AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 20:37   Link #3221
protheus
short series addict

I think it's more of a suggestion as being brother, he will always have the normal siblings feelings there, somewhere within, besides the romantic ones. It is natural.
Old 2013-06-12, 20:39   Link #3222
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Okay. So, are you suggesting that his decision to sacrifice all other romantic interests and propose to Kirino despite the many hurdles and risks was motivated primarily or even secondarily by his familial love for her? Because he believes that this is what he should do as a brother for his little sister?
I don't know why you are getting so angry but yes, he wants to prove that she is the most important person in his life(familial), while simultaneously leaving no doubts in Kirino's mind that what he is about to propose(romantic) is not some joke(then eventually leads to them amicably separating), until the kiss at the end which I don't believe is ever specified as on a cheek or lips so that makes a lot of contextual difference as to what emotions are in primary at that point.
tommythecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 20:40   Link #3223
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
I think it's more of a suggestion as being brother, he will always have the normal siblings feelings there, somewhere within, besides the romantic ones. It is natural.
Sure. They will never cease being siblings just because they became lovers. Heck, they would never have become lovers except for the fact that they were siblings. The relationship they have is weird and complicated. But... I still don't quite follow the point of the observation, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommythecat View Post
I don't know why you are getting so angry but yes, he wants to prove that she is the most important person in his life(familial), while simultaneously leaving no doubts in Kirino's mind that what he is about to propose is not some joke(then eventually leads to them amicably separating), until the kiss at the end which I don't believe is ever specified as on a cheek or lips so that makes a lot of contextual difference as to what emotions are in primary at that point.
I'm not "angry", I just don't follow your logic. How can you tell the difference between "the most important person in his life (familial)" as opposed to "the most important person in his life (romantic)" or "the most important person in his life (no further qualifier)"? Why does this distinction matter?

Kirino's response to the kiss at the end indicates that it is not the sort of kiss that it's okay for siblings to have.
Old 2013-06-12, 20:45   Link #3224
Sakuratsuki

Kyousuke his feelings are pretty clear. He really fell in love with his sister.

And there is one thing who was responsible for this. And that is life counseling. This is the trigger for them getting closer trough the story.
(
EDIT: watching episode 6 of oreimo season 1. There is 1 thing that got my attention here. The way kyouske answered to kohei his (question about manami):
Kohei said: you dont want to date her because you dont see her that way? but if she got a boyfriend would you agree with it. Kyousuke: no she cant have a boyfriend.

The funny thing is: in the second season kyousuke his feelings were totaly different. He didnt want that his sister gets a boyfriend, this time.

makes you think about how his feelings changed.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-06-12 at 21:02.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 20:52   Link #3225
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
I'm not "angry", I just don't follow your logic. How can you tell the difference between "the most important person in his life (familial)" as opposed to "the most important person in his life (romantic)" or "the most important person in his life (no further qualifier)"? Why does this distinction matter?

Kirino's response to the kiss at the end indicates that it is not the sort of kiss that it's okay for siblings to have.
Distinction is everything, they are siblings. Kirino's original feelings stem from sibling love and after the cold war so does Kyousuke's new found fondness of his sister. Just because they begin to fall in romantic love does not change the fact that they are also siblings and still have those feelings of wanting to protect each other and make each other happy. Romantic feelings are not forever as Kyousuke proves throughout his burning of bridges and saying that he didn't really "love" Kuroneko or Ayase isn't really fair he just didn't have a sum total of romantic love for them that exceeded his familial and new found romantic feelings for Kirino.

@mayid
Yeah he clearly had a thing for Manami at some point(or at least her type of bishoujos that have glasses) he just never really pursued it for one reason or another.

Last edited by tommythecat; 2013-06-12 at 21:02.
Old 2013-06-12, 21:07   Link #3226
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Okay. So, are you suggesting that his decision to sacrifice all other romantic interests and propose to Kirino despite the many hurdles and risks was motivated primarily or even secondarily by his familial love for her?

Well, exploring what the characters do next could be interesting, depending on how it's handled. This is what I meant by side-stories; some epilogues featuring the various characters and what happened next in their lives could be neat. But, to me, anything that re-opens the question of who Kyousuke loves would be bad. That story is closed now, and in my opinion should stay closed.
Despite that Kyousuke clearly starts that he is still in love with Kuroneko confirmed it myself. So I think its not a question on who he loves rather than who he chooses at the end of the story, a new story with a shift in focus is not entirely impossible. I think of it as as one chapter of thier lives close another opens sort of possibility. I don't deny that Kyousuke has romantic feelings for Kirino but it is amplified by his familial feelings which IMO is what makes him choose her over the rest. It also leads me to believe that its possible for their relationship to become more familial than romantic.

Which again leaves as to numerous possibilities that could be further explored. I conceed that new epilougue like side stories would be more appropriate for this cast although I belief that it is possible to continue the story of Kyousuke in a sequel.

Quote:
It could be that she just reacts like a normal Tsundere does at any sign of affection but honestly only the anime later will clarify what Tsuaka intended so this is now inconclusive.
Old 2013-06-12, 21:10   Link #3227
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
It could be that she just reacts like a normal Tsundere does at any sign of affection but honestly only the anime later will clarify what Tsuaka intended so this is now inconclusive.
Assuming the anime does the final act as is, it will help determine(hopefully) the intent behind some of this ambiguous acts. Only problem is waiting that long
Old 2013-06-12, 21:24   Link #3228
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Distinction is everything, they are siblings. Kirino's original feelings stem from sibling love and after the cold war so does Kyousuke's new found fondness of his sister. Just because they begin to fall in romantic love does not change the fact that they are also siblings and still have those feelings of wanting to protect each other and make each other happy. Romantic feelings are not forever as Kyousuke proves throughout his burning of bridges and saying that he didn't really "love" Kuroneko or Ayase isn't really fair he just didn't have a sum total of romantic love for them that exceeded his familial and new found romantic feelings for Kirino
Actually at the time he rejected Kuroneko he confirmed even then he was still in love her her, he just decided to pick Kirino IMO in no small part due to his familial feelings. As compared to his romantic feelings.
Old 2013-06-12, 22:39   Link #3229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Actually at the time he rejected Kuroneko he confirmed even then he was still in love her her, he just decided to pick Kirino IMO in no small part due to his familial feelings. As compared to his romantic feelings.
This ... just a small part of why I roll my eyes and facepalm at some of the posts. At the author. Whatever.
Old 2013-06-12, 22:43   Link #3230
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
This ... just a small part of why I roll my eyes and facepalm at some of the posts. At the author. Whatever.
10 years later..... there is still 10 years later.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 22:44   Link #3231
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I guess I would still ask the same question I asked before: how are you supposed to tell the difference? He's Kirino's brother whether he wants to be or not, and the feelings you have for your romantic partner contain all the same elements as familial love at its base (since you become a new family). So what would Kyousuke have had to have done or said differently to convince you that his feelings of caring for/cherishing Kirino ("of wanting to protect each other and make each other happy") are driven by the same feelings that would potentially have led him to do the same towards any other girl in an alternate reality? It's like there's some sort of automatic "DNQ" (or "N/A") just because, taking certain actions/feelings in isolation of others, you could argue that some of those actions don't require romance, even if the others do. As such, it's a bit "guilty until proven innocent": all feelings assumed familial unless clearly stated otherwise. I don't think you can partition feelings that cleanly.
Old 2013-06-12, 22:56   Link #3232
liemtodaisu

All we can say in the end, it is left for us to imagine. What ever opinions you guys have, just keep it to yourself if there's no way to satisfy all of us. Looking for clues from the past chapters and are just wasting your time on debating at this moment.
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:04   Link #3233
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liemtodaisu View Post
What ever opinions you guys have, just keep it to yourself if there's no way to satisfy all of us.
In that case, I suspect there won't ever be anything left to discuss. Even with the Reunion short story, I highly doubt it'll do anything in the slightest to alleviate the ambiguity. We can at least try to understand where each other is coming from, even if no one will be convinced. But if you think it's a waste of your time, well...
Old 2013-06-12, 23:18   Link #3234
Fhqwgads3

Sweet mother Mary my heart hurts... I love how this story is playing out and my goddamn heart doesn't want it to end.

