AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2013-03-14, 06:44   Link #32021
battle22

Thanks Wanderer.
Damn I'm kinda excited XD.
Old 2013-03-14, 06:56   Link #32022
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

minor corrections:
まだ興奮が覚めません

This actually means "I'm still excited"

and the うーーん at the end isn't the "no" ううん, but the noise you make when "holding up excitement".
Old 2013-03-14, 07:12   Link #32023
Wanderer
Goat

Yeah, I get it now- I misinterpreted how 覚める was being used.

Now it makes perfect sense. I re-edited it.

Thanks.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 08:22   Link #32024
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

For more context, "Partner" (Aibou) is the name of a long-running detective drama.
Old 2013-03-14, 12:05   Link #32025
Golden Bug-Hunter

Excellent news. Made my day.
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 13:20   Link #32026
Uberzaki

b-b-b-but I've only started reading through Umineko again! And I don't think I've even solved it half-way! The game that I can never win is that dream prospect for me, as a gamer, but in such a case I would only ever want or need one!

-----------------------------------

Umineko no Naku Koro Ni Name Meanings and Origins
Uberzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 13:58   Link #32027
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I'll do my best. Corrections welcome.

--------------------------

僕がテレビでドラマ見ても、大抵の場合、“同業者アイ”が働いてしまって、面白い面白くないじゃなく、“シ ナリオが上手いな”とか“それが見せたい絵だったのね”みたいなシナリオ技術的なものを見てしまうのですが ……。

今日の相棒は面白かった!!!
まだ興奮が覚めません。
うーーん、本当に面白かった!!

畜生畜生スゴイスゴイ! ヤバイよ胸が熱くなる!
“なく頃に”のプロット作り、もっかい練り直すぜ!!

When I watch a TV drama, I always end up viewing it as another writer's "work", not looking at whether it's enjoyable or not, but as a technical thing- "is it a good scenario?" or "ah, this is the 'picture' they wanted to show me."...But...

Today's 'partner' was really enjoyable!!!
I'm still exited.
Maaaan... it really was enjoyable!!!

Dammit dammit, so amazing! Uh oh, my passion is burning!
I'm gonna try making another When They Cry plot!!

------------------------

So, yeah, sounds like it's gonna happen. Anyone know if this summer's release of Rose Guns Days is its last installment?
Unless there's a change of plans, it was mentioned before in his blog that Rose Guns Days would go up to season 4 (winter)
Old 2013-03-14, 21:21   Link #32028
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Just another minor thing:
“なく頃に”のプロット作り、もっかい練り直すぜ!! would be closer to "Let's go and revise the plot structure of "When they cry" once again!!"
Nerinaosu means to work something over and make it better, so this doesn't immediately imply a NEW When they Cry, just that Mr.07 is apparently reworking some of the elements of that universe again. Last time it brought us witches, let's see what it gives us this time.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-14, 23:18   Link #32029
RandomAvatarFan

He did mention that he might try to rework Umineko. But, I think if he's reworking the WTC universe, he might want to reveal it in a new scenario. Or, one can hope.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 06:01   Link #32030
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
For more context, "Partner" (Aibou) is the name of a long-running detective drama.
Ah that makes sense. I didn't even know that myself. Now I kinda wanna see this episode that impressed Ryukishi so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
Just another minor thing:
“なく頃に”のプロット作り、もっかい練り直すぜ!! would be closer to "Let's go and revise the plot structure of "When they cry" once again!!"
Nerinaosu means to work something over and make it better, so this doesn't immediately imply a NEW When they Cry, just that Mr.07 is apparently reworking some of the elements of that universe again. Last time it brought us witches, let's see what it gives us this time.
I did think it might read that way (thanks for the confirmation/clarification), but I still don't see how "revising the plot structure of the When They Cry universe" could mean something other than a new When They Cry. Considering the content of the rest if his message, I'm pretty certain that he at least wants to make a new When They Cry. My only concern is whether Ryukishi's imagination still has the creative resources to give Umineko a respectable sequel, and I wouldn't be too surprised if he backs off of it because he can't come up with a new concept that satisfies him.

So yeah, while it seems likely, I wouldn't hold my breath until he says something more concrete.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 07:07   Link #32031
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

SWEET. I Really LOVE Rose Gun Days, but more when they cry would be really nice, and more importantly more mystery titles from ryu most likely
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 12:32   Link #32032
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
I did think it might read that way (thanks for the confirmation/clarification), but I still don't see how "revising the plot structure of the When They Cry universe" could mean something other than a new When They Cry. Considering the content of the rest if his message, I'm pretty certain that he at least wants to make a new When They Cry.
Well, I think we just need to remember how long they milked the Higurashi cow and tweaked and twiddled here and there on the Higurashi part of "When They Cry". Could also be that he is simply planning some more additions to Umineko, as the manga is coming close to an end, a bridge work between several of the earlier entries, or simply some bonus stuff he wants to throw into Rose Gun Days.

Btw. has anybody else already read how the scene of Battler's realization in the ???? Part of EP5 turned out in the manga? Didn't have the time or money to get it till now.
I kind of liked it how they inserted a young Battler making the promise to "Beatrice" back then, it makes the whole scene a little bit clearer about what he actually realized when he said that "The goal wasn't down in Hell, but at the summit of mount purgatory where the eternal maiden Beatrice awaits."

And I think I finally understand what the hell the hint in that scene was and feel pretty dumb. Battler awakens and finds Beatrice having been reduced to a pile of ashes with only the tattered remains of a golden butterfly remaining on top, of which he can take one wing and hold it to his heart. So that golden butterfly was apparently a hint towards the damn broach the whole time.
Old 2013-03-15, 13:30   Link #32033
RandomAvatarFan

Not enough creative resources? What do you mean by that?

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 05:16   Link #32034
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Not enough creative resources? What do you mean by that?
I think that was referring to the fact that many people already complained about some strained efforts to connect Higurashi and Umineko, as well as Umineko itself being a little farfetched in the end. If he really was to write another part that was connected to the whole Kakera universe, you never know the impact it might have on what came before.

I don't know where I stand on that, as I see Umineko as the more mature work compared to Higurashi and actually do prefer it, but I have to agree that it is always risky to create a too grand universe. I wouldn't mind him going on with the concept, but I also fear that it might turn out repetitive if he doesn't give it a completely new twist this time around.
Old 2013-03-16, 08:18   Link #32035
battle22

Was reading EP2. It feels so strange that Gohda is defending Shannon so strongly, when they try to lie that 'Kanon' attacked and 'killed' Kumasawa and Nanjo. Gohda, along with Genji and Rosa are accomplices. Could Yasu threatened them with the bomb? That would probably make sense. But still, Gohda tried to defend Shannon too hard, unless of course he did it to win over her heart. Come to think of it, Gohda does that a lot with the siblings. Oh this might make sense.
Old 2013-03-17, 12:22   Link #32036
tantei okuoku
Mystery Otaku

It is not like witches were not hinted at in higurashi. they were just never explicitly called witches. I mean Rika does actually seem like a witch to me.

So for umineko it's a question of what you thing was hinted at but was not really dived into.
tantei okuoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 02:14   Link #32037
haguruma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantei okuoku View Post
It is not like witches were not hinted at in higurashi. they were just never explicitly called witches. I mean Rika does actually seem like a witch to me.

So for umineko it's a question of what you thing was hinted at but was not really dived into.
Well, in Saikoroshi-hen, at least the VN, the dimension hopping part of Rika, Frederica Bernkastel, was actually called a witch. So in a way he only took that concept a step further by creating the whole alcove of witches in Umineko. Still at certain points it seems a little strained.
Old 2013-03-18, 16:35   Link #32038
magnum12

Some things about the whole
Spoiler for spoilers for last two novels:
bug me. Due to the context of their presentation, the theory to me simply stinks of "red fish", the kind that would go good with a lemon wedge and a side of fries. Might as well just bring out my theories regarding it. Have fun.

Spoiler for spoiler for last two novels:

Spoiler for spoiler for 8th novel:

Spoiler for spoilers for 3rd and 8th novel:
magnum12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:04   Link #32039
Golden Bug-Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnum12 View Post
Some things about the whole
Spoiler for spoilers for last two novels:
bug me. Due to the context of their presentation, the theory to me simply stinks of "red fish", the kind that would go good with a lemon wedge and a side of fries. Might as well just bring out my theories regarding it. Have fun.
My understanding is that this theory was something Ryukishi included because it was so popular on the message boards at the time. It was acknowledged as the theory most commonly believed by readers, hence so many goats embracing it. My knowledge of Japanese is weak, though, so I can't confirm that.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler for last two novels:
Well...

Spoiler:

Quote:

so, to combine those two theories, you're suggesting...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler for spoilers for 3rd and 8th novel:
Spoiler:

So, my idea for putting the pieces together goes something like this...

Spoiler for My theory about Prime:
Golden Bug-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 23:42   Link #32040
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Bug-Hunter View Post
So, my idea for putting the pieces together goes something like this...

Spoiler for My theory about Prime:
What about the bit about Eva's diary being the truth? It COULD be that it was truth in that it was what she believed (i.e. Gold Truth), or maybe she only placed in her diary the scenes she saw directly? The events might have just strongly suggested Rudolf/Kyrie as culprits, but I think the thought of her not pouring her own interpretations into the diary is a bit of a stretch.

I agree with the rest though.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote