AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-05-20, 13:36   Link #261
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Im sry but Amare Stoudimire isnt a good defender @ all, at least not good enough against spurs, did u c the ez time duncan had w/ him? Anyway he is simply a pure scoring machine and works really well w/ Nash

Spurs have great experience and excellent coach w/ a good system, when they play they almost never panic even when they were losing by double digits
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 14:00   Link #262
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
I think the Suns moreso lost that game due to Coach Mike D's inability to trust anyone else on the Suns bench and play them. Suns had plenty of opportunities to win that game but everyone just ran out of gas.
That is the style they used to play during the regular season too. And, Phoenix's playoff style is similar to what Detroit had used during the playoffs of the year that they won the championship: limit bench play as much as possible, and rely on your top 5 (and in Suns case it is actually top 6).

Also, that is the style that allowed Phoenix to win 60+ games during the regular season. It would be unfair to expect the coaching staff to rely on guys that have not proven themselves during the regular season in a key game like the 5th. Probably, the Suns will solve this problem a little by sending Marion and receiving a few reliable guys in return. Anyway, as long as Nash can play like that, the other key players will be able to perform well too.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 14:59   Link #263
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
Im sry but Amare Stoudimire isnt a good defender @ all, at least not good enough against spurs, did u c the ez time duncan had w/ him? Anyway he is simply a pure scoring machine and works really well w/ Nash

Spurs have great experience and excellent coach w/ a good system, when they play they almost never panic even when they were losing by double digits

Sure he can improve but Stoudemire is a good shot blocker and good rebounder he just gets himself into foul trouble to much, and Duncan can have his way with anyone in the league, all you can hope to do against him is make him work for his shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
That is the style they used to play during the regular season too. And, Phoenix's playoff style is similar to what Detroit had used during the playoffs of the year that they won the championship: limit bench play as much as possible, and rely on your top 5 (and in Suns case it is actually top 6).

Also, that is the style that allowed Phoenix to win 60+ games during the regular season. It would be unfair to expect the coaching staff to rely on guys that have not proven themselves during the regular season in a key game like the 5th. Probably, the Suns will solve this problem a little by sending Marion and receiving a few reliable guys in return. Anyway, as long as Nash can play like that, the other key players will be able to perform well too.
Yes It's true they did win that way with an 8 man rotatation but as we've now seen unforseen circumstances can force you down to less players, be it foul trouble, injuries or suspensions the Suns have to be deeper to go farther. It's pretty much been like this the last 3 seasons in the playoffs now. I know they didn't have much to rely on but still I think it cost them too much in game 6 but they had to take that chance I guess to try and win game 5.

Last edited by Tommy; 2007-05-20 at 15:25.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 17:56   Link #264
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
So lovely how you appear only when you boring-a$$ team wins...
So lovely how you are still acting out your animal-instinctive needs to troll message boards 24/7. And your reaction to the Spurs, the obvious better team, outing the Suns from the playoffs is exactly why I hate the NBA fanbase now. People would rather see a game with the final score 177-176 (6 OT) on ESPN.com than see a fundamental game played the right way. But I don't mind, keep rooting for a team that has 0 championships in 39 years of existing.
Old 2007-05-20, 18:41   Link #265
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@ Obi - The free-flowing, pass-first, open-court, team-orientated style of play is the apex of how the game should be played and the reason behind the league changing it's rules over the last 10 years to ensure this style of play (The Suns style of play--inwhich over half of the league is TRYING to play now)...Why? Because the NBA was at it's visual apex right before the thuggery of the 90's that rewarded physical prowess over fundamental gameplay (Not that I didn't love the Heat-Knicks Bull-Knicks, Bull-Pacers rivalries)...When the promise of Jordon putting a$$ess in the seats disappeared all that was left was the brutal, hard-to-watch style of play (Primarily in the East)....

