AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2007-08-08, 09:08   Link #1
adrianmak

how to create color fading text effect by ass ???

as shown from anime keroro
adrianmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 09:16   Link #2
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to edogawaconan Send a message via Yahoo to edogawaconan
thousand lines of clip and color?

edit: or just make it in photoshop or <insert your image editor>, save to png and then overlay it
edogawaconan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 09:22   Link #3
adrianmak

thousand lines of clip and color..............line pixel by line pixel manually ?????????????
Old 2007-08-08, 09:35   Link #4
jfs
Aegisub dev

SSATool has a function to automatically generate gradients (as the effect is usually called) but it will of course still produce a mad amount of lines.
Aegisub is also planned to get it at some point.
But if you don't care for softsubbing, Photoshop, AFX or similar is the better choice IMO.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 10:24   Link #5
adrianmak

Then, If I created the text gradients effect in photoshop,
how or is it possible to use the {\move()} ass command to make the image moving from one point to another point ?
Old 2007-08-08, 10:42   Link #6
xat
*Fansubber

You... don't. Well, you can approach it a number of ways. Import into your favorite NLE and produce an overlay with the transformations, use AviSynth (does animate cover this? I've never looked into it myself), or use that new image to ass program and \move the resulting shape. I don't think you want to do that last one.
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 12:46   Link #7
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

it seems that we need an opensource implementation of afx (rather than "using" thousands of lines to create effect for adv substation alpha files, and i'm pretty sure it'll be hardsubbed anyway)

and... why do we need to do that anyway? (aesthetics?)
Old 2007-08-08, 16:55   Link #8
adrianmak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xat View Post
You... don't. Well, you can approach it a number of ways. Import into your favorite NLE and produce an overlay with the transformations, use AviSynth (does animate cover this? I've never looked into it myself), or use that new image to ass program and \move the resulting shape. I don't think you want to do that last one.
I created a png image with transpancy background and use a utility callned image2ass (a great ass util)developed by a member of this forum.
How do I use the \move comment to move ? I put \move comment on very beginning of every line but there is no effect.

here is the converted ass
http://vip.cyberec.com/~kaichung3/keroro/1.ass
Old 2007-08-08, 17:33   Link #9
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
it seems that we need an opensource implementation of afx (rather than "using" thousands of lines to create effect for adv substation alpha files, and i'm pretty sure it'll be hardsubbed anyway)

and... why do we need to do that anyway? (aesthetics?)
Or a working implementation of AS5, a more advanced version of ASS being drafted by the Aegisub and asa staffs. It has a tag that deals with such effects.
ArchMageZeratuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-08, 22:37   Link #10
Sylf
翻訳家わなびぃ
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Sylf Send a message via Yahoo to Sylf
Quote:
it seems that we need an opensource implementation of afx
I have NO idea how usable this is in fansub scene, but i've seen an app some people claim as future alternative to afx.
Sylf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 01:39   Link #11
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchMageZeratuL View Post
Or a working implementation of AS5, a more advanced version of ASS being drafted by the Aegisub and asa staffs. It has a tag that deals with such effects.
I read Asa's wiki some time ago, but how much of those drafts has even been implemented into a working renderer? TBH, it just looked like you guys were writing down your hopes and ambitions.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 01:45   Link #12
adrianmak

anybody did use Sylf mentioned app called Jahshaka ? a AFX like app but it is open source

I just tried to import a png text image and sliding horizontally on an timeframe, but unsuccessful....... Don't know how to figure out the software to work.

Last edited by adrianmak; 2007-08-09 at 02:05.
Old 2007-08-09, 03:31   Link #13
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I read Asa's wiki some time ago, but how much of those drafts has even been implemented into a working renderer? TBH, it just looked like you guys were writing down your hopes and ambitions.
Parts of the ASS3 extension have been implemented in Asa, and some tags (\fax \fay for example) are implemented both there and as patches for VSFilter. Most of the stuff listed on the AS5 page are just very very loose ideas though, and should not be taken as any serious proposals.
The real RFC for the proposed (and heavily debated) new format, which is nowhere near complete yet (much less implemented anywhere) can be found at the Aegisub SVN, if you are interested in looking at it in its incomplete state. Comments are always appreciated, but since it's at such an early stage a lot of stuff is still up in the air. Obviously it's pointless to start implementing it until the specs are actually completed (or we'd run into the same problem we already have with VSFilter where there are no real specs and everything has to be bug-for-bug compatible with VSFilter).
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 07:22   Link #14
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Most of the AS5 is surprisingly easy to implement. The specification draft includes detailed mathematic formulas on how to do it, exactly. It shouldn't be particularly difficult to do after asa has completed ASS support and the AS5 draft is done.
Old 2007-08-09, 09:32   Link #15
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Most of the AS5 is surprisingly easy to implement. The specification draft includes detailed mathematic formulas on how to do it, exactly. It shouldn't be particularly difficult to do after asa has completed ASS support and the AS5 draft is done.
How long will that take though? Will I actually be able to use the renderer in this fansubbing lifetime or another? Just curious to know whether we'll be "forced" to learn additional scripting. From my perspective, the extended ASSv4 and its tools accompanied by AFX/Combustion have pretty much everything fansubbers need, everything else are just toys for the enthusiasts. Not to mention the tools we utilize can already produce far better and complex results than the commercial DVD industry's (at the moment).
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-09, 10:12   Link #16
ArchMageZeratuL
Aegisub dev
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
How long will that take though? Will I actually be able to use the renderer in this fansubbing lifetime or another? Just curious to know whether we'll be "forced" to learn additional scripting. From my perspective, the extended ASSv4 and its tools accompanied by AFX/Combustion have pretty much everything fansubbers need, everything else are just toys for the enthusiasts. Not to mention the tools we utilize can already produce far better and complex results than the commercial DVD industry's (at the moment).
That's mostly up to how long equinox will take to implement it. AS5 is 80% or so backwards-compatible with ASS - it was consciously designed to be as easy to pick up as possible. As for the new tags, they were created from the need for their existence - they are not just nifty effects that nobody will want to use. They are there to make your life easier.

Needless to say, the use of AFX is not an option if you're aiming for softsubs, as more and more people are nowadays. Plus AFX ends up being more work than doing it all in ASS - if only it could do some of the things that are currently quite difficult.
Old 2007-08-09, 10:20   Link #17
edogawaconan
Hi
*Fansubber

Quote:
Needless to say, the use of AFX is not an option if you're aiming for softsubs, as more and more people are nowadays. Plus AFX ends up being more work than doing it all in ASS - if only it could do some of the things that are currently quite difficult.
Don't forget about the actual price of AFX (if anyone care, that is)
Old 2007-08-10, 11:52   Link #18
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Don't forget about the actual price of AFX (if anyone care, that is)
People still pay for Adobe's products? What a shocker.
Old 2007-08-17, 10:57   Link #19
MexFX
Waiting...
*Fansubber

Hi ...

if you want to do it via ass , I think you don't need 1000000 of \clips ><

here you are a lua script for Aegisub Auto3 ....(I'm Arabian , so I wrote the scrpit while ago with Arabic Comments )

Code:
-- Original written by Haider Ben Abu Baker

name = "gradient"
description = "Stupid gradient Effect "

configuration = {}
version, kind = 3, 'basic_ass'

include("karaskel-adv.lua") 

function do_syllable(meta, styles, config, line, syl)
         local output = {n=0} 
         local x=syl.center + line.centerleft 
         local y = 40

l = copy_line(line) 
                       l.text = string.format("{\\an8\\pos(%d,%d)\\1c&H0000FF&}%s",x,y, syl.text_stripped) 
                       l.layer = 0  -- سنجعل النسخة الحمراء في طبقة سفلية 
                       table.insert(output, l) 

--أما بقية النسخ المتدرجة في الألوان من الأحمر إلى الأصفر فستكون في طبقات أعلى 

for i = 0,14 do   

l = copy_line(line) 
                       l.text = string.format("{\\be1\\an8\\pos(%d,%d)\\1c&H%02X%02XFF&\\clip(0,0,640,%d)}%s",x,y,i*5,i*20+10,62-i ,syl.text_stripped) -- هذا السطر مشروح بالتفصيل في الأسفل 

l.layer = i   --الطبقة ستكون قيمة متغير التكرار , أي أنها ستزيد مع كل نسخة , وبهذا نحصل على ما تريد
                       table.insert(output, l) 

end

return output 

end

--[[
string.format("{\\be1\\an8\\pos(%d,%d)\\1c&H%02X%02XFF&\\clip(0,0,640,%d)}%s",x,y,i*5,i*20+10,62-i ,syl.text_stripped)

في هذا السطر نكتب الأكواد اللازمة لكل نسخة 
لاحظ أن جميعها تقع في نفس الموقع , أي كل وحده فوق الثانية 
ولكن التغيير يحدث في الألوان + مكان القطع بكود 
clip

بالنسبة للأللوان فقد إستخدمنا
%02X

أي أن هذا الرقم سيستبدل برقم سداسي عشري , وهو قيمة متغير التكرار مضروبة الرقم خمسة
أي أن كل نسخة سيكون لونها أخف من التي قبلها وبذلك نصل من اللون الأحمر إلى الأصفر

أما الكود
clip
فقد جعلنا آخر قيمة فيه متغيرة وتساوي إثنين وستين في النسخة الأولى , أي من منتصف الجملة 
ثم تقل هذه القيمة مع كل نسخة 

حيدر
]]
NOTE : the position hardcoded to be @ the top of screen .

Apply the script (not nesseary Karaoke timed ) & you'll have something like this :

Spoiler for gradient:

if you want to move it , just change the \pos tag with \move at each Copy, and follow this formula with \move & \clip

\clip(a,b,c,d)\move(e,f,e+(the desired Position for (X)),f+(the desired Position for (Y)), start time, end time)\t(start time, end time,\clip(a+(X),b+(Y),c+(X),d+(Y)))
EDIT : I didn't test this thing , but it work fine with blown effect and may work here

Last edited by MexFX; 2007-08-18 at 04:34.
MexFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-22, 05:57   Link #20
Hyrrokkin

Could you translate the comments to English for those who don't speak Arabian?
Hyrrokkin is offline   Reply With Quote