AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-03-14, 10:12   Link #1241
Nitestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Isn't that strange considering Sei's explanation of the RG system which if I remember correctly uses the internal plavsky particles of STB to empowering the internal structure of the unit. For it to overflow in such a way contradicts the idea of concentrating the particles to improve performance.

If you ask me she could have foreseen the attack, before the entire amount of particles blocked her field of vision. But hey maybe I'm just sad I'll never get to see Aila face Yuuki because by the current standards he is probably this series ace.
The Exia's Trans-Am system would probably be far worse than a "flashlight" in the eyes to Aila, so I'm doubtful she would have much of a chance. If he were using the Kampfer Amazing, well that would be a different story then.

The interesting thing about Aila is her advantage largely comes from people being unaware of her actual ability. If it came to light, just about every competent builder out there could beat her by designing their Gunpla to splurge out particles everywhere.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 14:56   Link #1242
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post
The Exia's Trans-Am system would probably be far worse than a "flashlight" in the eyes to Aila, so I'm doubtful she would have much of a chance. If he were using the Kampfer Amazing, well that would be a different story then.

The interesting thing about Aila is her advantage largely comes from people being unaware of her actual ability. If it came to light, just about every competent builder out there could beat her by designing their Gunpla to splurge out particles everywhere.
So logically, her next step should be to train herself to compensate for that/build up a resistance.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-14, 15:20   Link #1243
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
So logically, her next step should be to train herself to compensate for that/build up a resistance.
Is that even possible though? It's like training yourself not to go blind when looking at the sun.

Honestly it seems like Aila is pretty well screwed long term as a fighter. Ironically the one place she could probably get something to help her out would be the Flana Institute. Some special gear that can act like sunglasses and lessen the brightness.

Either that or equipping her unit with something that will blind her opponents in order to even the playing field .
Old 2014-03-14, 16:32   Link #1244
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Is that even possible though? It's like training yourself not to go blind when looking at the sun.
This being anime, sure. I've seen characters train themselves to do far more absurd things.
Old 2014-03-16, 07:30   Link #1245
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
This being anime, sure. I've seen characters train themselves to do far more absurd things.
but this is gundam yknow... that kind of training could only be found on shonen battle fantasy...
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 14:07   Link #1246
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
but this is gundam yknow... that kind of training could only be found on shonen battle fantasy...
Which is what Build Fighters essentially is. And this doesn't seem any more implausible to me than being able to sense Plavsky particles, or for that matter the existence of Plavsky Particles in the first place.
Old 2014-03-16, 20:15   Link #1247
Sinzz
Orange

She could train herself to instead be overwhelmed by the particles, she could focus on the largest concentration of particles or point of origin and either dodge or attack.

Taking another look at the hgbf crossbones gundam, and seeing as Aila got a new MS, I have a feeling the crossbone gundam could be Mao's since his was recently destroyed. Or maybe its because of the X on the back that resembles his previous gundam.
Sinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 21:36   Link #1248
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Considering HOW Aila saw them I think something like adjustable sunshade should suffice

The darker the shades the more particle emission filtered

It will guarantee a giant visor though, so another Aila cosplay I guess?
Old 2014-03-16, 21:43   Link #1249
Blazer-X

Wait a second. She took off her 99+% helmet. Maybe there was a way out and she just couldn't see it because she's missing 20% of her view.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 21:58   Link #1250
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Wait a second. She took off her 99+% helmet. Maybe there was a way out and she just couldn't see it because she's missing 20% of her view.
NO

That percentage is actually how the helmet INCREASE her vision and thus accuracy of prediction, so if anything the helmet will make it worse
Old 2014-03-16, 22:06   Link #1251
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
NO

That percentage is actually how the helmet INCREASE her vision and thus accuracy of prediction, so if anything the helmet will make it worse
In other words you are saying when her embody count was at 300% output, she still wouldn't be able to dodge the last build knuckle build somehow I find that hard to believe. Especially when before they were fighting with the RG system activated, Aila seemed to have no problem dodging and combating Reiji, my question is what made the winning punch different?
Old 2014-03-16, 22:11   Link #1252
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
what made the winning punch different?
RG System made a literal typhoon eye of plavsky particles, flooding the gunpla with plavsky inside out

Focusing that much particle in a single fist? No wonder it blinded her.
Old 2014-03-16, 22:30   Link #1253
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
RG System made a literal typhoon eye of plavsky particles, flooding the gunpla with plavsky inside out

Focusing that much particle in a single fist? No wonder it blinded her.
That point I concede but Aila with her embody suit would most likely be able to dodge that build knuckle. Since the suit improved the accuracy of the prediction it would probably be able to filter particles that does not coincide with the build knuckles attack effectively improving her prediction and make her more than capable of dodging the punch. I don't think the suit improved her ability of seeing particles rather filtered out the particles that don't help in prediction but since this is just an assumption feel free to disagree.
Old 2014-03-16, 22:47   Link #1254
Aurelis
Daydreamer

The whole blinding particles was just a poor excuse for Aila's defeat, who up until then was dodging faster, swifter combination of attacks at a much closer range. To have her momentarily paralyzed by her surprise at the particle output was quite disappointing.

The knuckle attack was from a further distance in a straight-line charge, which should have provided enough time for Aila and Qubeley to dodge sideways and execute a counter attack. The dodging should have come from the time lapse between execution and impact and not necessarily due to predicting the attack's location since we all can guess where the Strike was gonna hit.

You know, Aila's ability seems to be more suited to counter melee/physical moves as the particles flows with the unit's limbs. I wonder how Aila's ability will combat against unpredictable beam attacks such as reflected beam INCOMs like Ex-S and Shamblo.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 23:07   Link #1255
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
That point I concede but Aila with her embody suit would most likely be able to dodge that build knuckle. Since the suit improved the accuracy of the prediction it would probably be able to filter particles that does not coincide with the build knuckles attack effectively improving her prediction and make her more than capable of dodging the punch.
Her prediction ability relies on her seeing how the particles move. Trying to "filter particles" in a particle stream like how Build Knuckle did is like trying to spot a fly while looking directly at the sun: you simply won't see it.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 00:04   Link #1256
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
You know, Aila's ability seems to be more suited to counter melee/physical moves as the particles flows with the unit's limbs. I wonder how Aila's ability will combat against unpredictable beam attacks such as reflected beam INCOMs like Ex-S and Shamblo.
Actually, no

Notice that before anyone fired their attack there will be particle emission from their weapon (source: flashback with Barthes)

So yes, Aila can pretty much aim-dodge anything, I am pretty sure even Yuuki would have a problem fighting her at range.

Her power are hax like that.
Old 2014-03-17, 00:14   Link #1257
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I think for Aila to win against something like the RG System she'd need some kind of special sunglasses. Ideally something elaborate enough that she could activate and deactivate so not to limit her ability more than necessary for a given situation. After all her ability is great when not being blinded so might as well not use something that would always limit her ability to see the particles.

Of course that's not exactly easy to accomplish. The Flana Institute is really the only group with the knowledge of Aila's ability and skill to create something like that and she's cut ties. Maybe they could turn to Nils who has as good an understanding of the particles as anyone outside of the company behind the tournament. I'd probably say he could come up with something because he's such a hax person anyways. Anyone who has more PHDs and martial arts mastery than is possible for someone that young should be able to come up with something .

Before the plot knuckle came into the picture I kind of wonder what would have happened if Aila won. I mean she was cutting ties with the Flana Institute. Who exactly has priority when it comes to going to the finals? The fighter or the builder? While a team splitting mid-tournament would likely be rare must be some rules in place for that kind of situation.
Old 2014-03-17, 01:38   Link #1258
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Before the plot knuckle came into the picture I kind of wonder what would have happened if Aila won. I mean she was cutting ties with the Flana Institute. Who exactly has priority when it comes to going to the finals? The fighter or the builder? While a team splitting mid-tournament would likely be rare must be some rules in place for that kind of situation.
Interesting indeed

I guess it's probably depends on legal position, Aila is a member of 'Team nemesis' and we can see from Julian's case that if there's a problem, a fighter can be replaced with ease.

So yeah, Aila probably got shafted, or they try to convince her to stay.
Old 2014-03-17, 04:11   Link #1259
n0m@n
C-Z

I know that everyone knows this already. But I thought I should share it.
Spoiler for op2:
Old 2014-03-17, 04:47   Link #1260
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Hello there new sexy Fenice
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Crossbone Gundam

Images
GYAN

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen