AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 19:55   Link #241
Athena
The Power of One

I wonder what Tomoka looks like as an adult...
Old 2012-05-10, 21:06   Link #242
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
so if it's 14 and 17 it's accepted >.>

Subaru need time machine. The one use in nyaruko because back to the future time machine had class ;D unlike steins;gate Subaru needs to time leap 2 more years.
Even more acceptable when he's 21 and she's 18 lol. Society is weird. A 3 year interval at different age groups makes a world of difference apparently.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 00:49   Link #243
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Even more acceptable when he's 21 and she's 18 lol. Society is weird. A 3 year interval at different age groups makes a world of difference apparently.
Well think about it, when you were a freshman in high school would you date an elementary schooler or middle schooler?

However, when you are a senior in high school, its ok to date a freshman in high school.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 17:51   Link #244
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetor View Post
However, when you are a senior in high school, its ok to date a freshman in high school.
Not true. A friendship with a 2 years younger girl is already getting hum..."dangerous", and if you actually date her...
Old 2012-05-11, 18:51   Link #245
tsunade666

Then wait for her to grew older
Old 2012-05-11, 22:12   Link #246
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
Probably, as there's a possibility the core group will go to different Junior High schools.
Keishin's a "escalator style" private school (from primary to college), they'll all probably stay in the same school until they, er, stop studying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiRa08o2 View Post
Who would win, you think 1 vs 1 Maho against Saki?
Maho and Saki are pretty evenly matched - Saki is the more rounded player with better ball handling skills since she is the PG, though Maho has the better scoring percentage, speed and jumping ability. However Saki has the psychological advantage over Maho since Saki can read Maho like a book, I'd give the edge to Saki but it's going to be one of those matches where it could swing either way depending on who's having a bad day kind of thing.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-12, 19:41   Link #247
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Then wait for her to grew older
Unless she gets picked by someone else...that'll be a new plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Keishin's a "escalator style" private school (from primary to college), they'll all probably stay in the same school until they, er, stop studying.
Transfer's a possibility?
Old 2012-05-12, 22:29   Link #248
tsunade666

Quote:
Unless she gets picked by someone else...that'll be a new plot.
Guard her Growth This reminds me of one of nagixjun song. The one who has time travel ability
Old 2012-05-13, 09:07   Link #249
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Of course. But if it's true that Keishin offers all educational levels, it won't be a stretch if Mokkan's group may actually build a middle school ball club for Keishin.

But with Nashiba Basketball Club's one-year suspension possibly lifted, it is possible that Subaru (and Aoi if she becomes club manager) can no longer coach the girls on a more permanent basis. Depending on the new coach, a new coaching system based on the necessity to win more than the enjoyment of the game itself can have serious consequences on their chemistry and game.

I just thought about this for some time: I wonder if somebody already made an NBA 2K12 My Player account with the player name Subaru Hasegawa, either for real seriousness or for fun.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-13, 09:32   Link #250
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Always possible, but I would bet that if that ever happens it would be one of those plots where someone says they have to transfer but ends up not doing it.
Old 2012-05-13, 12:14   Link #251
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

I've been reading the Rokyubu! 4koma that came out on April 27th and it's quite good.
Shows the time from Tomoka's transfer into Keishin before the lolicon Subaru comes to coach them.

http://moeoh.dengeki.com/archives/4351

Maho is such a stalker lol
Old 2012-05-18, 05:09   Link #252
stormtrooper

Quote:
Of course. But if it's true that Keishin offers all educational levels, it won't be a stretch if Mokkan's group may actually build a middle school ball club for Keishin.

But with Nashiba Basketball Club's one-year suspension possibly lifted, it is possible that Subaru (and Aoi if she becomes club manager) can no longer coach the girls on a more permanent basis. Depending on the new coach, a new coaching system based on the necessity to win more than the enjoyment of the game itself can have serious consequences on their chemistry and game.
There's not much the club can really do until the suspension is lifted so I guess we'll be seeing the girls in middle school.

As for Subaru, he can't really worry about the girls since he has his own career to follow. Aoi has her own to worry about too and of course, making sure Subaru doesn't mess up with his studies and what not. I think Subaru still wants to play basketball so he might want to try out again for the varsity team.

Remember in the end, it is still the girls basketball we will follow so it's time for a new coach. The new coach should be able to convince them that winning is important rather than having fun. It shouldn't really destroy their own chemistry since the girls have been playing as a team unless they have new teammates, which they probably will in the future. I can't wait to see Tomoka's A-game back if needed. I want to see her bringing back the mentality of what she was before.
stormtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 05:13   Link #253
Athena
The Power of One

It'd be great to have a new coach, but I fear that it'll leave out the characters' developpment in their relationship with Subaru, which progressed throughout the story. If we changed Characters, then it'd be really like "RKB Second Tale" or something.
Old 2012-05-18, 06:47   Link #254
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
Remember in the end, it is still the girls basketball we will follow so it's time for a new coach. The new coach should be able to convince them that winning is important rather than having fun. It shouldn't really destroy their own chemistry since the girls have been playing as a team unless they have new teammates, which they probably will in the future. I can't wait to see Tomoka's A-game back if needed. I want to see her bringing back the mentality of what she was before.
I've always thought of leaving out Subaru's POV as a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I like Subaru not only as a character, but as the coach for an elementary school girls team (although he's a certified lolicon lol). But this IS Mokkan's story. This is the story of Keishin's basketball team.

I'm just hoping the core group of Mokkan, Maho, Saki, Airi, and Hinata will stay together and be part of the middle school team if there's already one in Keishin. But good Lord, please don't let the new coach be Ogasawara (the one who coached the elementary boys' team).

Mokkan's group can help build Keishin's middle school girls' team from the ground up if there isn't one yet, then the new coach and advisor will probably get 2nd and 3rd years to complete the team. If there's already one, well, fine.

Either way, though, they'll probably end up as bench players during their first year since the senpais will get to start anyway. Well, unless the senpais really suck, that is. And there's the team system to consider. As somebody noted before, Subaru's lineup is rather small (Airi's the only "big man") so his coaching style revolves around getting past the height advantage through speed, accurate shooting, and teamwork.

Now what if the starting lineup for the middle school girls team is composed mostly of biggies and the coach hates small girls for starters? So Mokkan's group will come off the bench whenever the coach wanted to go fast and small against bigger but slower defenders?

There's a better chance for Mokkan's group to get into the starting lineup if RKB Part 2 is set on their second or third years, as it would be the turn for Kagetsu's group to come in for the middle schoool team.

That said, I see the middle school team being modeled after OKC, like this one.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-05-18 at 08:16.
Old 2012-05-20, 06:37   Link #255
judasmartel
*Author

Anyways, since RKB seems to take on the girls' POV anyway, is anyone here interested in a fic about Subaru and/or Banri making it to the NBA?

Will consider playing nba 2k12 or 2k13 for this one.

EDIT: One more thing I've noticed in Episode 10 of the anime. Aoi was shown boxing out an opposing big as her teammate jacks up a potential game-winning shot that eventually missed, costing them the game.

So, she plays a Forward-Center?

That could also be a factor for Aoi wanting to help Airi sort out her height complex problem. OR anyone with good enough basketball IQ (yes, even Subaru can help out) can help out a big with size problems anyway.

Last edited by judasmartel; 2012-05-20 at 07:02.
Old 2012-05-22, 01:52   Link #256
stormtrooper

Quote:
Anyways, since RKB seems to take on the girls' POV anyway, is anyone here interested in a fic about Subaru and/or Banri making it to the NBA?
It could be hard unless we know a lot of details about the men's division of basketball in Ro-Kyu-Bu.
Old 2012-05-22, 02:04   Link #257
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Anyways, since RKB seems to take on the girls' POV anyway
Huh? How you get to this puzzles me as the story had always been told from Subaru's POV. In fact the novel written as being narrated by Subaru himself. Only during the girl's dairy exchange do you get a glimps of the girls.

Either way the girls are already itching about competition and winning after Chibi-Ribbon/Miyu's game anyway, there's no problem with that angle such that they need a new coach.
Old 2012-05-23, 01:50   Link #258
judasmartel
*Author

Because, well, if it IS from Subaru's POV, isn't it far-fetched that RKB will show Subaru playing in his high school team once again? And possibly with Banri, no less.

Still hoping for Mokkan's group to enter competition, though. But yes, they need a new coach to teach them to mature into having a winning mentality and at the same time balancing it with genuine love for the game that Subaru first taught them.
Old 2012-05-23, 03:38   Link #259
stormtrooper

Quote:
Because, well, if it IS from Subaru's POV, isn't it far-fetched that RKB will show Subaru playing in his high school team once again? And possibly with Banri, no less.
The story isn't like Slam Dunk and Kuroko but still how can it be from Subaru's POV when the girls get most of the spotlight?

Like I said earlier, the girls should have a new coach because Subaru and probably Aoi can't stay with them because they have their own careers to follow. Coaching change will move the story forward.
Old 2012-05-24, 01:03   Link #260
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
The story isn't like Slam Dunk and Kuroko but still how can it be from Subaru's POV when the girls get most of the spotlight?

Like I said earlier, the girls should have a new coach because Subaru and probably Aoi can't stay with them because they have their own careers to follow. Coaching change will move the story forward.
Exactly. That's why I said RKB IS Mokkan's story even though I also said before that RKB is also Subaru's story.

I could no longer agree less to the fact that Mokkan's group will need a new coach. I wonder what would s/he be like?

But come middle school though, some of them might spend time on the bench or even might not be admitted into the team at all if Keishin already has a middle school girls' team.

So I think it's best if Keishin doesn't have a middle school girls' team yet so Mokkan's group can build it from the ground up, with maybe some senpais, of course. But if there is, we can only hope all five of them (Tomoka, Saki, Airi, Maho, and Hinata) can enter the team. Of course, the author will include them in the middle school team, right? RIGHT?

Spoiler for How can the RKB girls enter the middle school team?:

Say, what do you think would Keishin Middle School Girls Team and Nashiba High School Boys Team be based from?

Keishin - modern-day Chicago Bulls or OKC Thunder
Nashiba - 90's Utah Jazz or 2000's era Phoenix Suns

Tags
comedy, shounen