AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-05, 18:33   Link #401
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Claymore View Post
*scraches head* Eh... we better leave this for next chap's discussion Though I can only say she has released more than 30/50% of her yoki power due to her facial/body (not sure) distortion, so I assume she IS on the verge of awakening.
Well, remember back to when Claire used a partial awakening to free herself of Ophelia (she was face-planted) and saved Raki from the tentacle monster she did not really contort to my memory. Therefore, I do not know whether transformations or facial contortions are the only way to prove she is using a partial awakening. It could be a momentary release of everything and then coming back.

@RussianMeatClob, I think Roxanne will have the last laugh in this against Cassandra. She has everything so orchestrated in her favor. That and, she seemed more excited than worried. Therefore, I doubt there is anything Cassandra can really do to kill Roxanne, especially if Roxanne awakens or releases Yoki.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-05 at 18:49.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:37   Link #402
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Back story was boring but the chapter ending was great. Gotta leave it to Yagi to find a way to make things even worse.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:37   Link #403
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Should I feel bad that I loled at the scene on page 7 that can only be described as a FACESTAB moment.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:38   Link #404
O.F Death

After reading the translation, I realized why Roxanne used the Blade of Evil to strike Cassandra down: It's an ugly counter for an ugly technique.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:38   Link #405
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

That's a pretty crazy chapter. One of the best in a while actually.

wait, what is this blade of evil? i must have forgotten or missed what it is.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:39   Link #406
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
Should I feel bad that I loled at the scene on page 7 that can only be described as a FACESTAB moment.
No, unless it is a bad thing, but then we are both guilty of loling at an inappropriate scene. I thought of it as a face-lift for the twins.

@GermanTurkey She used the hilt of her sword to finish Cassandra, notice page 27 where Roxanne brings her sword hilt down on Cassandra and on the top of page 28 she removes it causing a blood spray.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:40   Link #407
Jean Claymore
Former #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Well, remember back to when Claire used a partial awakening to free herself of Ophelia (she was face-planted) and saved Raki from the tentacle monster she did not really contort to my memory. Therefore, I do not know whether transformations or facial contortions are the only way to prove she is using a partial awakening. It could be a momentary release of everything and then coming back.
Hm... yeah... you mean an instant uprising of its yoki right? Though I think she's in a situation she can lose her control at any moment by this 'momentary' rise of her yoki... While she can take Hysteria with the same equal level, she too has chances of awekening

Eh? Wasn't partial awekening the awekening of one's limbs or part of its body? If I recall correctly, Clare didn't use that when faced Ophelia nor did when saving Raki from the AB Ophelia was facing with.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:41   Link #408
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:

@RussianMeatClob, I think Roxanne will have the last laugh in this against Cassandra. She has everything so orchestrated in her favor. That and, she seemed more excited than worried. Therefore, I doubt there is anything Cassandra can really do to kill Roxanne, especially if Roxanne awakens or releases Yoki.
You answered your own question. In the Ophelia example, Claire did a temporary release of yoki that lasted a whole second, if that. In this fight Miria is in, she's released her Yoki and hasn't reigned it back in yet.

Of course, we could dive deep into the discussion of whether or not Miria, Claire, Deneve, and Helen can even be talked about in the same way as other Claymores. ie: From one perspective, you could view all four as an alternative version of Awakened Beings. Ones who don't crave guts. Their "reverting" back to normal Claymore status being no different than say Riful maintaining her human form, with the delineating factor being one group craves guts, and the other doesn't. Which is why, Claire for instance, even in "normal" mode, tastes like an awakened being to Ophelia. But, many years of lurking in these chapter threads tells me any discussion that can rely heavily on semantics is one we probably do not want to dive into.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:45   Link #409
Nixl

@Creb, what I think is the difference is that it is a momentary release of most their Yoki over their limit (80%). So for Miria, she is, let's say 50% and then she bursts out to 90% and then goes back down to 50%. It is not on the level of what Claire did against Rigardo, but more like what she did against Ophelia for the moment.

@Jean, Claire against Rigardo literally released 100% into her legs and ultimately her hands as well, hence the transformation. Miria could be just below the level of transformation like 90% (arbitrary number). I am beginning to consider that partial awakening is merely Claire, Miria, Deneve, and Helen going over their limit for any amount of time to receive the benefits of going over limit while still be able to return.

That being said, I will be severely disappointed if we do not see some transformation out of Miria.

@O.F. Death, that is a pretty nice idea and it would fit Roxanne's cruelty.

Last edited by Nixl; 2011-10-05 at 18:59.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:45   Link #410
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
No, unless it is a bad thing, but then we are both guilty of loling at an inappropriate scene. I thought of it as a face-lift for the twins.
If you take out the bits at the bottom and only look at the big panel on top it's rather humorous. Oh who am I kidding that whole thing with the twins was rather funny in a dark humor sortta way. I mean Roxanne did it for the lulz anyway.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:51   Link #411
O.F Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
That's a pretty crazy chapter. One of the best in a while actually.

wait, what is this blade of evil? i must have forgotten or missed what it is.
It's that technique where the Claymore uses every part of the sword to fight. So, it's the hilt, pommel, and guard in addition to the blade.
Old 2011-10-05, 18:58   Link #412
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

I just read the chapter. It was alright, not enough fighting. Cassandra had a sad past and Roxanne is a evil bitch. I hope that after Miria kills Hysteria she can kill Roxanne as well. And it looks like Cassandra did awaken.
Its to bad that Raki or any of the Ghosts weren't in this Chapter.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-05, 19:00   Link #413
Ryus
The One Eyed King

OMG! I loved it... Roxanne is just so evil and TheRussianMeatClob don't feel bad... it was awesome.

I mean just telling the twins to "go ahead and die" since she's bored with them now... wow. I mean Ophelia would have kept torturing them for more pleasure, but not Roxanne, she is all about finding greater thrills... if you don't measure up she'll kill you and move on. Also she seems to plan even more long term than Ophelia and more thoroughly. She really is Love and Hate... though maybe that and should be an or

Interesting that even though both of Hysteria's hits did slightly more damage in the two clashes she states that it's pure chance. That fight could get good... if it continues now that Cassandra has awakened.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:03   Link #414
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Glad to see the chapter is finally out.

I have to say, Yagi has done a great job at making Roxanne the most unrepentant evil bitch in this entire manga. She surpasses Ophelia on the kilo-nazi scale by leagues.

Cassandra herself is basically a woobie destroyer of worlds. Left isolated by her comrades due to the nature of her technique, and her only "friend" was Roxanne, a manipulative evil bitch.
Then her only true friend gets tortured to death due to the (in)action of Roxanne, who basically set it up so she couldn't even fight her.

Speaking of which, I'm almost positive Roxanne is severally underestimating Cassandra's abilities. Cassandra's own memories combined with Miria's comment on her massive yoki lead me to believe she is certainly on the level of a #1, and Roxanne was basically just talking down on her to feed her own ego.

I will also note that we haven't seen Roxanne's reaction to Cassandra's awakening, so I wouldn't be so quick to say she is so superior to Cassandra that she can fight a new Abyssal One with ease. If anything, I think Roxanne is simply so full of herself/crazy that she is several underestimating Cassandra's strength.

----------

As for the Miria vs Hysteria fight, it looks like I was more or less correct. Miria's "new" technique is basically her using a super-charged phantom to move so fast that neither of them can defend. It comes down to who is tougher/luckier at this point, and it is likely that Miria is far more used to harsh fights then Hysteria is.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:05   Link #415
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Well now that Cassandra has awakened she will go and attack Roxanne, and Cassandra has Abyssal strength so she can kill Roxanne. After that Cassandra will be killed by the twins, Miria, and the rest of the Ghosts.

I hope.

What happened to Audrey? She was right under Cassandra when she started to awaken. Did that level of yoki release kill her, or will Audrey and Rachel be Abyssal Cassandra's first victims?

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-05, 19:05   Link #416
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I haven't seen a char bashing like Roxanne since Raftela in chap 107. and look how things turned out. Sure Roxanne is more sociopath than Ophelia, but even in her end there was a goal to her life after all.

From what I have seen so far I am actually loving Cassy more and more. Aww and she was compared to a cat

I am sure we are going to see Roxanne in shit next. Surprisingly Miria and Cassy have similar circumstances and triggers... wonder why Yagi is bringing up such a plot at this time.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:06   Link #417
Nixl

It is not hard to find Roxanne entertaining in a cast dominated by Mary Sues lately. It's about time a character screwed with the "Friendship is Magic" theme.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:07   Link #418
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
Well now that Cassandra has awakened she will go and attack Roxanne, and Cassandra has Abyssal strength so she can kill Roxanne. After that Cassamdra will be killed by the twins, Miria, and the rest of the Ghosts.
But, if Dae's evil muhahaha moment is an indicator, then Rox is gonna go abyssal one as well, and the impasse that Miria is currently in will result in Zombie #3 (gosh, she's so boring I can't even recall her name) probably going abyssal on Miria.

Edit: Also, pfffffffffffftbbbbb to everyone who dares to say Rox is more psychotic than Ophelia!
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-05, 19:13   Link #419
An4rchy99
♥ Ophy~chan ♥

I still think people are comparing two different persona's when they compare Ophy and Roxanne. Like I said earlier Ophy is just a psychopath (and I say this with ut most love of course ) and Roxanne is more of a sociopath mixed with classic Japanese genre of a yandere. Of course I can't help but admire her pleasured look during the moment Cassy remembers. Its been a while since Yagi has given this much joy in a char for me
Old 2011-10-05, 19:14   Link #420
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
OMG! I loved it... Roxanne is just so evil and TheRussianMeatClob don't feel bad... it was awesome.

I mean just telling the twins to "go ahead and die" since she's bored with them now... wow. I mean Ophelia would have kept torturing them for more pleasure, but not Roxanne, she is all about finding greater thrills... if you don't measure up she'll kill you and move on. Also she seems to plan even more long term than Ophelia and more thoroughly. She really is Love and Hate... though maybe that and should be an or

Interesting that even though both of Hysteria's hits did slightly more damage in the two clashes she states that it's pure chance. That fight could get good... if it continues now that Cassandra has awakened.
Lol I don't feel bad and i'm not sorry.

But yeah for some reason Roxanne just feels more evil then Ophelia to me.

I mean damn that's some long term crap to plan out to screw someone's life over. Hazama from BlazBlue would be proud.