AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-03-30, 13:28   Link #161
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I don't like the phrase "guilty pleasure", but if you mean anime that are "shallow, superficial, or otherwise objectively terrible", I guess I could throw in Panty & Stockings to the list. I wouldn't recommend it to others, but I admit I love it.
Old 2014-03-30, 16:28   Link #162
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

It would have to be Haganai for me, I know it's objectively terrible, and many of the supposed friendship and loneliness themes are merely brushed off, and it's ladden with horrible jokes and fanservice (something I find difficult to stand in many other works), but still manages to keep me interested, I don't know what does that say about my tastes.
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-30, 17:20   Link #163
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
I don't like the phrase "guilty pleasure", but if you mean anime that are "shallow, superficial, or otherwise objectively terrible", I guess I could throw in Panty & Stockings to the list. I wouldn't recommend it to others, but I admit I love it.
I'm hoping I'm not rocking the boat or derailing when I say this, but I read "guilty pleasure" to be "things I wouldn't watch in front of my friends"
Old 2014-03-30, 17:39   Link #164
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahelo View Post
The entire Saki franchise. You know you can't just make a series entertaining by adding random superpowers to a gambling game I mean you have to develop the charact-- HOLY GUACAMOLE YES SAKI GO TEACH THEM A LESSON WITH RINSHAN KAIHOUS!!

Another victim has been absorbed!

Back on topic, for me guilty pleasure series simply refer to a series that is poorly done or idiotic in its premise or execution, and you know its dumb or ridiculous but still enjoy it anyway.

Others might say:

Why are you wasting your time with such idiotic dreck?!

And you (utterly at a loss for any plea whatsoever, knowing full well the series is absurd) just smile and perhaps feel a little embarrassed while nervously figeting inside and say "Well... I know it was dumb, but I kinda liked it."

I think a "guilty pleasure" series means something like that.
Old 2014-04-12, 23:05   Link #165
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Kamigami no Asobi:

Guilty pleasure of the Year.
Old 2014-04-12, 23:40   Link #166
IceHism

I don't really have a guilty pleasure as all my favorites are serious enough for me to present to other people. The only thing I would probably be ashamed to watch in front of other people in terms of anime is the moe or fan service kind but I barely if ever watch those.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 08:17   Link #167
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Nisekoi... particularly Marika the new girl from the latest ep.

Gorgeous character designs wasted on a banal premise and unnecessary "Shaft" animation.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-13, 09:02   Link #168
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I'm hoping I'm not rocking the boat or derailing when I say this, but I read "guilty pleasure" to be "things I wouldn't watch in front of my friends"
I thought it referred literally to H-titles....
Old 2014-04-16, 11:23   Link #169
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanbara View Post
I thought Highschool of the Dead was dumb, tasteless, exploitative and lots of other negative adjectives. But I couldn't ignore the fact that it's the only series I've ever seen that brings together my twin loves of anime and zombies, and I watched the whole series, despite finding it kinda lamentably moronic.
Sorry for the very belated reply, I was seeing what other people have said. As for zombies, I know of no other anime, but I highly recommend the manga I Am A Hero.

As for HOTD, for me, I didn't really like the excessive fanservice, but I really liked the characters of Kouta Hirano and Saeko Busujima. That's really what kept me watching. IDK, also, it seemed like the manga has a bit less fanservice, but it was a while since i read it.... and it was still very fanservice-y.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-20, 05:33   Link #170
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Daimidaler the Sound Robot is one of the only few series I found it to be a guilty pleasure. The production values aren't spectacular and it was full of over the top ridiculousness with over excessive fanservice, but I can't get out of my particular love for this anime. It was made to be intentionally dumb and TNK knew it which is why they put a lot of effort into while not taking the story seriously. I know it's currently airing, but from the first three episodes I have seen and will likely keep watching, it is exactly what I described along with my previous posts about the series.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-21, 11:11   Link #171
FireChick

I have a few.

Suite Precure
Sailor Moon SuperS
Digimon Xros Wars: Time Traveling Hunter Boys
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote