Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-04, 00:57   Link #261
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
That's just disappointing. Oh well, let's just make the best of it then. I hope the pacing gets better at the very least.
Well if they're are going to have to rush through certain parts, I'm hoping that it'll be the less relevant ones, thus giving the more "important" moments a more well paced treatment.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:08   Link #262
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
I agree with Vbann. As I recall, episode 167 was rather fast, too.

I'm sure they'll slow down. If they don't, they're shooting themselves in the foot. I mean, why revive a dead cow if you aren't going to milk it?
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:13   Link #263
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The reality is, though, if they're going to pack all the chapters into 26 eps they're going to have to keep going at close to this pace. Not quite, but close. Unless the myriad reports of 26 being "the" number are false, we're looking at a breakneck pace only marginally less frenetic than 168.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:14   Link #264
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Well if they're are going to have to rush through certain parts, I'm hoping that it'll be the less relevant ones, thus giving the more "important" moments a more well paced treatment.
Although I do agree with that, I'm concerned that certain aspects of the plot will lose it's emotional impact because of the limit.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:15   Link #265
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

The first episode deserves a fucking speeding ticket, yeesh. No easing the viewer back into the loop whatsoever. Guess this really isn't intended for newcomers to the franchise.

ED struck me as very Gundam Wing-ish for some reason....
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 01:32   Link #266
vspirit
...huh?

^And I'm willing to guess that it's because of the eurobeat elements.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 02:21   Link #267
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I was maybe going to check this out if there were a recap of some sort, but I'm way to far behind on the old series to ever have an idea of what might be going on at this point. Nice OP/ED as expected though and I'll be adding those to my collection when the time comes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 02:46   Link #268
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
The first episode deserves a fucking speeding ticket, yeesh.
speeding ticket indeed lol..... I have to admit I got kinda dizzy by all the fast changing scenes....
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 03:56   Link #269
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I was skimming the episode when I found it on youtube about an hour ago and from what I saw it indeed fit the bill of "could have been any old Inuyasha episode" and that got me thinking. What if the breakneck pace that it feels like could actually just be that it's treating the episode like any other episode and yet we're all probably expecting a slow build back in given that it's 5 years later and the series has "final act" tacted onto it. It's been said that the episode doesn't do anything to ease people back into things, so what if it's just treating it like a time skip and like it's episode 168 instead of episode 1 of a new series. That could be the best way to watch it and I'm almost thinking it feels kind of cool in a way. What with the fact that the show still looks exactly the same as a turn of the century work.

Granted it does seem a bit strange that a show like Gundam 00 could come back for it's second season only after a 6 months with a time skip and a moderate build while it seems like Inuyasha goes off four years and comes back with a slight timeskip (who knows if it was a week a month a year or more given the time travel nature of the whole series could be happening within a matter of months. And now that I think of it it's weird [or convenient] that the well somehow always seems to plant Kagome back into things at a time proportional to which she's travelling in the present ) and like 5 years of being off the air never happened.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 04:07   Link #270
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
@Kai: I agree with you completely, actually.

I'm not treating this as a new series. It was advertised as a continuation, thereby making it the same as a new season. You're meant to forget the previous 3 years of hiatus.

I'm honestly very confused why Viz and other places are treating it as a seperate series when it's just the same series, plus a sub-title, but the plot continues right from the last episode (and I do mean RIGHT where it left off. I recall when I tried reading from that point that the panel of Inuyasha and Kagome in a tree came immediately before the pages with Kagura in the dungeon).

Could it also be possible that this is the speed that Inuyasha always went at and 3 years without it has made us forget?

Edit: Because I just noticed random new rep comments from this thread and I don't know who posted them, so....

ANN reported days/weeks ago that the 3rd was going to be the airing of the IYK preview and the 10th would be its official starting date. Look back through their archieval news, you'll find it.

And whoever said "Entitlement", entitlement to what? I was being very serious in my post.
Old 2009-10-04, 06:22   Link #271
ChibiBear
Aim's Stalker ^_~

Send a message via MSN to ChibiBear
I'm just glad this show's back on
Old 2009-10-04, 08:37   Link #272
Divaa

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't mind the pacing at all in the episode, I didn't need a whole episode to sink in the emotional impact. It has been years since the show ended but I have a faint memory of it. And if you dont remember what's going on Hulu has the first season there as well.
Anyways, it still has the old inuyasha look and I was excited to see all those old faces i've grown to miss, but I think because of the fact I didn't really read the manga from the stop of the show to the end, I feel as if im not missing out on anything.
Divaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 08:59   Link #273
justavisitor

doesn't have time to pick up the episode, but I checked the op and ed...not bad, but in my opinion not on par with the old one (like "every heart" from BoA..that song was just great)

so 26 episodes for about 100 chapters?? not too bad as I can normally read around 4 chapters within 20 minutes (Off topic, I can probably read 10 Bleach's chapters within 3 minutes...) ...probably I will watch this series
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 09:25   Link #274
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

Thumbs up

Finally watched it! The op and ed are so awesome. I really love the song and animation.

About the story, well.. feels too fast and already reach vol 38 (while the priest past through kikyo-sama barrier IIRC..)

If it's goes like this, sunrise need less than 26 ep to finish it. I hope this just happen in ep one considering this as an 'intro ep'. Can't wait for the next ep!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 09:42   Link #275
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
doesn't have time to pick up the episode, but I checked the op and ed...not bad, but in my opinion not on par with the old one (like "every heart" from BoA..that song was just great)

so 26 episodes for about 100 chapters?? not too bad as I can normally read around 4 chapters within 20 minutes (Off topic, I can probably read 10 Bleach's chapters within 3 minutes...) ...probably I will watch this series
Make that 200 chapters. Give or take 2.

@Kirvee - Not just because long stories are good, but, well, take this episode. I enjoyed it, but I feel a little worn out afterwards. They don't give you a single moment to catch your breath. It has a hurried tone, not a calm, peaceful one like you get when you take a much slower, mellower pace.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 11:20   Link #276
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
Could it also be possible that this is the speed that Inuyasha always went at and 3 years without it has made us forget?
No it did not always go at this speed (at least to this extent). They covered around 10-15 chapters or something in this one episode. There is around 200 chapters left to cover, so there will probably be more episodes like this.

With all that said I still enjoyed the episode and since I pretty much knew the little in betweens where they were jumping around (having read the manga) it actually didn't hinder my viewing experience all too much, more so it just surprised me at first.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 12:49   Link #277
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Count me among those who's worried about the pace of this first new Inyusha episode in four years, and what it may imply for the rest of this "final chapter".

I loved the return of the familiar character designs, which are as sharp as they were in the last few seasons of the series; I loved hearing the same old voices (They haven't aged! Especially Kagome's, still feisty yet elegant); I also liked the lush background art, which continues the progressive improvement over the low-budget scratchings of the first two seasons (I've been rewatching the series in anticipation of The Final Act).

And precisely because I've been rewatching the series, I can confidently say that this episode moved a little bit too fast. There's not enough breathing room for character and plot development to sink in. It's almost as though Sunrise decided that the best way to reintroduce old fans to the series is to start the sequel at double-quick speed, squeezing in all the characters into a single episode to keep every fan happy.

As a result, it's hard to feel anything for most of the characters, familiar though they may be. Almost all of them have been reduced to cameo appearances, as though this were yet another one of the Inuyasha movies. To me, only Kagura received sufficient airtime for me to feel sorry for her. Well, she's been the sympathetic turncoat for a while now, so it's nice to see that status finally acknowledged by Inuyasha and gang.

As for the new songs, even though I'm a DAI fan, I can't say I'm terribly impressed by the OP. The ED, on the other hand, I liked a lot better.

I do hope the pace would slow down once the dust settles. All the same, I can't help but have a bad feeling over how it may turn out.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 13:08   Link #278
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I just watched the first episode... it does look interesting
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 16:03   Link #279
itisjustme

Wow, talk about rushed... Also no introduction after a years long break to refresh people's memory, this is worrying.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-04, 19:03   Link #280
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

@Itisjustme: But there was technically an introduction/recap. They started talking about Naraku's heart and its current location/state, and then all of a sudden we were in a recap of the final few events from 3 years ago. Maybe I'm the only one who think this, but that was all the intro I needed after 3 years without this series.

Tags
adventure, shounen