AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-07-02, 17:52   Link #1
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Gundam Build Fighters

Gundam Build Fighters, the newest Gundam TV series, was announced at today's "Gundam New Video Project" press conference. The series will air on TV Tokyo and affiliates beginning in October 2013.

Gundam Build Fighters tells the story of new battles fought by some of Gundam fans' favorite mobile suits, while letting new fans' taste for Gunpla carry them into enjoyment of a TV series. The series will be directed by Kenji Nagasaki, assistant director of the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 TV series and movie, and written by Gundam 00 screenwriter Yosuke Kuroda. Character designs have been created by Kenichi Ohnuki, an art director for Gundam SEED and later TV series, with assistance from Suzuhito Yasuda.

The star-studded mechanical design lineup includes Kunio Okawara. Junichi Akutsu, Junya Ishigaki, Kanetake Ebikawa, and Kenji Teraoka.

The series will feature not only new mecha designs, but also customized designs from previous Gundam projects such as Build Strike Gundam (Gundam Seed), Zaku Amazing (first Gundam), Wing Gundam Fenice (Gundam W), and Gundam X Maō (Gundam X). The anime will tie into an HG Build Fighters model kit line that encourages customization with the accompanying HG Build Custom line of accessories

STORY:
The near future.
Years after the huge "Gunpla"-plastic models based on the anime series Mobile Suit Gundam-boom of the 1980s. A second Gunpla boom is taking the world by storm, fueled by the revolutionary new ability to pilot your own Gunpla creations in "Gunpla Battles". These incredibly-popular Battles culminate in a yearly global tournament. Our hero Sei Iori, is a young Gunpla builder who dreams of someday making it to the world champonships. An only child whose family owns a model shop, his talent is well-honed, but his weak piloting abilities have led to a series of first-round losses. Then, one day, he meets a boy named Reiji whose piloting skills are incredible. Together as a team, they take on the world!

Sei, the Gunpla Builder.
Reiji, the Gunpla Fighter.
Sei builds, Reiji fights.
Together, they're the Build Fighters!
Their dream is to make it to the Gunpla Battle World Championship... and ein!
Old 2013-07-02, 19:35   Link #2
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

PV:

_________

This one already became my favorite Kitbash Gundam from the series .

Wing Gundam Fenice:
Spoiler for for size:
It's green, it's asymmetrical, and it's glorious!

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-11-21 at 17:50.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 19:44   Link #3
solidvanz
Special Operative

-Build Strike Gundam
A Gunpla created by Sei Iori, based on Mobile Suit Gundam SEED's Strike Gundam.
Focusing on mobility, it specializes in quick, hit-and-run attacks. While it's put together extremely well, its weapons loadout is still incomplete, meaning there's plenty of room to grow.

-Zaku Amazing
A Gunpla built by Seioh Academy student government president Tatsuya Yuki, also known as the "Crimson Comet". Tatsuya's building and piloting skills combine to create an unbeatable foe.
Based on the MSV High Maneuver Model Zaku II, it's also been uparmored and equipped with fixed weaponry. Its mix between ranged and melee power make it a potent contender on any battleground.

-Gundam X Maoh
A version of After War Gundam X's Gundam X equipped with "reflex thrusters". Its main weapon is its enhanced "Hyper Satellite Cannon", which boasts devastating power worthy of the name "Maoh".

-Wing Gundam Fenice
A unique, asymmetrical heavy modification of Mobile Suit Gundam Wing's Wing Gundam. The modifications include the removal of Bird Mode. The antenna and winglike "ear" on the right side of its head both bear scars of battle damage.
Old 2013-07-02, 20:28   Link #4
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I'm all for a full series like this. The mecha designs shouldblrove to be excellent. With all the kit bashing possibilities. I wonder if it will 50 episodes or 25.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:39   Link #5
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Going to repost the mobile appearances from the informations about series/movies/ovas thread:

Going by the PV I can identify: Taurus (black), Zoloat, Gazu L and R, Knight Gundam, Gyan, Eagil, Lumber Gundam, Harry's Sumo (I don't remember it being that fast), Dijeh, Messala, what I think is Blue Destiny, Beargguy (D'AW!), Shokew, a red version of Wing Gundam, and Freedom Gundam. I also think that Strike kitbash or whatever it is called is launched from the Argama.

I apparently missed the Messala.
Quote:
Kunio Okawara
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

*cough*

I am a fan of Kunio Okawara's works.
Quote:
Junichi Akutsu, Junya Ishigaki, Kanetake Ebikawa, and Kenji Teraoka.
No idea who these guys are.

Anyone else find it weird that no 00 or Age suits are present so far?

Edit: Okay after some research on these four here are my thoughts:

Junichi Akutsu: Astray and Mai mecha/creature designer, well he can't be bad- HOLY CRAP HE DESIGNED THE KNIGHTMARE FRAMES! Will proceed with caution, mainly because I have seen too few of his works to make a guess.
Junya Ishigaki: Lots of gundam under his belt with Escaflowne, the FMA movie,the series version of Ryu Knight, Diebuster, and newer Macross stuff. We are okay here!
Kanetake Ebikawa: Main designer of the Eureka Seven and FMP franchises, also worked on Gundam 00, Gunpla Builders, Blue Submarine No 6, and Vandread. We are okay here!
Kenji Teraoka: Like Akutsu he made the Knightmare Frames too, but with VOTOMS Case Irvine and Valvrave instead of Astray and the Mai dualogy. Will proceed with caution too although I have confidence in this guy. I mean Irvine's armored troopers were the best and the Valvraves speak for themselves.

Last edited by DuelGundam2099; 2013-07-02 at 21:52.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 21:48   Link #6
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

srsly, this is the new series? To think just over a year ago people were speculating based on one scan-image that the AGE Gundam would be controlled via remote by Yugioh looking kids and here's a preview confirming that fear as the next series, lol...

SMH, I don't have the energy anymore, guess I'll just roll with this...Cool seeing the mask-man Golden suit from Turn A, but based on the less than stellar commercial success of the last two G-series Sunrise is cutting out the middle man (an actual idea for a Gundam show) and going right for the spinal tap moneygrab...

Too bad no Tallgeeese, this may have been a different post^^...
Old 2013-07-02, 22:07   Link #7
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
A little example from their many works:

Junichi Akutsu = Astray mecha-designer (the Astray Gundams)
Kanetake Ebikawa = 00 mecha-designer (the main Gundams, not Throne Gundams)
Junya Ishigaki = Vagan Suits (from AGE) mecha-designer
Kenji Teraoka = Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex' mecha-designer. He's the one who designed the Tierens in Gundam 00.

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-07-02 at 22:20.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:16   Link #8
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For some reason, the music reminded me of megaman... and I love it ♥_♥
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:17   Link #9
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it Gundam so ill watch it but it seems like its G-Gundam
Old 2013-07-02, 22:22   Link #10
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
A little example from their many works:
Actually Obe I edited my post about that.

Since I am new to Anime Suki, when a new gundam entry is announced how far can we take speculation and theories? Because I have one kind of weird comparison I want to share.

Edit: Can be viewed here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...=120399&page=8

Last edited by DuelGundam2099; 2013-08-09 at 10:18.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:32   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Actually Obe I edited my post about that.
Yeah. When I was still typing my reply to you, I was distracted by some works. When I got back and post it, you already edited it. Oh well... I already edited my previous post to be a bit more Gundam-specific.

Quote:
Since I am new to Anime Suki, when a new gundam entry is announced how far can we take speculation and theories? Because I have one kind of weird comparison I want to share.
IIRC, you are not allowed to spoil the plot of other series here (as some haven't watched it) unless the thread is meant for spoilers and comparisons. If your comparison doesn't contain any important spoilers, I think it's okay. You may want to request a new Gundam thread to mods which allow comparisons and spoilers of any Gundam series.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:45   Link #12
quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
PV:
Wing, Strike, Grizzly Gundam, looks to be a modified mermaid Gundam, and Freedom in the preview that I recognize.

What is with the teddy bear?

I'm not so sure how I feel about a card style battle..... So now we're going to have a Char clone take over/destroy the world by winning a virtual mobile suit fight? I love the idea of putting Gundams from different shows together. I'm hoping 00 Quan[T] is in it as well.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 22:48   Link #13
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Well technically it is a franchise comparison, specifically toward television entries to another series of television shows with very broad comparisons.
Quote:
What is with the teddy bear?
That, good sir, is the Beargguy. It is cuddly as hell and can easily open a can of whoop *censored*.... Or am I thinking beer? Regardless it is awesome and I am not just saying that because it is my favorite non-gundam mobile suit.
Old 2013-07-02, 22:48   Link #14
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
What is with the Teddy bear?
It's Beargguy from Gunpla Builders Beginning OVA .

Quote:
Well technically it is a franchise comparison, specifically toward television entries to another series of television shows with very broad comparisons.
Broad comparison is okay I think. Just don't spoil some plot-points .
Old 2013-07-02, 23:07   Link #15
justavisitor

This might be the first TV series that no one got killed in the show XD Unless some evil guy takes control of the arena and casts some evil magic so the controller will sustain the real injury as the model gets defeated...(This is so yu gi oh )

All I want to know is, does the TV show share the same status like age, 00, and etc?? Meaning that this show will get all the attention and promotion? For a moment I thought this was like a SD gundam show...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:22   Link #16
FreedomFighterGunboy

My thoughts are in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FNjbglJSiY

Anyway, I'm pretty psyched for this. I know that this is just another tool to advertise Gunpla, but as an alleged Gunpla fan, I'd have to give in hahahaha. I am also so glad to see the announcement of the new HG kits for Wing Gundam, Gundam DX, Gundam F91, And Gundam V1/V2. You can not imagine how nuts I went.

Also, new Gundam Anime projects were announced along side Gundam BF, such as Gundam the Origin, and Tomino's own G-Reko.
FreedomFighterGunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:38   Link #17
monster

This is not exactly what I was hoping for, but I am looking forward to the different mobile suits coming together. I just hope the Freedom would appear in more than one episode, maybe even a recurring role.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
the less than stellar commercial success of the last two G-series
AGE might have a less than stellar commercial success, but I was under the impression that 00 did fine.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-02, 23:49   Link #18
hamazura
whatever

Its kind of fine
New kid fans will enjoy this like old toys anime beyblade, bakugan, crush gear
Wile old fans like me will just enjoy all the cameo from all series battle royale and the action :3
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 02:55   Link #19
FreedomFighterGunboy

Quote:
Going to repost the mobile appearances from the informations about series/movies/ovas thread:

Going by the PV I can identify: Taurus (black), Zoloat, Gazu L and R, Knight Gundam, Gyan, Eagil, Lumber Gundam, Harry's Sumo (I don't remember it being that fast), Dijeh, Messala, what I think is Blue Destiny, Beargguy (D'AW!), Shokew, a red version of Wing Gundam, and Freedom Gundam. I also think that Strike kitbash or whatever it is called is launched from the Argama.

I apparently missed the Messala.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

*cough*

I am a fan of Kunio Okawara's works.

Anyone else find it weird that no 00 or Age suits are present so far?

Edit: Okay after some research on these four here are my thoughts:

Junichi Akutsu: Astray and Mai mecha/creature designer, well he can't be bad- HOLY CRAP HE DESIGNED THE KNIGHTMARE FRAMES! Will proceed with caution, mainly because I have seen too few of his works to make a guess.
Junya Ishigaki: Lots of gundam under his belt with Escaflowne, the FMA movie,the series version of Ryu Knight, Diebuster, and newer Macross stuff. We are okay here!
Kanetake Ebikawa: Main designer of the Eureka Seven and FMP franchises, also worked on Gundam 00, Gunpla Builders, Blue Submarine No 6, and Vandread. We are okay here!
Kenji Teraoka: Like Akutsu he made the Knightmare Frames too, but with VOTOMS Case Irvine and Valvrave instead of Astray and the Mai dualogy. Will proceed with caution too although I have confidence in this guy. I mean Irvine's armored troopers were the best and the Valvraves speak for themselves.
Correction: Ebikawa wasn't the main designer of Eureka Seven. Heck, he just worked on some designs on AO. Shoji Kawamori was the main designer for E7. Also, Ebikawa is notable for designing on Gundam AGE.
FreedomFighterGunboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 03:11   Link #20
Skye629

Damn quite the team of mecha designers they have for this show, I have really high hopes for the designs/customs now

My biggest question is how long is this gonna last/can last with this sort of premise

Im assuming its gonna start like most animes with a few random fights, then a tournament, win/lose, next arc, etc. etc. rinse/repeat

They better make a model for that Dijeh, or Im gonna be pissed

I wonder if the main 4 could get MGs, their core frames (besides the X variant) are already complete (Strike, Wing, Char Zaku 2.0), all they need are mostly outer armor and some slight frame changes to accomodate some of the new aesthetics
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen