AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-07-03, 22:56   Link #1041
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Hitsugaya probably started so popular because despite being a kid (or however he ages) he was the only one that knew of Gin's and it kind of made him more friendly towards readers when he was one of the few Shinigamis against Rukia's execution. However, in the Arrancar arc it looks as if he lost all his experience. In the first fight he is the one who ends in the worst state. In the fight against Aizen he loses it just by exchanging two lines which made him look really weak and inexperienced in comparison to Kyoraku.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 10:34   Link #1042
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I started watching the anime before I had read any of the manga and I actually liked Hitsugaya at first.

Until Kubo and the anime started shoving him upfront constantly.

I was surprised that he managed to survive mostly unscathed in the war though. I thought for sure with his bankai gone, he'd be fucked up pretty bad.
Old 2013-07-04, 10:50   Link #1043
hamazura
whatever

That bambietta is sooo wrooong
She ask guy to have sex, show her boobs, and then sliced the guy into two parts lol
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-04, 12:19   Link #1044
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It seems to me that Hitsugaya was rewritten across the story. When he first uses his zanpakuto Kira goes insane as if he was a pro. When he faces the first arrancar, it was pointed his bankai would go down if the flowers go down, in the second battle Hitsugaya mentions his bankai is unlimited thanks to the water. However, after Aizen Hitsugaya mentions he never learned bankai well...
Old 2013-07-04, 16:18   Link #1045
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
I think the character's popularity can be largely attributed to the anime. I had a few students who were absolutely obsessed with Hitsugaya when I was over there so I asked them what the deal was. They said the voice actor who played the role was super famous and that the character was drawn "cute". That was it.

Note: For anyone interested, it's Romi Paku who also voiced Ed in FMA, Switzerland in Hetalia and Temari in Naruto
Well he does have a very interesting look. His hair is silvery and spiky, which sets him apart from the other captains. I guess people like that he’s sort of a prodigy too, extremely talented for his young age, but I find his personality so boring. The way he has to take everything so seriously, never allowing him to relax. He’s lucky enough to get fucking Matsumoto as a vice captain, and he keeps complaining!
Old 2013-07-04, 23:27   Link #1046
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Well he does have a very interesting look. His hair is silvery and spiky, which sets him apart from the other captains. I guess people like that he’s sort of a prodigy too, extremely talented for his young age, but I find his personality so boring. The way he has to take everything so seriously, never allowing him to relax. He’s lucky enough to get fucking Matsumoto as a vice captain, and he keeps complaining!
The kid is a textbook "Debbie Downer". I never really got the appeal either, to be honest.

He was interesting for a minute back in the SS arc when they dropped that prodigy line, but Gin kind of stole the spotlight on that whole plot device and Hitsugaya has done sweet f*ck all to demonstrate that he actually is some sort of prodigy since then.

Maybe this time around we'll see what all the fuss is about Yeah...
Old 2013-07-05, 11:34   Link #1047
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
and Hitsugaya has done sweet f*ck all to demonstrate that he actually is some sort of prodigy since then.

Maybe this time around we'll see what all the fuss is about Yeah...
seriously, you'd think such a prodigy would have made leaps and bounds in his skill between the SS and FKT arc, but not really. young kid goes from nothing to captain to slightly better captain
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 16:15   Link #1048
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well...he's still technically a prodigy, but in the overall character picture right now...fuck

lol
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 21:11   Link #1049
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Any idea about what happened with this?
Spoiler for size:

It seems I am the only one who liked this design (it was a refresher after so many kimonos and less probable bloodloss) considering Kubo removed it very quickly.
Old 2013-07-11, 03:38   Link #1050
itachi-san314

I miss the days when ichigo was just a substitute shinigami and rukia lived in his closet. they were simpler times, better times. pictures like the one above are the reason i dont care about the characters or the story anymore. not just because they suck for the most part, but because it all got overly complicated. wearing a black kimono is one thing, but all those weird bone designs are just silly to me. ichigo isn't a relatable protagonist anymore
Old 2013-07-11, 13:19   Link #1051
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Indeed those were simpler times, if Kubo wanted more characters he should had gone the Oda route and leave the characters when he is done developing them. Instead, he keeps the characters alive while adding in more characters while making the 'plot' more complicated than it actually is. He should stuck with the spacing of the early chapters/pre Soul Society, it was formula that worked and the whole monster of the day thing was better for the plot. I didn't like the way later arcs were handled, it showed a lack of organization on the author's part. Kubo was just making up stuff as he went along and it shows.
Old 2013-07-12, 11:53   Link #1052
itachi-san314

^exactly. and for all the 'development' that ichigo has undergone, he hasn't really learned any new techniques. it would have been better if kubo explored ichigo being a shinigami longer. he could have learned various kido and perfected his bankai, learning new techniques and versions of bankai along the way. all the while, harboring his dark hollow side. and like oda, kubo should have delved into the side characters more and let ichigo be for long periods of time. Chad, Inoue, Ishida, and pretty much every other character aside from ichigo is in need of some level of character and technique development. ichigo shouldn't have surpassed everyone so quick into the game. he should still be around weak/normal captain level. once a character hits god-level it's pretty much boring after that
Old 2013-07-12, 12:15   Link #1053
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

