AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 6 14.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 29.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 24.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 24.39%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-10, 16:29   Link #21
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
Also, he might have to become her grandmother. But one step at a time.
So bassically...

1.Sex change
2.Plastic surgery
3.Shoot earth off into space at relativistic speeds, so that when it returns due to time dilation Ko is in his her late 60's.
4.???
5.Love/Profit.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:02   Link #22
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

hmm, they did what i didn't want them to do (help the inn) but i guess the way they did it was okay enough. plus we got hot spring service at the end. highly enjoyable. about 3/4 through, i was about to rant about how Okada was trolling us by pairing the guy up with Ohana. haha.

"i have a lumpy futon and Minchi is my roommate!"
"that has nothing to do with it..."

also, ED2 sucks. bring back ED1!!!!

anywho, character development for what's his face next week. probably shaped around Ohana's mom.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:30   Link #23
marcosius
Anime Critic
*Author

Was a very good episode. But Yuina is on the horns of a dilemma (like Ohana), her career or her love.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:39   Link #24
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post

Truth. No man slaps a girl - especially if they love that girl and intend to date her.
What if your slapping them with another part of your body.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:41   Link #25
Grey

It was fun seeing Yuina get motivated after Yosuke said he'd take someone like Ohana over Yuina. The power of pride!

I wonder if we'll see a resolution for them at the end of the series.

I adore the heron as always.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:57   Link #26
ChairmanMeow
Great Helmscat

Wasn't really expecting Ohana to affect Yuina that much, was really thinking it would be the other way around.

Also, I, for one, am happy that next episode might actually focus on Enishi. He has not had enough focus, and I just pity him so much.
Old 2011-07-10, 17:59   Link #27
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well, at the very least Yuina wants Yosuke to keep the most important part of the promise... ie. the being engaged part. And to be quite frank, that's all I really care about. Yuina getting distressed when Yosuke said they can't get married was so cute IMO.

Tomatsu should really do more of these roles, as I like it better than the tsundere she usually gets typecasted as.

And more than ever I firmly believe on what I said before... that the Yuina/Yosuke combo is perfect for running an inn, as both have strenghts in different areas that covers the others weaknesses. Now the only problem is WHICH inn they'll run, as both are sole heirs of their respective inns. XD

BTW, which inn is the Fukuya Inn Yuina was joking about becoming the okami of?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2011-07-10, 18:02   Link #28
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
BTW, which inn is the Fukuya Inn Yuina was joking about becoming the okami of?
That's the inn that she lives in. The one that her grandmother runs. The one that (technically speaking) she's in line to inherit.
Old 2011-07-10, 20:19   Link #29
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Good, solid conclusion to a nice two-parter.

Yuina gets some needed spotlight and character development, while Ohana sparkles once more.

I'm also pleased to see Ohana and Minko gradually grow closer together through being colleagues and around each other a lot, almost like the female equivalent to Tiger and Bunny.

The artstyle and animation are gorgeous as usual. Hanasaku really is a solid notch or two above in these categories, imo.

Fried chicken flavored ice cream... not sure if even Col. Sanders would support that, lol.
Old 2011-07-10, 20:40   Link #30
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Fried chicken flavored ice cream... not sure if even Col. Sanders would support that, lol.
Well I've heard there are ice cream venues in Japan that serve some rather...perturbing things.
Old 2011-07-10, 20:58   Link #31
The Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
It's worse than that. It's mango ice cream with fried chicken topping.

And now we know why Chairman Kaga ate that improperly prepared fugu.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:06   Link #32
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Hmm. Pleasant enough, but pretty much a yawn for me. They help out the inn in its hour of need? How original. And is the message really that Yuina was wrong for wanting to do something else with her life besides work at an inn? Just because it's right for Ohana doesn't mean it's right for her.

I think a break from the heavy emotional stuff was fine, but one ep was enough. It's time to focus again.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:28   Link #33
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Hmm. Pleasant enough, but pretty much a yawn for me. They help out the inn in its hour of need? How original. And is the message really that Yuina was wrong for wanting to do something else with her life besides work at an inn? Just because it's right for Ohana doesn't mean it's right for her.

I think a break from the heavy emotional stuff was fine, but one ep was enough. It's time to focus again.
Yuina didn't want to work at the inn because she saw how hard others around her worked everyday. She wanted to do something else, other than working in the inn. After she helped clean the shower, she noticed that it wasn't that bad. I guess the moral of this episode is you can't based your opinions on how things are unless you experienced it.

e.g. When the wii came out it was all hyped, and there were so much demand for it. Everyone wanted to get one. In reality it's a shit console and now that people have played it, the wii is collecting dust.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:39   Link #34
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Let Yuina be Yuina. If she's a free spirit and more interested in art or something, and she's lucky enough to be in a position to pursue it, God speed. I've worked in the service industry at both ends of the power structure and it's hard, generally thankless work. If Ohana wants to do it, great - let her do it (though it helps make it a real future if your family owns the inn). It's fine that Yuina should learn how to do some hard work - I get that. She's flighty and kind of silly. But I don't like the tone that Yuina is somehow defective for wanting to do something else with her life, and that was the sense I got from the episode. And for frick's sake, whatever Yosuke thinks she should do shouldn't make the tiniest iota of difference. If she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life working at an inn for her husband he can accept that about her or he can move right along.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:44   Link #35
deadite

So I guess they are moving the Minko two parter to a later date.
Old 2011-07-10, 21:57   Link #36
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Let Yuina be Yuina. If she's a free spirit and more interested in art or something, and she's lucky enough to be in a position to pursue it, God speed. I've worked in the service industry at both ends of the power structure and it's hard, generally thankless work. If Ohana wants to do it, great - let her do it (though it helps make it a real future if your family owns the inn). It's fine that Yuina should learn how to do some hard work - I get that. She's flighty and kind of silly. But I don't like the tone that Yuina is somehow defective for wanting to do something else with her life, and that was the sense I got from the episode. And for frick's sake, whatever Yosuke thinks she should do shouldn't make the tiniest iota of difference. If she doesn't want to spend the rest of her life working at an inn for her husband he can accept that about her or he can move right along.
I'm not sure what you're getting at the end there...isn't that EXACTLY what he told Yuina that he was perfectly willing to do? Move on and not stew over things that turned out to be out of reach for him?

Frankly, it was kind of refreshing to see Yuina and Yosuke sharing their thoughts with each other openly like that. Maybe not everyone liked what one or both of them concluded by the end, but at least they communicated with eachother.
Old 2011-07-10, 22:48   Link #37
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
In fairness to Yosuke, his entire engagement with Yuina is (for him) predicated on them eventually running the Inn together.

And - though somewhat silly - the fact they made a childhood promise to do so does give him some basis for thinking that this is what Yuina wants to do anyway.

Of course it is silly for childhood promises to be taken this seriously a decade or so after the fact, but that is a common anime trope...

So I don't see much reason to fault Yosuke here.

That being said, I see Guardian Enzo's larger point. While I get the sense this episode was trying to say something, I'm not altogether sure if I agree with what that theme is.

That, and a slight lack of originality here is why this episode was a 8/10 for me, but not higher.
Old 2011-07-10, 22:55   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's just it - I'm not faulting Yosuke, I'm faulting the POV the episode seemed to be taking that Yuina was in the wrong for not wanting to live her life the way he wanted her to live it.
Old 2011-07-10, 23:13   Link #39
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

A good conclusion to Yuina's arc. It was nice that her character was developed too.

Too bad:
-Yuina was annoying
-Ohana was as insane as ever (how many times has this pattern occurred already? You know, "Oh crap, there is a problem!" --> "Time to go break into wherever and get everything to work my way!")
-To be honest, it was a good conclusion, but I didn't feel anything and the arc itself felt... "...."

But it looks like Yamakan is the focus of next week?! Now that is the highlight of this episode.
What language is the ED anyways?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2011-07-11, 01:42   Link #40
Jonothon

Passion...

Every single recurring character has something they are passionate about which means everyone is festing it up. Everyone but Yuina. She seemed to float through life like a piece of dandelion fluff while everyone else, her friends, her fiance and her grandmother was festing it up like crazy.

These two episodes made Yuina, to me, a more complete and interesting character.

I found it interesting that at the end, Yosuke took the pressure off Yuina and they could be affectionate as old friends. Nothing between them is an understanding any longer, but possibilites are there. I kind of wish that had happened between Ko and Ohana.
Closed Thread