AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-09-28, 10:19   Link #101
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
She'll be in there since Rito's still around. It wouldn't be TLR without her.

Current buzz around 2ch is that the chapter will be a whopping 62 pages Looks like I won't be getting any sleep when the spoilers drop
As much as Yui is my absolute favorite, I think it also wouldn't be TLR if Lala doesn't show up. She is Rito's love interest.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:26   Link #102
justavisitor

But if Lala shows up, I want Haruna to show up also

I guess the manga will probably say something like Lala and Haruna went for the trip together (you know, to other galaxy...) so we will have the new story XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 10:54   Link #103
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
She is Rito's love interest.
I think the proper term would be "was". Remember, this is a spin-off, not a sequel.
Yami and Momo are the apparent LIs this time around.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:00   Link #104
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
The surveys had nothing to do with To-love-ru ending, and it was ended not canceled. A canceled seires does not get brought back much less in less then a year from cancelation withas much fanfair as To-Love-Ru is. It was a comanation of leagle issues that were trying to be brought up by the Author's exwife and he wanting to be able to spend time with his child. If I remember there was talk of it being ended because of a breach of contract by the author (I'm unsure this is true since I didn't hear anymore about it) As for it not going on hiatus it may be that the exwife would have got a cut of any profits made on an existing series but not a sequal or spin-off.
I think the main reason there was no hiatus was because it was serializing in WSJ. Everything is competitive in that magazine and they can't hold a spot for someone or anything. It's live or die with something as big and popular as WSJ. Other magazines can run one shots and other stuff to fill the pages a series on hiatus would have took.
Old 2010-09-28, 11:32   Link #105
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The main reason I started to like her is her adorable friendship with Mikan (my favorite character). Plus, she's insanely cute, has cool powers and I like her violent reactions to "ecchi things" (mainly because I enjoy seeing that **** Rito getting punched). Oh and yeah, she's an Eve clone.

I love Momo as well, even if they're pretty much polar opposites. Her teasing is always so fun. She's the only (sexually) aggresive girl in TLR (besides Mikado-sensei) which automatically makes her awesome.
That's understandable. She did have some cute moments with Mikan. Outside of that though, she was just there, so to speak. It's not like I dislike her, I just feel indifferent about her. I have a feeling that she'll play a bigger role than Momo in the spinoff though, since the title is an obvious reference to her.

I'm going to love Momo's bigger role though. She's one of the better "cock tease" characters I've seen. I also like how she's unapologetic about it. Like in the preview, she cheerfully says good morning to Nana instead of trying to explain herself. She's just a really fun character. She was #3 on my character ranking, would have been #2 if she was given more screentime.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:19   Link #106
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Agreed. Speaking as a diehard Black Cat fan, Yami is the ONLY reason I find this series to be worth reading. Pretty much the entire original series consisted of "See girls get naked. See Rito freak out. See Rito get smacked for being a pervert." Rinse and repeat, over and over and over. Yeah, you had some variation and a lot of weird circumstances to mix things up a little, but at the end of the day, that was pretty much it. When Yami got involved, however, more often than not there was going to be a fight scene somewhere in the near future, which was an excellent break from the endless fanservice. The fact that she's far and away both the most badass and the cutest character in the series (Kiss my ass, Mikan!) just cements her status as the most enjoyable character in the series, and promoting her to main character status is just about the best thing Yabuki could do to this series.
Oi, oi, don't diss my Mikan!

I definitely agree about the fact Yami's presence allowed for a refreshing change of pace sometimes. The mansion/murder case arc is one of my favorite.
Old 2010-09-28, 12:21   Link #107
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Another vote for the Mikan/Yami combo ... I really liked to see their interacting
Old 2010-09-28, 12:37   Link #108
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
That's understandable. She did have some cute moments with Mikan. Outside of that though, she was just there, so to speak.
So was about half the cast. What exactly was Yui the Generic Tsundere's purpose? Or Saki, for that matter? She had a few good chapters but apart from fangirling over Zastin she had even less purpose than Yami did. Or Run and Ren for that matter, though they at least introduced some Ranma 1/2-ish Genderswap comedy to the mix.

Yami did have one thing that the rest of the cast didn't, though; she had an elaborate backstory. And by elaborate I mean moreso than "I was Lala's childhood friend/rival/plaything!" Everyone else just kinda came as they were, Yami's the only one with a Mysterious Past, which didn't really even get hinted at until the tail end of the manga. Up until that point we knew she was an assassin and she'd been around the galactic block a couple times, but we didn't really know much else about her; it gives her an aura of mystique that the other characters don't have. For those of us who prefer a side of plot with our fanservice, she was by far the most interesting character.

Quote:
Oi, oi, don't diss my Mikan!
If you aged her up a few years and made her lose the pineapple hair she'd be a dead ringer for my imouto, and as such I reserve Big Brother privileges to diss her all I want.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2010-09-28 at 12:48.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 12:55   Link #109
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Saki was the typical Ojou character we have seen a million times, but I always liked that kind of characters, so I liked her too. I loved the fact she was a better person that those characters usually are, too.

Yui was the down to Earth 'opposing force' romantic interest figure. Haruna was too soft for that role, and Lala was too agreeable, so I figure they needed someone who would actively protest to Rito's perceived antics without resorting to violence as a first option the way Yami did.

Ren shouldn't have had the gender swapping factor, actually. His male half at least was somewhat vaguely interesting as a rival, but Run was just annoying, overused, and rather flat character wise.
OverMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 13:37   Link #110
wingman32x

Quote:
So was about half the cast. What exactly was Yui the Generic Tsundere's purpose? Or Saki, for that matter? She had a few good chapters but apart from fangirling over Zastin she had even less purpose than Yami did. Or Run and Ren for that matter, though they at least introduced some Ranma 1/2-ish Genderswap comedy to the mix.

Yami did have one thing that the rest of the cast didn't, though; she had an elaborate backstory. And by elaborate I mean moreso than "I was Lala's childhood friend/rival/plaything!" Everyone else just kinda came as they were, Yami's the only one with a Mysterious Past, which didn't really even get hinted at until the tail end of the manga. Up until that point we knew she was an assassin and she'd been around the galactic block a couple times, but we didn't really know much else about her; it gives her an aura of mystique that the other characters don't have. For those of us who prefer a side of plot with our fanservice, she was by far the most interesting character.
I was speaking out of personal opinion. I never liked Yami, so I'm not going to give a damn about her elaborate backstory. You have to enjoy the character to some degree in order to enjoy stuff like that.

I agree that she did have a mysterious vibe going on, but I didn't really care because her character didn't appeal to me at all from the get-go. I wasn't talking in terms of plot. I was talking about my personal opinion on her character. I'll take my generic tsundere instead.
Old 2010-09-28, 14:08   Link #111
Soraya21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
As much as Yui is my absolute favorite, I think it also wouldn't be TLR if Lala doesn't show up. She is Rito's love interest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think the proper term would be "was". Remember, this is a spin-off, not a sequel.
Not to mention that Lala seemed perfectly happy with a polygamy marriage at the time of series' closure. That might have been the creators' way of sidelining Lala and reducing her role, since her flag has technically been raised and that she at least sees herself already as part of Rito's harem.
Soraya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 14:23   Link #112
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think the main reason there was no hiatus was because it was serializing in WSJ. Everything is competitive in that magazine and they can't hold a spot for someone or anything. It's live or die with something as big and popular as WSJ. Other magazines can run one shots and other stuff to fill the pages a series on hiatus would have took.
WSJ does place series on hiatus, HUNTER×HUNTER and D. Gray-man have both had hiatus from the magazine in fact I belive they both had gone on hiatus about a year before to-love-ru ended. I'm more likely to chalk it up to both the leagle issues and the possablity that author would not be able to commit to doing a weekly or monthly seires at that time. D. Gray-man has since moved to jump square and HUNTER×HUNTER has a weird publishing run of ten chapters then an hiatus untill the Tankōbon colecting them comes out.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 14:37   Link #113
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spin-off doesn't automatically mean AU
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 16:42   Link #114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
If you aged her up a few years and made her lose the pineapple hair
Why change what is already perfect?
Old 2010-09-28, 18:28   Link #115
Zoofranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I love Momo as well, even if they're pretty much polar opposites. Her teasing is always so fun. She's the only (sexually) aggresive girl in TLR (besides Mikado-sensei) which automatically makes her awesome.
I like her because of that too, but Risa was also sexually agressive

Quote:
For those of us who prefer a side of plot with our fanservice, she was by far the most interesting character.
The fan-service is a "plus" for me, I read TLR mainly for the plot but she isn't my favourite character.
Zoofranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-28, 18:31   Link #116
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoofranz View Post
I like her because of that too, but Risa was also sexually aggressive
iirc Run could be as well....
Old 2010-09-28, 18:39   Link #117
Zoofranz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
iirc Run could be as well....
At first I didn't know if to mention her...but you are right, we could say so. I was also going to say Mio too but I don't know, she was kind of irrelevant, at least Risa had her own chapter where we could see her in action
Old 2010-09-28, 18:49   Link #118
wingman32x

Quote:
I like her because of that too, but Risa was also sexually agressive
True, but I like Momo's seductive/teasing version better. Risa seems to be doing it more as a joke.
Old 2010-09-28, 18:54   Link #119
Zoofranz

Don't laugh at me but sometimes I think that Risa was actually in love with Rito and in that chapter she wanted to see how he'd react.
Old 2010-09-28, 21:36   Link #120
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Don't laugh at me but sometimes I think that Risa was actually in love with Rito and in that chapter she wanted to see how he'd react.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA just kidding.

Which chapter was that again?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen