AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-11, 10:33   Link #21
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
Damn I want to see this dub by bang Zoom or IS&M studio but with Funi licensed it I know its impossible.....sad
I agree they would have been better. FUNI sucks so bad it hurts. I see them wanting FMA to be the next Yu Gi Oh. It has video games so that means let's tear it apart for the kiddies to enjoy, ohhh I hate them, but what can you do? I'll keep DLing or just import, I normaly import anyway, lol, but now for sure.

I got to ask, do you go by a different name on other boards, you remind me of someone?
Old 2004-05-11, 10:52   Link #22
Phaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Heh, I reckon it would be at least cool also if some or each of the characters in the dubbed FMA; posesses different kinds of voice acting.

Like..

Edward Elric = Standard US accent (hoarse)
Alphonse Elric = Standard US accent (childish)
Winry Rockbell = German accent
Riza Hawkeye = Some feminine James Bondish accent
Roy Mustang = British (English) accent
Lust = Russian accent (purrrr...)
Envy = Standard US accent
Greed = Australian accent
Gluttony = Someone else can suggest one for this :/
Scar = A very hoarse accent. Maybe Scottish? or Middle-eastern type of English? :P

And the list goes on..
Its Funimation after all they will get crappy actors, most from their Dbz dub.

Gluttony = The guy who did the voice for Majin Buu *cringes*
Old 2004-05-11, 11:19   Link #23
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron Bonne
I agree they would have been better. FUNI sucks so bad it hurts. I see them wanting FMA to be the next Yu Gi Oh. It has video games so that means let's tear it apart for the kiddies to enjoy, ohhh I hate them, but what can you do? I'll keep DLing or just import, I normaly import anyway, lol, but now for sure.
I'm sure you hating them has nothing to do with the fact that FMA torrents are now gone from Animesuki.

Oh and if FUNI sucks so bad, then all the fansubs of FMA out now must suck REALLY REALLY bad since at least FUNI will be translating from a proper SCRIPT and not making crappy errors every other ep (both groups are guilty of that consistantly).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaint
Its Funimation after all they will get crappy actors, most from their Dbz dub.

Gluttony = The guy who did the voice for Majin Buu *cringes*
Right, and you know this because you're the voice director of FMA in the US? No? Thought so. Time to shut up then I guess. :P
Old 2004-05-11, 11:42   Link #24
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
I'm sure you hating them has nothing to do with the fact that FMA torrents are now gone from Animesuki.

Oh and if FUNI sucks so bad, then all the fansubs of FMA out now must suck REALLY REALLY bad since at least FUNI will be translating from a proper SCRIPT and not making crappy errors every other ep (both groups are guilty of that consistantly).

Right, and you know this because you're the voice director of FMA in the US? No? Thought so. Time to shut up then I guess. :P
You're living in a dream world if you think FMA will be handled well. FUNI> will target FMA at kids. They want the games to sell, so kids are the best target. Hello, the DBZ actors are who dubs all FUNI.'s dubs, they haven't gotten much better since Z acting wize. FMA has a bad future here, I hope it bombs myself, but you never know.
Old 2004-05-11, 11:48   Link #25
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
You're living in a dream world if you think FMA will be handled well. FUNI> will target FMA at kids. They want the games to sell, so kids are the best target. Hello, the DBZ actors are who dubs all FUNI.'s dubs, they haven't gotten much better since Z acting wize. FMA has a bad future here, I hope it bombs myself, but you never know.

Errr... why would Funi give a damn how the GAMES sell? Square Enix is publishing the games and they've already sold the license for the anime to Funimation. I'm sure Square Enix will be marketing the games to the anime fans and NOT the other way round, after all the anime is a hellavu lot DVD volumes and going to run for a year on Cartoon Network while the game is......... ONE PS2 title. If you think it's the opposite YOU are the one living in a dream world. A pretty shitty one too, thank god I don't live there.

As for handling it badly, I don't really care if the dub is good or bad since I'm not a dub person. The DVDs will all also be subtitled, they're NOT changing to title of the show to "Adventures of Ed and Al" and the music isn't being replaced so I really don't see what so "bad" about the situation.

The DBZ dub comment is really really old, you must still be living in like 5 years ago. Go check out some of Funimation's NEWER stuff dumbass. Like Fruits Basket, Kiddy Grade, etc. Think before you speak, or you'll continue to be made fun of on this forum.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:14   Link #26
Tron Bonne
Rockman Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll
Errr... why would Funi give a damn how the GAMES sell? Square Enix is publishing the games and they've already sold the license for the anime to Funimation. I'm sure Square Enix will be marketing the games to the anime fans and NOT the other way round, after all the anime is a hellavu lot DVD volumes and going to run for a year on Cartoon Network while the game is......... ONE PS2 title. If you think it's the opposite YOU are the one living in a dream world. A pretty shitty one too, thank god I don't live there.

As for handling it badly, I don't really care if the dub is good or bad since I'm not a dub person. The DVDs will all also be subtitled, they're NOT changing to title of the show to "Adventures of Ed and Al" and the music isn't being replaced so I really don't see what so "bad" about the situation.

The DBZ dub comment is really really old, you must still be living in like 5 years ago. Go check out some of Funimation's NEWER stuff dumbass. Like Fruits Basket, Kiddy Grade, etc. Think before you speak, or you'll continue to be made fun of on this forum.
OH nooo, I'll be picked on. Sorry, you sound like a lil baby there. FUNI has done better then they prove they suck again with new anime, I feel FMA will be a sucky one because it's already to air on CN, which is always a bad sign for one of their anime.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:20   Link #27
kestrel

I just don't see why CN doesn't use SAP and close captioning to give the option to those of us who prefer subs. It would be trivial and would please a lot of anime fans...
Old 2004-05-11, 12:36   Link #28
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
OH nooo, I'll be picked on. Sorry, you sound like a lil baby there. FUNI has done better then they prove they suck again with new anime, I feel FMA will be a sucky one because it's already to air on CN, which is always a bad sign for one of their anime.

I think people will actually give a shit about your opinions if you actually waited for some actual facts about the release before bitching about how it WILL suck when basically you don't know jack shit. Talking out of your ass usually makes you look like one.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:37   Link #29
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Quote:
I just don't see why CN doesn't use SAP and close captioning to give the option to those of us who prefer subs.
Because CC is really, really bad. TV goes for the majority who want to watch it in english. And in turn, they subsidize my subs/JP audio and the creation of future shows. It's an arragement I and many others are perfectly happy with.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:52   Link #30
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

My worry has little to do with dubs, but rather with editing. I just wonder how much they will cut up the series to make it suitable for the 12 year old audience this company always aims for. It won't be the series we know anymore, but rather a worthless cash cow that is specially chopped, ruined, and made for preteens only.

It's been seen with this company many times before, and there is no reason that it won't happen to this series.

Companies that exist to crank out cash cows are no friend of mine.
Old 2004-05-11, 12:59   Link #31
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
I just don't see why CN doesn't use SAP and close captioning to give the option to those of us who prefer subs. It would be trivial and would please a lot of anime fans...
What is SAP? Is that where you press a button on the remote and everything you hear is in Spanish? I think that would be a good idea!
And CC is good too, if they use the Spanish thingy. ^^
Old 2004-05-11, 13:00   Link #32
microlith

Quote:
My worry has little to do with dubs, but rather with editing. I just wonder how much they will cut up the series to make it suitable for the 12 year old audience this company always aim for. It won't be the series we know anymore, but rather a worthless cash cow that is specially chopped, ruined, and mad for preteens only. It's been seen with this company many times before, and there is no reason that it won't happen to this series.
I think you mistake Funimation for 4Kids, DiC, and Nelvana. Funimation got Blue Gender (a violent, at times raunchy show) on Cartoon Network with only moderate editing for violence and sex. Trigun has aired more or less unaltered, and Bebop had more episodes shown on CN than originally aired on TV Tokyo back in 1998.

FMA is not meant for preteens. It cannot be altered to become a preteen show. Funimation knows exactly where it belongs and chances are it'll end up running around the same time as SEED on saturdays.

Funimation makes questionable decisions with ungodly long series (DBZ, Conan) but they're not outright stupid (regardless of what you think of their dub quality.)

Quote:
Companies that exist to crank out cash cows are no friend of mine.
If that's the case then Sony, Nintendo, Konami, Gainax, Sunrise, Gonzo, Geneon, Toho, Toei, JC Staff, Bones, Square Enix they're all your enemies now. They'd all love to have a cash cow, and several of them do.
Old 2004-05-11, 13:01   Link #33
usbport
Universal Serial Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf
Heh, I reckon it would be at least cool also if some or each of the characters in the dubbed FMA; posesses different kinds of voice acting.

Like..

Edward Elric = Standard US accent (hoarse)
Alphonse Elric = Standard US accent (childish)
Winry Rockbell = German accent
Riza Hawkeye = Some feminine James Bondish accent
Roy Mustang = British (English) accent
Lust = Russian accent (purrrr...)
Envy = Standard US accent
Greed = Australian accent
Gluttony = Someone else can suggest one for this :/
Scar = A very hoarse accent. Maybe Scottish? or Middle-eastern type of English? :P

And the list goes on..

Gluttony can have a French Male accent.
Old 2004-05-11, 13:06   Link #34
kisame
demon

my response to the licsensing......YOU f*#king BASTERDS.

as for the dubbin all i can say is funimation better not butcher it and if they do air it on cn it better be on adult swim. uncut, unedited without crap lines.

Last edited by kisame; 2004-05-11 at 13:56.
Old 2004-05-11, 13:07   Link #35
microlith

Quote:
my response to the lisensing......YOU f*#king BASTERDS.
I'm sure they're hurt. Just writhing in pain now, for sure.
Old 2004-05-11, 13:10   Link #36
kisame
demon

oh i have already sent in my angry mail and email to funimation.

all i can say to many a time has funimation ruined an anime.

they shouldn't be allowed to touch anime.

well maybe the manga will get liscensed by dark horse and will get put out faster then toriyama world is able to do it.
Old 2004-05-11, 13:50   Link #37
Grona
Big Damit!

its too bad toriyama started doing the manga, any other good goup would of done it so much better
Old 2004-05-11, 14:19   Link #38
illidan

Talking

Maybe you angry people should think about getting over it?

stop wasting your time posting here to say that your mad at FUNI or anything else that dubs anime. instead, you should go outside and get a life.

Anyways, there are still some subbers working on FMA, why don't you go search for them...and if you don't know how, go to hell !!!

¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_¯_ ¯_¯_¯_¯_
life is not a problem to be solved...but a reality to be experienced!
Old 2004-05-11, 15:17   Link #39
DarknessTear
Anime-Future/Static-Subs

I bet Winry will get the good old southern belle treatment.
Old 2004-05-11, 15:39   Link #40
Hakashin
Mukenin

Send a message via AIM to Hakashin Send a message via Yahoo to Hakashin
This is one I'm really pissed off about because I never got to finish downloading Full Metal Alchemist. What's worse is that Funimation got it ... I hate Funi's dubs for the most part ... they change way too much stuff ... we'll probably end up with a character named George for Ed and Al will be some weird guy that isn't a kid in an armor or something ... and they'll cut out all the gorey scenes or change the blood to pixie dust or something so little kids can watch it ... I'm really mad right now ... ARR
Closed Thread