AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-20, 10:38   Link #141
Kikuchi

Yep, that's actually how Ozma recognized him in the tapes

If I had to think of WHY they choose him, I'd say... precisely because he's not relevant, it's a safe play
And it's not like Gepelnitch and him were antagonists anymore at the end of M7. Gepelnitch acknowledged the way Anima Spiritia worked and left happy.

But seriously, we just shouldn't look that much into the scenario. It's just a pretext that they obviously didn't thought that much about :/
Old 2012-10-20, 11:16   Link #142
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Nope! He isn't mentioned and doesn't make an appearance, like AT ALL. Despite the entire cast minus some military staff being in the thing ahah.
Hm, maybe some bad blood has happened between the VA and Satelite? Strange, really.
Old 2012-10-20, 11:23   Link #143
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Hm, maybe some bad blood has happened between the VA and Satelite? Strange, really.
Well, I am not surprised really. Alto is as irrelevant as he can be when it comes to singing and

FIRE BOMBA!!!... yeah.

- Tak
Old 2012-10-20, 13:02   Link #144
Kikuchi

Quote:
It's a really strange decision, but seeing how Nakamura had a huge role in one of their latest big productions (EVOL) I really doubt it
Old 2012-10-21, 10:45   Link #145
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

I tried to tell y'all...
Old 2012-10-22, 09:43   Link #146
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Any explanation why Alto isn't present?
I hope he is dead... now the long wait for the bd has started, I hope we get the ost soon,
Old 2012-10-22, 15:43   Link #147
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
I hope he is dead... now the long wait for the bd has started, I hope we get the ost soon,
Eh, why should he be dead? This isn't even set in some firm continuity, as far as I can see.
Old 2012-10-22, 15:46   Link #148
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Eh, why should he be dead? This isn't even set in some firm continuity, as far as I can see.
We're not exactly sure where the movie continues from, right? Movies or series? We haven't gotten confirmation of this yet, have we?

So far, I am unimpressed with reviews floating around online. I doubt I'll be very happy with it unless the BD has extras. So far, the recycled footage receives the largest complaint. But, it is a good way to brush up on M7 in a movie, from what I've heard. I think I'll watch it to see if that's true. I don't feel like watching all 49 episodes again...

-_-; And yeah, I've been inactive. October grew to be a hectic month for me and school is crazy... For those who actually do miss me, gomen for vanishing.
Old 2012-10-23, 06:02   Link #149
magnuskn

Well, Sheryl is in a coma at the end of the movie, her suddenly being back on her feet and apparently with no worry where Alto is would be very, very strange. I can you can locate that special to be somewhen in the series or between the two movies.
Old 2012-10-23, 06:49   Link #150
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I bet it is in between the two movies. But that doesn't explain where Alto is. If we paid attention to the movie, he and Brera were Sheryl's bodyguards 24/7. So that still leaves us wondering why he's not with her in the movie. Odd...
Old 2012-10-23, 08:59   Link #151
Ozuma-Rii
Heya~ I am a Ranka-addict

Well, they probably wanted to exclude anything to do with the *CoughcoughcoughShippingcoughcoughCough* so that the people from the 2 camps can really enjoy it... yeah.
Just that.
Anyways, I suppose it helps.
Old 2012-10-23, 09:12   Link #152
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Why should he NOT be dead ?

well, I also wantd to rewatch 7 so this movie will have to do.
Old 2012-10-23, 14:06   Link #153
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Why should he NOT be dead ?
Because it wouldn't make any sense for him to be? Or do you have never even seen the series and the movies?
Old 2012-10-23, 15:29   Link #154
maximilianjenus
[E]

He pilots a vf, he can always get into some accident and (hopefully) die right away, I also heard he likes pineapples a lot.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:04   Link #155
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Because it wouldn't make any sense for him to be? Or do you have never even seen the series and the movies?
I think the point is not that maximilianjenus hasn't seen the series or movies but that he dislikes/hates Alto so he wants him dead, why? I don't know.

From a continuity point of view this is really weird because there aren't many options, either this takes place after the second movie and Sheryl woke up but Alto hasn't returned, or is in between the movies, but that wouldn't explain why Alto isn't there or why they are doing the "Lovely Bomber" thing again.

And it can't be in the series continuity because Michael is there and Ranka apparently still goes to her first school.

My opinion, who cares when this is happening? it's just a cheap recap movie.
Old 2012-10-23, 16:40   Link #156
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I think the point is not that maximilianjenus hasn't seen the series or movies but that he dislikes/hates Alto so he wants him dead, why? I don't know.
In that respect, he is likely an AR fan who's still pissed off. I know I am. But killing Alto is not the way to prove a ship wins, in my opinion. Rather, it'd be funny if they just call him MIA still. A journey through space all alone is just what he needs to clear his head (in the shipping atmosphere). Plus, this is about Fire Bomber and Macross 7, not about the shipping war of Frontier. Respectively, I like Basara, so that shipping matter is not on my agenda for now. I simply like the idea of a summarized M7.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:05   Link #157
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The only winner in the love wars was the Jenus family. Max scored big time.
Old 2012-10-23, 17:58   Link #158
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

I still see Basara and the whales as a perfect score.
Old 2012-10-23, 19:40   Link #159
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Basara has the biggest fangirls in the galaxy.
Old 2012-10-23, 20:49   Link #160
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Basara has the biggest fangirls in the galaxy.
LITERALLY!

- Tak
Closed Thread