Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-23, 08:22   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ sick...

well hakuoro is just like a brick wall...i think the time hes been frozen has affected his brain all too much...but has anyone else noticed that all the male chara seems to have a dead sex drive? could be that hakuoro's genes are faulty

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-23, 09:02   Link #42
cheenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside
His own fault. He could just call it plausible deniability and continue banging his great^n granddaughter and other females.

Besides, what man is THAT faithful to their main squeeze?
now that you mention it, arent the sex events in the game sort of like incest since they're all technically hakuoro's children?
Old 2006-09-23, 13:57   Link #43
Key Board
Carbon

That's some serious game spoiler which probably does not belong in this thread

but either way

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-23, 17:06   Link #44
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

By the way,I'm starting to believe that Hakuoro may die in the last episode.When Aruruu visit Hakuoro in the night Hakuoro tries to reassure her,to wich she seriously responds ; "Father will not come back".Child's worry or eerie prophecy?
Old 2006-09-23, 17:12   Link #45
Cardiac Glycoside

Key Board I sincerely doubt we will ever see Yuzuha's rape baby.
Old 2006-09-23, 17:14   Link #46
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
By the way,I'm starting to believe that Hakuoro may die in the last episode.When Aruruu visit Hakuoro in the night Hakuoro tries to reassure her,to wich she seriously responds ; "Father will not come back".Child's worry or eerie prophecy?
I think Hakuoro will survieve and come back to live his live peacefully until he went too sleep for a couple of years.

Or Dii wins and takes over the Harem And Mutsumi gets Benawi as a Present for her hard work.
Old 2006-09-23, 17:19   Link #47
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Cheenk, don't forget the spoiler tags. I don't know what exactly was said in ep25 since I don't speak Japanese but I'm not certain that particular tidbit was revealed in this episode. What I gave was a game spoiler - but even then it remains a big spoiler that may or may not be reused by the anime staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklightz
Spoiler for ending:

Quote:
Key Board I sincerely doubt we will ever see Yuzuha's rape baby.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-23, 23:40   Link #48
Cardiac Glycoside

Speaking of Aruruu. This is the third time in the series she saved Hakuoro's ass. Shouldn't she get a medal or anything?

Also, after Hakuoro became emperor neither she nor Eruruu got any special kudos or title. I think it would be fitting to say "Princess Aruruu." (Well, I think she gets "princessed" enough since she gets away with just about everything).
Old 2006-09-24, 03:19   Link #49
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Speaking of Aruruu. This is the third time in the series she saved Hakuoro's ass. Shouldn't she get a medal or anything?
I doubt the UM world is advanced enough to create notions such as decorations, orders or specific commendations. Medals and such are fairly recent (I mean, only a few centuries old) and at the level the UM world is, I don't think they'd have the idea to set up something like that. Since UM is based on the Ainu universe and that there is, to my knowledge, no such thing as medals and whatnot, I don't think we'll see them coming up anytime soon.

Moreover, Aruruu is Hakuoro's family and doesn't exactly require decorations and whatnot - mere respect from the court is more than enough. Topping the fact that she isn't part of the military and that saving her father is more like a family member's duty than a soldier's fulfillment of his oath the serve and protect the emperor, I don't think we'll see her parading in Touskuru's capital like Roman heroes and generals of old.

Quote:
Also, after Hakuoro became emperor neither she nor Eruruu got any special kudos or title. I think it would be fitting to say "Princess Aruruu." (Well, I think she gets "princessed" enough since she gets away with just about everything).
Eruruu and Aruruu were, IIRC, addressed by Benawi and Touka with the -dono (in English, it'd be "Lady" if I'm not mistaken) suffix, which shows that they're treated with high respect and are now part of the local nobility. Hakuoro has even specified in front of Urutorii (and Benawi, I think) that they were family so, even if they don't get the title of princess because there isn't any blood link between any of them (or so it seems - cf. game spoilers) they are still nobility material. However, I don't think they can, of their own volition, aim for the title of royal. I believe they'd rather choose to be ennobled rather than becoming a royal and possible successor to the throne should Hakuoro step down or die. To press the topic further, it also doesn't seem like in-character for either Eruruu or Aruruu to desire to pursue a royal career. Eruruu is way too passive for that.

No, the only viable, elegible persons for that position are either Oboro (who considers Hakuoro as a big brother of sorts and is a male - we should also consider the fact that males might take precedence over females when it comes to royal succession; but I don't think he'll want to become an ouro - he's too hotheaded and independent for that) and the current retainer, Benawi, who, of the two, shows extreme dedication to his country and people. Urutorii became leader of Onkamiyamukai after Waabe stepped down so she cannot become queen of Touskuru since she'd have another burden on her shoulders - presiding over the Onkamiyamukai's worldwide arbitration and the rebuilding of her ruined country.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2006-09-24 at 04:09.
Old 2006-09-24, 09:09   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

All this episode needed was some kick-arse 80's style music to go with the start of the battle.. i hope we'll get some in the last episode. ^__^
Old 2006-09-24, 10:42   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ kick ass 80's? got an example?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-24, 11:09   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
^ kick ass 80's? got an example?
Listening to the OST for the original Guyver OAV from 1986 is probably your best bet - i'll send you some of the tracks sometime~
Old 2006-09-24, 12:44   Link #53
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The cliffhanger with which the episode ended was a blast, and the whole music played exudes its cinema-esque mood, though I felt a bit of place for the sci-fi setting.

The ED theme video sequence does indeed hint at the two sides of Witsuarunimitea, but it is only apparent after episode 13; the scene of Yue's demise. However, the very first images of the God flashed at the very start of episode one.

Spoiler:

One more episode to finish. What would become Hakuoro, Eruruu, and Aruruu?
Old 2006-09-24, 13:18   Link #54
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I put all of this in spoiler tags because I don't know whether ep 26 will reveal the last secrets of UM. So, if you wish to avoid spoilers about Iceman's past in the lab, then flee away from this post and seek someone else's to read and reflect on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Correct.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-24, 13:24   Link #55
GundamZZ
残念美人

Spoiler:
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2006-09-24 at 14:05.
Old 2006-09-24, 13:29   Link #56
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler for questions regarding past:

One more episode to finish. What would become Hakuoro, Eruruu, and Aruruu?
Spoiler for Guido's answers:

And as for your question regarding the fate of our protagonists...
Spoiler for you have been warned:
Old 2006-09-24, 16:45   Link #57
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Even after reading all the above posts, this anime still confuses the hell outta me... I kinda get the whole "iceman" thing but I still kinda dont. Oh well its still awesome and Aruruu is awesome for once again saving Hakuoro. Interesting to see how this is gonna end
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2006-09-25, 21:56   Link #58
d1no
Dennis Lozzi

Send a message via AIM to d1no Send a message via MSN to d1no
this BEAST is probably just simply a BEAST, it did a bit of smashing, then BEASTED out this, then beasted, then made a ton of money, then BEASTED.
Old 2006-12-23, 05:34   Link #59
Myname

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
Well dang, this episode has a lot of ups and downs. I expected a few things to happen, but there are other things that was like, "hey, you're not suppose to say that!"

One thing that really drew my mind as the credits rolled was how completely botched this is compared to the game. But this isn't (and shouldn't be) a comparison between the two forms. In my objective viewpoint, the telling of this episode was superb. Click on the spoiler below to read on. = |

Spoiler for Ok:

Presentation-wise, it's good. I can't complain about the pacing of the episode. The animation was good (a couple of reused shots but whatever), the CG (god, the doors. The goddamn doors! People need to learn to do it right!) was sub-par. It's not perfect, but it's nothing I'd have to twist my stomach around to watch.

Story delivery was where this episode shined. We saw almost everybody trying to cope with the situation brought on by the previous episode, nobody was out of character, people had their "defining moments" for lack of a better word. I was thoroughly entertained, sufficiently creaped out, and empathized with the characters when the time came.

Episode 25 is botched. Totally botched, but it's a botch that works for the emphasis of on-screen drama. Though I don't like having so many new questions being brought out this close to the end of the series. And I'll admit, I had some preconceptions as to what was going to happen and was disappointed when those expectations didn't arrise (sounds like everyone else here!). But I'll be generous with 25, and we'll see how good the producers resolve things in 26.

9/10

Spoiler for dang it!:
Ok, so how did the medallion work?
Old 2006-12-23, 05:46   Link #60
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

There's a lot of thread necromancers nowadays =.=
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa