AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2008-06-19, 17:13   Link #2061
Blaat

Individuality does not get you trophies, eternal disappointment is what it feels to be Portuguese.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 09:38   Link #2062
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Croatia vs Turkey tonight. My bet is on Croatia, they are simply awesome at the moment.
Old 2008-06-20, 11:07   Link #2063
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Cristiano Ronaldo is a talented footballer, there's no denying that. However, there's just something about him I can't stand, and it's not just that he's a United player (of course that factors in a lot to my baseless club bias against him), but there are other things that just can't make me like him.

OK, disregard my opinion above since it's biased anyway, let's put things into a fairer perspective. My old man's a lifelong United supporter who often teases me, and even he sensed something about Ronaldo that he can't stand at times. Like the dad trying his best to tolerate the antics of his arrogant but genius son.

Take this interview for example, right after last night's Portugal defeat to Germany:

http://www.guillembalague.com/interview_desp.php?id=10

Especially this line:
Quote:
Guillem: The little details were won by Germany. You didn’t seem concentrated enough

Ronaldo: I didn’t do anything wrong. I did what I had to do but the team made mistakes and that is why we lost
Course you didn't do anything wrong, but to go out and lash your teammates openly without sharing responsibility, I mean, what the hell?

To be fair, he's still not yet completely grown up. I guess I was just as immature when I was his age (everyone gasps at Kinny's senility). But anyway, let's just say if he matures more in the next few years, perhaps I might dislike him less, just like how I'm actually beginning to respect Van Nistelrooy, albeit begrudgingly.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 11:54   Link #2064
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

At least you did.. I still think the ManU players will curse their national team progress

Frances out, Portugal out, Poland out, England waaaaaay out.. Next is Holland XD
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 14:38   Link #2065
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Boring first half, a couple of chances on both sides and that's about it. Almost dozed off
Old 2008-06-20, 15:14   Link #2066
Blaat

The thing about C.Ronaldo every time they zoom in into his face I just want to punch it, it just bugs me. Its the same with Nani.

And his comment, awful really but as I said Portugal national team and its players have always been plagued by individuality, comment like these prove it.
Old 2008-06-20, 16:18   Link #2067
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

1-1

OMG O_O
what a match...
Old 2008-06-20, 16:19   Link #2068
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Whoever lose, thanks for the intense match!

Never count out the turks before the ref whistles.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 16:30   Link #2069
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Wow what a tragic match. Only the turks can score the equalizer in the 122nd minute, only the Turks...
Old 2008-06-20, 16:31   Link #2070
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Said it before, Czech's luck is with Turkey....Now that Portugal is gone, they are the sole receiver for that premium luck. And Rustu was great, despite being a sub, he saved a lot.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 16:33   Link #2071
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Either Croatians cant aim the goalpost, either Allah (no offense meant) is the second goalkeeper.
Old 2008-06-20, 16:48   Link #2072
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Either Croatians cant aim the goalpost, either Allah (no offense meant) is the second goalkeeper.
I think it is just the Turkish side having the better goalkeeper, and the Croatian side having the worse shooters, of the night (as a note, I am glad that Terim didn't allow Nihat to meet the Baggio fate).

Now, I wonder if Turkey will be able to successfully come behind against the Germans too (at this point, it is more like a given, that Turkey will fall behind). It would have been great if that game were to be played in Germany.
Old 2008-06-20, 16:50   Link #2073
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Turkish in my city district are celebrating their victory. Night gonna get noisy.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:03   Link #2074
Blaat

Boring match but those final three minutes... unbelievable. Equalizing in the last second of the match, it almost seems like a miracle.
Old 2008-06-20, 17:56   Link #2075
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
KINA! :O nooooo

Im with Holland

BEAT RUSSIA ! Then whoever wins Italy vs Spain (omg that will be epic!)

But still, WOW Turkey, just wow!
Old 2008-06-20, 18:53   Link #2076
desi09
Sono un cattivo perdente.

Turkey v. Croatia....wow that was one heck of a game....I have to say that Turkey's defense could of done better, but their goalkeeper...wow...kudos to Turkey and good luck (they really need it now) against Germany....O_o
desi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 19:40   Link #2077
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Today I'm glad I live outside Vienna friends told me the Turkish drive through Vienna and are constantly honking their horns.. no chance to get some sleep atm(2:40 am)

http://news.orf.at/video/iptvpopup.h...spiel_edit.wmv

http://static.orf.at/slides/wien/62/2547.html

Last edited by WONDERMIKE; 2008-06-20 at 19:52.
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-20, 20:28   Link #2078
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Today I'm glad I live outside Vienna friends told me the Turkish drive through Vienna and are constantly honking their horns.. no chance to get some sleep atm(2:40 am)
Imagine what it would be like in Turkey. I am sure thousands of people were out there with holding guns and shooting them at the air (some are that crazy, unfortunately).
Old 2008-06-21, 01:10   Link #2079
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Croatia really missed Dudu ;_;

How many easy chance did they squandered off that can totally shut off Turkey in the normal time.. >_<

Gratz for the Turkeys
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-21, 08:52   Link #2080
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Why is it I always sleep through the best matches!?

Wow, watched the highlights, before the whole 90+28 minutes was dull, but the last 2 minutes was just pure drama. Only the Turks can do it, first they score in the last minute to finish off the Swiss, then they came back 2-0 from the dead to beat the Czechs 3-2, and now this.

Credit must be given to Turkey's stand-in veteran keeper Rustu. After saving the last penalty, the first thing he did was actually go up to console the Croatian player that he saved from instead of celebrating with his teammates. Afterwards, he went to console the other Croatian players, sportsmanship befitting of a seasoned-veteran.

So it shall be Germany, 2006 World Cup 3rd place vs Turkey, 2002 World Cup 3rd place.

Hopefully tonight's match between Netherlands and Russia should be an attacking display. The Hiddink factor will weigh heavily, so the Russians might fancy a chance.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer