AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-31, 15:02   Link #241
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I think someone is forgetting Mylene, or even Sylvie.
What? But I mentioned Mylene. Who the hell is Sylvie?!
Old 2010-10-31, 18:03   Link #242
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
Who the hell is Sylvie?!
Ace female Valkyrie pilot from Macross II.
Old 2010-11-03, 04:51   Link #243
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
One thing is sure in this movie though, ether Ranka or Sheryl fans will not be pleased. Unless they pull out the old ''everyone watches at the sky till credits start to roll'', which will piss everyone off. I'm worried that one of my favorite series might became one of the worst depending how everything plays out...
Old 2010-11-03, 10:11   Link #244
Lancel

Multiple endings is an interesting possibility. The movie Clue had I think three endings. In theaters it showed all of them, then in different region broadcasts it got one ending, then finally the DVD had all the endings, with an option to watch it with all the endings or watch it with a randomly selected ending. I could see a DVD menu where you click Play and it gives you an option between Ranka and Sheryl. There could be hidden endings too, like series-style, the sky, etc.

I'm not sure how the fanbase might react to that, it could technically be construed as another cop out, though technically they DO all get the ending they hoped for.
Old 2010-11-03, 10:19   Link #245
justavisitor

coming from the person who likes Amagami, I have no problem with multiple endings at all....

I don't think the movie will have any formal resolution tho...I guess those endings (Ranka, polygamy , etc) will come as the extra feature in DVD...so ppl will have more reasons to buy them
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-11-03, 10:23   Link #246
Lancel

Don't forget the SherylXRanka ending, where they both unceremoniously dump Alto.

Of course some of these endings I expect would be joke endings. My thinking is only the RankaXAlto and SherylXAlto would be taken seriously.
Old 2010-11-03, 10:24   Link #247
justavisitor

That would definitely be my second favorite ending...other than the RankaxAlto ending of course
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-11-04, 11:57   Link #248
moncikoma

i hate multiple endings...it wont be original anymore...!

if it has multiple endings...it should be like this :

true ending :
sheryl become an immortal android, using cyborg implant from Galaxy, to survive her sickness... (NEXT MACROS...she's still there!)
normal ending : sheryl and Alto have a kid
happy ending : sheryl warp and jump to me... because of misscalculation gate jump
bad ending : sheryl married with bob, ranka married with Alto
sad ending : sheryl died, vaporized by konig, just like her ancestor
special ending : sheryl X ranka ending..X3

Last edited by moncikoma; 2010-11-04 at 12:14.
Old 2010-11-04, 19:49   Link #249
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I'm not really fond of those kinds of ending for this anime. Macross is Macross NOT an otome game after all. There are shoujo animes for that kind of thing. Personally, I think a Sheryl ending is the most suitable, if not then a tastefully unresolved ending. No matter how glossy, nice (and maybe not so nice) the movies are (will be for WoG), you can never really erase the original series and the flow of how it went or the characters and how they were. I think that's the reason why so many people aren't really fond of IUH because they made some liberties with some characters (not just Ranka).
Old 2010-11-04, 20:40   Link #250
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
No matter how glossy, nice (and maybe not so nice) the movies are (will be for WoG), you can never really erase the original series and the flow of how it went or the characters and how they were. I think that's the reason why so many people aren't really fond of IUH because they made some liberties with some characters (not just Ranka).
I don't think of them as trying to erase anything. The movie fully expects you to have seen the show, and ideally, it just gives you more of what you already like, with a few surprises thrown in.
Old 2010-11-04, 21:11   Link #251
justavisitor

My take on this is that we gave the staff 25 episodes for a resolution but he refused to give us one, so it would be really unfair to either side if there is a resolution in the movie...it's like, a side has to wait more than 2 years and then get the crappy ending (from that side's perspective)

So, why not satisfy both sides by putting different endings in the DVD?? Remember this is not like DYRL, where we already know that Misa was the winner in the series...plus nowadays large portion of anime's revenue comes from the merchandise and I don't think the staff wanna piss off a certain side of fans
Old 2010-11-05, 03:29   Link #252
mariesz

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
My take on this is that we gave the staff 25 episodes for a resolution but he refused to give us one, so it would be really unfair to either side if there is a resolution in the movie...it's like, a side has to wait more than 2 years and then get the crappy ending (from that side's perspective)