Much the way the NHL changed it's rules to isolate the thuggish goon activities to open up the skillful play, the NBA has done the same (Thuggish, goonish play? Spurs anyone?)...Sharing the ball, scoring in beautiful fashion thru teamwork, destroying the notion of having to have one player be your workhorse as oppose to it being the whole team is what they wanted to achieve via the rule changing...You're obviously a novice compared to my knowledge or you would know that Phx style of play doesn't get anymore fundamental than that...Maybe the fact I'm a sportcaster at an actual sports-network (Cox Sports Television, New Orleans, Louisiana--Google it!) means zippo to you as perhaps it should, but understand any silly point you make born outta frustration about sports will garner a chuckle from me compared to my own knowledge...Yeah it's so fun watching Duncan get the ball in the paint 35 times a game as Brent Barry comes off illegal Bruce Bowen screens and hit open 3's as part of this plotting offense...It is what it is, NO ONE IN AMERICA likes to watch your team play but SA fans like you! I don't blame you for that, but anyone with eyes can see the boredom (or maybe not see it as the next 2 Spurs series will be a ratings disaster)...
Old 2007-05-20, 18:57   Link #266
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
And your reaction to the Spurs, the obvious better team, outing the Suns from the playoffs is exactly why I hate the NBA fanbase now.
It doesn't change the fact that some other team plays a more exciting style. And, it doesn't change the fact that Spurs won in an unfair way.

Can you for sure say your team would have won the series, if the Spurs wouldn't have made those dirty plays, and wouldn't get the support from Stern just before the key game at Phoenix, considering that the last game would also be played at Phoenix? Of course you cannot (if you can, that would put you in a similar position of the fanbase you are hating). That means the Suns had enough strength to match with the Spurs, invalidating your claim of who the better team is, between those two teams.
Old 2007-05-20, 21:25   Link #267
retardation
phantom loser

i still think the spurs were a better team in the series. the suns only really dominated game 2. the spurs had game 4 if duncan doesn't get into foul trouble in that game.

it seemed like the suns other than duncan were doing absolutely nothing in games 2-4 and the spurs still managed to win one of those games. once ginobli finally started hitting shots in game 5, the series was over. no amount of amare stoudamire is really gonna help if either parker or ginobli play like they did in games 1, 5 and 6.

i really hate the spurs though. everyone on there but duncan and fin just really annoy me.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 21:50   Link #268
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
It doesn't change the fact that some other team plays a more exciting style. And, it doesn't change the fact that Spurs won in an unfair way.
Sun fan is going to whine about this series for eternity. Strap yourselves in. Now maybe the Suns will figure out how hard you have to play to win a ring and sign some people who can play D.

Quote:
Can you for sure say your team would have won the series, if the Spurs wouldn't have made those dirty plays, and wouldn't get the support from Stern just before the key game at Phoenix, considering that the last game would also be played at Phoenix? Of course you cannot (if you can, that would put you in a similar position of the fanbase you are hating). That means the Suns had enough strength to match with the Spurs, invalidating your claim of who the better team is, between those two teams.
And again, what angers me about bitter Suns lovers is that you are all saying that the Spurs wouldn't be able to win 6 and 7 if the two Suns players weren't suspended. The core of this Spurs team has been together five years now and won two championships, and the system they employ has been running under Duncan and Popovich for a decade. They are extremely good at what they do. In this series, they won 2 in Phoenix. In 2005, they won 3 in Phoenix. They also play pretty good at home too, if you didn't happen to catch their dominating Game 6 win last week.

So tell me again why the Spurs wouldn't be able to win 6 and 7 if the cards were dealt that way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
mostly bullshit, coupled with a few lines by wd where he attempts to belittle me with his claim that he is a sportscaster, yet is curiously always online to talk about his closet hobby anime and basketball on the internet with people easily 20 or 30 years younger than he.
So you're saying the league changed its rules to facilitate how teams like Phoenix play? So, the league wants a team to be run by one guy? And when that guy is out the team folds like a house of cards? Nash is much more critical to Phoenix than Duncan is to SA. SA could probably beat most teams without Duncan. If the Suns didn't have Nash, the WNBA wouldn't even take them. The WNBA probably wouldn't take them with Nash, after all the drama queening they did during the Spurs series.

I guess I will just smoke my joint while America hates the Spurs, then. It's funny, for years they called the Spurs soft. David Robinson will never win a championship, etc. Then we get Duncan, pile on the hardware, and suddenly we are thugs because we gave Steve Nash some bruises.

Media Perspective on Spurs Championships
------------------------
1999*- Lockout Season
2003*- Dirk hurt in WCF
2005*- Lakers split up

Pending:
2007*- Amare's an idiot

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 2007-05-20 at 22:03.
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 22:24   Link #269
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Sun fan is going to whine about this series for eternity. Strap yourselves in. Now maybe the Suns will figure out how hard you have to play to win a ring and sign some people who can play D.
I guess you are not reading the posts here. I am a Jazz fan.
Quote:
And again, what angers me about bitter Suns lovers is that you are all saying that the Spurs wouldn't be able to win 6 and 7 if the two Suns players weren't suspended. The core of this Spurs team has been together five years now and won two championships, and the system they employ has been running under Duncan and Popovich for a decade. They are extremely good at what they do. In this series, they won 2 in Phoenix. In 2005, they won 3 in Phoenix. They also play pretty good at home too, if you didn't happen to catch their dominating Game 6 win last week.
I guess we have an understanding problem here. Many of the people, who are supporting Suns, are saying Suns had a greater probability of winning the series, if the suspensions wouldn't have happened. When they were riding on high momentum, they were stopped with outside interference, which is caused by Spurs's dirty play (you gotta love the cheers of the Spurs fans, when the Dirty Horry enter the "field").

I don't really care how long Spurs have been together, or how the Suns played in 2005. We are talking about the current conditions, the 2007 playoffs, and, last week, the Suns had the better chance of winning the series without those suspensions, with the home court advantage, and with their good style of play against the Spurs.

Also, before the suspensions, this year, Phoenix won one at your home and lost one at their home home - out of two games played at each location. So, based on that, the last game was expected to decide on the winner, which is, guess what, played, at Phoenix.

Lastly, the dominating game happened after, the key players of Suns, which included the uncrowned MVP of the league, had one of most tiring games of their season, because of suspensions.

I guess, the Spurs fans enjoy deciding the quality based on what happened after the suspensions, rather than what was going on before. I cannot blame them, they are the fans who must have cheered hardly after the injuries and suspensions their players have intentionally "caused"...Well, if the crowd is supporting that, you cannot put the blame on the players. At the end, one half of the same "wormy" apple.

Quote:
So tell me again why the Spurs wouldn't be able to win 6 and 7 if the cards were dealt that way?
Please check above, before asking the same question again.

Quote:
...we gave Steve Nash some bruises...
Well I saw those bruises, and they were pretty disgusting. So, I wish the Suns would have played physical enough to give similar level of bruises to Parker or Ginobili. But, probably, Parker or Ginobili would have injured some bones or muscles, if the same amount of contact would have applied on them (then I would have loved to hear your whinings on how the Suns played dirty, blah blah).

I am sure not many people will shed a single tear, if the Jazz play with enough physical strength that results in the injury of one of your key players.

Last edited by Sazelyt; 2007-05-20 at 22:37.
Old 2007-05-21, 04:21   Link #270
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Off-the-cuff vulgarity sprinkled with a house of cards belief-system which easily gets crinkled without wd even trying hard...Not to mention a Spurs fan who has no choice but to defend his boringa$$ team then rationalizes why clear visual boredom is actually proper fundamental play because deep in his loins he knows he's a die-hard fan of the most boring championship franchise in all of sports...Secretly finks on people to admin...
Hey I'm a pretty dope guy...Under 30, loves anime, freelance sportscaster, professional property manager, goes on dates with girls, and finds the time to give flavorful, creative, and sometimes extremely witty verbal lashings on my favorite message board...What??? Based on who you must be in the real-world, you didn't think people like us existed huh?? Addiction to the net isn't just for geeks and lifetime losers anymore friend ...

Quote:
So you're saying the league changed its rules to facilitate how teams like Phoenix play?
Yes fool...

Every element and rule tweak of the last 8-9 years has been to open the game-up and create a better visual product...No ones saying playing any style of winning basketball isn't acceptable but many fans prefer an enjoying style of play to go with the winning...The ratings don't lie, I respect the Spurs but them showcasing basketball on the highest stage bores me to tears...

If Stern had his way every team would be as exciting as Phx, that way he could start promoting the Teams rather than the many "Ain't accomplished nothing" Soopa-Doopa Stars the league has to offer today...But being an anal lawyer in his past life he sees a rule like an unbreakable wall rather than a flexible barrier...To the victor goes the spoils as I've said to you before, so enjoy your boring fun, you deserve it...

"Hey now your a Spurs-fan!
Get ya bore-on!!
Go Play!!"

Quote:
I guess I will just smoke my joint while America hates the Spurs,
I suggest everyone who watches the Spurs next series smokes a joint...That will assure a better experience...You'll be in slow-motion so the Spurs offense will seem more uptempo^^...
Old 2007-06-01, 14:51   Link #271
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Kinda funny how this thread immidiately died after the second round of the playoffs.

To recap Spurs squash Jazz and move on to Finals as expected and the Pistons and Cavs are still battling it out with the series 3-2 cavs.

I watched yesterdays double OT game and my god Lebron is such a pimp! I mean to score I think it was the last 29 of 31 points for your team is insane. But I thought it was funny how the great Pistons Defense just let him have some of those easy dunks, I mean they practically jumped out of his way! God forbid you foul him hard and make him make some FTs.

Another funny thing is how bad the rest of the cavs are offensively, I mean they couldn't make a shot to save their lives. Which just makes it even more amazing that Lebron has taken this team to where it is now, just makes you think how crazy it is that a superstar can carry a mediocore team so far. I think the Cavs go to the finals this year, but will end up much like Utah and maybe get one game against the Spurs.

Then theirs Kobe...
Old 2007-06-01, 14:55   Link #272
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Kinda funny how this thread immidiately died after the second round of the playoffs.
Hmmm, I wonder why? Could it be the NBA Playoffs are boring as hell without PHX, GS, and CHI? Only Lebron is left and I doubt his shonen-fighter powers will be enuff vs San Anyawnio...

As for Kobe, he should just get a sex change already...He shoulda played lead-role in DREAMGIRLS...such a diva...pathetic...
Old 2007-06-02, 22:48   Link #273
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Woot Cavs are going to the finals!
Old 2007-06-02, 23:06   Link #274
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Lebron at the finals, I am really glad for him. After being ignored during the season because of his teammates, with his fight, he earned the right to take the seat from Wade. (I wonder what Carmelo is doing right now)

If they play like that, they might even surprise Spurs. In any case, Lebron needs to continue to fight, cause I doubt Spurs can completely stop him.
Old 2007-06-03, 13:20   Link #275
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

If I were David Stern, I wouldn't let anyone on Cleveland wear the finals patch on their jerseys except for Lebron. Talk about taking a cake walk to the Finals... Washington and New Jersey? And then Detroit somehow manages to choke after playing awesome ball for the first 7 games of the playoffs. This is probably the easiest path to the championship game in the history of any professional sport.

I doubt there is any team in the league that can "stop" Lebron, he is a very talented player. The Spurs play much better team defense than Detroit, and I bet their strategy will be to try and contain the rest of the team they way they did againt Phoenix and Utah. I say Spurs in 5 or 6, the Cavs are good at home so I could see them winning 1 or 2 there.

The Cavs deserve credit for getting to the finals but there is no way that team beats San Antonio in a seven game series.
Old 2007-06-03, 14:11   Link #276
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
The Cavs deserve credit for getting to the finals but there is no way that team beats San Antonio in a seven game series.
Same old words...How can you guarantee Spurs will not choke at the end? Detroit was expected to win, but they lost. In the West, there were also many surprises. Spurs were lucky against the Phoenix (yes, lucky, we have seen many times a single shot or game changing the course of a series). Against Utah, the 4th game, which was the key game, was also won because of the opponent's and at the time, the court's most important player's illness. Let's see if they will have the same luck, this time, against Lebron, especially if the league decides to protect Lebron against Spurs, like they did for Spurs against the Suns...
Old 2007-06-03, 16:19   Link #277
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow, didn't think the Cavs had it in them like that...Daniel Gibson, not Lebron was the star of that game (for the Lebron did it all by himself misinformed)...Now all we need is some classic NBA ref-cheating to give the Cavs a chance vs. The Spurs (aka Tylenol P.M.)
Old 2007-06-03, 16:34   Link #278
Shinmaru

Send a message via AIM to Shinmaru Send a message via MSN to Shinmaru Send a message via Yahoo to Shinmaru
Nice to see the Cavs make the finals. I doubt I would've watched even one game if the Spurs and Pistons were facing off again.
Shinmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-03, 18:37   Link #279
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

repeat finalist make a crappy final.

Cavs are looking pretty unstopable, eventhough LBJ wont throw 48 up every game, i think the Spurs are donebar this go around. Lebron deserves this ring.
Ayame_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 04:27   Link #280
Master zoid pilot

Send a message via AIM to Master zoid pilot Send a message via MSN to Master zoid pilot
Way to go Lebron!!!!!

Wow I was really surprised to hear that the Cavs were leading the series and for them to win!

That man deserves this, he didn't wine "oh my team isn't helping.....management doesn't do enough to get players around me" he sucked it up and put the team on his shoulder carrying them to the finals and hopefully a chip.

I kept saying it would be cool if Lebron and Carmello could win the chip after D-wade....looks possible now lol.
Master zoid pilot is offline   Reply With Quote