AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-01-16, 02:05   Link #4481
RedBlueBlack

I kinda hope the next chapter switches back to West Genetics. Wanna know if the Nova made ground at the school or if they're still slaughtering the Chevalier like mooks. I'm also very curious about how the defenders have been equipped. That's still a bit unclear.

Plus with the main cast gone, we might see the C-List Pandora (Ingrid, Creo, Attia) get some action for once.

Last edited by RedBlueBlack; 2018-01-16 at 02:25.
RedBlueBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 04:36   Link #4482
GendoAizenPig

@Endscape

Yeah because Gengo clearly listened to his family when they didn't want him to do stuff. Why wouldn't he try to help her when she was visiting with him. Leaving her to the transcendental will already made her look like she was being influenced by him. I mean they didn't know where that was coming from. Orie in particular thought he was at fault already. There's no excuse for him not helping her learn to be more human. Her parents weren't equipped to help her with the transcendental will. Her Grandfather is the resident expert.

The author made it a plot point that they were estranged. He had plenty of chances to give any indication that they reconciled. Like you said it never even showed them interacting. It seems like it would've been pretty important to the story if it had happened.

She learned that she wanted to protect humanity, but did it her own way. She pushed Kazuya to do the same. Kazuha doesn't clearly agree with anything. She never understood why humanity was worth protecting. Through her own experiences she found her answer. She agrees that humanity is worth protecting, just like Chiffon did. Nothing more, nothing less. Hence the comparison made in chapter 196 between them. They never said they agreed with all of humanity become transcendental beings or that Kazuya should lead all of the Pandora. All they said was they wanted to protect humanity. That's agreeing with Gengo's goal, but says nothing about his plans to achieve it. I still stand by that Gengo wants to save humanity by, ironically, changing it into something else.

Kazuya's baby years are irrelevant. He wouldn't remember them anyway. That doesn't help his relationship with Gengo at all. Also as I said, when they did live with him, he was never around. I just read the chapter you're referring too, but it doesn't really disprove anything I said. He even said he still hated Gengo for causing Kazuha's death after Satellizer left. I laid out his life and I'm still curious on when these meetings supposedly happened and what the context of them was. Forced meetings is the only thing I can come up with. It's not like you can say no to someone with as much power as Gengo if he wants to see you.

@RedBlueBlack

I'm hoping for that as well. I don't really know how much of the "C-team" we'll see though since Suna, Amelia, and Ticy are still there. As are the Valkyries.

Attia is one of my favorites. I'd love for her to get to do something. I'd also like to see Genessa again too. I hate when manga's just let characters fade into irrelevancy.

Last edited by GendoAizenPig; 2018-01-16 at 04:48.
GendoAizenPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 09:27   Link #4483
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GendoAizenPig View Post
@Endscape
Yeah because Gengo clearly listened to his family when they didn't want him to do stuff. Why wouldn't he try to help her when she was visiting with him. Leaving her to the transcendental will already made her look like she was being influenced by him. I mean they didn't know where that was coming from. Orie in particular thought he was at fault already. There's no excuse for him not helping her learn to be more human. Her parents weren't equipped to help her with the transcendental will. Her Grandfather is the resident expert.
He was clearly helping her understand the transcendent will, he didn't leave her to it. It's unfair to blame him for that. It's a parents job to socialize their child.

Quote:
Kazuya's baby years are irrelevant. He wouldn't remember them anyway. That doesn't help his relationship with Gengo at all. Also as I said, when they did live with him, he was never around. I just read the chapter you're referring too, but it doesn't really disprove anything I said. He even said he still hated Gengo for causing Kazuha's death after Satellizer left. I laid out his life and I'm still curious on when these meetings supposedly happened and what the context of them was. Forced meetings is the only thing I can come up with. It's not like you can say no to someone with as much power as Gengo if he wants to see you.
It's clear from Kazuya's conversation that he is at familiar with Gengo and his habits and attitude.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 10:09   Link #4484
RedBlueBlack

Also I assume chapter 216 won't be coming out until February? Since there were two chapters released in December.

And it just occurred to me, we might see a possible Ticy/Isabella rematch, assuming the latter didn't try swimming back to Mexico at the sight of the Nova.

Last edited by RedBlueBlack; 2018-01-16 at 11:03.
Old 2018-01-16, 12:24   Link #4485
Panzercracker

I guess Chiffon will re-appeance and do something like this
Spoiler for me me me:
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-16, 16:14   Link #4486
GendoAizenPig

@Endscape

I disagree. It's not the parents job to battle a voice inside their daughter's head that they know nothing about. If Gengo wanted them to do that he should've explained transcendental will to both Orie and Ryuuichi.

I know what the chapter said, but I'm saying that I don't know when these supposed meetings happened. Word of God implies that they were familiar with each other so I'll drop it even though it seems to conflict with what was said/shown in other parts of the story. I'll have to read the official translation to see if anything was changed. (For my own benefit of course, I remember your stance on it)
Old 2018-01-16, 16:37   Link #4487
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What Endscape said was that Gengo was trying to help Kazuha with the Transcendent Will rather than leaving her to it. "It's the parents' job to socialize their child" =/= "It's the parents' job to help with the Transcendent Will".

I do agree that Gengo should've explained the Transcendental Will to Ryuuichi and Orie. But it's not like he himself didn't try to help Kazuha with it either.
Old 2018-01-16, 16:53   Link #4488
GendoAizenPig

@DragonOsman

The Transcendental Will was why she was the way she was. It's the root of the problem. How are her parents supposed to help her when they themselves don't know what's causing it? What do you do when your child is a sociopath? Do you just deal with it? No, you take them to an expert on the subject to get them help. This is the same. Gengo was the only one that understood what was happening with her. He could've done more.

Honestly, at this point, I realize that no matter what Gengo does or doesn't do, he's never wrong or at fault. There's no point in taking over a sub-forum with pages of discussion that lead nowhere. I'm going to try to prevent that from happening from now on.
Old 2018-01-20, 15:27   Link #4489
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

A note about the various threads on some of the fan service-heavy manga/LN here ("Magika", "To Love-Ru Darkness", and "Shinmai"): they are continuing and people want harem endings or have finished their main stories with harem endings. Considering that "Freezing" is still at least a love triangle, do you think most people on this thread on the Kazuya/Satellizer ship?
Old 2018-01-20, 16:22   Link #4490
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That question seems like it'd be a taboo here.

While I personally like my True Harem series, I wouldn't say this one should be like that. For this series, a Kazuya x Stella OTP ending would be best IMO.
Old 2018-01-20, 18:36   Link #4491
GendoAizenPig

@Kadmos1

Freezing has a good story and characters. A bunch of female characters latching onto Kazuya would add absolutely nothing of value. While this manga is not perfect, it's good enough to not need titillating content to cover up its shortcomings.

Also Kazuya and Satellizer are already together. He said he's always belong to her in chapter 203. That's a pretty clear monogamous confession imo.
Old 2018-01-22, 20:23   Link #4492
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

Is ch. 214 basically the moment where Kazuya shows the most figurative balls in the entire main series? That is, he is not acting like a wuss this time and was willing to confront his opponent head-on.
Old 2018-01-23, 15:29   Link #4493
DragonOsman
Dragon King

There were other times, like when he first used his power to power-up and control the Pandora.
Old 2018-01-25, 20:05   Link #4494
RedBlueBlack

First part of Chapter 216 is out on Comicgt. That's a good sign.
Old 2018-01-29, 17:29   Link #4495
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

I really wish our lead pair gets married. Seriously, for a series that has such fan service, they have a beautiful relationship. If I was Kazuya, I would gotten Satellizer pregnant (with her obvious consent) at least 3x by now.
Old 2018-01-29, 19:27   Link #4496
Wingsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
I really wish our lead pair gets married. Seriously, for a series that has such fan service, they have a beautiful relationship. If I was Kazuya, I would gotten Satellizer pregnant (with her obvious consent) at least 3x by now.
At this point have they even kissed yet........
Wingsaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-30, 10:23   Link #4497
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, they need to step up to first base and kiss first. Then comes the sex. Hope they get there soon.
Old 2018-01-30, 15:43   Link #4498
GendoAizenPig

They kissed in 203. It was a pretty major moment so I'm shocked you don't remember.

I have no desire whatsoever to see them bang and really don't know what you guys would get out of it, but different strokes I guess.
Old 2018-01-30, 15:44   Link #4499
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I guess I forgot.

And no, I don't mean on-screen. I mean off-screen. So that we just know it happened but we don't see it.
Old 2018-01-30, 15:49   Link #4500
GendoAizenPig

Ah I gotcha, I'm sure they'll get married or something by the end of the manga. The only way it doesn't end with them together at this point is if one of them dies. While not completely impossible, it is very unlikely at this point. The author obviously hasn't killed a relevant character on the good side since Chiffon.

Tags
action, author loves incest, female fighters, futuristic setting, harem, seinen