Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-03-15, 11:24   Link #1
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Keisatsu Sensha Tai TANK SWAT

Yes, mine favourite catgirls are back

And this time their on the good side, so that will mean more screentime for them

Hope their will be some character development for them besides the obvious action.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:15   Link #2
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Tank Police was on my list of "animes I'd like to see remakes of" and I was really happy to hear about this back when it was first announced. Then I heard my source was total BS. But then I heard it was true from another source. But then I heard that source was BS. But now I the news is everywhere so YAY!
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 19:56   Link #3
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

So does this new show have anything to do with Masamune Shirow?

Is this the trailer? If so it looks unbelievably dire
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 11:11   Link #4
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

It says it's a remake of Masamune Shirow original tank police, which would be true because the catgirls are on the policeforce.

Have to agree that the animation looked a little bit weird, but i can live with that as long as it has a good storyline.
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-16, 13:22   Link #5
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Well I'm willing to accept that's just a bad trailer considering the animation is by Doga Productions who have a pretty decent track record. Looks like they've opted for the CG style of the Appleseed movie from the looks of it.
Old 2006-03-16, 13:32   Link #6
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

I'm all for catgirls (especially those two), but I do hope the animation is a bit better than what I saw in that trailer. It looks rather low rent to me, but it’s a trailer…the final production could still be quite excellent.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 16:07   Link #7
SinsI

Checked out episode 1. It is Dominion Conflict. Unfortunately, the art is extremly BAD. It is in cell-shaded 3D, with terrible rag-doll motions as if taken from some 10 years old anime experiment. Considering the brilliance of original artwork, this third-rate nonsense should be kept as far away from viewers as possible.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 16:42   Link #8
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI
Checked out episode 1. It is Dominion Conflict. Unfortunately, the art is extremly BAD. It is in cell-shaded 3D, with terrible rag-doll motions as if taken from some 10 years old anime experiment. Considering the brilliance of original artwork, this third-rate nonsense should be kept as far away from viewers as possible.

I think you're being generous SinsI It was pretty atrocious. Yuni and Anna were really badly animated - stiff, lifeless manequins. The cell shading was poor too, broken lines and bad composition in general. The whole thing was so painful to watch that I didn't make it to the end.

I really hope Shirow had nothing to do with this project (apart from taking a fat cheque in compensation).
Old 2006-03-27, 19:28   Link #9
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
seriously Uber excited about this going to watch the first one in like 20 min plus tank police ruled
Old 2006-03-27, 20:02   Link #10
sorvani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I think you're being generous SinsI It was pretty atrocious. Yuni and Anna were really badly animated - stiff, lifeless manequins. The cell shading was poor too, broken lines and bad composition in general. The whole thing was so painful to watch that I didn't make it to the end.
i do believe it was worse than that actually. it was REALLYREALLYREALLYREALLY bad art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I really hope Shirow had nothing to do with this project (apart from taking a fat cheque in compensation).
same here.
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 21:05   Link #11
ECFNW

The animation was just so bad I was turned off from wanting to see it finish.
Big waste of potential here.
ECFNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 06:52   Link #12
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

I thought the animation was absolute crap, but I must be the only one who still enjoyed watching it. It's been years since I saw the original, so i guess I just missed it.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 08:19   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

As long as the Bonarparte tank battles are animated properly, I will live with it.
Old 2006-03-28, 11:36   Link #14
DaFool
Resident devil

I was more concerned with the video quality than the animation. Granted I don't care much for full 3D. The story's OK, though I didn't feel nostalgic at all. Watching through to the end gives the reward of a good song.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 11:42   Link #15
lavielove

I'm waiting for next episode to see how it goes. 1st episode failed.3D tried is a wannabe Bakuretsu Tenshi but turned out to be Haruka's(Noein) house. (^_^||)
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 11:53   Link #16
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Hmmm....the story was okay ... no great shakes. The animation (as already noted) is poor. The lighting is flat and very direction (as to be expected due to it being night). The problem with some of the lighting, though, becomes apparent in the building scenes, but I assume radiosity wasn't in the budget (or limited use of).

The rendering is medium bad. Most of the characters reacted like "game AI" and the rag doll physics didn't work too well overall. The hair wasn't bad, but it had the “pasta in the wind” feel to it. They did have problems with polygonal clipping planes. Such as this shot:

Bodies without guts…that happened a few times.

Towards the end, the camera programming and editing was actually quite good. Who ever worked on the final action sequence knew what they were doing. The end song was good as well. The show left me with the feeling that I had watched an opening video clip for a new Xbox game, and maybe that's the feel the creators were going for. Or maybe they only had a small budget.

Too bad ... even the succulent catgirl twins couldn't escape the flat lighting of a game world:

Rating: 2/5
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 17:09   Link #17
chillipep
Stay Green!

Finally got around to seeing it. The story is okay, so far so good for a first episode, but I'm not all too crazy about this CG animation.
It would be a bit confusing if you haven't read Dominion Conflict-1. Bonaparte seems to have new lower hatch opening which I guess is good for Ana since she doesn't have to go all SD just to get into the tank.
Hope to see Brenten and Megane soon! ^^
chillipep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-22, 09:13   Link #18
Nightbat®
Deadpan Snarker

Finding this Show back in some lost folder
whatever happened ot Ep #2?
Old 2010-01-25, 08:08   Link #19
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

I had some question about the original show. But i don't think there is a topic for that.

Did leona just killed a full innocent airplane crew just to take revenge on a terrorist?