AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-30, 22:11   Link #41
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Bonuses

Just thought I'd share these quanta of knowledge:
  • the special edition costs an additional US$10, but includes an artbook and DVD;
  • retailer-specific preorder bonuses have been announced. GameStop's bonus package includes a 'bonus' mission with a JC Denton cameo(?!).
Source
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 02:11   Link #42
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Just thought I'd share these quanta of knowledge:
  • the special edition costs an additional US$10, but includes an artbook and DVD;
  • retailer-specific preorder bonuses have been announced. GameStop's bonus package includes a 'bonus' mission with a JC Denton cameo(?!).
Source
In a breeding tank, like the last stage of DX1 where you find Alex Denton?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 19:04   Link #43
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

The JC Denton thing actually seems like Gamestop being 100% wrong...the extra mission is rescuing Tracer Tong. Not to mention it'd create a HUGE time paradox plothole.
Old 2010-12-03, 21:48   Link #44
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I watched 2 pre-order videos.

- 1 who is on the official site , you will get Sniper + shotgun and some extra crédits for upgrades & augmentations.

- 1 who is the gamespot , you will get Grenade launcher + Remote detonated explosive + extra mission.

Guys does it means that if we don't pre-order we won't get Sniper + Shotgun + Gren + remote...

Also , currently the AI seem dumb , they don't react . And you can use stealth above the robot police patrol (like 1cm above them) ...

Hope they'll improve that.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 23:46   Link #45
YoungSquire
Epic

i saw the trailer and that the cinematic was pretty fuckin crazy but is the gameplay any good?
YoungSquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 00:07   Link #46
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSquire View Post
i saw the trailer and that the cinematic was pretty fuckin crazy but is the gameplay any good?
1. Use punctuation.

2. Write objectively.

3. The game isn't out yet.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-12-07, 14:30   Link #47
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

http://www.sarifindustries.com/en/

If you have time to kill and would like to learn the benefits of physical augmentation.

=3

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 05:44   Link #48
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
http://www.sarifindustries.com/en/

If you have time to kill and would like to learn the benefits of physical augmentation.

=3
Well at least they explained Gray Death.

Old 2010-12-08, 06:49   Link #49
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Also , currently the AI seem dumb , they don't react . And you can use stealth above the robot police patrol (like 1cm above them) ...

Hope they'll improve that.
Theres a longer list of things I could find to be worried about this game than the AI since DE didn't exactly have spectacular AI but was still fun to abuse.

Really between DE2 and everytime they tease something good about HR then say something else which goes against what DE's about. I have mixed feelings about HR even though the inner fanboy won't let me not pick this up on release.

My main concern is they still seem a little TOO proud of being able to run down a small army solo or smashing people into walls which goes against the whole theme of DE.
Old 2010-12-10, 06:36   Link #50
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Extended Trailer :

Beautiful cinematic . They gave an high budget on this. More gameplay will be welcome.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 01:05   Link #51
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Always I watch this cinematic, it's always awesome!
The music is incredible and this cinematic is really intense.

I really want to play this game.

I think it's the most wanted game for me.
Old 2011-07-02, 07:49   Link #52
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The World of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is More Than Just Yellow Lighting
Old 2011-07-03, 13:15   Link #53
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
My main concern is they still seem a little TOO proud of being able to run down a small army solo or smashing people into walls which goes against the whole theme of DE.
Ironically, they're actually pushing harder for people to go Stealth/Non-lethal. I suspect the trailers are focused on lethal to attract the mindless CoD crowd who would otherwise miss this pearl of a game.

While I have gameplay issues (No Melee, reliance on 3rd person cover, takedown issues) the art and depth of the world and decision making more than make up for it.

As for the cameo JC Denton DLC, it's the first time I've heard about it, and trust me I've read a hell lot of articles, watched most of the videos, tracked the Human Revolution Facebook pages, even communicated with one or two of the Devs themselves etc.

I have reason to believe that this could be a mistake. There's a bonus mission called Rescue Tong, I've read in other places that certain packs contain 'A bonus mission with a character from the previous installment' something along those lines. Now 'Rescue Tong' isn't refering to Tracer Tong from the first game, but Tong He Song a bartender in Human Revolution. This is where I believe the mixup is, but who knows, I could be wrong.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 13:47   Link #54
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I finally caved and played a bit of the leaked beta at a friends house and it was glorious.

Its very reminiscent of the original and you really do have quite a bit of freedom when it comes to how you tackle a mission and there are also some subtle references to the first game like a lady with the original deus ex theme tune as her mobile ringtone.

For those worried that it will be dumbed down to a simple action fest don't worry it isn't.

Cant wait X[

Old 2011-07-03, 14:16   Link #55
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
For those worried that it will be dumbed down to a simple action fest don't worry it isn't.
Not really bothered about the dumbed down action cause I never thought that would be the case, it's all about the freedom of augmentations/upgrades you can make.
1st was great, 2nd game it was dumbed/stripped down far too much which I really hated more than anything else in that game.
I'm hoping for a great deal of depth to the customization here. Me likes my customization
Old 2011-07-03, 14:53   Link #56
JC...
I am a Pie

Here's good sign, you can enter the women's bathroom and just like the first game you get a funny comment about it.

Oh, and you can start gang wars on the street, another good sign.

I'm not playing too much of the leak, I just had to get to the first hub though.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 15:44   Link #57
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not really bothered about the dumbed down action cause I never thought that would be the case, it's all about the freedom of augmentations/upgrades you can make.
1st was great, 2nd game it was dumbed/stripped down far too much which I really hated more than anything else in that game.
I'm hoping for a great deal of depth to the customization here. Me likes my customization
From what I played there is a great deal of depth to the augmentations and a vast array to choose from.

Both mine and my friends playthroughs of the first few missions vastly differed with him being able to side step certain obstacles with clever dialog choices via social augmentations rather than stealthing or blasting his way through etc.

Old 2011-07-03, 15:58   Link #58
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Always I watch this cinematic, it's always awesome!
The music is incredible and this cinematic is really intense.

I really want to play this game.

I think it's the most wanted game for me.
Seconded, that's really the game I am waiting for the most.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 17:35   Link #59
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
From what I played there is a great deal of depth to the augmentations and a vast array to choose from.

Both mine and my friends playthroughs of the first few missions vastly differed with him being able to side step certain obstacles with clever dialog choices via social augmentations rather than stealthing or blasting his way through etc.
Oh thats good then, if that keeps up I'm a happy camper!

I always liked trying it out on the 2 sides of the spectrum, pure stealth or all guns blazing

The in between was for messing around mostly
Old 2011-07-03, 18:27   Link #60
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Sounds like its gona be great, I might have to have a look at the leak to try it out - even though I already pre-ordered it - and get my fix. 1 Month to go huh, cant wait.