AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 01:53   Link #1921
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
So let me get this straight. You expect Lelouch to be able to control every single Japanese person everywhere, somehow keep an entire country full of angry Japanese from retaliating against their oppressors, and have a perfect zero casualty rate? Stop trying to make fault where none exists. Lelouch isn't omnipotent. He made the best of a bad situation.
That's your idea of the best? Instead of trying to find reason you turn hate into a weapon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
What about her? She was a KMF pilot, and therefore a soldier.
They didn't know that, they where randomly attacking any Britannians they could find.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:58   Link #1922
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
That's your idea of the best? Instead of trying to find reason you turn hate into a weapon?
This is getting stupid. Get some perspective. The Britannians were shown massacring Japanese people in the SAZ on live television. Knightmares with automatic weapons killing unarmed civilians. Lelouch hadn't so much as said a word about it. What do you think people would have done if he had said absolutely nothing? "Oh, who cares if they slaughtered our people as long as we weren't there." You're not even thinking about this rationally. you just want to shove every single bad thing on Lelouch. Granted, he did start it with the command, but the ramifications could not be avoided, only lessened, and that's what Lelouch did.
Old 2008-10-16, 02:00   Link #1923
Charred Knight

Quote:
This is getting stupid. Get some perspective. The Britannians were shown massacring Japanese people in the SAZ on live television. Knightmares with automatic weapons killing unarmed civilians. Lelouch hadn't so much as said a word about it. What do you think people would have done if he had said absolutely nothing? "Oh, who cares if they slaughtered our people as long as we weren't there." You're not even thinking about this rationally. you just want to shove every single bad thing on Lelouch. Granted, he did start it with the command, but the ramifications could not be avoided, only lessened, and that's what Lelouch did.

He could have placed the blame on a more solid target than "Britannia", if Lelouch did lessen it, than he lessened it barely.
Old 2008-10-16, 02:05   Link #1924
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
He could have placed the blame on a more solid target than "Britannia", if Lelouch did lessen it, than he lessened it barely.
Britannian Knightmares were shown killing Japanese civilians. Furthermore, it's highly unlikely they managed to kill every single civilian, so people would know that Euphy ordered the massacre. Who is he possibly supposed to blame? Give a solid explanation as to how anyone but Britannia could possibly be held responsible for this massacre.
Old 2008-10-16, 02:24   Link #1925
Charred Knight

Quote:
Britannian Knightmares were shown killing Japanese civilians. Furthermore, it's highly unlikely they managed to kill every single civilian, so people would know that Euphy ordered the massacre. Who is he possibly supposed to blame? Give a solid explanation as to how anyone but Britannia could possibly be held responsible for this massacre.
Britannian Royal Family?

To quote Lust

Bloodshed begets bloodshed. Hatred begets hatred. The rage and emotion sinks into the land and stains it with the crest of blood. No matter how many times they repeat themselves, they never learn. These sad fools...
Old 2008-10-16, 02:29   Link #1926
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Britannian Royal Family?
Who control the Britannian military, enslaved Japan, and are directly responsible for the massacre. Are you even reading what you type? This is what it sounds like. "No, don't fight the Britannians. Just hate the royal family. All these people that murder in their name, they're cool." There's no logic behind your posts.
Old 2008-10-16, 02:53   Link #1927
Charred Knight

Quote:
Who control the Britannian military, enslaved Japan, and are directly responsible for the massacre. Are you even reading what you type? This is what it sounds like. "No, don't fight the Britannians. Just hate the royal family. All these people that murder in their name, they're cool." There's no logic behind your posts.
So the Britannian civilians murder in their name? Lelouch could have made it clear to hate the Britannian rulers, and military, instead Lelouch blamed the Britannian people.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:01   Link #1928
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
So the Britannian civilians murder in their name? Lelouch could have made it clear to hate the Britannian rulers, and military, instead Lelouch blamed the Britannian people.
Lelouch blamed Britannia, not its people. You're making more of his speech than is there. Listen carefully, because I'm getting tired of repeating myself to correct your horribly skewed viewpoint. Lelouch cannot be expected to control every single random civilian who has an axe to grind with Britannia. There were going to be riots, murder, etc. It. Was. Unavoidable. The Britannians had massacred a stadium full of innocent people, and people do not think rationally when confronted with such an atrocity. Lelouch made it so the majority would focus their rage on an appropriate target.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:03   Link #1929
Charred Knight

Quote:
Lelouch blamed Britannia, not its people. You're making more of his speech than is there. Listen carefully, because I'm getting tired of repeating myself to correct your horribly skewed viewpoint. Lelouch cannot be expected to control every single random civilian who has an axe to grind with Britannia. There were going to be riots, murder, etc. It. Was. Unavoidable. The Britannians had massacred a stadium full of innocent people, and people do not think rationally when confronted with such an atrocity. Lelouch made it so the majority would focus their rage on an appropriate target.
He didn't do a very good job of it, if that was his plan, it looks like he just made a riot worse.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:07   Link #1930
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
He didn't do a very good job of it, if that was his plan, it looks like he just made a riot worse.
Them attacking Villetta made the riot worse? You're grasping at straws. Uprisings are what started taking place after Lelouch's speech.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:10   Link #1931
Charred Knight

Quote:
Them attacking Villetta made the riot worse? You're grasping at straws. Uprisings are what started taking place after Lelouch's speech.
What are you talking about?

I believe that a more peaceful solution could have been made, that didn't make the hatred between Japanese and Britannians worse.

I am done arguing because this is getting nowhere I will believe what I believe, you believe what you believe.
Old 2008-10-16, 03:13   Link #1932
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
What are you talking about?

I believe that a more peaceful solution could have been made, that didn't make the hatred between Japanese and Britannians worse.

I am done arguing because this is getting nowhere I will believe what I believe, you believe what you believe.
Then explain your peaceful solution. All you're doing now is condemning Lelouch for making the best of a bad situation and offering nothing better.
Old 2008-10-16, 05:50   Link #1933
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I've been pondering about Euphemia's death.

Consider Mao, who's been filled with holes and left for dead. No one expected him to live after that. So how the heck was he able to walk again? He says "Britannia's medical technology is amazing", etc.

Now in Euphy's case, she just took one bullet. Yet she died. :/

I suppose it was a matter of being hit in a vital organ. But looking back Mao's firing squad scene, what were the chances of not being hit in a vital organ when there's about a dozen police officers shooting you with machine guns?
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 06:26   Link #1934
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its only a matter of whether the plot requires who to live or die, we can't bring up facts and science to prove/disprove or understand why in these cases.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 07:01   Link #1935
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I can definitely agree with your general statement. but I'm interested in knowing what others think about it.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 09:59   Link #1936
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for length:
Wow! Thank you so much for the translation. I'm not able to +rep you now. Shall do that when I'm able to.

As expected from the title of a Taste of Dirt, Lelouch had 'a taste of it'. Referring to Suzaku stepping on his head scene . He is really doing well despite being the former prince of Britannia. This is really a fun section to tease Lelouch . What?! they called him an obasan. How cute Rolo-rag has to be one of his most classic quote to render them the release of a rag with the first press of the DVD vol. 2.

Well, Suzaku's cat is indeed loyal but making a grave for him is too much. We never know since this is Code Geass . Who knows, Arthur could be a human whose Geass allows him to transfer soul to a cat (Darker than Black reference ).

Posting up the rest of the wordy scans.

Spoiler for length:

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 13:17   Link #1937
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
I've been pondering about Euphemia's death.

Consider Mao, who's been filled with holes and left for dead. No one expected him to live after that. So how the heck was he able to walk again? He says "Britannia's medical technology is amazing", etc.

Now in Euphy's case, she just took one bullet. Yet she died. :/

I suppose it was a matter of being hit in a vital organ. But looking back Mao's firing squad scene, what were the chances of not being hit in a vital organ when there's about a dozen police officers shooting you with machine guns?
Euphemia was clearly a massive pussy for dying from only one gunshot wound.
Old 2008-10-16, 13:20   Link #1938
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Euphemia was clearly a massive pussy for dying from only one gunshot wound.
It's not about how many times you get shot. It's all about whether your life or death will have a more profound effect on the plot. (If only real life were such.)
Old 2008-10-16, 14:44   Link #1939
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
It's not about how many times you get shot. It's all about whether your life or death will have a more profound effect on the plot. (If only real life were such.)
It is how many times you are shot for important characters at least

Mao - Multiple Gunshot wounds survives
Mao - shot once dies
Cornelia - Multiple gun shot wounds that miss the femoral Artery survives
Genbu - shot once dies
Euphemia - shot once dies
Old 2008-10-16, 16:16   Link #1940
Eggs in a Bottle
Ehh I love suits?

I just wanted to comment that I tried to research the Geass "universe" and found just more people having their own perceptions of the story:

Quote:
According to an English edition of Newtype, the power of Geass has something to do with the very existence of humankind, and it may be used to destroy or transform just about anything. This is because the "god" of the Geass universe is actually a collection of subconscious and will that are always in conflict, and one with a powerful Geass could influence it, and with a proper system, can also influence reality.
I mean uhh so the gods were the subconscious and will of mankind having humanoid shapes and flying in the dreamland skies, and if you have Geass, you can influence the gods (you don't need a proper system for this), and then if you have a proper system, you can influence the reality too?

I mean hell what the...

This with the fact that EVERYBODY believe Lelouch used Geass on the GOOOODS, instead of just sending a wish to the skies (he said that he's just sending a wish, and I believe the gods weren't too happy when they noticed what Charles was cooking down there) with the fact that he is a special person linked to godhood since he has Geass. I mean if the creators really ment that he used Geass on the gods themselves...

The only possible explanation to this all, and I read this on some other forums, would be that the codes, gods, geass power and everything would be a prison planet system as in GunxSword, but different. Sooo the gods aren't immune to Geass, because there's just this very complicated system of dividing power with the coders being not able to do anything and being immortal at the same time, and having to use other people to use Geass powers. And the gods don't actually have divine powers, they are just overlords of the planet. And they aren't any subconscious but rather just people who have stayed chained in dreamland for eternity, and for some reason they can't do shit except make people vanish.

Edit: I am confused after reading my own post. Let's just call it like I first thought it was, gods are gods and the Sword of Akasha was a suicide ritual!

Last edited by Eggs in a Bottle; 2008-10-16 at 16:35.
Eggs in a Bottle is offline   Reply With Quote