AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 14:50   Link #221
Shadow5YA

low MP and little skills early on make Caster a pain to play.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 16:53   Link #222
Twi

I just got my copy....
Planned Play order:
Spoiler for Route spoiler:

Any new news on Fate Extra CCC?
Old 2011-11-05, 20:16   Link #223
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
low MP and little skills early on make Caster a pain to play.
She's so cute though

I meant to try to play a little bit of each to see which one I wanted to go through with first and she stole all my motivation right away. At least I'm playing on easy mode first so it shouldn't be too bad right?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 17:53   Link #224
Shadow5YA

So I just beat the game and...

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2011-11-07, 03:44   Link #225
LostHanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yondaime View Post
I just saw a tweet by Aksys that they're now selling Fate/EXTRA LE & SE bundled with the Fate/the Fact book in limited quantities on their online store

http://li.brari.us/fatestore

I guess if you didn't have the chance to grab it before, now would be your best chance to get the game and the booklet :3
Thanks for being a bro and posting the link
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:35   Link #226
Yondaime
4th Hokage 四代目火影

No problem

- Umineko no naku koro ni
Yondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 01:20   Link #227
Xacual

Damn it, was just grinding and was about to have 3 levels done and ready to leave dungeon, fought one of the bee enemies on floor 1 and I just lined up two spells and then filled the rest with attack to finish it since the two spells usually kill it. Well damn thing is faster so it paralyzed me after I got one spell off which meant my second spell didn't kill it. Died and lost all that grinding time, not the first time that has happened but that's probably the most progress I've lost. Teach me to be lazy when the end is in sight.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-11-08, 01:21   Link #228
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
So I just beat the game and...

Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for stuff:

I got my copy of the LE at the local store here in Canada; there was a week-long delay for shipping to this country, but better (a bit) late than never...
Old 2011-11-08, 19:44   Link #229
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Just bought my copy, should arrive in the next week.

I only just found out yesterday that this was localized. What a pleasant surprise.

Think I'll go for a Saber->Archer->Caster playthrough, in the recommended order. A shame, I really like the look of caster, but I'll save her for last.
Old 2011-11-09, 18:52   Link #230
Xacual

So if anyone can help me with this I'm having an issue with week 6 day 3 conversation with caster. I thought I was supposed to have multiple options so I could choose caster over Rin but that option isn't there. I've pretty much chosen caster's side on everything I could think of affecting it, visited her every day, etc. Was I just too nice to Rin or something? Does being FeMC actually effect it?

Old 2011-11-09, 19:21   Link #231
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Got my copy with the Fate/the Facts special book, yay!

So....Akysys didn't cheap out this time and did a fairly good job with the LE (Much better than Agarest Zero's), but something about their printing job is still...sub-par. I think they should find a new printer >_>

Will post some pictures of today' spoils within the day on my blog.

EDIT: It's up @_@

Last edited by HurricaneHige; 2011-11-09 at 20:31.
HurricaneHige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 23:11   Link #232
LostHanyou

Received my copy as well.

I have come to the conclusion the female PC is the "kawaii" character of the game. Caster and Saber have nothing on her!
Old 2011-11-12, 23:41   Link #233
Shadow5YA

Any news on Fate/Extra CCC, like a release date?
Old 2011-11-13, 00:04   Link #234
Nerroth
NePoi!

Not so much.

Imageepoch are focussing on getting 7th Dragon 2020 out the door for Sega; I'm guessing we won't see proper updates for CCC on their jrpg.jp site until after that game is released.
Old 2011-11-13, 05:02   Link #235
majestix1988

Spring 2012 Release said by Siliconera.com but not exact date....Imagepooch focusing for boosting sales of 7th Dragon 2020 in Japan right now...but next year
will Fate/eXtra CCC

i wish sales of Fate/extra Sales will have good result for possible US version of
Fate/extra CCC(same thing to do..Japanese Dubs)
Old 2011-11-13, 05:03   Link #236
Sciel
Etoilé

I finished it yesterday using Saber (lulz easy mode i know ). Might play NG+ using caster

While i had a blast playing it, i really did not enjoy the battle system. Personally, i found the rock-paper-scissors guessing game to be terrible and was easily the worst part of the game.

The storyline while good wasn't what i would call fantastic. (i personally found the bits that weren't focused on the holy grail war a bit hard to follow) The interactions (and conflicts) between each master and servants was easily the best part of the game ( as expected )

One minor issue i had was the repetitiveness of the game. Every week you essentially do the exact same thing (of course there are twists here and there).

Overall its a solid 7-7.5/10 for FSN fans. Else probably a 6 or so.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 23:44   Link #237
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
I finished it yesterday using Saber (lulz easy mode i know ). Might play NG+ using caster

While i had a blast playing it, i really did not enjoy the battle system. Personally, i found the rock-paper-scissors guessing game to be terrible and was easily the worst part of the game.

The storyline while good wasn't what i would call fantastic. (i personally found the bits that weren't focused on the holy grail war a bit hard to follow) The interactions (and conflicts) between each master and servants was easily the best part of the game ( as expected )

One minor issue i had was the repetitiveness of the game. Every week you essentially do the exact same thing (of course there are twists here and there).

Overall its a solid 7-7.5/10 for FSN fans. Else probably a 6 or so.
Well, it was a bit short, but outside of a Visual Novel or fighting game, this is a new field for TM to step on.

As for me, I just recorded the patterns so I wouldn't constantly blow it.
Old 2011-11-14, 00:15   Link #238
LostHanyou

I keep dying to regular monsters and now I'm stuck on Archer playing as Archer LOL

I'm a heavy RTS/TBS gamer but I usually don't have such problems :/
Old 2011-11-14, 00:56   Link #239
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHanyou View Post
I keep dying to regular monsters and now I'm stuck on Archer playing as Archer LOL

I'm a heavy RTS/TBS gamer but I usually don't have such problems :/
Well I'll give you some help, Archer will almost always guard first turn. He'll use his poison arrow second turn so if you use the codecast hack there you'll usually force him to keep using it if he wants to poison you. So if you see Skill on the second slot it's the poison ability. If he isn't using that, then he's likely using the other cast which if I remember right will be in the 4th slot. His NP just enhances poison damage so make sure you remove poisons with remedy if you ever get hit.

Just make sure you're always hitting at least the target level for the week. Also make sure to get Matrix E info on your opponent every week.

If you're having a lot of problem with Archer, you'll have a blast with Berserker / Lancer fights later on. I think it took me about 30-40 reloads to beat Berserker on my Caster playthrough.

Old 2011-11-14, 11:25   Link #240
Shadow5YA

Yeah, Week 4 is pretty rough...

... unless you're Saber. Thrice Setting Sun is broken.

Tags
ps vita, psp