So, why not satisfy both sides by putting different endings in the DVD?? Remember this is not like DYRL, where we already know that Misa was the winner in the series...plus nowadays large portion of anime's revenue comes from the merchandise and I don't think the staff wanna piss off a certain side of fans
Well, i don't really agree with you ... i don't think that in the original macross SDF series we really knew who was the winner in the end.
Remember the end : Sure Hikaru left Minmay; but he didn't specifically chose Misa. He didn't really chose to join the megaroad either.
It was really an opened ending .... a bit like the frontier series.
We didn't know what Hikaru had in is mind ... did he leave Minmay for Misa ? did he leave Minmay for a while ? (because she said in the end that she'll join the megaraoad ship ... again the triangle !!) Did he choose no one ?

Anyway, the DYRL was there to put the answers to those questions .... just like i hope the Sayonara no tsubasa movie will do ...
Old 2010-11-05, 07:43   Link #253
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariesz View Post
Well, i don't really agree with you ... i don't think that in the original macross SDF series we really knew who was the winner in the end.
Remember the end : Sure Hikaru left Minmay; but he didn't specifically chose Misa. He didn't really chose to join the megaroad either.
We didn't know what Hikaru had in is mind ... did he leave Minmay for Misa ? did he leave Minmay for a while ? (because she said in the end that she'll join the megaraoad ship ... again the triangle !!) Did he choose no one ?

Anyway, the DYRL was there to put the answers to those questions .... just like i hope the Sayonara no tsubasa movie will do ...
Umm it was definite Hikaru did choose in the end and he chose Misa, in fact Hikaru married Misa. It should have been easy to figure out, the ending theme song Runner (awesome song) clues you in on the fact that Minmay would ultimately lose the love triangle.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:00   Link #254
magnuskn

Quote:
Is this a joke post?
Old 2010-11-05, 08:11   Link #255
mariesz

No, this is defenitely not a joke post.
Did Hikaru say to Misa his feelings at the end of the series ?
That's only suggested ... like the japaneses always love to do !

Fortunately, the movie clarified everything...and that's what i expect from the second frontier movie.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:33   Link #256
magnuskn

Quote:
Oh, please. One would have to blind and deaf to not notice the clear signs at the end that the love triangle had ended, with Misa winning and Minmay acknowledging it ( with real class, I might say ).

Also, there's Flashback 2012.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:47   Link #257
wisteria233

Quote:

Fortunately, the movie clarified everything...and that's what i expect from the second frontier movie.
Minmei and Misa gave Hikaru an ultimatum at the end of the series either he come with her and leave the military or he lose Misa forever. Once Hikaru realized he was going to lose Misa he left Minmei even when she begged him not to. Then Minmei got the hint and gave up on Hikaru and left with dignity, she didn't give any sort of challenge to Misa, she realized that she was out of her league and respectfully backed out. The last scene you see his Hikaru smiling with his arms around Misa, you can't get more obvious than that.

Plus if you bothered to look up the lyrics of Runner for last episode which pretty much just cemented Hikaru's and Minmei's thoughts in the last episode. Runner by the way is a song about someone loving someone else and then giving up on them after realizing that they aren't the right one for them.
Old 2010-11-05, 08:58   Link #258
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Plus if you bothered to look up the lyrics of Runner for last episode which pretty much just cemented Hikaru's and Minmei's thoughts in the last episode. Runner by the way is a song about someone loving someone else and then giving up on them after realizing that they aren't the right one for them.
Sounds like the perfect ending song for Ranka for the second movie, to turn this back on-topic.
Old 2010-11-05, 09:00   Link #259
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post

So, why not satisfy both sides by putting different endings in the DVD??
how about like this...

after the ending credits...in the movie...there is an announcement of a new OVA
a spin off full of fan service like queensblade-ikkitousen ...a polygamy ending

i think that will satisfied a lot of fan... ..

"1st i want the fan to enjoy macross f in a big screen, 2nd i want to show the school life of macross for shojo manga, 3rd...lets make an OVA...LOL"
said kawachan
Old 2010-11-05, 09:01   Link #260
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Also, there's Flashback 2012.
Just thought I'd mention that Flashback 2012 was actually released after the DYRL movie and shouldn't count in this case.

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song