When the Fullbring arc started I thought Kubo would try something new and stop it with the overthetop blood loss now that Ichigo was no longer a Shinigami. However, it looks to me that the manga's popularity was decaying so Kubo had to bring back the most popular characters (Byakuya, Hitsugaya, Kenpachi, etc) and make the arc's ending incredibly rushed. It was also annoying how Rukia is becoming the series' Yamcha next to Sado since she has been beaten several times.
Old 2013-07-22, 13:39   Link #1054
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I just recently got back into Bleach myself. I dropped it 3 times myself as a anime only watcher, 1 time almost at the end of Fullbring in the manga. So far the new arc is pretty good. I'm sitting on chapter 507 atm.

Main problem with Bleach is its character cast. THERE ARE TOO DAMN MUCH!

The reason why I can't bring myself to like most of them is due to the miniscule panel time they get.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 15:51   Link #1055
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
Main problem with Bleach is its character cast. THERE ARE TOO DAMN MUCH!
Spoiler for Now this has too many characters...:

Cast is fairly normal. I'm pretty sure OP has a bigger cast than Bleach. The problem with Bleach is its in Jump. One Piece, Naruto, Bleach they're known as the big three in their prime. They also net Jump most of their income. They won't kill something off if it'll keep printing money. They need to keep pumping out stuff, because they want money.

The problem with bleach is the half-assed explanations and the fact Aizen keeps weaseling his way back into the plot. Not to mention all the crap Ichigo's friends go through without a significant sign of improvement in battle ability.

People think Kubo doesn't draw backgrounds, have you seen Hiatus x Hiatus? Last I checked the author hasn't made any significant improvements. Even from his Yu-Yu Hakusho days.
Old 2013-07-23, 22:27   Link #1056
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post

People think Kubo doesn't draw backgrounds, have you seen Hiatus x Hiatus? Last I checked the author hasn't made any significant improvements. Even from his Yu-Yu Hakusho days.
The complaint about the lack of background is that there Kubo loves doing 2 pages drawings without dialogues resulting in Bleach's slow pacing. This is where "the Heart" comes from. I only watched the YuYu's anime but while Hunter X Hunter doesn't have backgrounds or consistent illustrations, the author writes A LOT OF dialogues to make up for it. I guess this could be called "The Tongue."

The cast of characters is probably more noticeable in Bleach than in One Piece and Naruto because the secondary characters tend to overshadow the main characters. In Naruto and One Piece there is always a big focus on Naruto's teammates and Luffy's crew, respectively. In Bleach, characters like Rukia, Inoue, Sado and Ishida have often been forgotten because of Soul Society's Shinigamis.
Old 2013-07-25, 15:48   Link #1057
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
The cast of characters is probably more noticeable in Bleach than in One Piece and Naruto because the secondary characters tend to overshadow the main characters. In Naruto and One Piece there is always a big focus on Naruto's teammates and Luffy's crew, respectively. In Bleach, characters like Rukia, Inoue, Sado and Ishida have often been forgotten because of Soul Society's Shinigamis.
I've never seriously read a series in which a mangaka continues to constantly shit on everyone in the main cast in favor of its secondary cast.

That's why, I'm not really looking forward to the Final Battle, once things start. We all know Bach will probably troll everyone off the field until it's just Ichigo left.

I'm more looking forward to whatever this Separation Story might be. Hopefully we're about to get some major history.

If there's one thing that I have always loved about Bleach, despite my current like/hatred, is its flashback arcs.
Old 2013-07-26, 12:54   Link #1058
Eragon
Still Alive

There are more people in primary cast than Ichigo ?

Its not even that the secondary cast overshadows the 4-5 (supposedly)main characters. Its just a few characters. Like Kenny, Unohana (even though she didn't get that much screentime), Yamaji, Byakuya, Urahara and Yoroichi. I mean, we don't know much about 3 of these characters and still they are more interesting than Ichigo's gang (Ichigo included). Actually, scratch that. In Bleach, the less you know the better the character XD So, its better this way
Old 2013-07-26, 14:06   Link #1059
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
There are more people in primary cast than Ichigo ?

Its not even that the secondary cast overshadows the 4-5 (supposedly)main characters. Its just a few characters. Like Kenny, Unohana (even though she didn't get that much screentime), Yamaji, Byakuya, Urahara and Yoroichi. I mean, we don't know much about 3 of these characters and still they are more interesting than Ichigo's gang (Ichigo included). Actually, scratch that. In Bleach, the less you know the better the character XD So, its better this way
It is the series greatest attribute and the series greatest folly.
Old 2013-08-25, 16:44   Link #1060
itachi-san314

this is what went wrong in bleach. an explanation like this is needed to describe the main character's power...