DEpends what one might consider more mature. Without doubt, many main heroes (Lockon, Allelujah) are generally older and the tone in 00 is more serious and political than in SEED. But then again the insight into the hearts of the characters seems to be better grasped in SEED to me. The drama (which, as I stated many times on this forum, I just love in anime) is more intense. Despite going well into the second season of 00, I still can't feel for the main characters as much as I did for those in SEED.

To me, SEED >> 00. Sorry.

Glad to still see Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne around. This sure mirrors the impact those two made on the audience.

My favorite characters are without doubts Lelouch and Suzaku. As for the girls, Miss Ashford, Villeta Nu and Kallen Kouzuki really appealed to me, mainly in terms of appearance C.C seems kinda... too "burnt out" to me. Her intensity and her feelings probably toned down with the many years she lived on Earth.
Old 2009-01-06, 08:14   Link #587
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
DEpends what one might consider more mature. Without doubt, many main heroes (Lockon, Allelujah) are generally older and the tone in 00 is more serious and political than in SEED. But then again the insight into the hearts of the characters seems to be better grasped in SEED to me. The drama (which, as I stated many times on this forum, I just love in anime) is more intense. Despite going well into the second season of 00, I still can't feel for the main characters as much as I did for those in SEED.

I didn't really like the main characters in SEED, I preferred the side characters like Miriallia, Yzak, Dearka. Oh, and I liked Rau, he was deliciously awesome for a villain. I'm not gonna fully describe my opinions of the mains in full, I'll just say that only Kira and Cagalli were the least bit tolerable to me.

00 is different, I like the main characters somewhat (Tieria the best because he's the most developed). There's also a good amount of likeable secondary characters.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 11:51   Link #588
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
I like 00 almost as much as Gundam Seed and better then GSD. It could match GS or even surpass it depending on how it ends. I do think there is more focus on the characters in GS, but the plot in 00 is pretty good. If you're going to watch 00 suck it up and get through the first half of season 1 (I'd say ep 15 and on is very good). Many agree that the first half isn't quite as good and is very sluggish at times. There is a lot of setting up going on and very little focus on characters. But it picks up a lot in the latter half of the series and I think season 2 has been great so far.

I'd say watch both GS and 00.

Last edited by zalem; 2009-01-06 at 12:02.
zalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 05:29   Link #589
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Another interesting thing is that in mixed-gender popularity polls almost all of the top 10 are guys. It seems totally contrary to the views in Animesuki, where almost all the top 10 are girls. See for yourself:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=72602

Any idea why this is the case?
Animage is more aimed at females than newtype, while AnimeSuki is heavily male dominated as fars as English forums go, compared to say Livejournal.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 16:56   Link #590
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Animage is more aimed at females than newtype, while AnimeSuki is heavily male dominated as fars as English forums go, compared to say Livejournal.
I thought anime in general has more male viewers than female ones, so I find it hard to believe that a character poll has a predominantly female audience.

Also, why do you assume that men have to like female characters more by default. We are talking about fictional characters here, not love interests. Usually a favorite character is someone you can identify with and admire - hence for male viewers it should be easier to identify with male characters.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a fight here - just trying to better understand the reasons the fan base likes certain characters.
Old 2009-01-08, 20:05   Link #591
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Also, why do you assume that men have to like female characters more by default. We are talking about fictional characters here, not love interests. Usually a favorite character is someone you can identify with and admire - hence for male viewers it should be easier to identify with male characters.
From what I've heard about Code Geass, a LOT of japanese girls are yaoi fan and ship yaoi pairing, so those girls vote, I think, more for male characters than female's.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:08   Link #592
yvj
U Mad?

I wonder who my favorite character is XD
Old 2009-01-08, 20:16   Link #593
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
I wonder who my favorite character is XD
C.C Like we did not know that. |D

Anyway, Narona is right. TOO MUCH Suzu/Lulu in Japan, so yeah.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-08, 20:21   Link #594
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
C.C Like we did not know that. |D

Darn you got me

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Anyway, Narona is right. TOO MUCH Suzu/Lulu in Japan, so yeah.
What Suzaku/Gino gets no love? They could have Senior student/Junior thang going on

Old 2009-01-11, 01:40   Link #595
Mit Hydeist
On Suzaku' side

My vote:

1) SUZAKU

2) Cornelia

3) Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
What Suzaku/Gino gets no love? They could have Senior student/Junior thang going on

Gino/Suzaku, in that order XD I love uke Suzaku n__n
Mit Hydeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 09:28   Link #596
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I thought anime in general has more male viewers than female ones, so I find it hard to believe that a character poll has a predominantly female audience.
It's not exactly hard when the magazine or forum's target audience is made up of females now is it? Look at livejournals macross frontier section for one example, absolutely rampant with fangirls... I'm sure it's the same for Code Geass.

Quote:
Well looking over most character polls here for series I've watched... female characters dominate... also most males in anime are in no way people you can identify with lol...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-11, 12:27   Link #597
zalem

Quote:
It's not exactly hard when the magazine or forum's target audience is made up of females now is it? Look at livejournals macross frontier section for one example, absolutely rampant with fangirls... I'm sure it's the same for Code Geass.
The LJ CG comm is definitely mostly girls. Lots of yaoi-shippers running around though there are a fair amount of CluClus there too (lots of Lulu/Rollo shippers as well, which makes me kind of ill. Not that I hate shounen ai in general, but I despise that pairing). So yeah, obviously any poll there will be predominantly female.
Old 2009-01-11, 12:29   Link #598
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
The LJ CG comm is definitely mostly girls. Lots of yaoi-shippers running around though there are a fair amount of CluClus there too (lots of Lulu/Rollo shippers as well, which makes me kind of ill. Not that I hate shounen ai in general, but I despise that pairing). So yeah, obviously any poll there will be predominantly female.
Yeah being a part of LJ for quite some time, i can pretty much say that this is all true. But then again LJ is 1/10 of the whole fandom, so yeah.
But true, the polls are totally dominated by female viewers. xD
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-12, 06:10   Link #599
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
I see...I didn't know anything about livejournal, so pardon my surprise.

Quote:
Well looking over most character polls here for series I've watched... female characters dominate...
I'm not trying to argue that, I already discovered that on my own with that little study I posted in my last post. I'm just trying to understand the reasons, that's all.

Quote:
also most males in anime are in no way people you can identify with lol...
What do you mean by that? I've watched many shows in which I've found male characters I can easily identify with, or who possess qualities that I admire. Your statement is too general - maybe you can be more specific.
Old 2009-01-16, 10:24   Link #600
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post

Glad to still see Kira Yamato and Lacus Clyne around. This sure mirrors the impact those two made on the audience.

My favorite characters are without doubts Lelouch and Suzaku. As for the girls, Miss Ashford, Villeta Nu and Kallen Kouzuki really appealed to me, mainly in terms of appearance C.C seems kinda... too "burnt out" to me. Her intensity and her feelings probably toned down with the many years she lived on Earth.
For a person who, for my post above, gave me a cute little minus rep and called me "idiot": Please, face me on the forum instead of hiding behind the anonymous reps like a coward.

---

As for my personal ranking, it'd would be:

1) Lelouch
2) Suzaku
3) Kallen or Gino