AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-25, 10:44   Link #1061
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Paranoia?

Spoiler for Latest Yomi member to join school:
He's Friendly to everyone who doesn't want to kill people for no good reason, this is not evidence of Kenichi being a pedo and I think you are sad for having implied as such.
Baka Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 11:17   Link #1062
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
He's Friendly to everyone who doesn't want to kill people for no good reason, this is not evidence of Kenichi being a pedo and I think you are sad for having implied as such.
I am referring to Miu's jealousy fits thus paranoia whenever there is a girl too close with Kenichi.

Kenichi is doing some extra effort to befriend the latest and youngest Yomi member.

Spoiler for Spoilers Chapter 314:

Kenichi as we know doesn't fight girls.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 12:01   Link #1063
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
He wants to save people, even yomi members. His attention is completely innocent.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Baka Ronin; 2008-11-25 at 12:11. Reason: more info
Old 2008-11-25, 19:12   Link #1064
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirali View Post
The Smiling Fist doesn't strike me a killer. He was a pretty cool referee, and some bias aside, he gave Shinpaku + Kenichi a fair chance. his disciples also seem more out for attention than to kill.
But the fact that he is in Yami means that he agrees with their evil doings and what we saw at D&D was just the smiling fist having some fun.... something worse than a murderer is a murderer that doesnt even care... Killing for more attention is definitly not better than killing to conquer the world -.-
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 19:35   Link #1065
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
He wants to save people, even yomi members. His attention is completely innocent.

Spoiler:
You know what better stop being so full of yourself and twist what I am saying.

Either that or you have low reading comprehension skill.

Just because I don't put a smillie doesn't mean I don't put irony and humor to what I write.

@incube

Yeah why is Diego in Yami? Lucha Libre isn't even meant as a killing style.
Old 2008-11-25, 19:52   Link #1066
Cinocard

Yami believes the true way of martial art is the killing fist. May be killing in Lucha Libre would give him more attention and "fame"? Or he just joined to avoid powerful enemies.

Anyway, he might just walk away when the Yami collapses. In every evil organization of any shounen manga, there ought to be 1-2 ppl who joined just for fun.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 23:14   Link #1067
Isekaijin

Quote:

God, I really don't understand Miu.

Anyone would think she would start warning Kenichi about Chikage being in YOMI or something like that, out of jealousy.

But having said something like that, she really thinks nothing of him. I mean, where have I heard that quote before? Did she gave up or something?
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-25, 23:35   Link #1068
ReddyRedWolf

Well Miu understands Kenichi is a nice guy and he wouldn't fight a girl out of principle.

Miu likes Kenichi it is fact. Or else she wouldn't have been oozing with jealousy when Rachel kissed Kenichi. Even Nijima noticed that.

Kenichi is her first friend she made her age thus she is a little possesive of him. She didn't like that Kenichi paid attention to Chikage like a little sister.

That is why her woman's intuition is notched up a bit. She even felt that Shigure may have also a thing for Kenichi.

For a girl who isn't in a boyfriend-girlfriend relation yet, due to her mixed signals, she sure wants fidelity from Kenichi.
Old 2008-11-26, 00:21   Link #1069
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
But the fact that he is in Yami means that he agrees with their evil doings and what we saw at D&D was just the smiling fist having some fun.... something worse than a murderer is a murderer that doesnt even care... Killing for more attention is definitly not better than killing to conquer the world -.-
We still haven't seen Diego try to kill anyone, so I'm not sure it's fair to call him a murderer yet.

He's certainly no angel, and you raise a valid point about him not objecting to Yami's evil acts such as Fortuna's slavery or Alexanders' assassinations. But until he actively approves , I'll consider him (and his disciples) as "chaotic neutral". As we saw with the 8 fists of Ragnarok, amoral fighters will ally themselves with the strongest group, whether or not they actively approve of it's goals.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-26 at 11:06.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 01:55   Link #1070
kujoe
from head to heel

Chaotic Neutral, huh?

Maybe we should start branding the alignment of all the characters. I'd say that Kenichi is Neutral Good, whereas his masters are Chaotic Good. Poor guy.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:05   Link #1071
USCPharmacist

Really? I thought Kenichi is more like lawful good.
USCPharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:40   Link #1072
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kenichi would be lawful good, if he was an RPG character he'll definatly be a paladin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
well, that could be interpreted two ways. either shigure sees kenichi as something more than a disciple or she just doesn't want to be called "master" because it makes her seem old.
She never had any issues with her age, and everyone still see's her as a "kid". So, I highly doubt its that. Kenichi brings something to her that she's never felt before. Chances are she doesn't know herself.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:47   Link #1073
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist View Post
Really? I thought Kenichi is more like lawful good.
Like all manner of Paladins, Lawful Good is strictly defined as following the law in a manner so strict and anal that the person is taken advantage of on a regular basis. Other traits include being somewhat stuck up, inflexible, as well as having a black and white world view. That's the poor end of LG characters which Kenichi probably takes up on [save for the stuck up part]. Also called Lawful Stupid for being so predictable.

The high side of LG characters? An absolute mastery of the Art of Befriending as displayed by Takamichi Nanoha. When filled with Righteous Power against evil, they only way out is to be their friend. Otherwise, be prepared to face something with insane con and def scores as well as an obscene amount of firepower.

This also sounds like Kenichi
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 02:54   Link #1074
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

so... who else thinks Boris has a thing for our lovely, clumsy, glasses wearing sensei?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 08:16   Link #1075
Amirali
Banned

I'm wondering whether Yami is a cohesive organization. They're akin to Al-Qaeda being a mish-mash of splinter groups under a common ideology. As mentioned during the meeting, each Fist thinks his methods (and disciples) are the best. Alexander wants the school students assassinated, Fortuna had his own slavery gig going and so on. The fact that Diego's disciples didn't know of the Team boris attacks speaks volumes of their poor communication. Even tirawit seemed to be acting on his own in killing Kenichi at the Karate club.

I doubt Yami will splinter internally like Ragnarok did, but they're not all on the same page. However, they can all agree very easily on taking Kenichi out. What master wouldn't want to boast that his disciple had bested Ryozanpaku's chosen one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
so... who else thinks Boris has a thing for our lovely, clumsy, glasses wearing sensei?
*Raises hand.* She seems to reciprocate . Not romantically, but she's fond of the boy. And I lol'd at Boris finding a loophole in his orders. He was so transparent .

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-11-26 at 14:36.
Old 2008-11-26, 08:23   Link #1076
Tri-ring

Quote:

Kenichi as we know doesn't fight girls.
Spoiler for 314 dialog:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 11:00   Link #1077
Baka Ronin

Quote:
Paranoia?

Spoiler for Latest Yomi member to join school:
Quote:
You know what better stop being so full of yourself and twist what I am saying.

Either that or you have low reading comprehension skill.

Just because I don't put a smillie doesn't mean I don't put irony and humor to what I write.

Its text. There are no tone of voice or gestures to go by to determine context. If you want it to be interpreted a certain you have to give an indication as such. I am not a mind reader. We can't see "irony and humor" if you do not insert some indicator thereof.
Old 2008-11-26, 11:07   Link #1078
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Chaotic Neutral, huh?

Maybe we should start branding the alignment of all the characters. I'd say that Kenichi is Neutral Good, whereas his masters are Chaotic Good. Poor guy.
Agreed about the masters being chaotic good, but I'd brand Akisame as lawful Good .
Old 2008-11-26, 11:08   Link #1079
Ewauksonian

Shigure has always wanted to taken a more active role with training Kenichi, like someone said earlier. It's just that, Kenichi is afraid of weapons. However, I think are implications that Shigure has more than masterly feelings for Kenichi. Although all Kenichi's Masters seem to have a certain soft spot for Kenichi, her softness towards Kenichi surprised Kenichi. Like someone said earlier, she probably isn't aware of this either.

On her reliaibility, Kenichi views most of the Masters as "unreliable", or at the very least, reckless. He views all masters this way, except Akisame (who he views as harsh and efficient) and Ma (who is actually unreliable (very unreliabily, really) in the general sense but not reckless).

On Miu, it's quite obvious she has, at the very least, sisterly feelings for Kenichi, but probably more than that. Her women's intuition meant that she thought it was possible that Shigure liked Kenichi
Spoiler:

On Alignment, I would say Kenichi is definitely Good, but I would place her Neutral Good leaning towards Lawful Good. I would say Akisame is Neutral Good leaning Lawful Good as well. Both Ma Kensei and Miu are Neutral Good, while Sakaki and Apa are Chaotic Good. I have a hard time placing Shigure, but I would guess she's a Neutral leaning Good and leaning towards Neutral/Chaotic. I have no idea where to place the Elder... he's all over the place.

As for Yami, I would agree that they are much less cohesive group. I'm getting the feeling that "Killing Fist" is the only thing keeping them together, and even just barely then. They seem have different goals, methods, behaviors, and beliefs (despite being Killing Fist). They also have poor unity and communication. I suspect that some of the Masters of Yami wouldn't be completely heartbroken if the organization of Yami as a whole fails. As for specific alignments, I would say that Diego Carlos is probably Chaotic Neutral, and Alexander Gaidar is probably Chaotic Evil, leaning towards Chaotic and less towards evil (though this very much).

Last edited by Ewauksonian; 2008-11-26 at 12:02.
Ewauksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-26, 12:15   Link #1080
Baka Ronin

LOL D&D alignments. The Elder is more True Neutral. Everything he has done and said, seen from a certain point of view is very self serving. He has protected Kenichi, but who is to say that he is doing it out of altruism? Perhaps he sees Kenichi as being the next master of his particular style of martial arts and wants to make sure his teachings live on. It could be nothing more than that. When he fights, could it not be out of boredom? Some people have to take their amusement where they can get it. I agree with Kenichi being Lawful Good. Apachai and Sakaki are definitely Chaotic Good. The others are a bit harder to place though. People who walk the line between defined alignments oftens hift between them. It would be interesting to see Kenichi put on a helm of opposite alignment and act Chaotic Evil. LOL

Tags
shounen