AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 30 37.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 30.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 22.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.27%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 15:24   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Amagami SS - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Amagami SS, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-07-29, 15:40   Link #2
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

HELL YEAH!

Just after watching the raw i find we have a subforum! BANZAI!

For now I can say a few things about this ep

Spoiler:
Old 2010-07-29, 15:43   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
1. The sex hair is simply epic, altho I wish a tad more detail might have gone into it, it's simply sexy messy hair at it's best.
Having just watched the raw, there's a few scenes where Kaoru's hair has been touched up a bit, so it's a start. It's still not the how sexy mess it should be, though it's better then nothing. & even when it doesn't look perfect, it still does a grand job. :3

I can't even begin to say how pleased i am with this episode. Easy 10/10.
Old 2010-07-29, 15:50   Link #4
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Yeah. I loved the episode. The character is great -- relaxed and physical, with feeling lurking underneath. Good work by Satou Rina (Negi in Negima, Mikoto in Railgun). I even liked her singing of the ED.

I like the little glimpses of the other girls we get, especially that of Haruka (and Hibiki). And I like Junichi's combination of weak and strong characteristics.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-07-29, 15:56   Link #5
ueXia

5 minutes in and I'm already bought.
I hear Misaka Mikoto all over the place, and that adds up +12345 points.

Okay, I better finish the ep so I can give a proper post xD
Old 2010-07-29, 16:06   Link #6
Kunagisa

This is the arc change right? How does it work? I've been holding off watching 2-4 cause well, if this turns out all weird I probably won't watch it. The amount of posts in the general topic goes by so fast I just don't have time to read them all. I'm tempted to just stick with the manga (Close to You's pretty cute).
Old 2010-07-29, 16:07   Link #7
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
This is the arc change right? How does it work?
Basically like starting a brand new story.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:08   Link #8
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Basically like starting a brand new story.
So 1-4 just goes out the window?
Old 2010-07-29, 16:16   Link #9
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

They divided the whole series into several arcs... 6 to be exact, each focuses on the story of a girl which will pair together with Junichi. Each arc is about 4 episodes length at least, and though the arc starts at the time when Junichi got dumped on the Xmas nite, but the ending differs depending on the girl he got paired with. So yea... basically its the same "rinse and repeat" style of story.

Don't worry, each arc has its own story. It doesn't have to be like Haruka arc's story (or maybe it will... but for Kaoru's arc... it doesn't matter at all ).

Also to add extra comment about the ED, i just love the piano tune at the opening of the theme. When i hear the tune, my mind suddenly flashed back to ARIA series (the series that had captured me with its great BGM and piano tunes). Its at that moment where i understood that its a song that i'm definitely gonna love for sure.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:17   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
No, 1-4 is pretty much it's own series.

5-8 would be the next little story and then every 4 eps after that being their own little story.

This ep resets back to time Jun was dumped on christmas but tells it differently with Kaoru being the main heroine this time.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:17   Link #11
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Well in a way, yes. This is the start of a new story for a new girl. So basically, a clean slate. Think about starting a new game and aiming for a different girl
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-07-29, 16:19   Link #12
ueXia

Okay, just finished watching.

-Great hair
-Great physical relationship
-Delicious ear-biting
-Great hair
-Perfect seiyuu for tsundere
-Nice usage of "girl time", this time we know what Kaoru feels and think (only little bits of this in Haruka's arc)
-smexy hair

Spoiler for hillarious .. animation fail xD:
Old 2010-07-29, 16:30   Link #13
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
It is much better than all 4 episodes of Haruka and watchers can feel closeness to Kaoru because we actually are shown of what she thinks while nothing like that was shown from Haruka's mind thats why Haruka looked so weird and sometimes even retarded.

Kaoru looks much more sensible. with some tsundere tendentious but it is not mean tsun like with Ayatsuji, so it is fine. And she has a very physical relationship to begin with so it won't see that rushed as with other girl's.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:58   Link #14
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up Episode 5

I like Kaoru a little more than Morishima for a few following reasons.....for one Kaoru is much more mature than Morishima since she has a part time job at a restaurant. For two she is Tsundere a little. For three she has a wild style with her hair at some points in the episode and her eyes are so much more darker and mysterious. For fourth her blushing, her sudden violent but cute reactions and ear biting made her so much more different. Last would be a much more daring pose of her for the ED here=>

and wow those Junichi have ever a wild imagination of Kaoru like here =>
Spoiler:
Can anyone pinpoint what part in the first arch did Morishima get into the infirmary....was it when she did not sleep enough after the first confession? Here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/9f9ff018.jpg
Was Kaoru ever cute here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/163734b9.jpg
For episode preview....I wonder if Kaoru is going to show Junichi her panties or maybe more? =>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/8af325c4.jpg
More nice shots from Kaoru's ED here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/ab66d119.jpg
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/3a5fff64.jpg
This one from the ED is just cute too=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/52025b8d.jpg
Amazing start! 10/10 but it looks like all arcs will start with Junichi being dumped by that same girl....wonder who it might be still. Looks like Morishima is going to have a small role again in the next episode. Going to make GIFs expect lots of Kaoru avatars!
Old 2010-07-29, 17:00   Link #15
Itlandm
Porcupine

I was relieved to see that a certain spoiler picture was in fact just from a temptation scene. And even then it was fairly decent by contemporary standards, but still.

Their friendship seems a bit physical for them only having been friends since middle school. (Did I get that right?) She is acting like they have grown up together, really. Then again people are different. It would certainly have been a bit disturbing if a boy had been hanging on a girl like that, though. Then again girls are innocent until proven guilty, while with boys it is the other way around... KAORU PUNCHI!
Old 2010-07-29, 17:03   Link #16
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Spoiler for episode 5:
Rofl! Nice pic.....it was quite a daring one but let me come back with a GIF of it! Well it was about time it got a subforum! Thanks to the MODs for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I was relieved to see that a certain spoiler picture was in fact just from a temptation scene. And even then it was fairly decent by contemporary standards, but still.

Their friendship seems a bit physical for them only having been friends since middle school. (Did I get that right?) She is acting like they have grown up together, really. Then again people are different. It would certainly have been a bit disturbing if a boy had been hanging on a girl like that, though. Then again girls are innocent until proven guilty, while with boys it is the other way around... KAORU PUNCHI!
Remember one thing......part time job + school = mature more than those who do not have it....even I was looked upon as a farmer during high school compared to others who did not do nothing but studying and having fun because I still managed to have that fun.....I was therefore mature enough to work (farm helping) to study and have fun as much as time allowed me for it. I would assume Kaoru is mature enough compared to Morishima to make choices that are so more different than Morishima ever did.
Old 2010-07-29, 17:54   Link #17
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

10/10 this episode. I loled on the Junichi the pervert's delusions of our sexy hair. He can't resist peeking in her restaurant uniform skirt. Kudos for him being a pervert showing more of Kaoru's sexiness.
Kaoru's blushes makes me HNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG over 9000!!!
Better than Haruka's arc maybe because episode one of Haruka was more of introduction episode for the characters, cutting her arc short.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:23   Link #18
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Better than Haruka's arc maybe because episode one of Haruka was more of introduction episode for the characters, cutting her arc short.
I wonder if this could be a reason as to why they will feature her a little in arcs here and there......as preview for next episode shows her being in it a little again.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:28   Link #19
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
I wonder if this could be a reason as to why they will feature her a little in arcs here and there......as preview for next episode shows her being in it a little again.
In some way yes. But this is a different universe. I wonder how many scenes they cut from her original arc from the game.

Sorry mods. Peace.
Old 2010-07-29, 19:34   Link #20
Itlandm
Porcupine

I am not sure we should use the part-time job to compare Kaoru Tanamachi with Haruka Morishima. I get the impression that the Morishima family was quite well off, and they may have felt that it would disgrace the family if she had to work. And in any case, I don't see that having a job is much related to Kaoru's habit of practically breathing on people she talks to. It is more likely a "family value" she has brought with her from home, I suspect.

I am not a fan of tsundere, neither in fiction nor real life, but tastes vary. And I have to say Junichi did bring doom on himself with that comment from the floor. He is still not among the brightest leaves on the cosmic tree, alas. For someone who is supposed to be an avatar for the player, it is a bit embarrassing.
Closed Thread