AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 00:26   Link #2061
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
argggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh fffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu why must you make me love you and hate you so much at the same time hoshinooooooooo

Spoiler for what actually happened in this chapter (in my delusions):
It's what I read the first time, gahaha. Seeing Lenalee cry is incredibly heart-breaking.

Get back to her Allen, C'MON!
Old 2011-04-22, 00:27   Link #2062
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
that can be verified if someone can post the actual sentence from the raws
Affirmative, captain.

Quote:
「何があっても僕はエクソシストだ」
 「進む道は違っても」「それは変わらないから」
「リナリーや」「みんなのいる教団が大好きだよ」「僕のホーム」「これからもずっと」
But yeah... the translation we've got is pretty much as good as the actual sentence, anyway.

As literal as it can get in the Japanese sentence structure, Allen pretty much says...

Spoiler for my crappy re-translation:

But don't quote me on it, I am but a mere slave peasant before the likes of lariethian.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 07:35   Link #2063
larethian

The translation is pretty accurate. Though in japanese, it didn't feel like much of a tease.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 15:32   Link #2064
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The translation is pretty accurate. Though in japanese, it didn't feel like much of a tease.
Even translated i don't see it as a tease. People just like to look too much into these things sometimes.
Old 2011-04-22, 20:01   Link #2065
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Even translated i don't see it as a tease. People just like to look too much into these things sometimes.
It was a rare moment of emotional bonding that we rarely, rarely, ever see in D.Gray-Man. Not the romantic kind, but any Allen x Lenalee moment is special in D.Gray-Man anyway.

I mean... I think every Allen x Lenalee moment can be counted in 1 hand till this point. Their relationship are more defined by how disassociated their friendship are than it actually is.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-04-23, 03:02   Link #2066
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It was a rare moment of emotional bonding that we rarely, rarely, ever see in D.Gray-Man. Not the romantic kind, but any Allen x Lenalee moment is special in D.Gray-Man anyway.

I mean... I think every Allen x Lenalee moment can be counted in 1 hand till this point. Their relationship are more defined by how disassociated their friendship are than it actually is.
Oh don't get me wrong, i loved the hell out of it. You of all people know how much i adore Allen x Lenalee . It's just that it's pretty obvious that Allen was saying that he loved everyone as his family, and not in the romantic way aimed at Lenalee.
Old 2011-04-23, 04:26   Link #2067
larethian

at least he hugged her. ooooh. you guys should be flying to heaven already
Old 2011-04-23, 05:22   Link #2068
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Allen X Road is a far more interesting pairing!

Silaqui.
Old 2011-04-27, 08:41   Link #2069
upiro

The Millennium Earl is probably the greatest villain to be found in any manga. The more times I read D. Gray-Man, the more and more impressed I get with him and how cleverly he’s been constructed by the author. The technique he uses to create his Akuma is horrifying by itself but the way he callously orders them to kill the ones who ‘revived’ them is beyond disturbing. Also, his behind-the-scene attempts to instigate wars and increase misery among humans show him to be a master manipulator. Hoshino-san succeeds in depicting him simultaneously as a comic relief character and a ruthless and dangerous villain who’s determined to destroy the world.

But what’s amazing is that after over 200 chapters we still don’t know if he’s the ‘bad’ guy or not. We still don’t know what happened 7000 years ago and whether it was the Earl or the Heart of the Innocence that was on the ‘right’ side. We’re left with too many hints which force us to question whether the Earl’s goals are justified or not. It’s a testament to Hoshino-san’s skills as a story-teller and for characterization.

On the one hand, I want to know more about his back-story. But, I also like the slow and deliberate manner in which info about him has been doled out. What I really want to know at this stage is: What is the ‘God’ of the Exorcists? Is it the Heart? Also, what alternative ‘God’ do the Earl and the Noah follow? Have we been provided any hints so far?
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 10:31   Link #2070
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by upiro View Post

But what’s amazing is that after over 200 chapters we still don’t know if he’s the ‘bad’ guy or not. We still don’t know what happened 7000 years ago and whether it was the Earl or the Heart of the Innocence that was on the ‘right’ side. We’re left with too many hints which force us to question whether the Earl’s goals are justified or not. It’s a testament to Hoshino-san’s skills as a story-teller and for characterization.
Unless you can find a reason to excuse him for making Akuma and murdering masses of people..... not to mention the many innocent people that got killed along the way. Or do you mean he might not be the end boss which is plausible, however certainly there is nothing good about him. I believe Allen mention somewhere in this chapter how the Earl action are not justify by the death of innocent regardless of how noble or greater cause is... when the Noah were trying to get him to join there side.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 04:44   Link #2071
upiro

I don’t think he’s a good or virtuous person either. That’s why I started my previous post cataloguing the many atrocities he’s committed. What I’m interested in knowing is what happened 7000 years ago that led the Earl and Noah to seek vengeance against the innocence and humans for all this time. 7 millennia of conflict is a heck of a long time to satisfy a grudge. Which is why I’m speculating that the ‘Heart’ of the Innocence could have betrayed the Earl and Noah in some way and might have been the real villain in the past. It’s possible that the actions of the Earl are in response to that ‘betrayal’ or whatever the incident was which would explain his hatred of the Innocence but wouldn’t justify his actions killing innocent humans and torturing people’s souls.

Anyway, I’m just speculating at this point. We still need more info from the author. It’s possible that one side might have been right in the beginning. But the fact of the matter is that after 7000 years of war, both sides have committed way too many crimes. I still think the ‘God’ that each group follows holds an important hint which led to my question in the previous post. I’d be interested to know if I’ve missed anything with regards to their identities.
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 05:34   Link #2072
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by upiro View Post
I don’t think he’s a good or virtuous person either. That’s why I started my previous post cataloguing the many atrocities he’s committed. What I’m interested in knowing is what happened 7000 years ago that led the Earl and Noah to seek vengeance against the innocence and humans for all this time. 7 millennia of conflict is a heck of a long time to satisfy a grudge. Which is why I’m speculating that the ‘Heart’ of the Innocence could have betrayed the Earl and Noah in some way and might have been the real villain in the past. It’s possible that the actions of the Earl are in response to that ‘betrayal’ or whatever the incident was which would explain his hatred of the Innocence but wouldn’t justify his actions killing innocent humans and torturing people’s souls.

Anyway, I’m just speculating at this point. We still need more info from the author. It’s possible that one side might have been right in the beginning. But the fact of the matter is that after 7000 years of war, both sides have committed way too many crimes. I still think the ‘God’ that each group follows holds an important hint which led to my question in the previous post. I’d be interested to know if I’ve missed anything with regards to their identities.
I suppose it is only proper to give a reply...
from your point of view I can understand what you mean although after many generation the numbers of crime committed makes it inexcusable. However at the earlier point one of them may be the victim getting their revenge but ended up dragging a bunch of innocent people along in their scheme... rather a point of interest than anything since label (good and evil) are irrelevant when you consider the entire scenario.

Guess I will play along with the speculation.. the heart/innocence and the Earl/Noah clan and the third party being god are key player in this war... although possible I'm praying that god isn't some moe entity who just happens to be born evil lol. hmmm thinking back what happen to the Noah transformation when Allen was fighting Tiki... I hope the author brings that up again, such an interesting scene.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 06:08   Link #2073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

RRRRRRAAAAWWWWRRRRRRRRRR!!!! It's finally hereeee!!! THE SCENE THAT I'VE WAITED FOR YEARS IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

"Lenalee, [*omitted*], I love you... [*omitted*] forever and ever..."

Everything is right in this world now.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 07:40   Link #2074
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Hugging was so 150 chapters ago for the both of them.

I expected the next step of physical contact for both of them to be attempted rape by the 14th, but it hasn't happened... yet.

For better or worse.

Old 2011-04-28, 09:43   Link #2075
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Hugging was so 150 chapters ago for the both of them.
So... We get one hug scene every... Three years? That's kinda depressing

Every time Allen hugs Lenalee it's a public holiday.

Quote:
I expected the next step of physical contact for both of them to be attempted rape by the 14th, but it hasn't happened... yet.

For better or worse.
Haven't we missed a couple of steps ?

Let's see; we already had Allen on top of Lenalee in the Ark Arc... Allen resting his head on her shoulder...

The next step should be the "wash up on shore and needs to dry clothes so they're back to back, naked" stage, that would be next year...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 10:29   Link #2076
larethian

aren't you............................................... ...............................................opt imistic?
Old 2011-05-06, 23:01   Link #2077
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... We get one hug scene every... Three years? That's kinda depressing

Every time Allen hugs Lenalee it's a public holiday.

Haven't we missed a couple of steps ?

Let's see; we already had Allen on top of Lenalee in the Ark Arc... Allen resting his head on her shoulder...

The next step should be the "wash up on shore and needs to dry clothes so they're back to back, naked" stage, that would be next year...
Lol... Nice chapter overall but most importantly, what I like most and this manga (finished catching up in the week) I think is the mystery that the whole war and plot is shrouded in very similar to the way Allen treats the people around him. He will save only those in front him everything is kind off at face value.

But I'm really liking Road she is a very interesting dynamic in the whole Allen 14th thing.

Lenalee for the Win
Old 2011-06-02, 18:40   Link #2078
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

So no chapter this month because Hoshino is sick AGAIN
Old 2011-06-02, 23:32   Link #2079
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
So no chapter this month because Hoshino is sick AGAIN
I heard there was no chapter, though not the reason . I hope Hoshino will receive a good and steady recovery.
Old 2011-06-03, 10:32   Link #2080
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I heard there was no chapter, though not the reason . I hope Hoshino will receive a good and steady recovery.
Also hope she has good health from now on

Tags
action, manga, shounen, steampunk, supernatural