AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku!! (2nd Season) - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 47 54.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 13.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.16%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-22, 15:11   Link #21
Nerroth
NePoi!

I saw about the Gundam 00 references over on RC, and I had to tune in.

Here's hoping the note on the GN Drives has an annex for making the fake ones here on Earth - we can't all afford a return trip to Jupiter, you know!

EDIT:
Spoiler for 00:

Last edited by Nerroth; 2009-09-23 at 00:16.
Old 2009-09-23, 00:29   Link #22
Mentar
Banned

Absolutely loved the Hinaliceku in Wonderland part - especially her towering over the horder of cardboard soldiers with Masamune in her hand. Goodness ^_^

So the wait for S3 begins.
Old 2009-09-23, 00:36   Link #23
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Everyone loves Packy... In the end, Hayate has to make them himself. Why didn't he do that from the start.

GN technology in HnG world. Is Hayate going to get a gundam soon?

'Mikumiku ni Shitari Saretari'. Does Hayate even have a weakness?

And that last scene. It better not be another marketing scheme like Haruhi. Having to wait 3 years for a 'new' series
Old 2009-09-23, 01:56   Link #24
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Lol, a very hayate-like episode to end the season. It was very enjoyable, and had me smiling quite a bit. Shame on you Nagi, secretly doing such things... And of course, the last segments had me wanting another season (since that was its purpose, i presume), and so I'm expecting at least of a new in a year.
Old 2009-09-23, 06:29   Link #25
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
And that last scene. It better not be another marketing scheme like Haruhi. Having to wait 3 years for a 'new' series
We only had to wait a year between season 1 and 2 (season 1 ended March 30th 2008, season 2 began April 4th 2009), so I would expect season 3 in either the spring or fall of next year.
Old 2009-09-23, 08:13   Link #26
xKeen

Great episode imo.The comedy in this episode kept me smiling from the start to the end.Fanservice of hina in maid and izumi in bunny costume fulfilled my fanservice needs.
When nagi was crying,I had a little tears too..probably cause of the great voice acting orrrr I'm a big baby.

Preview of the two characters were short but I find it really funny.I hope they would introduce A-tan in the next season (If there is one)...There is another season...no? I need more HnG or I'm gonna die >.>
Old 2009-09-23, 10:13   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Another reference in the episode is with Captain Tsubasa, when Hayate gets saved by a soccer ball that he refers to as his 'friend'. From memory, in an incident during when he was very young, Tsubasa also survived an automobile accident because he was such good 'friends' with his ball, and the ball saved him.

Two things I particularly like is that despite their seeming animosity towards each other, Nagi and Wataru still has a cordial relationship, if only offscreen.

But of course, my favourite part would be Aa-tan's brief appearance. It's short, not one line even spoken, but hey, it's the last thing we see. Really looking forward to a third season, whenever that is.

Overall, this is the Hayate comedy we've known from the first season, but much better well done. Probably one of the reasons why it works is because its, in memory, the only episode that's specifically for it, while in the first season they just swamped you with too much of a good thing.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:49   Link #28
johnyvez15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
We only had to wait a year between season 1 and 2 (season 1 ended March 30th 2008, season 2 began April 4th 2009), so I would expect season 3 in either the spring or fall of next year.
well, i hope that it would be next year, but, i think that it would be better to be released on 2011(either spring or fall) due to that their were only little reference for athena(on manga).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibber View Post
No Risa episode, huh, maybe in 3rd season? Loved the episode, gonna miss the weekly episodes for now.
that really spoils the 2nd OP that it shows risa and hayate getting chased by an alligator but not scene on an episode. whatta JC!

Spoiler for want to hear athena's character voiced! ^^:
Old 2009-09-23, 15:30   Link #29
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyvez15 View Post
well, i hope that it would be next year, but, i think that it would be better to be released on 2011(either spring or fall) due to that their were only little reference for athena(on manga).
...What? Either the way you're explaining this makes no sense, or you haven't read the manga. There's more than enough for another season. 90+ chapters as of now, and by spring there'd be another 20+.

Quote:
Spoiler for want to hear athena's character voiced! ^^:
Spoiler for Is a voice actor really a spoiler?:
Old 2009-09-23, 17:56   Link #30
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
It was a good ending.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2009-09-23, 18:23   Link #31
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Kawasumi Ayako already proved to be a fantastic choice for Athena
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-09-23, 18:46   Link #32
SilverLunar

I think that episode 24 was a better fit as a final episode to me than this TBH.
Since i am only an anime watcher i was literary shocked when Hayate said that he had a brother, so i searched and read the manga chapters that involved him and the mysterious girl that appeared in the very last scene in the episode.

oh and have anyone noticed in the opening, there was a scene with Hayate and another character being attacked by a huge white alligator... I am the only one who is pissed off that this didn't happen anywhere in the anime???

Old 2009-09-23, 19:58   Link #33
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyvez15 View Post
that really spoils the 2nd OP that it shows risa and hayate getting chased by an alligator but not scene on an episode. whatta JC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverLunar View Post
oh and have anyone noticed in the opening, there was a scene with Hayate and another character being attacked by a huge white alligator... I am the only one who is pissed off that this didn't happen anywhere in the anime???
Is it possible to infer from this that the 3rd season would possibly be done by JC Staff? Or maybe an even wilder guess that it is already currently in progress? Perhaps they have planned it together with Season 2, but decided to separate the later episodes into another season.
Old 2009-09-23, 20:25   Link #34
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by teelotes View Post
Is it possible to infer from this that the 3rd season would possibly be done by JC Staff? Or maybe an even wilder guess that it is already currently in progress? Perhaps they have planned it together with Season 2, but decided to separate the later episodes into another season.
It's possible. I believe JC Staff did that with Slayers Revolution/Evolution-R. Revolution ended at the end of September, and Evolution-R (direct sequel, technically part 2 of the same season in a sense) started in January.
Old 2009-09-23, 21:20   Link #35
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It's possible. I believe JC Staff did that with Slayers Revolution/Evolution-R. Revolution ended at the end of September, and Evolution-R (direct sequel, technically part 2 of the same season in a sense) started in January.
Or a more popular example of this would be Gundam 00 part 1 and 2.
Old 2009-09-24, 03:46   Link #36
johnyvez15

@GDB
so it was Ayako Kawasumi who voiced her...(I dunno that EHe! anyway tnx for that :P)
well i haven't read RAW manga(cant read) but have read translated ones so I really dont have an idea that it would reach up now up to 20+ episodes(for 90+chaps) if it gets animated.

Spoiler for just to say:
Old 2009-09-24, 07:06   Link #37
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

HINAGIKU IN WONDERLAND!

This episode is lovely, but I have a feeling that the series are going a little too fast.

P.S She seems to be carrying the Bishamon Sword from the Onimusha series in the end. And there is quite a number of G00 references.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-09-24, 08:16   Link #38
kniteowl

Ah.... I CAN'T WAIT... unless I hear an announcement date soon, I'll go read the manga, I MUST KNOW MORE ABOUT Hayate's Brother & his ex-girlfriend (Mystery girl).

Right after I study for my exams lmao...

Man that tease at the end is killer... now I have 3 shows that I can't wait for next season, Hayate, Haruhi and Spice & Wolf... probably Saki but it'll be ages before Saki has 2nd season... I"m guessing 3 years lol.
Old 2009-09-24, 09:07   Link #39
JaLooNz
Longtime Member

Hopes it continues airing tomorrow! (Or izzit Saturday?)
Old 2009-09-24, 09:53   Link #40
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
P.S She seems to be carrying the Bishamon Sword from the Onimusha series in the end. And there is quite a number of G00 references.
Er... that's clearly Masamune she is wielding. But yes to the rest, many G00 references.
Closed Thread