AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-14, 04:23   Link #201
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I don't know... this anime has some very good ideas, interesting scenes, but the execution is terrible. Non-existent transitions aside, storytelling is all-over the place, a lot of characters are drawing almost the same, and in this episode the most dramatic scene was completely ruined by elevator music. I just hope they manage to tie in the cast to the plot, because we're half way in, and except for the multiple personalities connecting the four guys, absolutely everything else is completely unrelated.

Anyway, why surprised with the fourth personality, he is in the opening

Oh! and +1 for acknowledging that drugs and alcohol exist
What precisely is wrong with the execution? I find it to be just beyond awesome myself o.0. Transitions aren't needed since that's the point of the show. It'd be nowhere near as fun had they shown characters (and by proxy, scenes) transitioning into each other off the bat or too frequently. The show is brilliantly executed precisely because it manages to tell a serious story while keeping thing hectic. Chaos is order, pretty much. This show realizes (and tells you face-front) that it's just fiction and takes full advantage of being as such. And the amount of self-parody is genuinely awesome. The elevator music you complained about was the best thing about the episode. Oh and the first few fantasy openings they did were as epic as anything can get. I'd say they were even comparable to the stuff Level E had, if not better.

Regarding characters, watfek man? How do those girls act anywhere near the same? (Apart from Naru and Ai, but they look completely different and the only thing similar is that they "pursue" Dora quite aggressively) And the character design is quite different too. All the characters, even the most insignificant ones, have their own quirks so it's really really easy to tell them apart. Furthermore, even the side characters have their own unique flavor and awesomeness. Find me another ten year old like Alice. Or someone like Kobato who can treat another personality of her brother as someone completely different. Heck even that pyscho bishop is cooler than most generic characters you see nowadays.

Oh and the banter. The dialogue in this anime is beyond comparable. Every single scene has godly dialogue. For instance, the scene from episode 4 where Ai is introduced. I dare you to find me better banter than that. Granted Steins;Gate has good stuff too but that show is nowhere near as interesting overall with only the banter standing out.

This is pretty much the only show I can re-watch ten times in a row without getting bored...Okay, I don't mean to imply that it's the only good show, but still. I can't re-watch Hen Zemi because its too much (even for me), and there is not much point to re-watching Yondemasu Azazel San and Hyouge Mono and I can only watch AnoHana episodes at most twice before they lose the charm...and those are the only other shows that really stand out... Okay, maybe Sket Dance too...(I am watching everything airing and now that I think about it, this season is much better than recent seasons in terms of the number of good shows... stuff like C, A Channel, Nichijou, Hanasaku Iroha and Denpa aren't bad at all...not to mention Dororon Enma kun...oh god...) apart from Touwa Meme (that show itself doesn't really stand out though)... but this show, I can watch every episode, both as standalone and as part of the narrative, however many times. And if you do watch the show from the beginning till now, you will realize just how much the plot has actually gathered together. All that nonsensical stuff has already come a long way into forming a coherent narrative. And it can only get better.

That said, that Shu-chan scene....
caught even me off-guard

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2011-05-14 at 06:53. Reason: If only more people followed this gem but... yeah, I do suffer from the 'edit posts too much' syndrome.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 06:43   Link #202
tsunade666

episode 6 do earn more points.

Nemu is delusional and Kobato is the imouto right? I wonder how can she tell which is the one who is because in their inner self they might look different but in the outside they all look the same. Maybe because she's the imouto and already knew what's going on with his big bro. Kakeru cares for his imouto in his own way but both siblings are screwed. Good thing the okama bastard is caught. Among all the 4 personalities it looks like Garuda is the most insane and dangerous. It looks like he also shows up if the other 3 is succumb to extreme anger. Shuu is earning points too on Hotori but.... this is probably the only show that can make scene treating a wound into like that lol
Old 2011-05-14, 06:47   Link #203
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nemu is delusional and Kobato is the imouto right? I wonder how can she tell which is the one who is because in their inner self they might look different but in the outside they all look the same. Maybe because she's the imouto and already knew what's going on with his big bro. Kakeru cares for his imouto in his own way but both siblings are screwed. Good thing the okama bastard is caught. Among all the 4 personalities it looks like Garuda is the most insane and dangerous. It looks like he also shows up if the other 3 is succumb to extreme anger. Shuu is earning points too on Hotori but.... this is probably the only show that can make scene treating a wound into like that lol
Nemu? You mean Naru? Oh and the show already established that Kobato knows what's up with her brother. Right when she was first introduced in fact.
Spoiler for minor but what gives:

Btw, thanks a lot for posting. I can finally stop editing my previous post. God I edited that thing probably a hundred times. It did make me realize just how many good shows are airing this season though... and I thought I was just about done with Anime o.0
Old 2011-05-14, 06:53   Link #204
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
During the nightclub scene there was a reference which was a particular case of "if you get this, you get this, and if you don't get this, you don't need to know".

I thought that was particularly well played because it was never actually mentioned.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 07:00   Link #205
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
During the nightclub scene there was a reference which was a particular case of "if you get this, you get this, and if you don't get this, you don't need to know".

I thought that was particularly well played because it was never actually mentioned.
You mean this?
Spoiler for I wouldn't really know since I never really walked down that path:
Old 2011-05-14, 09:16   Link #206
Calca
Expressionless

The wound treating was one of the more brilliantly executed visual jokes I've seen in awhile.

"I think this is Shuuske's wound"
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 09:37   Link #207
Calca
Expressionless

I don't know if a lot of you have seen these so you may be wondering what they are. For those of you who don't know or want to know what this is (since I think it is kind of important to Ootori's character)

Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-14, 09:45   Link #208
tsunade666

LSD what's that?
Old 2011-05-14, 09:50   Link #209
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
LSD what's that?
You've never heard of someone tripping acid? It's a powerful hallucinagenic drug. The Hendix song "Purple Haze" is about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LSD
Old 2011-05-14, 15:09   Link #210
Frogapus

Yay, my guess on Karura Itami was right.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Frogapus; 2011-05-14 at 15:49.
Frogapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 17:34   Link #211
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogapus View Post
Yay, my guess on Karura Itami was right.

Spoiler:
Ok, full blown speculation time. Actually, the show has given many many hints from the go, now that I think about it.

Spoiler for seriously long rambling and the tldr part is at the start and not the end:

Btw Bro FrogaPlus, you took 40 mins to edit that and noticed some of the stuff I was writing in the meantime (yea, took me hours, specially because the forums keep losing connection what the hell, this marks my fifth time writing this sentence). UNFAIR HAXX I tell you. Also, don't go around looking at fanart unless you want to be spoiled, which isn't the same as speculating and nowhere near as fun, imo anyway. Also, it was really obvious that there were 5 personalities. Don't spoil with game images for something the anime tells you face-front (pretty much) >.>

Spoiler for God Damn it:

Further edit:
Spoiler for small stuff:

Last edited by Forsaken_Infinity; 2011-05-14 at 19:36.
Old 2011-05-14, 19:44   Link #212

Spoiler for no1's bird:
147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-14, 20:55   Link #213
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 6:
Old 2011-05-14, 21:23   Link #214
AzureWrath

I think the most obvious answer is that our main character + Kakaru are huge fans of LARPing and they have multiple rules set in place for each character : O
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 17:16   Link #215
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacu View Post
This show is so bad it's kind of funny

Awful characters, lots of bad jokes, unispired fanservice, messy storyline, bad pace, 4-5$ dollar budget per episode.... it's a joke!
That's right to the spot, I'd say.
Navel has shown that they *can* deliver nice stuff, but this... while it is nicely drawn, the fanservice is ok (albeit uninspired), the rest is beyond awful
For the storyline, it seems everyone gets five minutes per episode to think up something, and then the ideas are randomly thrown together. Fuck the coherence!

Quote:
I don't know... this anime has some very good ideas, interesting scenes, but the execution is terrible. Non-existent transitions aside, storytelling is all-over the place, a lot of characters are drawing almost the same, and in this episode the most dramatic scene was completely ruined by elevator music. I just hope they manage to tie in the cast to the plot, because we're half way in, and except for the multiple personalities connecting the four guys, absolutely everything else is completely unrelated.
True, execution is terrible indeed
I don't think they'll manage to tie in the characters... they're just spamming new characters so they can brag with how much characters the show has, there's no real point behind it. There's not much effort behind the creation of the characters either - as you already mentioned, a lot of them look the same. They're just quickly created without afterthought to spam the show

Quote:
How could they not? They probably took all sorts of drugs and alcohol, when they came up with the "storyline" (if you can even call it that) for this
Old 2011-05-15, 17:24   Link #216
tsunade666

episode 7..... did the ratings drop or something because they brought back the fan service beginning and it's not even near Christmas yet the motif plus the fan service are too much it painted the world red.

EDIT: wow.... an amazing episode. I give up in the early part and leave it be because it's pointless fan service again but after Garuda shows up it's pure win. This guy is the ultimate wincest. The epitome of wincest. His highest priority Princess Dove or Kobato. Lol the whole episode after the senseless fan service is pure win. From Garuda to Phoenix to Crow unlimited cake works. Garuda also did create a grave mistake in a harem story that you go steady on one girl. It's the worst mistake to make all girls meet at one place though they really didn't meet but they are all there.

Plus they really have something against loli. The other studio did a crazy thing to on Aria. Now on hime-sama.

Garuda your the man.

Last edited by tsunade666; 2011-05-15 at 17:59.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-15, 18:45   Link #217
Forsaken_Infinity

I won't bother with trying to argue just why this show's execution is actually fucking awesome and how the characters, the setting and the plot are beyond win and NOT terrible. Just gonna ignore those kind of posts now because they can only come from someone with small attention span, someone who gets too blinded by fanservice (both the lovers and the haters of fanservice fall here), someone who can't keep track of things and finally someone who doesn't like having to string stuff together himself. I am very disappointed that people completely ignore the chain of discussion and simply keep bringing that argument from square one without anything to support their claims though. I mean, what the fuck. We clearly had a discussion about just how subtle the drug references were but then random guy comes in and claims the show itself is a work of people on crack so that was a given. A joke, I understand, but still an insult. It's not a big deal but I do wish more people would realize the awesomeness of the show. Oh well.

@147, yeah, I figured that after some thoughts.
Spoiler:

But seriously, I am quite impressed with the amount of detail they put. And in retrospective, even what seemed like completely random stuff actually has a tie in. Episode 1 was a heck lot less disorienting...in retrospective that is.

Provided how they are trying to pack in stuff from a very very long VN into a 12 episode series, I sincerely think they are doing a marvelous job. And the presentation along with the unique touches makes the anime actually worth salt unlike most VN adaptations we get.
Old 2011-05-16, 16:22   Link #218
Frogapus

Forsaken_Infinity, I'm a girl. Just sayin'.
Although it's really understandable you'd think I was a guy, considering I watch Oretachi.
Are there any other girls who watch this? They should.
Oh, and nice speculation, was worth the read.

Anyways, for episode 7, I was more or less laughing my ass off at Garuda. Even having no idea what he was saying, this guy is hilarious. I take it back, he's not evil, he's comedic relief.
I loved this episode.
Frogapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-16, 23:50   Link #219
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah. Need more Asuka, not another personality of main guy.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-17, 01:04   Link #220
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogapus View Post
Are there any other girls who watch this? They should.
I support that motion!
besides, what's there not to like? just a little healthy dose of fanservice every now and then... good for guys, good for girls.
btw, I'm not a girl.

too bad one of the most "controversial" girls in here, Himeji, has currently gone MIA...

back ontopic: I just happened to find this fan-made correlation chart, so I thought I'd share it here => http://sadpanda.us/images/484989-E3GMOS7.png
Dahak86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, seinen