Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-18, 06:51   Link #101
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
thanx and good luck with the grammar
By "Japanese Grammar", I am also referring to the fact that they think inside out and backwards from English speakers, from a very different frame of reference. Mind you, every language has a different structure, but within a given region they usually have some relationship to each other. The world-view of the Japanese language has much in common with other oriental languages, but very little in common with European languages. Learning Spanish was a piece of cake compared to learning Japanese.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 17:54   Link #102
rpapo

Quote:
Do you have some pictures of vol5 rpapo?
Now, yes. Discovered I'd missed one from volume 4 while I was at it.

This volume is, apparently, the Swimsuit Issue.
Old 2012-10-09, 00:53   Link #103
Crystadgon

after reading the LN and seeing some illustrations on BT.... with reading comments on this thread...
I certainly agreed on Kaga x Banri, they are suited together i root for them... I won't come to lke that Linda if she was really Banri girlfriend in high school, if it's true then either she oredy broke up with him or she doesn't really care for him... a person losing his memories are like having himself lost in the desert with nothing to see no where to move to and she just left and meet again only after he entered the college... even if Banri were to remember things again i hope he dun choose Linda over again....
I been wondering of what happens between super cute Chinami and Yanassan, reading the beginning of Vol 2 i dun think they are in great relationship as i see how Yanassan are so regretful of overwhelmingly rejecting Kaga, i might be wrong or seeing things.... may be the cute girl might come to like our MC in the near future creating even better plots to the LN as Linda vs Kaga are just vain past vs promising present... Chinami vs Kaga again over MC might come a little better for another or may be real match for love....
Crystadgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 04:55   Link #104
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystadgon View Post
after reading the LN and seeing some illustrations on BT.... with reading comments on this thread...
I certainly agreed on Kaga x Banri, they are suited together i root for them... I won't come to lke that Linda if she was really Banri girlfriend in high school, if it's true then either she oredy broke up with him or she doesn't really care for him... a person losing his memories are like having himself lost in the desert with nothing to see no where to move to and she just left and meet again only after he entered the college... even if Banri were to remember things again i hope he dun choose Linda over again....
I been wondering of what happens between super cute Chinami and Yanassan, reading the beginning of Vol 2 i dun think they are in great relationship as i see how Yanassan are so regretful of overwhelmingly rejecting Kaga, i might be wrong or seeing things.... may be the cute girl might come to like our MC in the near future creating even better plots to the LN as Linda vs Kaga are just vain past vs promising present... Chinami vs Kaga again over MC might come a little better for another or may be real match for love....
From where I see things, it appears that Banri likes all three of them for differing reasons: Kouko is dazzling yet vulnerable in a way, Linda is beautiful is another way, and yet a mystery (why isn't she saying anything?). Chinami, on the other hand, is turning out to be ...well... interesting. Linda knows full well that Banri is interested in Kouko, yet restrains any feelings of jealousy. Kouko recognizes that something is there with Linda, but has no idea what. Chinami is in her own world.

And then you have NANA-senpai. Apparently she will be more involved in the series later on. It appears there will be deliberate parallels with the shoujo manga "NANA" (I think that Linda/Nana Hayashida and NANA-senpai are room-mates, for instance.)
Old 2012-10-10, 04:47   Link #105
Crystadgon

hopefully and can read the translate soon... i'm looking for Japanese lessons but no where to be found at my place..... this LN also have quite a lot promising plot and fun thanks to the MC personalities...
Old 2012-10-10, 13:33   Link #106
blade82

the memory lost is quite original in most manga an light novel i think
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 13:39   Link #107
rpapo

Quote:
the memory lost is quite original in most manga an light novel i think
I can't recall anything else like it either. The element of Banri's Ghost appears to be simply a handy narrator, for now, but from what I understand, in volume 4 Banri will get his memories back . . . temporarily.

In addition, we have the very real issue that the old Banri and the new Banri really and truly are two different people already. How do you join the two back together without effectively killing the "new" Banri?
Old 2012-10-10, 19:43   Link #108
Crystadgon

may be the author might let the new Banri recover the old Banri's memories without disturbing the new Banri's personalities.... new Banri might overcome the differences with the help of a girl.... may be...
Old 2012-10-10, 19:59   Link #109
ghost013

Romantic status

Can I ask what the romantic status is currently in the novels?
ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 04:59   Link #110
blade82

i think Banri and Kouko are dating
Old 2012-10-11, 05:03   Link #111
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost013 View Post
Can I ask what the romantic status is currently in the novels?
Depends on where "currently" is. I am half-way through translating the second novel, and at that point Kouko is not entirely over Mitsuo yet, but is drawing steadily closer to Banri. Banri, on the other hand, though he definitely feels closest to Kouko, is also intrigued and mystified by the matter of Linda. His feelings with respect to Chinami are entirely those of a male fascinated by a pretty girl with a quirky personality. Chinami seems to think of him as just another person she is on good terms with. With regards to Linda, she still has feelings for Banri, but is concealing them for unknown reasons. From the prologue of the second book, you get the impression that she thinks Banri has some growing up to do yet.

Judging by the publisher blurbs, by the fifth book, Banri and Kouko are definitely an item, but I have no idea just how deeply they are involved. To what extent Mitsuo, Linda and Chinami are involved at that point, I have no idea . . . except that they are still in the larger story.
Old 2012-10-14, 05:10   Link #112
rpapo

FWIW, I've seen chapter 13 (v3,c1) of the manga adaptation. It combines the prologue from the LN volume 1 with the prologue from volume 2, and then continues on to the point where Mitsuo and Banri run into Kouko in the cafeteria.
Old 2012-10-14, 06:58   Link #113
kobester11

Wow, this series seems mature for an LN... and I like it...
It maybe my first time to see an LN that the setting is in college. Not like when your characters are in high school, the things they do is quite limited. In college, you can do anything! Which gives the writer more freedom...

Oh right, rpapo what's the fate for the manga series now that uprod's dead... Is VI gonna continue it?
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 12:20   Link #114
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Wow, this series seems mature for an LN... and I like it...
It maybe my first time to see an LN that the setting is in college. Not like when your characters are in high school, the things they do is quite limited. In college, you can do anything! Which gives the writer more freedom...
Well, the series is seinen, after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Oh right, rpapo what's the fate for the manga series now that uprod's dead... Is VI gonna continue it?
Village Idiot has tankobon scans of chapters 7-12 (all of manga volume 2), and the translations have been done for the first two chapters (they were done several months ago, from the magazine scans). What happens next depends on what time the cleaner, translator and typesetter have available to work on it all. If I wind up doing the rest of the translations, it may take a while, as I am not very fast as a Japanese translator (still learning), nor do I have all that much time available (i.e. job, home and other things compete for what time I have).
Old 2012-10-30, 18:35   Link #115
Shadow5YA

Wait, so if I'm understanding this properly, Banri lost his memory and his feelings for Linda along with it before the series started, while Mitsuo lost his memory and his feelings for Kouko along with it before the series started?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 18:46   Link #116
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wait, so if I'm understanding this properly, Banri lost his memory and his feelings for Linda along with it before the series started, while Mitsuo lost his memory and his feelings for Kouko along with it before the series started?
Eh? While it is true that Banri lost his memories before the series began, Mitsuo is not at all like that. He is simply fed up with Kouko. There will be more about this in chapter 9, which I am currently transcribing and translating . . . just in case nobody else (faster than me) steps up to the plate.
Old 2012-11-01, 07:41   Link #117
chancs

I don't know much abut the story for now since just started reading, but the manga shows it as supernatural genre. How is that?
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 08:07   Link #118
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
I don't know much abut the story for now since just started reading, but the manga shows it as supernatural genre. How is that?
For one and only one reason. In the manga it has already been said that Banri lost his memories shortly after his high-school graduation. The book explains that what really happened is that he almost died, and a portion of his soul left his body. That portion exists and follows Banri around everywhere he goes, observing everything but unable to actually do anything.

In a way, he's the narrator of the story.

So far in the manga, there are references to him in chapters 6, and he actually speaks in the beginning of chapter 7. In the light novels, virtually every chapter starts with a section narrated directly by him.

There are hints that something more dramatic will happen in light novel volume 4, but I don't know precisely what will happen then.
Old 2012-11-01, 08:13   Link #119
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
For one and only one reason. In the manga it has already been said that Banri lost his memories shortly after his high-school graduation. The book explains that what really happened is that he almost died, and a portion of his soul left his body. That portion exists and follows Banri around everywhere he goes, observing everything but unable to actually do anything.

In a way, he's the narrator of the story.

So far in the manga, there are references to him in chapters 6, and he actually speaks in the beginning of chapter 7. In the light novels, virtually every chapter starts with a section narrated directly by him.

There are hints that something more dramatic will happen in light novel volume 4, but I don't know precisely what will happen then.
Thanks for the heads up
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-01, 13:39   Link #120
blade82

wow i didnt know Chinami has a petite body

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen