AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-10, 23:57   Link #1581
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Already? But what about the christmas releases?
He means Skyrim won Spike Video Game Award's "Game of the Year" prize.

Oops, and after posting this I realize that you mean "Christmas's releases that could be GOTY" not "GOTY edition of Skyrim" :P

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.

Last edited by Alaya; 2011-12-11 at 00:23.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 00:22   Link #1582
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What exactly is coming out christmas that has a chance of beating skyrim?
Old 2011-12-11, 00:53   Link #1583
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My dark elf lives to kill every single human in Windhelm even if it takes a console command to allow it Make their worst fears true and then kill all the witnesses
Surely not every human in Windhelm. Brunwulf Freewinter is actually the nicest Nord you'd EVER meet in Skyrim.
Old 2011-12-11, 01:04   Link #1584
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Well, opinions, you know?

I mean, I enjoyed Skyrim, but as a person who doesn't really care about sandboxes, there was somewhat limited story-driven gameplay for me in Skyrim, so for me, Skyrim would hardly be the Game of the Year.

I'm well aware that my disdain for sandbox focused gameplay is in the minority though, so I won't bat an eyelash if Skyrim does win that award. In fact, I'd say it's a shoe-in.

But, from my perspective, as a person who enjoys stories more than sandboxes, there's at least one game coming this Christmas with a far better story than any of those found within Skyrim, and that's Star Wars the Old Republic, and I know that because I've already played through half of the stories within it. Nevermind the plethora of games from earlier this year with far better stories (Witcher 2, for instance).

Also, just to make sure we stay on topic here, am I the only one that wonders why most of the female NPCs seem to use the male skeleton for animations, when there is obviously a female one, which you can easily see by making a female character and comparing her various poses vs that of most of the female NPCs.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 03:51   Link #1585
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Thank you all for your inputs ^^, i wanted to create a new char and try to be more positive with that one (not dissing out my old assassin one but i want to go unarmed badass to XD, with some destruction magic), the one problem i do have with Skyrim is that you don't have many chances to be a positive character, pretty much it pushes you towards an evil path, ex: daedra weapons, thieves guild, Maven Black-Briar...
Old 2011-12-11, 04:23   Link #1586
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
Thank you all for your inputs ^^, i wanted to create a new char and try to be more positive with that one (not dissing out my old assassin one but i want to go unarmed badass to XD, with some destruction magic), the one problem i do have with Skyrim is that you don't have many chances to be a positive character, pretty much it pushes you towards an evil path, ex: daedra weapons, thieves guild, Maven Black-Briar...
I'm quite a "positive character" through. Did not join thief or DB, and have always avoided or chosen the more moral options for Daeric quests....

..until i got an arrow to my knees. By the Imperials. All their camps were then slayed, sparing WIA soldiers
Old 2011-12-11, 04:25   Link #1587
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

I tried to play the positive character, but Skyrim actively punishes you for doing so. Still, I'm not going to join the DB. I don't use daggers/sneaking and don't care for horses. I'm also trying to weed out the good and/or close-to-neutral daedra from the outright evil. So from both these decisions I'll miss out on loot and a ton of achievements, seems just like bad planning from Bethesda but to be expected.

It's still a legendary game, a worthy winner of GOTY and moreso than any other game could really benefit from some massive DLC and expansions.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 04:42   Link #1588
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It's easy to play a straight-up good guy in Skyrim, like your Heavy-Armor Wearing Restoration-using Paladin archetype, it's just playing morally grey is not only much more rewarding, it's also fun. Says much about the setting really, given how widespread Daedric worship was in Oblivion.
Old 2011-12-11, 04:51   Link #1589
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It's easy to play a straight-up good guy in Skyrim, like your Heavy-Armor Wearing Restoration-using Paladin archetype, it's just playing morally grey is not only much more rewarding, it's also fun. Says much about the setting really, given how widespread Daedric worship was in Oblivion.
I guess that's something predictable about Skyrim, good moral decisions almost never get you rewards. You never will get into a situation, where the random guys you decided not to kill in town, hand you a key for some awesome loots

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2011-12-11 at 05:22.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 04:52   Link #1590
Who

The only positive daedras in the game which I ran into are Azura, Meridia and I guess Sheogorath. Are there others? I'm sure there are at least neutral ones like Hircine and Nocturnal
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 04:54   Link #1591
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

What really lacks though is being able to do quests for the vigils i mean common good faction in Skyrim and they didn't thought people might want to join them ? :P That and the fact that i can't kill/arrest Maven/Thieves guild and the blades is pretty much the things that i have discontent with this game, other then that its fine.
Old 2011-12-11, 05:01   Link #1592
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
The only positive daedras in the game which I ran into are Azura, Meridia and I guess Sheogorath. Are there others? I'm sure there are at least neutral ones like Hircine and Nocturnal
You forgot Sanguine, who's simply looking for a good time His quest line is basically "Dude, Where's My Car?!" or "The Hangover" Skyrim style... which means it's actually more tame than those two

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:18   Link #1593
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Yeah really Azura and Meridia are the only good ones, Sheogorath more fits into neutral, or perhaps his own category of "bonkers".

For evil I'm thinking Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon (of course), Molag Bal, Namira and Vaermina.

Boethiah and Mephala are both considered good by the Dunmer, so that's enough to qualify them as neutral in my book.

That all said, I've only done Azura, Meridia, Sheogorath and Peryite. It's not as easy playing the good guy (and resisting temptation) as you'd think
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 06:40   Link #1594
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Well, opinions, you know?

I mean, I enjoyed Skyrim, but as a person who doesn't really care about sandboxes, there was somewhat limited story-driven gameplay for me in Skyrim, so for me, Skyrim would hardly be the Game of the Year.

I'm well aware that my disdain for sandbox focused gameplay is in the minority though, so I won't bat an eyelash if Skyrim does win that award. In fact, I'd say it's a shoe-in.

But, from my perspective, as a person who enjoys stories more than sandboxes, there's at least one game coming this Christmas with a far better story than any of those found within Skyrim, and that's Star Wars the Old Republic, and I know that because I've already played through half of the stories within it. Nevermind the plethora of games from earlier this year with far better stories (Witcher 2, for instance).

Also, just to make sure we stay on topic here, am I the only one that wonders why most of the female NPCs seem to use the male skeleton for animations, when there is obviously a female one, which you can easily see by making a female character and comparing her various poses vs that of most of the female NPCs.
But its not about just you, its about EEEEVERYone and no game in december is coming close to Skyrim's fan amount.
Old 2011-12-11, 06:49   Link #1595
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Not as much as I expected, turns out. But the Old Republic has a fair chance, being both Star Wars and Bioware. Two big names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delorean2200 View Post
I see Daedra weapons as slaying evil and putting their corpses to the service of good.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:01   Link #1596
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Not as much as I expected, turns out. But the Old Republic has a fair chance, being both Star Wars and Bioware. Two big names.

Oh duh I did forget TOR, But it's a MMO, has world of warcraft won GOTY? I don't recall >_>
Old 2011-12-11, 07:16   Link #1597
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well Skyrim is the GOTY.

Spoiler for See:
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:33   Link #1598
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You forgot Sanguine, who's simply looking for a good time His quest line is basically "Dude, Where's My Car?!" or "The Hangover" Skyrim style... which means it's actually more tame than those two
I don't know how I could've forgotten him... I feel so ashamed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
Yeah really Azura and Meridia are the only good ones, Sheogorath more fits into neutral, or perhaps his own category of "bonkers".

For evil I'm thinking Malacath, Mehrunes Dagon (of course), Molag Bal, Namira and Vaermina.

Boethiah and Mephala are both considered good by the Dunmer, so that's enough to qualify them as neutral in my book.

That all said, I've only done Azura, Meridia, Sheogorath and Peryite. It's not as easy playing the good guy (and resisting temptation) as you'd think
Namira's quest is pretty black and white, in my opinion. I think that, combined with the Forsworn rebellion and another quest, left Markarth as a ghost town in my save. I regret nothing.

Also, Dual Flurry and daggers is amazingggggggg. It's a pity daggers aren't affected by fortify enchantments.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 07:34   Link #1599
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
But its not about just you, its about EEEEVERYone and no game in december is coming close to Skyrim's fan amount.
Don't be silly... is what I'd like to say, but Skyrim sold 3.5 million units in the first 48 hours. That's a fantastic number. TOR has around 2.5-3 million preorders however (1 million physical copies in the USA; add Europe and add digital sales), so I expect it to come close if not surpass Skyrim.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 08:14   Link #1600
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
BF3 is way better than MW3
Batman isnt a 360 exclusive
Mortal Kombat pales in comparison to serious fighting games
sigh, who de heck voted this...

Can't argue with Skyrim though, game's beasty.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim