AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-12-20, 10:55   Link #2621
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think she did...but even if she didn't, teens are always growing^^
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 11:04   Link #2622
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm suprised that Simon died at all. But yeh Fairy Tail is doing better job than Bleach in that area.
He couldn't be allowed to live as someone not named Jellal who romantically liked Erza. ( in a non-comical manner like Ichiya. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 11:15   Link #2623
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
I would take ''almost no deaths'' over ''only bad guy die'' any day. Besides, Fairy Tail is made in such a way that absence of deaths (except some people that died in the past/offscreen and Simon) and blood is forgivable. Well, for me anyway.
Old 2010-12-20, 11:20   Link #2624
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep59:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
He couldn't be allowed to live as someone not named Jellal who romantically liked Erza. ( in a non-comical manner like Ichiya. )
Damn straight, the man overstept his role . Well could argue about Gray's feelings towards Erza, but can be hidden with Fairy Tail comrade feelings. Plus he's a main character which gives him thicker plot shielding than Simon.
Old 2010-12-20, 12:22   Link #2625
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
That being said, that last scene with the super slow-motion and the wavering hands was quite overly dramatic to the point of it being somewhat gaudy, I would say. It would be fine for a 'fall from the cliff' scenario, but for just falling to the ground? orz.
I'll agree it was pretty cheesy, though i was totally attached to that scene, thanks to perfect music placement and touching dialogue.

The first Erza/Jellal scene with him finding out what he's done in the past was fantastic. So glad they used 'Reminiscence ~Sad Soul~', which was used a lot during said arc. Jellal's tears were so heavy to watch. Fantastic job there Namikawa Daisuke.
Old 2010-12-20, 14:11   Link #2626
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 59:
Old 2010-12-20, 14:35   Link #2627
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

As I've been saying since episode 58 I was waiting on the Lucy X Natsu moments and they really didn't disappoint.
Lucy was just adorable when she blushed<3

Because I got what I wanted the rest of the ep kinda fell into a "yea ok cool....I want moar Lucy X Natsu!" safe to say it got me on a high

The Erza/Jellal scenes were pretty good but this sudden urge I had for the Lucy X Natsu kinda made me not care much for anything else.

No idea why I got this need for Lucy X Natsu, I just hope this urge doesn't cross over to the manga-__-
Old 2010-12-20, 22:06   Link #2628
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Came for the Erza/Jellal scenes.
Me too I skipped watching the last episode of OreImo yesterday just for this.

But Natsu and Lucy turns out to be pretty good, if short and ambiguous. (As always)

Quote:
Stayed for the hnggggghhhhh added scenes with shota Jellal ( as well as that one shot with evil shota Jellal + Brain + Hoteye ) with loli-er Wendy.
First Erza, now Wendy... 'Jellal' is such a heartbreaker...

Quote:
That being said, that last scene with the super slow-motion and the wavering hands was quite overly dramatic to the point of it being somewhat gaudy, I would say. It would be fine for a 'fall from the cliff' scenario, but for just falling to the ground? orz.
The whole scene felt overdramatic. I cringed when Jellal started crying over what Erza took him about all the horrible things he did... I mean... Really ? Go back to being a heartbreaker...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:29   Link #2629
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The whole scene felt overdramatic. I cringed when Jellal started crying over what Erza took him about all the horrible things he did... I mean... Really ? Go back to being a heartbreaker...
Well, when it came to scenes like those, you do have to excuse some cheesiness and drama. Besides, in a way, it felt to me like Jellal had pseudo-reverted back to back before he got possessed by Fake Ghost Zeref with the side-effect of losing his memory. So... kinda like mental re-shota-fication? ( Jellal was always mature despite being kid anyway. )

It just kinda choked a bit higher at that last scene. It was okayyyy.... emotional speeches, amnesia, confused hearts, tears, choking.... cheeesy, but not too bad.... okay, what's with his pained up look... speech about evil, hatred, freedom.... what's this sudden slooooooowwwwwwwwmooooooo with the youu areee freeee scene.

I don't mean that in a bad way, mind. Cheese is better than gritty realism when it came to adolescent drama, but it got a little unexpectedly sweeter at the end. :3

As for being a heartbreaker... I'd say he's doing a really really fine job as he is already.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:54   Link #2630
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, when it came to scenes like those, you do have to excuse some cheesiness and drama. Besides, in a way, it felt to me like Jellal had pseudo-reverted back to back before he got possessed by Fake Ghost Zeref with the side-effect of losing his memory. So... kinda like mental re-shota-fication? ( Jellal was always mature despite being kid anyway. )
Oh sure I understand that, but to me it felt weird not because he's Jellal, but because he's suppose to have lost his memories! If he had revert back to pre-evil then that's fine with me- But that doesn't seem to be the case.

Quote:
As for being a heartbreaker... I'd say he's doing a really really fine job as he is already.
Heh, they stop at the really good part
Old 2010-12-20, 22:56   Link #2631
KrimzonStriker

I often thought people who lose there memories revert to a more pre-adolescent state myself, their often referred too as being helpless as a child, at least that was my impression anyway.
Old 2010-12-20, 22:58   Link #2632
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Bad boy has his charm
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 23:03   Link #2633
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I often thought people who lose there memories revert to a more pre-adolescent state myself, their often referred too as being helpless as a child, at least that was my impression anyway.
Well different Memories are stored in different parts of the Brain, in most cases it's the... What do you call it again- Episodic memory, that is lost.

Seeing as how Jellal can still walk, talk and perform complex magic spells, I would say this is the case for him as well.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:05   Link #2634
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

You know this brings up the question of how Jellal even had a body left.
Old 2010-12-20, 23:11   Link #2635
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
First Erza, now Wendy... 'Jellal' is such a heartbreaker...
Spoiler for Next:
Old 2010-12-20, 23:13   Link #2636
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite_Coke View Post
Spoiler for Next:
You mean

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-21, 00:41   Link #2637
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Well different Memories are stored in different parts of the Brain, in most cases it's the... What do you call it again- Episodic memory, that is lost.

Seeing as how Jellal can still walk, talk and perform complex magic spells, I would say this is the case for him as well.
Could be self-repression then, mixed in with a bit of haze as to his own motivations when he was evil, given that he was kind of brain-washed at the time. If there's no outside influence to direct him after so many years under it I'd likely be confused as well. Thus we can still kind of make an argument that he reverts back to his pre-adolescent state, not in terms of his state of mind but in personality.
Old 2010-12-21, 03:19   Link #2638
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
You know this brings up the question of how Jellal even had a body left.
I could list a thousand questions related to Fairy Tail, though you just don't ask them. It'll destroy's the fun element.
Old 2010-12-21, 03:45   Link #2639
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I could list a thousand questions related to Fairy Tail, though you just don't ask them. It'll destroy's the fun element.
There's a lot of things I'm willing to overlook, especially in a manga as fun as Fairy Tail, but the Jellal thing is a violation of sanity.
Old 2010-12-21, 04:08   Link #2640
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
There's a lot of things I'm willing to overlook, especially in a manga as fun as Fairy Tail, but the Jellal thing is a violation of sanity.
All the King's horses and men put Humpy-Dumpy back together again....

(When he takes out his shirt, you'll see the sitches)

...Minus a few brain cells are so happen to be for storing memories... You can't get back lost brain cells >.>

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen