AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-10-30, 10:45   Link #261
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Ok, stuck it up to episode 8 (the christmas episode)... and you guys were right. The series turned from being irrating as hell... to pretty heartwarming/bittersweet. Episode 8 in particular hit me a little regarding Kanau. Although not where the majority of focus is, my favorite bits are definitely scenes showing Taihei and his workplace and colleagues.
Very glad you stuck with the series. For me it was probably the biggest (pleasant) surprise of the summer season, and was sad to see many viewers tossing it out the window early on.

Heartwarming and bittersweet it certainly is, but like other well done 4koma adaptations the series always seems to have that element quietly in the background, but the type bgm is of a sort that sticks in ones mind and remains noticeable afterwards as a near permanent fixture. When little snippets of info outside of the main comedic narrative arise either in hints or when a mini story dedicated to this info pop up the impact becomes pretty strong and sometimes can make one re-evaluate elements of the story thoroughly.

Personally I love writing like that, and just as it is present in the manga it is present in the anime adaptation. In this sense especially the adaptation does a faithful and quite effective job on the whole, I felt.

Anyhoo...keep on hacking through the jungle there, and once again am glad you stuck it out.
Old 2015-11-15, 09:51   Link #262
l.kostas

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...treamed/.95405

l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy anime, ps vita