I'm dying here
Fhqwgads3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:35   Link #3235
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
I guess I would still ask the same question I asked before: how are you supposed to tell the difference? He's Kirino's brother whether he wants to be or not, and the feelings you have for your romantic partner contain all the same elements as familial love at its base (since you become a new family). So what would Kyousuke have had to have done or said differently to convince you that his feelings of caring for/cherishing Kirino ("of wanting to protect each other and make each other happy") are driven by the same feelings that would potentially have led him to do the same towards any other girl in an alternate reality? It's like there's some sort of automatic "DNQ" (or "N/A") just because, taking certain actions/feelings in isolation of others, you could argue that some of those actions don't require romance, even if the others do. As such, it's a bit "guilty until proven innocent": all feelings assumed familial unless clearly stated otherwise. I don't think you can partition feelings that cleanly.
A major component of Kyousuke's character independent of his newfound romantic feelings are, his sis-con which from my point of view is very very strong feelings of familial love for his sister which may broderline on romantic feelings these then attibutes to his notion of caring for/cherishing Kirino. That would be the line that was there before he "falls in love". The line is blurred which makes him choose Kirino over anyone else because at this point of time for Kyousuke who has just recently became closer to Kirino and doesn't want to lose that. As you say familial love is a component of romantic love therefore in this case that base component is stronger as compared to say any of the other girls.

I actually thats a major point of the siblings relationship to show the blurred area, within the novel, there are a lot of points in their relationship is referenced to as siblings despite dating.

Instead of alternate reality I would say its possible for the siblings to also come to love each other simply as siblings albeit with complexes further down the future.

Future novels could also be how the line could be distinguised or developed.
Old 2013-06-12, 23:42   Link #3236
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:

(And Kyousuke didn't know about Kirino's dreams/hopes when he proposed to her. He finds out after by listening to her recordings. In fact, he's worried at the time that she may reject him right then and there and he'll be left with nothing. So to assume that he knew what she wanted in advance and that's why he did it doesn't seem to be supported by the text. He risked everything to do what he wanted to do for himself.)
Sorry to dig up an old post but something was bothering me about this I thought about it for a while then it dawned on me that he actually probably had a pretty good idea that marriage was her ultimate fantasy. The final eroge she gives him(as I recall) is The Imouto Wife in volume 10. Not concrete maybe but it certainly is a pretty big hint.
Old 2013-06-12, 23:43   Link #3237
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Romantic love or familial love... What are the differences?

Since I heard the final volume of LN has released... Say, how was it turn out?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:49   Link #3238
Ricadan
Formerly Anonymous

Quote:
Sorry to dig up an old post but something was bothering me about this I thought about it for a while then it dawned on me that he actually probably had a pretty good idea that marriage was her ultimate fantasy. The final eroge she gives him(as I recall) is The Imouto Wife in volume 10. Not concrete maybe but it certainly is a pretty big hint.
In that case Kyousuke would have realized Kirino's feelings for him much earlier because of the ammount of sister eroge she gives him. But he doesn't, he only realizes his own feelings and that took 12 novels to develop. Who knows how long it would've taken him to realize her feelings?
Ricadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:54   Link #3239
liemtodaisu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
In that case Kyousuke would have realized Kirino's feelings for him much earlier because of the ammount of sister eroge she gives him. But he doesn't, he only realizes his own feelings and that took 12 novels to develop. Who knows how long it would've taken him to realize her feelings?
Boys are sometimes dense. I realised I love my girlfriend after dating her for a year .
liemtodaisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 23:55   Link #3240
tommythecat
Contrarian S-class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricadan View Post
He knows her feelings, at the very least from volume 11. After that he could reflect on just what if anything were the meaning behind the things she's done in the past.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings