AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-08-15, 04:25   Link #1881
Sumeragi
Banned

That was week..... TOO weak.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 05:14   Link #1882
Tsukino Kage Spectre
Enraged and Suicidal

Stephanie Meyer does not deserve any love, only HATRED.

Or at least that was all I was tempted to say but that would be rather troll-like ain't it? So comment on the story... I can't think of anything. It broke my brain. It's obviously made on drugs.
Old 2011-08-15, 08:18   Link #1883
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
You should just go to Japan and help a hentai mangaka write the plot for their next work.

Actually, it's starting to get unamusing already. I think I might stop acknowledging what is a Holy Crack anymore...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 09:58   Link #1884
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kill it with fire, only because the Meyer name was mentioned!
Old 2011-08-15, 10:26   Link #1885
Miraluka
Banned

Something is lacking there Mr. Kyon, as if something were missing, take a break or it will become weak and I mean your crack.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 14:06   Link #1886
Breidaluk

Don't waste your holy crack in minor stories! You must gather all holy crack that you have and use in your fanfics! I want to see more of worst!!!!!!!
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:41   Link #1887
TkMacintosh

Spoiler for Weird idea...maybe NSFW?:
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 19:59   Link #1888
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
Spoiler for Weird idea...maybe NSFW?:
...I had such an idea in mind long ago, but it affected every man on earth.

I had a scene where Knight Leader was weeping because he had seen the Queen like that.

Another was Fiamma trying to run away from Silvia, and she thinks he was going to betray her and Ollerus, so she tortured him BDSM style. Cue Ollerus waking up, seeing this, and going fucking Yandere mode.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:59   Link #1889
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
TkMacintosh: Now where have I seen that kind of plot. I remember it was from a manga I read, perhaps. All I could recall that a girl wished boys weren't perverts and the next morning she woke up to she finds her world turning into one where half-nakedness is the proper way of dressing and that putting proper clothes on is like stripping in public. And the boys get turned on when they saw her in full school uniform. It's not a H manga though, but NSFW nevertheless.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 21:09   Link #1890
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
TkMacintosh: Now where have I seen that kind of plot. I remember it was from a manga I read, perhaps. All I could recall that a girl wished boys weren't perverts and the next morning she woke up to she finds her world turning into one where half-nakedness is the proper way of dressing and that putting proper clothes on is like stripping in public. And the boys get turned on when they saw her in full school uniform. It's not a H manga though, but NSFW nevertheless.
Never read that manga, but the idea still came to me non-the-less.
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 03:20   Link #1891
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Spoiler for Preview for a serious one-shot:

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-08-17, 05:15   Link #1892
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Kaki/nda
Old 2011-08-17, 09:57   Link #1893
Jobless Josh

Location: England, it's pretty small, I'm sure you'll find me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Spoiler for Preview for a serious one-shot:
Honestly you and your bloody Kakine ressurection fetish xD
And my god MeisterBabylon Kakine in a skirt I could handle but with a little girls legs I think I might throw up.
Old 2011-08-17, 21:25   Link #1894
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Spoiler for There will be blood... (Revamp Promise Chapter 3):

Hint: Kuroko is going to get completely M'd by Worst.

Spoiler for And...:

Old 2011-08-18, 06:30   Link #1895
Cundou
FanFic Writer

Question!:

Is there a preferance for using Kamijou or Touma to address our main spiky-haired hero? In the light novels he seems to be referred to as Kamijou all the time, but is that consistent, and if so, is there a reason provided?

I personally feel like using Touma, but if it's part of his character to think of himself as "Kamijou", that's a good reason to change it.

Obviously I'm asking this in the fan fic thread because this is regarding writing fan fics. If anyone feels it's malplaced, please feel free to point in the right direction
Cundou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 06:44   Link #1896
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundou View Post
Question!:

Is there a preferance for using Kamijou or Touma to address our main spiky-haired hero? In the light novels he seems to be referred to as Kamijou all the time, but is that consistent, and if so, is there a reason provided?

I personally feel like using Touma, but if it's part of his character to think of himself as "Kamijou", that's a good reason to change it.

Obviously I'm asking this in the fan fic thread because this is regarding writing fan fics. If anyone feels it's malplaced, please feel free to point in the right direction
From what I have seen there is no preference in what way he is addressed as. Examples are:

Mikoto: that idiot
Aogami/Tsuchimikado: Kami-yan
Index: Touma
His mother: Touma-san

Most other people refer him as Kamijou-san most probably because they don't really know him that good.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
ovum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 06:48   Link #1897
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cundou View Post
Question!:

It's a matter of Japanese formality, but this depends on your writing style whether you want to westernized it, or retain the same feel as the Light Novel.

If you want to Westernized it, then by all means you can use their given name. But the Light Novel refers to all of them by their family name or full name, save for special occasions.

Index is the only one I know that refers to everyone by their given name, being a westerner herself this is to be expected but mostly because her character is naturally friendly and open.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 08:22   Link #1898
Cundou
FanFic Writer

Hey there, thanks for the answers!
I think I wasn't clear enough in my question though.
I didn't mean when people are talking to or about him directly. I meant in the narrator's voice when writing from Touma's point of view.

Several times during the light novels it says "Kamijou did this, Kamjiou said that". Why doesn't the author use his first name? He doesn't seem to use the last name rule on all the characters (like when we're seeing Mikoto's point of view she's actually called Mikoto - most of the time).
I was wondering if this was a consistent thing throughout the series, or if it's just random when the author uses his first name or last name when writing from Touma's point of view.

Basically, does Touma usually refer to himself as "Kamijou" when he thinks?
Cundou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:23   Link #1899
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Howdy folks.

I'm a relatively new guy when it comes to writing stories in this series, but I do have the first chapter of something I recently got through finishing. If you folks don't mind, I would love if you could check it out and possibly give me feedback? It's a bit on the serious side, with action and dialogue.

As a word of warning, however: it's got a handful of OCs, so do read through it all before passing judgment. So, without further ado:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7301515/1/In_Bad_Company

Last edited by Tempy; 2011-08-19 at 02:29. Reason: Fixing link
Tempy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:49   Link #1900
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Tempy ?!

Oh man, everybody's coming out of the woodworks Gotta to work faster on my own fics...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction