AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-07-18, 07:33   Link #41
fr33d0m
E.A. Ace

[QUOTE=Kikuchi]fr33d0m>Of course. Why are you so surprised about it?

Umm is there a arcade with that game in singapore?
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 07:34   Link #42
fr33d0m
E.A. Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi
fr33d0m>Of course. Why are you so surprised about it?
Is there a arcade with that game in Singapore?
fr33d0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 11:49   Link #43
Sides

Quote:
Empire> The PS2 version can be played by 2 humans only, due to technical restrictions (hell, the game is already damn sluggish with two players)

I think the only console version that ever supported 4 human players was Gundam vs Zeta. The Gamecube version of course (same problem for ps2 version)
Well the PS2 version did had network support IIRC,
however i never couldn't tried it out, since import online games tends not to work
outside of japan (fees and sonys network verification thing).
But i'm pretty sure it supported 4 players.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 06:06   Link #44
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides
Well the PS2 version did had network support IIRC,
however i never couldn't tried it out, since import online games tends not to work
outside of japan (fees and sonys network verification thing).
But i'm pretty sure it supported 4 players.
you mean, Gundam vs Zeta ps2 version?

and umm... what "IIRC" means? I'm not that good at english shortcuts
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 06:07   Link #45
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
you mean, Gundam vs Zeta ps2 version?

and umm... what "IIRC" means? I'm not that good at english shortcuts
If I remember correctly, IIRC stand for 'If I remember correctly'.
Sorry to be off topic.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 00:17   Link #46
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Finally got to play the story/route mode after winning a couple of versus battles.
Description of single/co-op player mode is like Route F from the U.C. "vs" series where you have to destroy 6-7 MS per round...
Played Route A with Lacus as the story leader, got to the last level and Destiny destroyed us...
Played Route B with Yzak, faced Destroy in stage 5 or 6, lost at stage 7.

My recommendation, use "power" Seed mode against computers and activate it when you fill 1 half or on a non grunt unit. Reduces 3/4 of MS with 1 melee combo is completed. If you play against the EAF, be prepared to face the Windam with the nuclear pack every or every other stage which is one really annoying MS.
Syn13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 02:59   Link #47
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn13
Finally got to play the story/route mode after winning a couple of versus battles.
Description of single/co-op player mode is like Route F from the U.C. "vs" series where you have to destroy 6-7 MS per round...
Played Route A with Lacus as the story leader, got to the last level and Destiny destroyed us...
Played Route B with Yzak, faced Destroy in stage 5 or 6, lost at stage 7.

My recommendation, use "power" Seed mode against computers and activate it when you fill 1 half or on a non grunt unit. Reduces 3/4 of MS with 1 melee combo is completed. If you play against the EAF, be prepared to face the Windam with the nuclear pack every or every other stage which is one really annoying MS.
What did u use?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 03:17   Link #48
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Gaias(co-op)
Old 2006-07-21, 06:37   Link #49
Kikuchi

fr33dom> I live in France, so i dunno about Singapore, sorry.

Sides> Although I never tried it, I'm 100% sure you're right, network mode supported 4 players battles. However I believe that the network thingy was removed from the US version, right?
What i meant is that you can't play with 4 players on the same PS2 (technical issues as I said, way too much things to handle for a poor little PS2)

Eww, i can't wait to play this new version >_>
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 06:47   Link #50
Empire
Independent MS pilot

man, I envy you all, there's no way any VS arcade make it here Y__Y What an end of nowhere here is -_-"

but, quit the OT...

so, basically I require japanesee version of Gundam VS Zeta, 2x ps2 and a network cable?
And er.. what cable? Standard RJ45? Crossed or not?
Old 2006-07-21, 10:04   Link #51
Sides

Quote:
Sides> Although I never tried it, I'm 100% sure you're right, network mode supported 4 players battles. However I believe that the network thingy was removed from the US version, right?
What i meant is that you can't play with 4 players on the same PS2 (technical issues as I said, way too much things to handle for a poor little PS2)
Yep, as usual it almost every game has it's network feature removed outside japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire
so, basically I require japanesee version of Gundam VS Zeta, 2x ps2 and a network cable?
And er.. what cable? Standard RJ45? Crossed or not?
Nope you'll need a jpn ps2 with network adapter, an standard ethernet cable
(or crossover) to connect to your router or
you can use the dial-up modem fuction of the network adapter,
a internet connection and a subscription to kddi (you can find a list of different ps2 online serivces here).
The Network mode means actually online gaming, you'll need to connect to a the kddi server.
Btw Aeug vs Titians and Gundam vs Z-gundam both have network support.
Funnily E.A./o.m.n.i vs Z.A.F.T. didn't had a network modus
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 10:23   Link #52
krazimonkey

I wish they had this game on the PC it looks great....since Gundam Online isnt going to be released in the US
krazimonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 20:46   Link #53
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Are any of the Seed or Destiny MSV in this one? I was kinda disappointed to see none of them in the first EA vs ZAFT.

I was hoping to go Gold Frame Custom or Gunbarrel Dagger on some fools. XD

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 02:10   Link #54
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevurah
Are any of the Seed or Destiny MSV in this one? I was kinda disappointed to see none of them in the first EA vs ZAFT.

I was hoping to go Gold Frame Custom or Gunbarrel Dagger on some fools. XD
I highly doubt it, if it didn't make an appearence in the anime the game is based on then it wouldn't be in it...But there's suppose to be a ton of MS after the secrets are unlocked(I heard 70) so there might be a chance.
Old 2006-07-22, 08:33   Link #55
Kikuchi

Well, OMNI vs ZAFT 1 had already around 50 MS if you consider all the variations of each suit (which were all counted as separete mobile suits), so MSV suits will probably not make it again...

I heard it's some license issue. Since these are not in the anime, Capcom/Banpresto would need to put more cash on the table to be able to put PSV suits in the game.
Old 2006-07-24, 18:21   Link #56
jonli
JONLIの憂'

50? I thought it was only 39 in the first game and 38 in the second game (including the variations such as sword strike, aile strike, etc).

My local arcade still doesnt have any new MSes unlocked....maybe they decided to leave out all the SEED MSes and combine both games on the PS2 later.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-26, 05:40   Link #57
Kikuchi

I'm pretty sure this year again, we'll get a carbon copy of the arcade version, with maybe one or two exclusives modes, but nothing near all they added in Gundam vs Zeta.

I'm seriousely beginning to think that next year, a "OMNI vs ZAFT DX" will roll out.
Old 2006-07-26, 11:04   Link #58
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli
50? I thought it was only 39 in the first game and 38 in the second game (including the variations such as sword strike, aile strike, etc).

My local arcade still doesnt have any new MSes unlocked....maybe they decided to leave out all the SEED MSes and combine both games on the PS2 later.
I've just counted it.
PS2 version has 50 mobile suits + around 6 mobile armours and other things (I count METEOR Freedom and METEOR Justice here)
12 of those suits requies unlocking.
tough really, I know only ONE guy who can use D-Equipment GINN and not suck :P
Really usable MS are around 30...

btw: I know a guy who can beat the crap out of you while piloting Moebius Zero. Really. He's invincible in this. I've tried various things on him, from my favourite Sword Impulse, entire GAT-X series, Ginns, Freedom, Providence, Abyss, Chaos, even Astray! Nothing works on him, nothing. Maybe METEOR units will work, I haven't tried those, but still... this will be quite lame :P
If EXASS makes his way into EA vs ZAFT II then I think I'll just won't play with him since I could as well self destruct myself on the beggining.

and another question:
what manouvers Strike Freedom has?
Because we've been wondering here, if they want to give him everything he possibly could do then the list is quite long... I've seen it in movies at youtube firing at multiple targets from beam rifles, lunching dragoons, heard that he can combine rifles the way Buster did, he SHOULD have shoulder cannons attack that he had in EA vs ZAFT 1, moreover he SHOULD have beam spam and hip cannons attack...
not to mention close combat attacks and specials :P
Old 2006-07-26, 17:54   Link #59
Syn13
Sui Yein Ng 13

I think really the Infinite Justice is better than the Freedom in the second one. Like I mentioned, S-Freedom has alot of ranged attack but really it's 3 combo melee attack takes off the most while it's ranged moves leaves it standing in one spot.

Is the Mobius Zero really that good?
Old 2006-07-26, 19:14   Link #60
U<3Anime
Boo!

Holy shit man, i didnt even know this game came out. I totally forgot about it until i saw this thread. Its probably because theres hasnt been any new about this game eversince it was announced. Im suprised to see that the size of Destroy remains as big as ever. I thought they were gonna downsize him. Sucks that hes only controlled by the cpu. Also, Does Destroy cause some massive slow downs? XD