AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 20:19   Link #6641
sky black swordman

The Baltimore Ravens have signed safety Michael Huff to a three-year contract worth, $6 million dollars.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:01   Link #6642
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Another shrewd signing by Ozzie and company.
Old 2013-03-29, 20:47   Link #6643
sky black swordman

There is some QB drama going on in Oakland, with Carson Palmer refusing to take a pay cut. Due to this the Raiders are looking at a trade with Seattle Seahawks for Matt Flynn.

And Tony Romo agrees to six-year deal worth $108 million and $55 million guaranteed!?
Old 2013-03-29, 21:18   Link #6644
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
And Tony Romo agrees to six-year deal worth $108 million and $55 million guaranteed!?
Complete waste of money - but I don't care. It's the Cowboys. If that hinders their future prospect of building up a winning team... then so be it.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 07:41   Link #6645
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

There's not exactly better QB prospects available to Dallas, why get rid of the only good QB they've had since Aikman?
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 08:09   Link #6646
sky black swordman

^ Maybe, but do you really think he was worth that kind of money ?
Old 2013-03-30, 08:57   Link #6647
GDB

Flacco: Best post-season record in the last five years, wins Super Bowl, gets 52.5m guaranteed.

Romo: Plays multiple years more than Flacco, wins one play-off game ever, gets 60m guaranteed.

Makes perfect sense. Somehow.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-31, 10:37   Link #6648
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I can't believe they gave Romo that big ass contract did Jerry Jones not see the amount of INT's he threw last season .
Old 2013-03-31, 14:06   Link #6649
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
^ Maybe, but do you really think he was worth that kind of money ?
I don't think any athlete should be paid that much money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Flacco: Best post-season record in the last five years, wins Super Bowl, gets 52.5m guaranteed.

Romo: Plays multiple years more than Flacco, wins one play-off game ever, gets 60m guaranteed.
While Romo has been w/ Dallas since 2003, he didn't really start playing till 2006, only a couple years before Flacco's debut. Not counting his pre-season appearances since those games are just glorified skirmishes that show no real expectations for the actual season...

In the meantime...still waiting for Dallas to stop being it's own worst enemy...

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2013-03-31 at 14:20.
Old 2013-03-31, 15:36   Link #6650
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
While Romo has been w/ Dallas since 2003, he didn't really start playing till 2006, only a couple years before Flacco's debut. Not counting his pre-season appearances since those games are just glorified skirmishes that show no real expectations for the actual season...
Still means take any one of Flacco's seasons, and he has as many or more post-season wins than Romo's 7 year career in total.
Old 2013-03-31, 16:13   Link #6651
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well aware of that, just correcting information

Raven's are a good team, they finally stayed healthy enough to make it to the big stage and win. Dallas needs to learn to get out of its own way first to at least make it out of the first round of the playoffs, it's not like they don't have the talent. I'm sure we all cringe at the stupid penalties our teams make...
Old 2013-04-01, 00:13   Link #6652
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
well aware of that, just correcting information

Raven's are a good team, they finally stayed healthy enough to make it to the big stage and win. Dallas needs to learn to get out of its own way first to at least make it out of the first round of the playoffs, it's not like they don't have the talent. I'm sure we all cringe at the stupid penalties our teams make...
This year's Super Bowl-winning team team was just as banged up as past ones that fell short, if not more so.

Both Ray and Suggs missed lengthy periods andd badly hobbled in the play-offs. Haloti was seriously banged up all year and missed most of the second half of the Super Bowl. Webb, easily the team's best CB, was out from mid-October. Jameel McClain, a starting ILB, went on IR in Week 15. Pernell McPhee 4 games. The offensive line was shuffled quite a bit due to injury at times.
Old 2013-04-01, 12:30   Link #6653
VTHokiePride

Not sure if anyone knows this yet, but the Raiders have traded 2 drafts picks for Matt Flynn from Seattle. A mid round selection for 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015. They're probably going to get rid of Palmer at this stage and then have a competition with Pryor and Flynn.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 13:03   Link #6654
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
This year's Super Bowl-winning team team was just as banged up as past ones that fell short, if not more so.

Both Ray and Suggs missed lengthy periods andd badly hobbled in the play-offs. Haloti was seriously banged up all year and missed most of the second half of the Super Bowl. Webb, easily the team's best CB, was out from mid-October. Jameel McClain, a starting ILB, went on IR in Week 15. Pernell McPhee 4 games. The offensive line was shuffled quite a bit due to injury at times.
That's good then, it means the other people stepped up their game
Old 2013-04-01, 16:25   Link #6655
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Not sure if anyone knows this yet, but the Raiders have traded 2 drafts picks for Matt Flynn from Seattle. A mid round selection for 2014 and a conditional pick in 2015. They're probably going to get rid of Palmer at this stage and then have a competition with Pryor and Flynn.
Just found out, to honest I expect this to happen.
Palmer was playing hard ball and not only did he not want to be in Oakland anymore, but did not to take a 3 million dollar pay cut. Now the Raiders are looking to trade him to the Arizona Cardinals for a 4 or 5 round pick this year and a conditional pick in 2014. If the trade goes through Palmer will earn $8 million in Arizona where as in Oakland he would have earn $10 million.

The team that benefited the most from the Palmer trade was the Cincinnati Bengals, Hugh Jackson(Former Raiders head coach) screwed the Raiders with the Palmer trade.
Old 2013-04-06, 07:33   Link #6656
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Just found out, to honest I expect this to happen.
Palmer was playing hard ball and not only did he not want to be in Oakland anymore, but did not to take a 3 million dollar pay cut. Now the Raiders are looking to trade him to the Arizona Cardinals for a 4 or 5 round pick this year and a conditional pick in 2014. If the trade goes through Palmer will earn $8 million in Arizona where as in Oakland he would have earn $10 million.

The team that benefited the most from the Palmer trade was the Cincinnati Bengals, Hugh Jackson(Former Raiders head coach) screwed the Raiders with the Palmer trade.
To me, Palmer is still a good QB he's just plain lazy and really showing real USC QB's truly are. Not only Arizona faithful to expect an mediocre QB starting and underrated defense to start this season.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:39   Link #6657
GDB

Ravens sign Rolando McClain to a one-year deal. I like this quote from him:

Quote:
Ray Lewis retired after winning the Super Bowl and I look to fill his slot. No one can fill his shoes, but I can fill his slot. I just want to fill out the shoes of Rolando McClain.
Also, contract is $700k with heavy incentives. Low risk, high reward. Good Ozzie move.
Old 2013-04-11, 10:55   Link #6658
VTHokiePride

Anyone have any ideas behind the move for Emmanuel Sanders? I'd say he's worth a fourth or fifth round pick. A third rounder seems a little high for a guy who can't stay on the field and played WR3 behind Antonio Brown and Mike Wallace. Not really liking the Patriots WR group. They need to bring back Brandon Lloyd.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 11:21   Link #6659
GDB

The Pats are trying to EFF the Steelers. With the Steelers having already lost Wallace, taking Sanders from them too would just leave them with a single starting WR. They kept the price just low enough that the Steelers are able to retain him, though they'll have to cut someone afterwards to sign their draft class. And if the Steelers allow it, I guess the Pats figure they can make more out of him than the Steelers did.
Old 2013-04-13, 16:17   Link #6660
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
I'm trying think as this thread which team who has won the SuperBowl and towards next season have the worse record ever ? Baltimore or New York, Green Bay isn't added on the list because they know HOW to win games being as reigning champion.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports