AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-10, 12:36   Link #981
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Is it just me or the Youkai with the long tongue is the one Rikuo killed when he was a kid to protect his friends on the bus? You know, the first time night Rikuo manifested. If that is true I suppose gramps went on a ressurecting spree, wonder if there are any side effects (maybe the ressurections aren't permament or gramps will have to stay some time in hell after all this "cleansing" nonsense ends).
Nope, doesn't look much like Gagoze... doubt Nurarihyon would resurrect a traitor in the first place.

And I don't think you can resurrect anyone just like that or the characters would do it more often. Kitsune was an exception due to her youkai type (a reincarnation youkai) AND her former body still being alive.
Also, the other characters in the Main House made it clear that he just traveled around and collected his old comrades (who left the clan for this or that reason). He didn't do anything out of the ordinary.
Old 2012-06-10, 23:35   Link #982
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I really want Gitsune to join Rikuo's harem.........cough "Hyakki".

Setsura/Tsurara, hell all the girls will be jealous of Gitsune....their #1 rival.
Old 2012-06-11, 03:01   Link #983
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I really want Gitsune to join Rikuo's harem.........cough "Hyakki".

Setsura/Tsurara, hell all the girls will be jealous of Gitsune....their #1 rival.
I'm all in, for Gitsune to join Kikuo's harem!

Milf, incest, NTR dead father FTW!
Old 2012-06-16, 16:44   Link #984
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

omfg!

Spoiler for Ryuuji:
Old 2012-06-16, 19:57   Link #985
Nvis
Where are the good animes

^
No, he became super-saiyan!
Old 2012-06-17, 03:32   Link #986
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Is it just me or the Youkai with the long tongue is the one Rikuo killed when he was a kid to protect his friends on the bus? You know, the first time night Rikuo manifested. If that is true I suppose gramps went on a ressurecting spree, wonder if there are any side effects (maybe the ressurections aren't permament or gramps will have to stay some time in hell after all this "cleansing" nonsense ends).
Nope hes different. http://www.mangapanda.com/456-28033-...chapter-1.html He had a hood not a bamboo hat or whatever it is. That guy was a small fry if i remember correctly the youkai and his followers got cleansed.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:00   Link #987
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Chapter 203 feels closer to incest... I want more Yura x Naru
Old 2012-06-20, 04:41   Link #988
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Breaking news:
Chapter 207 will be the last chapter released in WSJ and the final chapter will be released in August in Jump NEXT.
Old 2012-06-20, 04:44   Link #989
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Breaking news:
Chapter 207 will be the last chapter released in WSJ and the final chapter will be released in August in Jump NEXT.
What does WSJ stand for again and it was bi-weekly release?

Jump = weekly?
Old 2012-06-20, 04:44   Link #990
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Breaking news:
do you got a source for that?
Old 2012-06-20, 04:50   Link #991
zeromcd

Nurarihyon no Mago has been cancelled this week.

Final chapter will be published in August along with a new special project announcement.

Old 2012-06-20, 04:58   Link #992
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromcd View Post
Nurarihyon no Mago has been cancelled this week.

Final chapter will be published in August along with a new special project announcement.

Cancel as in axe or cancel and moved to another magazine?
Old 2012-06-20, 05:02   Link #993
zeromcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Cancel as in axe or cancel and moved to another magazine?
Cancel as in finished. The final chapter will be published in Jump Next!
Old 2012-06-20, 05:14   Link #994
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What the hell? That's so sudden... there's no the author can end the story in only two chapters.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:21   Link #995
zeromcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What the hell? That's so sudden... there's no the author can end the story in only two chapters.
The final chapter (published in August) will be about 50-60 pages if that makes things any better >.>
Old 2012-06-20, 05:23   Link #996
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
His battles never take too long so if he has enough pages, it will be enough. And 50-60 pages should be enough.

Of course there's quite a lot of stuff that need to be dealt with (mainly Sanmoto, Yanagida, Sanmoto's Nose and the two missing Gokadoin's) but it is possible that the mentioned "Future Project" is a sequel and that it will deal with these questions.

Rikuo's story was supposed to end in Gokadoin arc anyway: he reached the peak of his power.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:30   Link #997
OPN

I'm pretty far behind on nura but i figured it was ending soon...not this soon though anyway i don't think the next project is a sequel to the manga but infact a sequel to the anime...i mean come on jump has literally nothing to animate but remakes of old manga and anime of axed manga.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:32   Link #998
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromcd View Post
The final chapter (published in August) will be about 50-60 pages if that makes things any better >.>
I figured as much. That's still very short IMO.

Quote:
His battles never take too long so if he has enough pages, it will be enough. And 50-60 pages should be enough.

Of course there's quite a lot of stuff that need to be dealt with (mainly Sanmoto, Yanagida, Sanmoto's Nose and the two missing Gokadoin's) but it is possible that the mentioned "Future Project" is a sequel and that it will deal with these questions.

Rikuo's story was supposed to end in Gokadoin arc anyway: he reached the peak of his power.
The problem is that there are tons of enemies left to beat. The Gokadoin, Kidoumaru and the other major youkai, and of course Seimei... no way you can include all that in a single chapter. And as you said, there are quite a few plot points that will obviously be left unresolved.

The last few chapters were building up to something huge, it's very odd for the series to end so abruptly. I guess the author only got the news recently.
Old 2012-06-20, 05:59   Link #999
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPN View Post
I'm pretty far behind on nura but i figured it was ending soon...not this soon though anyway i don't think the next project is a sequel to the manga but infact a sequel to the anime...i mean come on jump has literally nothing to animate but remakes of old manga and anime of axed manga.
Animation Studio's do not like animating finished Manga too much... and the fact that the HM arc was not received too well will hardly make anyone too enthusiastic to animate it. I can hardly imagine either WSJ or Sunrise think it is a worthwhile investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
The problem is that there are tons of enemies left to beat. The Gokadoin, Kidoumaru and the other major youkai, and of course Seimei... no way you can include all that in a single chapter. And as you said, there are quite a few plot points that will obviously be left unresolved.

The last few chapters were building up to something huge, it's very odd for the series to end so abruptly. I guess the author only got the news recently.
The fact that Rikuo was uniting all clans into one military alliance made it feel like we were entering the final chapter of Rikuo's story. Later chapters just strengthened that feeling.

However the fact that there were plot points which can hardly be finished in the Gokadoin arc made me think that it will not be "THE END".

And seeing how Hiroshi's style fits best for Youkai manga, he already had an setting made and NuraMago was already a generational Manga, I think that it is possible might plan to start a new Manga with Rikuo's kid as MC and that (s)he will have to deal with what remained.

Well, future will show if this is the end or THE END. Whatever Hiroshi's new Manga will be about, I'll look forward to it. The guy has potential.

I do admit tough that I thought we would get few more chapters.
Old 2012-06-20, 06:13   Link #1000
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Breaking news:
Well this sucks, this was one of the more interesting shounen right now.

Tags
fantasy, shounen