AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2016-08-23, 17:35   Link #141
Brother Coa
Banned

To be honest, now that I looked all episodes so far I find Junko's reasoning for Despair to solely exists and win...quite stupid....

"Despair must win because Hope is boring."

And despair is not boring? With hope you at least have some kind of improvement here and there because hope is making people to struggle to find or invest into somethin better - for themselves or everyone else.

Despair is the ultimate stalemate, one can only take one look at 40k and be done with it. In 40k despair is everyone and hope is so low it cannot really count everywhere. And what is result of such setting? There is no improvement at all for thousands of years, there is war everywhere, everyone is in such mood that they are good with working their entire life without advancing at all, life is too short to have anything meaningless happening and in the end you are nothing more than a brick in the wall no matter how much important you are. While this universe is awesome on it's own and my all-favorite it would actually be quite boring for your average person living in it.

In despair there is no advancement, there is only stalemate. And while despair do offer some satisfaction from feeling it it can only last so long before it is gone. Because when nothing is happening boredom is the ultimate result. That or death, in the end despair will destroy everything because people will kill each-other to feel more despair.

Hope on the other hand is not boring as it inspires everlasting change, something new is always happening in hope - be it destruction or creation. It's why it always win in the end, even if it suffer failure here and there.

Junko is not only extremely smart when it comes to torturing and killing people - she is also qutie stupid when it comes to looking at bigger picture. Hell, even in Danganronpa she hoped to be exposed and defeated by Naegi only to experience more despair - she used hope to get despair. Talking about contradicting yourself....
Brother Coa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 22:20   Link #142
Imperfection
A NEET in space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Coa View Post
To be honest, now that I looked all episodes so far I find Junko's reasoning for Despair to solely exists and win...quite stupid....

"Despair must win because Hope is boring."

And despair is not boring? With hope you at least have some kind of improvement here and there because hope is making people to struggle to find or invest into somethin better - for themselves or everyone else.

In despair there is no advancement, there is only stalemate. And while despair do offer some satisfaction from feeling it it can only last so long before it is gone. Because when nothing is happening boredom is the ultimate result. That or death, in the end despair will destroy everything because people will kill each-other to feel more despair.
Yea it actually is pretty confusing. Honestly, I feel if Junko truly wished to feel despair, she would definitely value hope more, since theyre two sides of the same coin. Like komaeda said, overcoming greater despair births a greater hope, and greater hope can birth a greater despair.

I feel to me Junko is much more a thrill seeker than anything. I feel if despair won and the world was driven into even more utter chaos than it is currently, Junko (if she was still alive) would become so bored she wouldnt know what to do with herself. I can actually see Junko appreciating hope at that point, if only because it is hope that makes despair so exciting for her.
Imperfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-29, 02:22   Link #143
Golden_Witch

So, what do you guys think of the "It's an anime made by Ryota" theory?

I only stumbled upon by chance, but we do have "No Good" codes, right?
Can we talk about a coincidence that an "NG" is a scene which is either a mistake or intended to occur differently in series, movies or anime?
Persona 4 anime as example where there were 2 Chie's in one scene is an NG.

I was thinking about the "anime" theory and thought:
What if NG Codes are triggers for NG scenes?
Basically, Ryota made the anime the NG codes are scenes he didn't intend cause someone hijacked his work.

For example, Bandai died due to his NG code. That is an NG scene not intended to occur.
NG scenes = Not following the script = NG code activates = Death.

Likewise, Tengan was supposed to answer all questions with a lie, if I remember right.
Perhaps Tengan was the original bad guy in Ryota's anime.
Golden_Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 02:06   Link #144
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

No his forbidden action was to answer a question with a lie. Besides some of these actions seem to be designed in a way that they definitely will happen. I mean, open his hand? That was definitely to prevent him from saving someone.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 09:52   Link #145
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

TIME PARADOX

https://aww.moe/qljfmm.webm
Old 2016-09-02, 13:53   Link #146
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Did you make this?

xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-02, 13:59   Link #147
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Did you make this?

xD
A friend made it.
Old 2016-09-02, 16:47   Link #148
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
A friend made it.
Can you ask him if I can upload it to nico? I just want to see how the viewers react to it. xD. But the credits...are for a different show?

Old 2016-09-02, 17:36   Link #149
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can you ask him if I can upload it to nico? I just want to see how the viewers react to it. xD. But the credits...are for a different show?
Do it. Don't know about the credits though
Old 2016-09-07, 14:52   Link #150
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Btw, since I was rather late to the party I only now noticed that Nagito and Naegi has the same seiyuu, and that Nagito's name is an anagram of Naegi's name. Really homes the point that Nagito is a messed and jumbled up version of Naegi
Old 2016-09-07, 16:10   Link #151
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Btw, since I was rather late to the party I only now noticed that Nagito and Naegi has the same seiyuu, and that Nagito's name is an anagram of Naegi's name. Really homes the point that Nagito is a messed and jumbled up version of Naegi
Well, for me, I just WISH we had those 2 interact with each other.

Old 2016-09-08, 03:41   Link #152
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

From what I understand, Komaeda and Naegi being anagrams of eachother is a complete coincidence, if the writer himself is to be believed.
Old 2016-09-08, 05:35   Link #153
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Complete coincidence in-universe maybe, but you'll excuse me for not believing that on a meta level
Old 2016-09-13, 23:53   Link #154
AP24

I finished Danganronpa 2 game, should I also play Ultra Despair Girls?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 16:06   Link #155
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, if you want the full experience, yes. But very few things happen there that are absolutely crucial. That said, it does a very good job of world building, and it's totally worth it just for that.
Old 2016-09-14, 21:30   Link #156
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Well, if you want the full experience, yes. But very few things happen there that are absolutely crucial. That said, it does a very good job of world building, and it's totally worth it just for that.
Is there anything crucial in Ultra Despair Girls that are important to know before watching Danganronpa 3?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-14, 23:55   Link #157
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Is there anything crucial in Ultra Despair Girls that are important to know before watching Danganronpa 3?
Other than knowing about Monaca, I don't think so.

Old 2016-09-15, 02:47   Link #158
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Again, if you want the full experience, then yes. If you're fine not knowing every little detail, then not really.
Old 2016-11-22, 09:27   Link #159
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Interview about D3 with the author Kodaka and the animation producer
http://kamase-megane.tumblr.com/post...post-kibou-hen
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-26, 14:05   Link #160
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Somewhat insightful. Looks like the creators at the very least got to enjoy their own work.

Kodaka plainly admitting that he wanted to write a happy ending for all the surviving characters from the games. I suppose that's his right, but it still saddens me that he went this route. I mean I don't really like a bloodbath... But DR3 didn't have enough, you know, despair. I hope he goes back to his butcher self for V3.