AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2007-02-24, 09:45   Link #81
tatami
back in black

[QUOTE=ShurikenJ

He stated that he knew it would come to this (well depends on the translation ).[/QUOTE]

i tought that he sad "so,it came down to this afterall..."

its not planned i think...its like he felt betrayed by sasuke afterall...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 09:53   Link #82
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami View Post
i tought that he sad "so,it came down to this afterall..."

its not planned i think...its like he felt betrayed by sasuke afterall...

The one I read said "I knew it would come to this...". But it can be just a different translation.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 10:33   Link #83
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

This is going in the direction of Oro taking over Kabuto's body instead of Sasuke's. Sasuke needs to test the extent of his newfound power and let's face it:

- Naruto doesn't come close to Sasuke in Part II.
- Oro is not the big bad anymore so he could be expendable.
- Kabuto has no use anymore in Naruto (the manga).

I can see Oro taking over Kabuto's body because there is no one else. It's a way for us to see what Kabuto was capable of but at the same time; have Oro remain in the story. This manga is going in a direction that eliminates all of the other characters that we know and love.

If someone has a way to see all other characters appear in Naruto, feel free to contradict; but if you do see it a way, that means that the manga is in no way far from over as some believe. It's going to take a completely new arc not related to Akatsuki to bring in everyone else.

Sasuke will get MS, but it won't be from killing anyone. To learn how to receive the MS without killing a close friend, he's going to have to win the confidence of Kakashi again.

Last edited by tramadrama; 2007-02-24 at 11:01.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 10:48   Link #84
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I don't think Kabuto will be taken over though. I think he has a secret agenda. Characters with non see-through glasses and white hair don't usually die this easily in an anime.

Oro probably won't die. But I think Sasuke will escape even if he can't kill Oro.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 10:50   Link #85
tatami
back in black

if he wanted to take kabuto he would at that time...i dunno why but oro dont want kabuto but this time there is nobody around ...
Old 2007-02-24, 10:56   Link #86
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatami
if he wanted to take kabuto he would at that time...i dunno why but oro dont want kabuto but this time there is nobody around ...
Exactly my point. When all else fails and you're in pain; grab the closest person around. Kind of sucks when you can do a jutsu such as that and you have to grab the guy with glasses.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 11:46   Link #87
Popo-kun
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Popo-kun
omfg jawdropper for sure.
makes me feel all tingly.
Popo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 11:49   Link #88
tatami
back in black

but if kabuto is captured by orochimaru there will be a lot of unknown matter about kabuto...like his origins and intentions...he is too valuable to be sacrificed...
Old 2007-02-24, 12:07   Link #89
xyz
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post

While what you say is true and there is no direct mention of "at the same age", it is implied since Oro's sentence is in the past. "I was called a genius but I looked pathetic compared to this kid [ie when I was younger myself].
Since this isn't a direct comparison of strength but rather about how much talent they got it doesn't really matter but the translation isn't wrong.
-> "I was called a genius but I looked pathetic compared to this kid"

Actually it's not "but I looked" it's "but I look".

The verb form is 思えてくる not 思えてきた (past form), "looked" was a typo in my english translation.

Oro used the past tense for "was called a genius" because nowadays he's more easily called a crazy psychopath than a genius.

Anyways like you said this isn't a direct comparison of strength, Orochimaru sure doesn't say that he's weak compare to Sasuke, just that his supposed "geniusness" (barbarism ?) for the ninja arts is practically nothing side to Sasuke's.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:15   Link #90
tatami
back in black

is it so hard to understand that oro at sasukes age was not as powerfull as him at that time...
Old 2007-02-24, 12:18   Link #91
Deathwing
what do i know

This chapter was really good cant wait till the next one Oro vrs Sasuke
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:30   Link #92
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyz View Post
-> "I was called a genius but I looked pathetic compared to this kid"

Actually it's not "but I looked" it's "but I look".

The verb form is 思えてくる not 思えてきた (past form), "looked" was a typo in my english translation.

Oro used the past tense for "was called a genius" because nowadays he's more easily called a crazy psychopath than a genius.

Anyways like you said this isn't a direct comparison of strength, Orochimaru sure doesn't say that he's weak compare to Sasuke, just that his supposed "geniusness" (barbarism ?) for the ninja arts is practically nothing side to Sasuke's.
I would translate "この子を見てると・・天才と呼ばれていた自分が惨めに思えてくるわね..." like Hunter translated it. 天才と呼ばれていた自分 implies he's talking about his past self imo, and his past self is now looking pathetic compared to Sasuke. 思えてきた in this sentence doesn't make any grammatical sence, and couldn't be used regardless. Whatever comes after と must be in present tense.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:35   Link #93
Kage_Spyke
burakkukoohii jouyousha

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama View Post
Sasuke will get MS, but it won't be from killing anyone. To learn how to receive the MS without killing a close friend, he's going to have to win the confidence of Kakashi again.
i think sasuke and Oro have become bff's (lol) so sasuke is goingt o klll him and get the MS
Kage_Spyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:36   Link #94
kauldron26
Med Student

im kind of new to the naruto boards, but one thing ive noticed is that alot, and i mean ALOT of folks never give Naruto any recognition.... its always, Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke. When Naruto killed that Akatsuki member last week everyone was bitching, but when Sasuke kills 1000000 ninjas, it cool. Yes Naruto can be idealistic and stupid, but Sasuke is an emo kid, who also happens to be one of the greatest assholes i have ever come across in fiction. seriously what are his redeeming qualities besides bitching about itachi 24/7? I dont know... maybe its because im new and maybe its the cool thing to constantly bash Naruto and Hail Sasuke in these Naruto boards....
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 12:50   Link #95
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
I dont know... maybe its because im new and maybe its the cool thing to constantly bash Naruto and Hail Sasuke in these Naruto boards....
It's funny, when I first joined these boards I felt the exact opposite. Everyone was constantly bashing Sasuke (whom I thought was a very interesting and misunderstood character) and sticking up for Naruto. The situation has gradually reversed it seemes.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 13:15   Link #96
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Obviously this is not what Sasuke thinks. Orochimaru used to br both useful and dangerous in Sasuke eyes but he just said that Oro has nothing to teach him anymore.
Well, that is what it seems.
Quote:
This has nothing to do with Sasuke not being serious about his revenge (I mean duh!)
I think it does.

Without some highly unnatural modification (be it MS or giving his body to Oro) he cannot exceed Itachi's strength. And, I don't think he also sees himself as overpowering Itachi anytime soon. He said this himself.

So, it is possible that, he may even die before reaching Itachi, being the level he is in (or Itachi may die before he achieves the necessary power up - for instance many years later). If he would have given his body to Oro, he would have made his dream come true with very good chance. But, now, he is hanging on to an ideal that may not even happen (because of plot modifications, it will, but, I am trying to think as Sasuke).

Also, he wanted to get stronger as soon as possible for his revenge, but now he is only trying to delay it. He is not going to get a strange power up out of nowhere.

Quote:
But if taking on Orochimaru is more than he can handle then he truly has not chance against Itachi so it's a good test for him either way.
I doubt taking on a pretty sick Oro would be a good measurement stick. First of all, Oro is not going to be serious enough (to avoid killing Sasuke), so he will play around, and add to that his sickness, the increased duration of the fight will not be of help to Oro or Sasuke, in terms of measuring the abilities.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 13:16   Link #97
-HyugaNeji-

Man..Sasuke and Naruto will sooner or later be friends again and they will acknoledge each other. It's so obvious. Thats what the whole story is about.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 13:17   Link #98
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

After watching Kabuto.....he definetly knew that Sasuke was going to attack Orochimaru....especially since Kabuto must've passed him...the attack came right from where Kabuto was.

And it cant be that a jounin lvl fighter like Kabuto didnt notice. Such an attack.

This might mean that even if Sasuke loses...Kabuto will help Sasuke. And it is so lame that Sasuke attacks right now
Old 2007-02-24, 13:37   Link #99
Rezard

I don't know what will happen, but there are two possible scenarios:

- Sasuke kills Oro - this means Kishimoto will rush the manga to its end, so the anime and manga end at the same time.

- Oro+Kabuto defeat Sasuke and Kabuto puts Sasuke in hibernation - the manga will be better and it won't end stupidly early.

I am really concerned about this manga, since Kishimoto has showing us hints that he might end it quickly and senseless. These hints are:

- Naruto obtaining Kage level in a week
- Akatuski members getting killed quickly
- Sasuke attacking Oro

I hope Kishimoto doesn't screw this up.
Rezard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 13:44   Link #100
xyz
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
Whatever comes after と must be in present tense.
This is seriously HS but anyways ^^

So what about と思いした // と言いました // と書きました // と聞きました... ??

Quote:
思えてきた in this sentence doesn't make any grammatical sence, and couldn't be used regardless.
Well acording to google and his more than 1 million responses "自分が惨めに思えてきた" seems to make sence.

Quote:
I would translate "この子を見てると・・天才と呼ばれていた自分が惨めに思えてくるわね..." like Hunter translated it. 天才と呼ばれていた自分 implies he's talking about his past self imo, and his past self is now looking pathetic compared to Sasuke.
If I read 天才と呼ばれていた自分 then yes I understand Me (past self) but you can also read 天才と呼ばれていた (me is imply) 自分が惨めに思えてくるわね... (I look miserable).
I might be wrong but for me if he was talking about his past self he would have said 天才と呼ばれていた自分が惨めに思えてきた.
xyz is offline   Reply With Quote