AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-23, 02:43   Link #481
MichiNekoChan
::::D

Send a message via AIM to MichiNekoChan
I watched the 3 episodes all at once today, because I had forgotten about this series, then rewatched it again with my boyfriend.

What I didn't notice first time around... in the very first episode, about 23-27 seconds in, the little blood balloons... they have numbers on them? ( I saw 999, 765, 805(?))

I don't remember anyone mentioning it but do you guys have any ideas about those? my only history with Blood was the movie... a looong time ago XD

(putting that aside, I really like the series so far. I'm excited for the next episode!)
MichiNekoChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 02:56   Link #482
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wondering who noticed the smile?

Old 2011-07-23, 07:25   Link #483
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Xagzan up there did. I didn't though, at first view ._. Although I did get the sadistic vibes.

I get that the show is building up intensity on purpose but BOY DOES IT ANNOY THE FUCK OUT OF ME. Get moving already, for heaven's sake. I don't want to die waiting for something to happen. Christ.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 08:46   Link #484
patnam

Quote:

Let's put a smile on that face...!!
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 08:59   Link #485
Xagzan

Quote:

Spoiler:

Yes indeed. It was very quick. I for one am thrilled to see a mysterious sadistic side to this Saya. It makes her far more intriguing to me. Turns out she's not just some (pretend?) dorky girl who secretly fights monsters, but she has a ball with it apparently

This third episode bought some more tolerance from me for the series, but for god's sakes Clamp, GET MOVING. You have 9 episodes left, not 47.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post
I watched the 3 episodes all at once today, because I had forgotten about this series, then rewatched it again with my boyfriend.

What I didn't notice first time around... in the very first episode, about 23-27 seconds in, the little blood balloons... they have numbers on them? ( I saw 999, 765, 805(?))

I don't remember anyone mentioning it but do you guys have any ideas about those? my only history with Blood was the movie... a looong time ago XD
!)
Why not try Blood+? On the whole, it is pretty good.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 09:37   Link #486
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

sadistic side..................now this is getting interesting..............also really thos blood balloons has to mean something
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 10:33   Link #487
Forsaken_Infinity

Well, I find Saya insanely hot (like she is the hottest girl in anime thus far) in that frame while I can't even stand her while she is singing and jumping on way to school. Says something about my preferences ._.
Old 2011-07-23, 10:34   Link #488
miss-deep
mogu mogu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiNekoChan View Post
The blood "bulbs" have numbers on them because they're part of a Galileo thermometer. Each bulb within a Galileo thermometer is tagged and you can read the temperature from these tags based the position of the bulbs.

Perhaps temperature changes are significant to whatever is going on and they must by monitored by multiple devices as a result.
miss-deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 10:44   Link #489
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

So... Saya just stands there and watches while an innocent human gets torn apart and devoured like a piece of meat? I don't care if she's hung up on idealistic notions of protecting humanity or not, but let's try to put just a bit more effort aside from standing still, ne?

And... yeah, let's get this story started already. We're falling into a repetitive pattern that, IMO, should've been settled by the 2nd Episode. I'll give this one, maybe two more episodes, and if things don't pick up by then, I'm considering this dropped.
Shinn Kamiyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 11:07   Link #490
Forsaken_Infinity

^Dude, that was the pick up. She lets a human die without a shred of care and looks orgasmic when killing that monster. That's such a far cry from "I will protect everyone" speech she gave in episode two that it makes me jizz ._.

But yeah, they better get things rolling in the earlier segments of episodes two. The town is eerie; we get it already.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:16   Link #491
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
^Dude, that was the pick up. She lets a human die without a shred of care and looks orgasmic when killing that monster. That's such a far cry from "I will protect everyone" speech she gave in episode two that it makes me jizz ._.

But yeah, they better get things rolling in the earlier segments of episodes two. The town is eerie; we get it already.
So she's saying that she'll protect everyone at one point and then does a complete 180 and watches an innocent person get killed right in front of her the next without lifting so much as a finger?

Perhaps it's different for some others, but contradictions like that really turn me off. Now I'm all for a main protagonist having a sadistic streak as much as the next person, but I'm not so much into it that it'll compensate for an otherwise unbelievable character.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:25   Link #492
LordEmbok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Spoiler for :

But I like where this train of thought is going.
I was getting at them both having the same VA.
LordEmbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 11:26   Link #493
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Hanashi posted the pic not even two posts before yours
And so did Nina.wolken a few pages back. I noticed it while I was watching the episode too, though I guess it could have easily be missed.

Anyway, I need more sadistic confident Saya and less clumsy moe Saya. I got so excited the first time I saw the OP... then the rest of the episode happened

That smile :3
The red eyes are sexy too.
Old 2011-07-23, 11:29   Link #494
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
And so did Nina.wolken a few pages back. I noticed it while I was watching the episode too, though I guess it could have easily be missed.

Anyway, I need more sadistic confident Saya and less clumsy moe Saya. I got so excited the first time I saw the OP... then the rest of the episode happened

Well, it was exactly as xagzan put it, blink and you miss it.

And hell yes, she is so sexy with that smirk on and the red eyes. It's like I can live with the clumsy airhead Saya if I get to be at the receiving end of those eyes and that look once in a while.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:16   Link #495
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinn Kamiyra View Post
So she's saying that she'll protect everyone at one point and then does a complete 180 and watches an innocent person get killed right in front of her the next without lifting so much as a finger?
Here's the thing: I don't think that means that Saya is a massive hypocrite (which, yes, is a very off-putting thing to see in the lead protagonist), but rather that she's likely being manipulated to some extent against her will (and/or has a real split personality disorder).

It's left many of us expecting certain big reveals and twists to come. It's the possibility of those big reveals and twists coming that has many of us excited.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:47   Link #496
hanashi

Quote:
Perhaps it's different for some others, but contradictions like that really turn me off. Now I'm all for a main protagonist having a sadistic streak as much as the next person, but I'm not so much into it that it'll compensate for an otherwise unbelievable character.
lol, some of us see those as plot points to explore. When you see a character show wildly different personality traits under certain circumstances and that character also shows other odd personality traits, you start to wonder.

I'm reaching since we don't have enough evidence to know anything for sure right now, but if it is a case of altered memories/personalities, it'd be an interesting experiment, kind of like all those studies examining twins seperated at birth in the context of nature vs. nurture.

I see a several people using the word 'sadistic,' if you assume that the Saya in the OP is the real personality, I never read sadistic. Cool and efficient, yes, but not sadistic. So that little grin really through me off. It's showing a pattern of escalation in her behavior. She was following the guy for a while before she started fighting so maybe it's related to the amount of time she spends with her eyes red or in that state of heightened alertness? It looks like that reaction is tied to adrenaline and adrenal hormones can really do a number on the mind and body over time. It's why a lot of students get sick at the end of the semester. All those stress hormones can mess you up over time.

Maybe it's related to the 'fuwfuwa' feeling from the coffee and the gimauvre. That was such a weird thing to hear. Coffee doesn't make you feel 'fuwafuwa' but marijuana could.
Old 2011-07-23, 12:47   Link #497
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
So... Saya just stands there and watches while an innocent human gets torn apart and devoured like a piece of meat? I don't care if she's hung up on idealistic notions of protecting humanity or not, but let's try to put just a bit more effort aside from standing still, ne?
I've wondered about that, too. Maybe she suspected the baker was the monster, and followed him to see if she was right.

I mean, he was suspicious too. He'd disappeared for days, and obviously wasn't eaten (yet). Where had he been? Doing what?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 12:56   Link #498
Shinn Kamiyra
Enthralled by music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Here's the thing: I don't think that means that Saya is a massive hypocrite (which, yes, is a very off-putting thing to see in the lead protagonist), but rather that she's likely being manipulated to some extent against her will (and/or has a real split personality disorder).

It's left many of us expecting certain big reveals and twists to come. It's the possibility of those big reveals and twists coming that has many of us excited.
To be fair, I'm not saying that there couldn't be some underlying plot twist that could explain Saya's actions. Honestly, I hope there is.

Really, I wouldn't mind Saya's hypocritical display so much if we had some kind of a lead into it beforehand, something in the 1st or 2nd Episode to show us that she isn't just a sweet and naive girl by day, and demon-slaying killer by night. It's this kind of black-and-white display that irks me when I see Saya contradict herself between wanting to protect people and doing nothing at all when a man is killed right in front of her.

Where's Saya's gray area? Where's her conflict?

As I said, I really do hope that the story picks up and we get more insight into Saya's character. IMHO however, these beginning episodes could've been quite a bit stronger with respect to Saya, and I can't blame those who've already dropped this series for lack of progress.
Old 2011-07-23, 13:57   Link #499
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

3 episodes, no plot moving, same final boss after a bored first half, meh. I have the feeling that this serie will suffer of the main problem of Blood+, is terrible slow and anticlimatic in the events. Also i hate from the deep of my heart the Clamp "2 meters height characters" artstyle, seems they are recycled from their provious mangas. I will not be surprised if Saya call the tanuki Mokona.
Disappointed till now.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 14:05   Link #500
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I love that shot from the OP. That smirk seems so opposite her ditzy daytime personality. It just makes her look so confident, a very appealing character trait for me.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.