2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 0.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 72 5.80%
Voters: 1241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-28, 10:09   Link #861
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I loved this series as a whole, really. I would give it a 9/10. But it's sad that in the end, not a lot of mysteries are resolved and even the ending about how the war stopped feels not so right. I mean, lelouch is dead, one man is dead and now everything is kinda ok. A bit hard to swallow.
And that man (man meaning 2 men Suzaku and Lelouch) was the coolest character, IMO, in the series. Yes, they are of one body let's call him Luzaku!
nexocentric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:11   Link #862
Kushi

Mmm excellent episode.... was quite surprising actually how they pulled it off. The only thing I have to critize is the fact that the last like 4 episodes sucked so then they kind of screwed up the plot. However judging from the cards they had left and how they played it, they excuted it perfectly.... the only thing I could have done without is Nunnally's crying [ok, that was WAY too sad, I think I cried a bucket when I saw that].... and uhm I kinda wished there was some sort of romance *with C.C* but hell I would have been happy if Lulu told kallen he loved her... w/e... Anyways this whole series has been somewhat entertaining, R2 wasn't great, but season 1 was... and this episode was actually even better than the season 1 ending. So I'll give this episode a 10 out of 10, and series wise, I'll give it a 8 out of 10
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:12   Link #863
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

"I'll be waiting on the other side, Suzaku."

Spoiler for Gundam Wing:

I wish they could've been a little more original. Besides, the deaths of 2 men is not enough to create world peace.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:13   Link #864
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Why is Nunnally still in a wheelchair?

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:14   Link #865
Shadows_Esper
That guy over there

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Legs still got shot, what else?
Shadows_Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:14   Link #866
Bombo
TSF Fans

So sad ending like that...
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:15   Link #867
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Because her legs can never be healed?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:15   Link #868
Water
イデアがない。

For now, we are still unsure how the "Code transfer logic" work. It is possible that the Code has been transferred form Charles, upon his death, to Lelouch.

I have a feeling that Lelouch didn’t know that he inherited the Code from Charles. He wanted to die, only to find himself waking up in a country site, with C.C at his side.
Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:15   Link #869
Shrew

Send a message via AIM to Shrew Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder strike View Post
So sad ending like that...
I loved the ending and entire series.

10/10 best anime by far (imo)
Shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:16   Link #870
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
"I'll be waiting on the other side, Suzaku."

Spoiler for Gundam Wing:

I wish they could've been a little more original. Besides, the deaths of 2 men is not enough to create world peace.
It's sunrise and bandai. Same story new twist slap a new name on it. Do I buy it? HELLLLLLLLLL YEAAAAHHHH!!!!! Come on 00!! Only on week left!!!
Old 2008-09-28, 10:17   Link #871
zalem

Overall, I loved it. I thought it was a fitting end. Even if they killed off my favorite character. Well I suspected Zero Requiem was something like this......get the world united against him and then take himself out of the picture somehow. I just didn't realize he'd have himself killed by "Zero." Knew it was Suzaku the moment he started dodging those bullets. Who else can dodge bullets like Zerozaku? And yeah, it seems pretty clear Jeremiah was in on the plan. He didn't make any effort to stop Suzaku and then he said something "go masked knight."

While I'm sad we didn't get a final Kallen and Lulu scene, at the very least she seemed to understand his plan in the end and she still clearly loves him. LOL. No true resolution to the romance though...as expected.

So basically now the world is united, and the lolis seem to rule it. LOLI PEACE. Suzaku is with Nunnally in the end. I suppose Lulu knew he could trust Suzaku to take care of her.

Lelouch, you're awesome and GAR to the very end. RIP.

(And no, I'm not one of those people who believe he is alive. C.C. wouldn't have been crying like that when Lulu died if she knew he would come out of it alive some how. He's dead people. Accept it. C.C. has always liked to talk to herself. Well sometimes she talked to people in her head, but that's different. Though I wonder if she can speak to him somehow from the world of C?)
Old 2008-09-28, 10:21   Link #872
SoSoo

I wonder that how CC can make the paper bird?

For what I know, Sayoko, Lulu, and Nanally can make it. Not so sure about CC
SoSoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:22   Link #873
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
By the way, everytime somebody says something like "Knowing Sunrise" I can't help but think "Pfffft...no you don't".
I'm terribly sorry, but I just could not resist returning this sentence to you, off-topically.

Quote:
Everytime somebody says something like "Knowing Kyo-Ani" I can't help but think "Pfffft...no you don't".

Now don't get me wrong, mate. Like you, I too am baffled at all the overreaction by this "train wreck" ending.

Now back on topic, I just noticed Schneizel (his eyes are still under Geass mode) has become Nunally and Zero-zaku's attendant, or is it Combat Butler?

I can't believe Brutus Ougi ends up as the new PM of Japan, he has no idea if it weren't for Lulu, he wouldn't be where he was now. At least Kallen, Kaguya, Nunally, and maybe Cornelia, has the decency to realize that.

Quite a grand guest list for the wedding of a Prime Minister, though Xingke is notably absent. Also congrats to Chiba for finally tying the knot with Toudou.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:23   Link #874
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
damn, can't read all of those pages...

i have yet to see the episode so i cant really make an accurate judgement but from what i can get from the bits and pieces of information here it seems that it's really a sad ending personally i'm saddened by the fact lelouch had to die and how seemingly unaffected or at least how little it affected the people around him is, especially nunally. i hate how they're all happy happy in the wedding. i want a season three where nunally seeks revenge for her brother

but trying to see it as it is, devoid of how i want it to end... it's a great end to the show. it delivers in impact and nicely rolls up the drama that was made. sure details of geass and such weren't tied up but you gotta take what you can the ambiguity at the end isn't really all that bad, not everything in a story needs to be close, it's a continued story after all

i hope they come out with extra stuff, like a retelling of the events from lelouch's perspective and we see him alive and reminiscin about the past (and we see him with cc )
tzia_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:24   Link #875
zalem

Schneizel is Nunnally's butler. lol. I did think it very odd that Lulu's order to him was "Obey Zero." That set alarm bells off, but I didn't think Suzaku of all people would be the one to turn up as Zero.
Old 2008-09-28, 10:25   Link #876
Annaova

Quote:
Originally Posted by RukiaKarine View Post
Spoiler for True or False?:

he look like kira to me instead of lulu
Annaova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:27   Link #877
CapoExecutor
In R'lyeh where he dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Esper View Post
Legs still got shot, what else?
Wasn't that part of the fake memory and how is it that there isn't any scarring on her knees? Surely, even the best surgeons couldn't prevent scarring from happening.

ACQUIRING COMPLETE.
CapoExecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:28   Link #878
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
damn, can't read all of those pages...

i have yet to see the episode so i cant really make an accurate judgement but from what i can get from the bits and pieces of information here it seems that it's really a sad ending personally i'm saddened by the fact lelouch had to die and how seemingly unaffected or at least how little it affected the people around him is, especially nunally.
What? Nunnally was devastated. She was screaming and crying. Sure later they show her and she seems ok, but we don't know how much time has passed. I think several months at least considering how big Villetta's belly is. I'm sure she is still sad, but she has to move on. Otherwise Lulu's sacrifice would be in vain. She has a duty to uphold the new world he created.
Old 2008-09-28, 10:29   Link #879
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために

Just watched the episode. Good, Code Geass will be remembered in my list of most memorable anime.

Spoiler for Thoughts:

It's definitely the best anime this season. C.C.'s name is not revealed. I hope the director will reveal it in an interview or a special DVD if there will be any in the future.

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-28, 10:30   Link #880
nexocentric
俺は!僕は…あたしは?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaova View Post
he look like kira to me instead of lulu
Is that gif a wide screen version? Because I looked at it on my TV just now I didn't see any left panning.....it was most def panning straight up... that gif could have been faked....