AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 21 40.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 36.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.85%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-27, 13:06   Link #41
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I was really thinking about what Haqua really is about when i first heard/seen her name being posted around during the first season, and it remains to be seen (at least for me) why she is one of the more popular heroines.
Well, Haqua is a very funny character, and his interactions with Keima are one of the most hilarious things in the manga. But I have the sad feeling that in the anime the enjoyment won't be at the same level.
Old 2011-04-27, 13:18   Link #42
Seihai
スマイリウム

Comparisons are fine but do you really need to do them to negatively reflect the anime adaption? You might as well ignore the manga's existance then because they're not one and the same thing anyway. Or at least give the things that were well-adapted some credit as well. I think the enjoyment will be similar, just with a different direction -> atmosphere -> feeling / focus.
Old 2011-04-27, 13:30   Link #43
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuutai View Post
Well, Haqua is a very funny character, and his interactions with Keima are one of the most hilarious things in the manga. But I have the sad feeling that in the anime the enjoyment won't be at the same level.
I've not read the manga so I don't have expectations on how the anime should handle their interactions or how the anime should handle it to be faithful to the source material, but that's just me

I'm just hoping to see more of her in future episodes, it would seem that I would miss a lot if they wouldn't show her in the future
Old 2011-04-27, 23:10   Link #44
Shimapan
Try me! <3

The first arc was already good, but this is still clearly better!
Haqua is not only very hot, but also interesting. So she excelled at school but totally fails at actually capturing any loose souls
I really wonder how she got section chief then?

It was good to hear the background sory about how Hell evolved from barbarism to a civilised society, and the loose souls are the old, evil spirits from the old Hell, who escaped. So they can become really dangerous if they arent'n driven out in time, or if they're not captured after being driven out.
I get the feeling that the story is really starting now.

I wasn't too surprised when keima discovered she hadn't caought any loose souls so far, and that the had even let one escape
I had already guessed something along the line when she hesitated answering Elsie's question.
With Keima helping Haqua, I don't know if he's just trying to be kind, or if he just wants to get it over with as fast as possible so he can play more... perhaps a bit of both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The demon girls are cuter than the story heroines. ( ̄Д ̄ )
qft!
Old 2011-04-27, 23:53   Link #45
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
The first arc was already good, but this is still clearly better!
Haqua is not only very hot, but also interesting. So she excelled at school but totally fails at actually capturing any loose souls
I really wonder how she got section chief then?
She probably got fast-tracked to the position on the basis of excellent academic results.
Old 2011-04-28, 06:42   Link #46
n120cky

Haqua excelled at school not for nothing, she got more feature/tools than Elsie,
I bet if Keima partnered with Haqua instead of Elsie, he would catch twice as many with the same time frame.
Old 2011-04-28, 06:51   Link #47
judasmartel
*Author

And Haqua will finally get souls for her own.

While real life is different from school in many ways, well, a good scholastic record can give you a good advantage at around 60 to 70 percent of the time. I haven't even mentioned "late bloomers" yet.
Old 2011-04-28, 07:56   Link #48
kitten320

A different episode from others, no romance is involved just purely trying to catch something big and dangerouse. I like this small change from usual stuff^^
Old 2011-04-28, 08:07   Link #49
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well near as we can figure out Else and Haqua graduated 200 years ago (going by Else's claim in season 1 of being a cleaning maid for 200 years).

We don't know how recently the loose souls escaped, but there do seem to be signs that the new devils are increasingly desperate. Else's recent appointment to the Loose Spirit Squad being evidence #1. (Remember Episode Zero from the first season).

Since there seems to have been a recent massive expansion in the Loose Spirit Squad they would need more section chiefs. A former valedictorian seems like the logical choice for a "shake and bake" sergeant.

Also, notice that capturing 5 loose spirits is enough to earn you an award of merit. Apparently quite rare too. How many loose spirits do you think an average member of the loose spirit squad captures?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-04-28, 09:35   Link #50
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'd guess 2 or maybe 3 captured loose souls if lucky would so far be the average, going from Elsie's awesomeness. Also we need to keep in mind that the buddy is needed for the capture's procedure for the most part. So yeah, there's definitely not many like Keima... then again, he doesn't know everything yet so he'll have to squish Haqua some more.
Old 2011-04-28, 22:32   Link #51
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
She probably got fast-tracked to the position on the basis of excellent academic results.
That might be possible, but then... staying at that post without getting anything done?
Old 2011-04-29, 14:47   Link #52
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Checked out a few chapters in the manga, and I will have to put a claim on the upcoming Sensei before it gets too crazy here.
Old 2011-04-29, 18:59   Link #53
Bafflement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well near as we can figure out Else and Haqua graduated 200 years ago (going by Else's claim in season 1 of being a cleaning maid for 200 years).

We don't know how recently the loose souls escaped, but there do seem to be signs that the new devils are increasingly desperate. Else's recent appointment to the Loose Spirit Squad being evidence #1. (Remember Episode Zero from the first season).

Since there seems to have been a recent massive expansion in the Loose Spirit Squad they would need more section chiefs. A former valedictorian seems like the logical choice for a "shake and bake" sergeant.

Also, notice that capturing 5 loose spirits is enough to earn you an award of merit. Apparently quite rare too. How many loose spirits do you think an average member of the loose spirit squad captures?
I believe Elsie was talking about always having cleaning duty while she was at school. The story suggests that Elsie and Haqua graduated relatively recently (within the last decade or so).
Old 2011-04-29, 20:19   Link #54
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafflement View Post
I believe Elsie was talking about always having cleaning duty while she was at school. The story suggests that Elsie and Haqua graduated relatively recently (within the last decade or so).
It was during the Shiori arc. Keima demanded to know why Else knew nothing about modern Japan.

"The Ships! They're Black! The Black Ships!" The last thing Else learned about Japan when she was in Demon school, because that was current Japanese happenings when Else graduated. (Recently Else also learned about firetrucks. They're Red!)

It's pretty clear that Demons age and mature at a far far slower rate then humans.

Else and Haqua graduated 200 years ago, yet they are still considered half-trained young girls.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Old 2011-04-29, 23:15   Link #55
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
It was during the Shiori arc. Keima demanded to know why Else knew nothing about modern Japan.

"The Ships! They're Black! The Black Ships!" The last thing Else learned about Japan when she was in Demon school, because that was current Japanese happenings when Else graduated. (Recently Else also learned about firetrucks. They're Red!)

It's pretty clear that Demons age and mature at a far far slower rate then humans.

Else and Haqua graduated 200 years ago, yet they are still considered half-trained young girls.
If Elsie hasn't seen Japan since Commodore Perry and his Black Ships, wherefrom comes her fascination for fire engines, of all things?
Old 2011-04-29, 23:25   Link #56
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I believe she read a picture book shortly after shortly arriving in the human world and meeting Keima, which it had a fire truck in it. Shiori's arc to be exact I think since it was in the library.

No idea why she liked it so much though, it's probably just because she's a total half-wit with a childish personality.~
Old 2011-04-30, 00:31   Link #57
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Quote:
If Elsie hasn't seen Japan since Commodore Perry and his Black Ships, wherefrom comes her fascination for fire engines, of all things?
In the same arc Else learns about Firetrucks, it's even presented as a callback to the Black Ships joke.

Old 2011-04-30, 03:27   Link #58
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Back then those things are big simply big, long and hard only. Now they are big, long, red, hard and squirt water! And they can now move fast despite that size; of course she'd be fascinated!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-04-30, 07:16   Link #59
Qikz

I really hope hakua becomes another main character. Every heroine so far I've started to like, they have their arc and forget everything.

I'm glad I finally caught up with this this morning as I've been wanting to watch it since it came out but I've been busy this weekend. I've not read the manga so don't know anything about Hakua other than the fact she looks like an extremely cute tsundere so I'm game for her character. My heart has already lost.
Old 2011-04-30, 08:23   Link #60
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Back then those things are big simply big, long and hard only. Now they are big, long, red, hard and squirt water! And they can now move fast despite that size; of course she'd be fascinated!
That's the funniest and best explanation I've ever read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
I really hope hakua becomes another main character. Every heroine so far I've started to like, they have their arc and forget everything.

I'm glad I finally caught up with this this morning as I've been wanting to watch it since it came out but I've been busy this weekend. I've not read the manga so don't know anything about Hakua other than the fact she looks like an extremely cute tsundere so I'm game for her character. My heart has already lost.
Don't worry is all I can say.